Ann Coulter: I’m OK With Revoking Women’s, Young Americans’ Right to Vote

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/03/27 04:13:29

If Ann Coulter had her way, young Americans, most college students, and all American women might not be able to vote.

Ann Coulter lol

During a debate between Coulter and MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell at George Washington University earlier this week, Coulter touted some of her extreme positions, including the disenfranchisement of young people and women.

Ann Coulter christianity

In the midst of the back and forth between the two pundits, O’Donnell brought up a quote Coulter gave to The Guardian in 2003 in which she said that women were one group she believed should have their right to vote taken away. When pressed by O’Donnell, Coulter stood by her comments, arguing that every election since 1950, aside from the 1964 Barry Goldwater election, would have been won by Republicans had it not been for the woman vote. Using her typical logic, Coulter said this presents enough reason to disenfranchise women.

Ann Coulter christianity

O’Donnell pushed further, asking Coulter how she would feel personally if she couldn’t vote. She responded: “If my entire gender loses it too, then I’m OK with it.”

As if this wasn’t enough to rile up the crowd of Washington, DC college students, Coulter straddled the line between boldness and absurdity once again and proposed that the voting age should be raised to 26, or “until you pay for your own health care.” That logic is based on the Affordable Care Act, which allows young Americans to remain dependent on their parents’ insurance coverage until they turn 26. She insinuated, and appears to believe, that college students are in the same boat as women and not smart enough to vote (or at least, vote how she wishes they would.)

Ann Coulter lol

Although this proposition, as O’Donnell pointed out, would create an awkward conflict with the Constitution, which allows those 25 and older to run for Congress, Coulter stood her ground: “I never said they couldn’t run, they just can’t vote.”

While it’s usually hard to take Coulter seriously when she makes such outlandish statements, how can College Republican groups—such as the one at George Washington University that invited her to the debate—justify their support for her when she doesn’t even believe they’re smart enough to vote?

Read More: http://campusprogress.org/articles/ann_coulter_im_...

• Bibliophilic 2012/03/27 04:17:20 (edited)
    coulter has lost her mind.
    Bibliophilic
    +7
    What's going on in her head? If it's anything like the filth she spews forth from her mouth- I'd rather not know. What an insulting comment- I must post this on Facebook. There is (believe it or not) a female Ann Coulter fan on my Facebook. I wonder how fond she'll be of good ole' Ann when she sees exactly how much respect she has for young women.

evil Ann coulter

• ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/03/27 16:08:26
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    looking at the past history of Christianity its not hard to imagine it

The Catholic Church Crimes against Humanity

Wasnt too long ago they would hunt people like me down ( Pagan ) and hang or burn me alive

and you as an Athiest you would be a Heretic to them oh they would show you no mercy

Pagans and Athiests Get along very well
    other Religions like Buddhism and Janism and Taoism get along just fine with Pagans and Athiests

Strange how the Religions of Peace aka the Trinity of Evil
    want world domination and get along with nobody not even thier own denominations
  • Chris- ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/03/27 16:16:56
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    As one who was raised Catholic I am far too familar with the church's long history of persecution. (I have two strikes against me as I'm gay as well as an Atheist.)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/03/27 16:20:03 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    your Sexual Orientation Does not bother me I still love you as my Brother

There are many Gay and Lesbian and Transgender Pagans and Wiccans
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/03/29 15:08:28
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    I know your Athiest but if you do ever change your mind your more than welcome to the Pagan Wiccan Path

and Ironicly we do have Gay and Lesbian and Bisexual Gods

Apollo is well known for his Male Lovers

Cerruanos is bisexual
    Man and Horse that Built Civilization he is a Nature God also God of Fertility a Rare among Gods
    usually a Female is fertility Goddess But Cerruanos is a very unique God known by many names Horned God green man Oak king among others

also any Pagan/ Wiccan Clergy will gladly perform any marriage for you and your partner if you choose to get married one day

While i am a Pagan minister i dont have my license yet to perform marriages yet im still working on that

at pagan and wiccan groups and events and parades Everyone is accepted for who they are
  • Chris- ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/03/29 15:16:53
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    When I lived in PA I was friends with a male couple who were Wiccans. I found it to be a very open, loving, and accepting religion. I don't think I will be changing my beliefs any time soon but if I did that is a religion I would certainly be drawn to. :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/03/29 15:52:08
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/03/27 21:23:11
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Anyone who believes in a God who orders hate and violence needs to reexamine his or her faith.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/27 12:53:13
    What I think
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    IF she believes this stuff, that is pretty whacked out. I am sick so I will look into it when I feel better, so I am not having an opinion at the moment.
  • Flea 2012/03/27 09:53:45
    coulter has lost her mind.
    Flea
    +4
    I wonder how much meth she's done? She certainly looks like she's done a bit....

Ann Coulter lol
    coulter has lost her mind.
    +2
    More like lost HIS mind....

Put this nut in the loony bin where she belongs.
  • justnotsaying (: 2012/03/27 08:11:50
    What I think
    justnotsaying (:
    +2
    It makes the things I say sound not so bad.
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/03/27 07:58:57
    This is so sad
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
  • ester.springsteen 2012/03/27 07:38:07 (edited)
    What I think
    ester.springsteen
    By "What I think" I mean that I will explain my views on this.

If she believes in this, who cares? Most republicans will shun Ann Coulter for spouting extremist views and even though the extreme Christian Republicans may agree with some of her sarcastic points they won't agree with all of them. All she is doing is appearing to be a fired-up warmonger, but absolutely hating her for it is dumb. Everyone has their beliefs and are entitled to it. Such is the nature of our country -- a melting pot of races, beliefs, and innovation. Her way of grabbing attention from the media is a little bit concerning, but most of what she says has a small once of sad truth in it somewhere.

And I do agree that most people aren't politically involved enough to vote until they start to pay for their own taxes and their own things because they aren't -doing anything for the country by doing nothing for the economy- in my opinion. In fact, the reason I believe most young adults are terrible voters are because they will do one of three things:

1) Vote for the 'popular' candidate - Vote for the easygoing, cool candidate that appeals to 'the best interest of the people'

2) Not vote

OR

3) Vote for the candidate that they think will prove to be the best leader for our country at that current moment

And most of ...

2) Not vote

OR

And most of the young adults today will do either 1 and/or 2. Rarely will they ever do 3 because of this generation's "Live for today" mentality.

And this is coming from an 18 year old in this generation.
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/03/27 07:05:12
    She has the compassion of a rapist and even less common sense.
    Mark In Irvine
    +2
    this mammal is a demon ...
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/03/27 06:17:01
    Coulter presents as such a caricature. Is there a real person in there?
    Andy Fletcher
    +2
    All of you so quick to condemn her for this are DEFINITELY not acquainted with her. She has ALWAYS used caustic humor and sarcasm when faced with idiots who want to put words in her mouth. It may surprise a lot of you on both sides that she and Maher are very good friends, and I'm also convinced that at times that friendship has been "with benefits". I've listened to her for years, so I know, as someone else said, this is her "schtick". She doesn't believe half of she says, she's using it to make a point against intractable morons. Plus she's hot as hell. I'd love to climb those long legs and suckle at her "trannyness".
  • Guru_T_... Andy Fl... 2012/03/27 12:53:25
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    No one is trying to put words in her mouth. She manages to say plenty of stupid sh*t without assistance from others.
  • Andy Fl... Guru_T_... 2012/03/27 13:12:08
  • Guru_T_... Andy Fl... 2012/03/27 16:45:35
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I understand exactly what you said. Too bad that doesn't make what you said any less ridiculous. Sarcastic mode. That's a good one.
  • Andy Fl... Guru_T_... 2012/03/27 16:51:03
    Andy Fletcher
    Well again, and I know you are likely to deny it, you obviously have not watched her beyond a clip or two on MSNBC, therefore you are unqualified to comment.
  • Guru_T_... Andy Fl... 2012/03/27 17:04:42 (edited)
    Guru_T_Firefly
    On the contrary, I've listened to her BS more often than anyone should and that makes me more than qualified to comment. It's because of that fact that I know that she and anyone careless enough to defend her are more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic
  • Andy Fl... Guru_T_... 2012/03/27 17:14:37
    Andy Fletcher
    Well, I'm not really defending her. She does say things that do the right no favors. But I still doubt you've watched more than a minute or two of her if that much. She's pretty easy to see through if you watch enough.
  • Guru_T_... Andy Fl... 2012/03/27 22:10:53
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    Your doubts are inaccurate. It is precisely because I see through her that I despise her.
  • Harley Quinn 2012/03/27 06:15:25
    This is the essence of the various voter ID laws being implemented by Republi...
    Harley Quinn
    +1
    Well, that means she wouldn't be able to vote either. And it's a step in the wrong direction.
  • He'a: ka'ka:' 2012/03/27 05:57:34
  • Sean He'a: k... 2012/03/27 14:02:57
  • disclaimer 2012/03/27 05:33:57
    disclaimer
    +3
    I remember a conversation I had with one of my parents' friends. It was shortly after Pluto was relegated to its "dwarf planet" status, and we were discussing what constituted a planet. His answer: "Well, if a planet is just a big ball of gas, isn't Ann Coulter a planet?"
    +1
    Actually all the answers are correct.
  • Jo 2012/03/27 04:40:19
    coulter has lost her mind.
    Jo
    +3
    actually, I dont know that she ever had one; she's clearly unstable.
  • Lady Wh... Jo 2012/03/27 09:32:12
    +2
    LOLZ her and Santorum would make a great match - match made in HELL.... for the REST of us!
  • Jo Lady Wh... 2012/03/27 10:06:22
    Jo
    +2
    lol! oh, totally!
  • Lady Wh... Jo 2012/03/27 11:10:42
    +2
    **giggle**!!
  • Mrkando 2012/03/27 04:37:05
    coulter has lost her mind.
    Mrkando
    +4
    This is absolutely unbelievable even for her. She just took more than half the populations right to vote away. She is absolutely out of her mind and should never be listened to again. Invade, kill, and convert to Christianity? She clearly has no clue what that means.
  • painted desert 2012/03/27 04:36:46 (edited)
    What I think
    painted desert
    +3
    "Annie the Trannie" does nothing but spew hate and venom for EVERYTHING! I really believe that a good part of her attitude comes for the botched attempt at being a woman. It is really a very poor excuse for a very sick and nasty man. Ann Coulter Ann Coulter
  • ester.s... painted... 2012/03/27 07:43:00
    ester.springsteen
    I agree that you can dislike a person intensely and find them physically unattractive, but to just poke at her appearance is childish and like saying "I don't have anything constructive to rebuttal with so have some pictures of me ridiculing her appearance". Really?
  • painted... ester.s... 2012/03/27 15:33:43
    painted desert
    +2
    OK, beyond the fact that this person has never say a nice word to anyone about anything, what good is this person? Just another member of the Westboro Baptist church rolled up into one. I guess that doesn't bother you either? So what is OK that person downgrades anyone and everyone? But when I say anything, I am being childish? The pictures, well I didn't make them, I just posted them. So what? Well call it what you want. I call it a man who hates himself so much, that he lashes out at everyone. He/She is SO ugly more inside then out. If I never saw what this person looked like, that hate and venom that flies out of that mouth should be offended. The comments are so vile, why aren't you questioning this sick person, rather then questioning me.
  • Jackie 2012/03/27 04:34:55
    What I think
    Jackie
    +2
    Where's the video clip? Ann Coulter can become extremely sarcastic when dealing with "know it all" admitted Socialists Liberals like O'Donnell...my guess is that she finally just gave up trying to have a serious debate with him and just said "yes Larry, I do think women should lose the right to vote and I also believe in the Easter Bunny". YOU ALSO didn't GET her sarcasm about raising the voting age to 26 "or until you can pay for your own healthcare". Meaning if someone at 26 under Obamacare is considered a "dependent child" because they're STILL on their PARENTS heath insurance at 26(!!!!) then NO they should stay home and not vote because if they are still "dependent children" and that unmotivated 8 years out of HS to STILL be on mommy and daddy's Insurance at 26, they still have the mind set of a CHILD!
  • luvguins 2012/03/27 04:29:06
    luvguins
    +2
    Oops, there go the Republicans wanting to change the Constitution that they hold so dear, and had to read at the opening of the House of Representatives in 2011. Such hypocrisy, but with crazy Coulter NO surprise. Being outrageous is her shtick to get media time.
  • Jackie Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/03/27 04:44:45
    Jackie
    +1
    ooooh what a tough guy lol. I'm sure you were one those Liberals "OUTRAGED" when you heard that Limbaugh called Fluke a sl*t. But yet it's OK for a Liberal/YOU to call a women a c*nt ala Bill Maher? Remember, Obama asked for civility on BOTH sides when referring to women because one day he want's HIS daughters to be able to express their opinions without being called disgusting names by people like YOU. By the way the shock value of the C word has worn off because it's expected from the "tolerant" left when referring to Conservative women....and using that word only makes you come across as ignorant and uneducated ala Bill Maher.
  • Pixie·Ÿ... Jackie 2012/03/27 04:51:34

2014/10/24 17:05:24