Ann Romney's $990 Bird T-Shirt: Stylish or Stupid?

The blog-o-sphere is still chirping about the bird shirt Ann Romney wore on CBS' "This Morning" on Wednesday, and the fact that it was hideously ugly wasn't even the news. Ann Romney's silk shirt costs $990, Styleite reports.

Critics say wearing the shirt -- part of Reed Krakoff’s spring 2012 ready-to-wear collection -- was a particularly foolish move for the first lady hopeful, as she and her multi-millionaire husband struggle to relate to average Americans. Meghan McCain, an MSNBC contributor, slammed the shirt on Lawrence O’Donnell’s "The Last Word."

"She needs to be a little more cognizant of the message she’s trying to put out, just given the economic recession that we're in and everything that's going on," McCain said. And this is just when we'd forgotten that Ann drives a "couple" of Cadillacs. Do you think her pricey bird shirt is stylish -- or stupid?

• Pearlie... Ron in ... 2012/05/04 04:35:55
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    I think so too and the libs are pea green with envy.
  • Meako Pearlie... 2012/05/04 05:48:45
    Meako
    No we are not... lmaoooooooooooo
  • Ron in ... Pearlie... 2012/05/05 16:50:59
    Ron in Oregon
    +1
    I saw Michelle on Jeopardy last night......she wasn't even good at reading the teleprompter.
  • Pearlie... Ron in ... 2012/05/06 01:27:39
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    LOL
  • Mini Twuby 2012/05/04 02:29:12
    Stupid
    Mini Twuby
    First with J-lo's snake dress and now a bird shirt -.-
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/05/04 02:28:57
    Stupid
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +3
    I like it, but why would you pay almost $1000 for a shirt? That's stupid
  • Red_Horse 2012/05/04 02:18:51
    Stylish
    +3
    I am glad someone spends money and helps produce jobs!
  • flaca BN-0 2012/05/04 02:10:10
    Stylish
    flaca BN-0
    +5
    What people fail to realize is that people like her and the First Lady are often given such things as gifts. They wear them and it helps designers to promote their wares. It helps industry. Look at the oscars. Most of those gowns are never paid for. Designers beg stars to wear their gowns on the red carpet.
  • Lisa 2012/05/04 01:57:38
    Stupid
    Lisa
    lol nice timing Anne, who is even stupid enough to pay almost $1,000 for a t-shirt anyway?
  • CG 2012/05/04 01:47:03
    Stylish
    CG
    +3
    The shirt is ugly but she can wear whatever she wants. Who cares. Michelle looks like a clown half of the time and the media call her stylish. This ugly shirt is tame. Their money. Who cares?
  • luvguins 2012/05/04 01:46:11
    Stupid
    luvguins
    +1
    Unattractive shirt to waste that much money on. Buy hey, when you have a quarter of a billion dollars, and horse dressage is your hobby you probably don't shop at Target or buy J Crew clothing like our first lady does.
  • jada 2012/05/04 01:45:57
    Stupid
    jada
    +1
    wow if shes payin $$990 for that she better have exchange cause that is rediculous!!!!!
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/05/04 01:44:06
    Stylish
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +3
    It's a shirt America Calm the F#ck down. True she spend close to a grand for it, but that's good for the economy. If she stole the shirt, than it would be open season for the criticism.
  • Pearlie... The Eli... 2012/05/04 04:37:50
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    Who cares and it is her money......I agree spending money is good especially if you can afford it....Go shopping Ann....LOL
  • The Eli... Pearlie... 2012/05/04 21:49:00
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    I'm perfectly fine if Ann Romney goes on sprees, They have a lot of money and should be allowed to spend it. I don't typically assume but I'll go on a limb that the $990 shirt wasn't the only item she purchased in that store. So that store for that day knew it was be able to pay all it's bills on time this month. That's the basis of what this economic debate (I hope) is all about ensuring companies feel financially secure to stay open. Right?
  • jamielstill 2012/05/04 01:41:20
    Stylish
    jamielstill
    +3
    How about the traavel expenses we've paid for big o and his litter?
  • Bassinman 2012/05/04 01:33:42
    Stylish
    Bassinman
    +7
    Stylish, but not as much of a "Look at me, I'm rich" fashion statement as Ms. Obama's $1,300.00 purse. Maybe Ms. Romney promotes the lives of birds, where as Ms. Obama promotes the death of whatever animal the leather her purse was made of came from. Ever think of that?
  • America... Bassinman 2012/05/04 03:03:50
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    irony, mitt is conservative
  • Bassinman America... 2012/05/04 04:07:55 (edited)
    Bassinman
    +1
    And the Liberals are even bigger spenders, especially with taxpayer's money. Being Conservative doesn't mean that you have to save all your money, live in poverty, and be a hermit. Conservatives TRY TO "conserve government (TAXPAYER'S) money" not necessarily their own. Especially when it is earned legally, through the Free Enterprise System (or Open Market) in which EVERY American has an "even shot" to participate in, whether Obama says there is no "even shot" for the path to the American Dream or not. Sometimes it is not possible for the Conservatives to cut spending of taxpayer money, since there is often a majority of Liberal votes that oppose spending cuts, or a Democratic President that will veto everything Conservatives attempt in saving tax dollars.

The only ones who are complaining about the rich and inequality, are the poor and middle class who don't want to, or are too lazy to, exercise their right to succeed. They would rather condemn someone who has what it takes to become rich and make something of themselves, than to get off their lazy butts and do what it takes to be a success. It's always easier to take a handout (of other workers tax dollars) than to work for your own living. But, you have to know the difference between the two and do the right thing. It's hard...

The only ones who are complaining about the rich and inequality, are the poor and middle class who don't want to, or are too lazy to, exercise their right to succeed. They would rather condemn someone who has what it takes to become rich and make something of themselves, than to get off their lazy butts and do what it takes to be a success. It's always easier to take a handout (of other workers tax dollars) than to work for your own living. But, you have to know the difference between the two and do the right thing. It's hard to know that difference when the Left is pushing so hard for a Socialist Nanny State of eternal dependency on tax dollars.

I get $205 a week and I don't condemn the millionaires, I'm glad that they had what it takes to make it. I don't believe that they owe me anything just because I'm not a millionaire. And I certainly don't believe the government's money (other worker's tax dollars) should be given to me. I am not "ENTITLED" to anything from the government except protection from oppression and my Constitutional freedoms, that are now being threatened by the way. I take it in stride, and go on about my own business, trying to succeed in my own way. I just wish everyone else would do the same - if they did - good bye socialist entitlement society, hello prosperity.
  • Pearlie... America... 2012/05/04 04:41:15
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    So what? He has the money, might as well spend it....It is not your tax money.
  • melly~t... Bassinman 2012/05/04 03:11:02
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +1
    Really? So, you're a vegan? If you're not, you are both an idiot and a hypocrite.

She wasn't promoting birds, honey. She was promoting her husband.
  • Bassinman melly~t... 2012/05/04 04:07:51
    Bassinman
    I said, MAYBE!!!!!! The point was not about saving bird's lives, or killing animals for purse material. The point was, "She CAN'T do it, but Michelle CAN", and in an even bigger way. Wake up!!!
  • melly~t... Bassinman 2012/05/04 04:12:53 (edited)
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +2
    If you think that Ann Romney doesn't own a leather purse, you are kidding yourself.

She's not the FLOTUS--are you aware of that distinction? Should I bring up how much Nancy Reagan charged taxpayers with her wardrobe and redecorating costs??? Naw. Why bother. It was her right as FLOTUS.

Are you an immigrant to the USA?
  • littleb... melly~t... 2012/05/04 04:41:05 (edited)
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    Not to mention that every corner Ronnies caisson turned had a shiny gun salute. I almost thought the Ottoman Turk Navy was launching a ship.....;-)

united states army ceremonial cannons
  • melly~t... littleb... 2012/05/04 12:17:22
  • Bassinman melly~t... 2012/05/05 04:16:31 (edited)
    Bassinman
    If you can't understand what 'THE POINT WAS' means, I need not converse with you any longer. And no, I am not an immigrant, I was born here in America, not Kenya. God bless America.
  • melly~t... Bassinman 2012/05/05 04:20:14
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +1
    What does Kenya have to do with Ann Romney? Or this poll?

I only asked because you don't seem to understand that the FLOTUS uses tax payer monies for all kind s of things...ALL OF THEM, regardless of party. It's silly to attack one and not all. They have all spent ridiculous sums on ridiculous things. You're an idiot if you expect otherwise.
  • Pearlie... Bassinman 2012/05/04 04:40:14
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    LOL ha ha ha ...The libs are jealous ..They want one too. LOL ha ha
  • melly~t... Pearlie... 2012/05/04 12:17:54
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +1
    Nope. I prefer stylish clothing.
  • Beccy 2012/05/04 01:28:19
    Stupid
    +1
    The tshirt looks like something from family dollar why would someone pay over $900 for it?
  • P. Sturm 2012/05/04 01:24:18
    Stupid
    P. Sturm
    +1
    The guy selling t-shirts on the corner saw her coming!
  • cynsity 2012/05/04 01:06:05
    Stylish
    cynsity
    I mean I wouldn't wear it even if I had that kind of money (I spent less for my wedding dress) but and its a big BUT she didn't use tax payer money to buy it, she is not wearing anything LESS than what the hosts are wearing as far as price goes and she far more conservitive in her clothing choices and costs than most of the holly wierd crowd who support obama.....

There is nothing wrong with someone using money they made to buy themselves nice things and when they do the (wait for it) trickle down effect helps everyone. From the designer who created it, to the people who created it to the supplier to the retailer to teh sales clerk... that is how its supposed to work. SO as far as this pay check to paycheck person is concerned she is relatable.
  • seattleman 2012/05/04 00:52:17
    Stupid
    seattleman
    +5
    It's fugly.
  • PFV 2012/05/04 00:48:54
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2012/05/04 00:47:23
    Stupid
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +7
    There's something fowl about that shirt. Only a person as flighty as Ann Romney would wear it.
    Wren is she going to learn better? Her taste is hard to Swallow. But that designer was totally Robin her.

I'll see myself out.
  • Bassinman melly~t... 2012/05/04 01:43:58
    Bassinman
    And don't let the door hit you on the way out. Ms Obama wore a $2,500.00 gown to ONE event. Did she pay for it, or did we? Ms Romney doesn't have the opportunity to use taxpayer's money yet, but Ms Obama does. Who would be doing wrong if they both spent taxpayer's money on a gown or shirt. Oh, wait, that's a stupid question, of course it would be the Conservative. It's always bad when a Conservative does something, but let a Liberal outdo them, and it's all OK.............................. I know, Huh?
  • melly~t... Bassinman 2012/05/04 03:08:34 (edited)
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +3
    It's MRS. Obama, actually.

And get a sense of humor, sh*t-wit.. I wasn't talking about politics.

All politicians spend way too much money on clothes. Both Democrats and Republicans. Should I bring up the bill that Palin rang up? Those amazing dresses that Laura Bush and Nancy Reagan wore (also at taxpayer expense)? NO. Because that's the deal when you are the FLOTUS. Good grief.

If you think taxpayers aren't already paying for the Romneys, you're wrong. We're paying to protect that giant brood. ALREADY. But that's the way it works.

Welcome to America.
  • Bob, th... melly~t... 2012/05/04 03:38:47
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    ouch.....you hurt my brain!!! :)
  • melly~t... Bob, th... 2012/05/04 03:45:31

2014/12/20 04:26:34