An Open Letter to "Gay" Teens

☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/02/23 19:07:04

An Open Letter to "Gay" Teens

By matt barber on Feb 23, 2013 | In Social Issues, Politics

You are being used. Adult homosexual activists with a political agenda are using you as a pawn to achieve selfish goals in a dangerous political game. You’re just a means to an end.

...

Who am I? I’m a husband and a father. More importantly, and by the grace of God, I’m a follower of Jesus Christ.

This is what motivates me to write you.

You don’t have to read on, but I pray you will.

What I write I write with the purest of aims and with your well-being in mind – physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, both now and for eternity.

You will read truth here, not because I say it’s true – I’m nobody – but, rather, because the Creator of the universe, the very God Who wove you together in your mother’s womb made it true.

His truths never change.

I have three kids, a boy and two girls. My son will soon enter his teenage years. I’ve had many people ask me what I’d say to my children if one of them came to me and declared: “Dad, I’m gay.”

Here’s what I’d say. I’d tell them exactly what I’m about to tell you.

I love you. I neither judge you nor condemn you. I accept you and I would die for you.

But you are not “gay.”

Yes, you may be physically attracted to people of the same sex, but how you act on those attractions is entirely your choice. Who you are – your identity – is not defined by your sexual feelings, temptations or behaviors. The difference between who you are and what you feel or do is as the difference between night and day.

Here is who you are: You are a wonderful, beautiful, precious human being created in the image and likeness of the one righteous and Holy God of the universe.

You are priceless.

But you are flawed – you are a sinner.

I am flawed – I am a sinner.

We are all flawed sinners – corrupted beings in a corrupted world. We are all tempted by sin.

Those temptations manifest themselves in different ways for each of us. We are all on equal footing, however, as to how we react to those temptations.

Homosexual behavior is always wrong – demonstrably and absolutely wrong.

Period.

Every major world religion, thousands of years of history and uncompromising human biology declare this objective reality from the rooftops.

Though your heart may deceive you, something deep within you knows this to be true. Scripture says, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. …” (Jeremiah 17:9)

Some say, “But Jesus never mentioned homosexuality.” First, we don’t know this. We have no record in Scripture of Him specifically addressing homosexual sin, but neither do we have a record of His addressing incest, bestiality or other sexual sins.

Jesus was clear. He condemned all sexual immorality as detailed within the moral law. He was clear that any sexual activity outside the bonds of marriage between husband and wife is sexual immorality – sin.

In fact, homosexual sin is expressly identified in both the Old and New Testaments as being among the list of sins that, if committed without repentance, will prevent you from “inheriting the kingdom of God.”

That is to say, yes; unrepentant homosexual behavior is disobedience to God. If we rebel against God and refuse to repent and ask His forgiveness, then we have chosen our own fate – we have chosen to disqualify ourselves from heaven.

We have chosen hell.

I know, it’s not easy. Temptation is not easy.

To sin, however, is easy.

Still, to endure the consequences of that sin, both here and throughout eternity, will be more difficult than our limited minds can fathom.

Romans 6:23 admonishes: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Sin can lead to physical death; but it also leads to emotional and spiritual death.

If you are caught up in homosexual sin, you know – intuitively you know – that such conduct is wrong, that it is both immoral and unnatural behavior.

Truth is truth, even though we may deny it.

God has written His law on your heart. You are a physical being; but, more importantly, you are a spiritual being. When we sin, we create separation between ourselves and God.

God’s word also says that when we sin sexually, it’s particularly egregious because our bodies are the temple of Christ. This separation from God – a natural result of sexual sin – can lead to depression and even despair.

If you feel such despair, know this: it is not “homophobia” causing it, as adult enablers might tell you, but, rather, it is the sin itself that causes it (or struggling alone, absent Christ, with the temptation to sin).

You are being used. Adult homosexual activists with a political agenda are using you as a pawn to achieve selfish goals in a dangerous political game.

You’re just a means to an end.

They may have convinced themselves otherwise, but they don’t care about you. They don’t love you. They can’t. Their version of “love” is built on lies. It’s devoid of truth.

Love without truth is hate.

If you continue down this wide, empty path, make no mistake: it will not “get better.”

It gets much, much worse.

Consider, for instance, that according to the CDC this path will lead you, boys, to a one-in-five chance of contracting HIV/AIDS. The CDC also found that 64 percent of all syphilis cases strike “gay” males and that homosexual behavior leads to astronomical risk of nearly all other forms of STD.

Even more startling is the fact that, according to the International Journal of Epidemiology (IJE), “[L]ife expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men.”

Unnatural behaviors beget natural consequences. “The wages of sin is death.”

But there is hope.

Jesus loves you with a love that no human can fully grasp. This is true not because of your so-called “sexual orientation,” but, rather, it is true in spite of it.

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)

Kids, take your sexual confusion – your struggle with sin – to Christ.

No one else can give you rest.

Read More: http://intellectualconservative.com/index.php/an-o...

• stephen.runnels.1 2013/02/23 19:23:47
    stephen.runnels.1
    +13
    Dear gay teens. Please tell this individual exactly who you are as a person, and also tell him how society in the 21st century views such homophobic, condescending religious inspired bigotry. Please tell him that, unlike christianity, a person's sexual preference is not a belief system. Unlike christianity, a person's sexual orientation does not inspire hatred, bigotry, judgmental condescension, or an artificial, inflated sense of self-worth. please tell this individual that being gay is not what is disgusting and sinful. being a Christian most certainly is.

• Shae 2013/06/17 15:13:19
    Shae
    I have never read such a wolf in sheep's clothing as this.
    I am proud to be a Christian and letter's like this infuriates me.
    How can someone who promotes love and acceptance preach this garbage.
    If you can't open your heart to someone that's different than you than you are no Christian.
  • Alexander T Steward 2013/03/12 21:46:54
  • The future inspires 2013/03/04 02:24:54
    The future inspires
    +4
    I'm a gay teenager and think we're very brave to have spend our time here on Earth with people like you surrounding us.
  • ☆astac☆... The fut... 2013/03/04 02:33:14
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    You are not born that way. The progressives at your school made you that way
  • Swordfish ☆astac☆... 2013/03/05 00:36:03
    Swordfish
    +2
    My friend homeschooled all his life with highly conservative parents, and when he came out last year when he turned 17, they kicked him out.

Are you really this stupid?
  • Ms. Macabre 2013/02/25 00:54:41
    Ms. Macabre
    +4
    Open letter to Gay Teens: Do what you want, be what you want, and fight for what you want, don't ever let anyone keep you from acheiving what you want. Don't let some conservative spewing religion tell you what's good for you. You are beautiful, and you should be able to be gay without society looking down on you. Marry who you want!!!
  • Elephant Lord 2013/02/25 00:26:48
    Elephant Lord
    +4
    It doesn't matter what the Bible says about gay marriage. This is America, not a Christian Iran. That means that we don't use religious texts as grounds for banning things, whether it be gay marriage or non-veiled women.
  • ☆astac☆... Elephan... 2013/02/25 00:38:15
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +3
    So stop forcing your religion of secular humanism on us
  • Elephan... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/25 01:15:39
    Elephant Lord
    +1
    Is straight marriage being outlawed. Are people being forced to have gay sex? No? Then shut up, because you're not being oppressed anymore than the Southern whites were when racial integration was "forced" on them.
  • ☆astac☆... Elephan... 2013/02/25 13:49:22
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    Stop forcing your beliefs on America
  • Elephan... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/26 00:44:49
  • ☆astac☆... Elephan... 2013/02/26 14:03:27
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    You are the intolerant bigot
  • Elephan... ☆astac☆... 2013/03/05 01:04:06
    Elephant Lord
    And that is because?
  • Swordfish Elephan... 2013/03/05 00:36:32
    Swordfish
    +1
    You. I like you.
  • Elephan... Swordfish 2013/03/05 01:04:16
    Elephant Lord
    Thank you!
  • Clarissa ☆astac☆... 2013/02/27 22:32:46
    Clarissa
    +3
    Why don't /you/ stop forcing it on us? You are saying that being gay is wrong, and you are forcing that belief on us. Like Elephant Lord said, we are not oppressing you, we are just fighting not to be oppressed.
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/02/24 19:18:27
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +4
    Amen! This was written with love not condemnation. Sin is sin and the wages of sin is death.
  • Gracie ... gldynmd... 2013/02/25 04:41:30
  • ruralntex 2013/02/24 10:20:34
    ruralntex
    +3
    Well written, straight to the point. Kudos to you Matt Barber.
  • Papillon 2013/02/24 08:29:01
  • Crym 2013/02/24 06:37:37
  • Swordfish 2013/02/24 03:51:00
    Swordfish
    +1
    This was good:

"I love you. I neither judge you nor condemn you. I accept you and I would die for you.
    But you are not “gay.”
    Yes, you may be physically attracted to people of the same sex, but how you act on those attractions is entirely your choice. Who you are – your identity – is not defined by your sexual feelings, temptations or behaviors. The difference between who you are and what you feel or do is as the difference between night and day."

But pretty much everything else you typed, I have to disagree with. Oh well.
  • taylordoesntdeserve 2013/02/24 03:48:53
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +5
    Only inside of religion is homosexuality considered wrong. Outside of religion, there is no right or wrong. Therefore, I choose not to judge others based on who they love.
  • ☆astac☆... taylord... 2013/02/24 16:10:24
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    I am not religious and I find homosexuality as wrong. Darwin also saw it as wrong.
  • taylord... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/24 16:31:33
    taylordoesntdeserve
    Did he? Where does he say it?

And okay, why do you find homosexuality to be morally wrong?
  • ☆astac☆... taylord... 2013/02/24 16:47:52
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Maybe you should study his work
  • Jump Ba... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/24 17:16:58
  • taylord... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/24 18:00:55
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    I own "The Origin of Species" but have not finished reading it yet. I have studied his work, and I have not found anything about him not liking homosexuality, which is why I asked you to show me where, as I am genuinely curious.
  • ☆astac☆... taylord... 2013/02/24 18:25:51
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    I really doubt that.
  • taylord... ☆astac☆... 2013/02/24 18:47:51
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +2
    Well, I'll be here waiting for you to show me where Darwin disagrees with homosexuality. Even if he does, I don't care I want to see it.
  • seadog6... taylord... 2013/02/24 18:07:59
  • taylord... seadog6... 2013/02/24 18:48:20
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +1
    *there is no right or wrong on sexuality
  • seadog6... taylord... 2013/02/24 18:51:41
  • taylord... seadog6... 2013/02/24 19:31:28 (edited)
    taylordoesntdeserve
    "In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true."

This might not be a real Buddha quote, but I like it regardless.

edit: also, all morals are products of the environment. Whether they are true or not. Morals/values change.
  • seadog6... taylord... 2013/02/24 19:32:47
  • taylord... seadog6... 2013/02/24 19:34:20
    taylordoesntdeserve
    I wonder what the compass would do if you were on Pluto.
  • seadog6... taylord... 2013/02/24 22:52:14
  • taylord... seadog6... 2013/02/24 23:34:31
    taylordoesntdeserve
    It is not irrelevant. All values are made specific to the environment. Change the environment, change the values.
  • Jump Ba... taylord... 2013/02/25 00:51:29
    Jump Back Jack ~ The Minstrel of *þᾞमेॐऊ
    +2
    A compass wouldn't work on Pluto because it's an ice ball. It doesn't have a ferromagnetic mantle. Regardless, a direction is objective. You're using totally the wrong kind of analogy.
  • taylord... Jump Ba... 2013/02/25 03:04:08
    taylordoesntdeserve
    I know it wouldn't! My exact point, haha. And maybe it isn't the best analogy, but I was trying to demonstrate how when you change the environment, things within that obviously change. Change the macroenvironment, and the values/morals must be changed as well.

2014/07/24 19:19:34