'Amityville Horror' House For Sale: Would You Live In It?

Maery 2010/05/25 18:34:49
I would live in the Amityville Horror house!
No way could you get me near the house where the DeFeo family died!
The Amityville Horror...
The house that inspired "The Amityville Horror" films in 1979 and 2005 has been put up for sale at $1.15 million. The five-bedroom Dutch Colonial home in New York has a history involving the death of a family.

The tale behind the house's haunting involves the DeFeo family. They were shot and killed in their sleep by their eldest son, Ronald DeFeo Jr. The family that moved into the home after the murders was subsequently haunted by supernatural occurrences. They reported bleeding walls, moving furniture and experienced unexplained power outages.

Would you live in the Amityville Horror house?

• Bye Sodahead 2011/01/30 02:53:50
    Bye Sodahead
    I might buy the house, but I wouldn't live there. Has anyone voting that they would, seen the actual murder scene photographs? It's horrible how those kids died, not to mention the mom and dad. That kind of tragedy doesn't just go away. It stays with the house. No way I'd sleep in any of those bedrooms.
  • crystal 2010/11/11 17:24:17
    crystal
    i would love to live in a big house like this but i really would like to go there cuz it's haunted
  • Bitterflames 2010/06/20 04:16:28
  • Wolven Spirit 2010/06/12 15:14:48 (edited)
    The Amityville Horror...
    Wolven Spirit
    I wouldn't live in the house because a few facts... Look at the history of the LAND itself. All of Amity Ville was once a sight of a massacre and way too many people being slaughtered. There is too much bad energy there. Another thing is I don't want to be in a house that people were killed in. I have had to live in too many. My hubbie's friend, my hubbie and I went up to the house to snap a few photos. That place is all wrong. These people who say nothing was going on there had to be lying.

http://truelegends.info/amity...
    http://truelegends.info/amity...

There is a TON of history in just that one area. Very bad stuff happened a lot torture, etc. The land did get it's reputation by just that one house alone. I wish people would stop obsessing with the house and find other weird and sad facts.
  • Kaoru 2010/06/05 05:12:38
    Kaoru
    Maybe the bad energy is still there... and it's weird to know you live in a house where people were done to something as horrible as murder!
    Sorry for my English, lol!
  • baller 2010/05/27 13:34:43
    baller
    Sure if the price was right...but I am sure the price is not right due to the movie but also I have a peace treaty with poltergists...LMMFAO
  • Neon Secrets 2010/05/26 23:40:42
    Neon Secrets
    Do you happen to have the listing?
  • dragon14 2010/05/26 22:41:29
    dragon14
    no way! i think the bloody walls is cool, but i dont handle moving furniture very well.
  • Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness 2010/05/25 22:23:04
    Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness
    Of course, I really like that movie and I'd love to live in a haunted house. My cousin and I had a ghostly experience once where we saw this elderly woman standing of the ctaircase of her basement, but when she descended back to the basment, we followed her and there was no one there anymore. Even before then we'd been really into the whole idea of the paranormal and bizzare things. I would love to live there especially with a possible history like that.
  • jas 2010/05/25 22:21:27
    jas
    i would be scar for life
  • bvb_gd_p!atd_ev_th_mcr_fob_... 2010/05/25 20:43:20
    bvb_gd_p!atd_ev_th_mcr_fob__ lover <3
    heck yes!!!!! i love haunted places!
  • El Presidente 2010/05/25 20:41:56
    El Presidente
    Hell no. I'm a huge scaredy-cat, and I'm proud! I can't even watch I Am Legend made me cry (in the theater!).
  • Lestat 2010/05/25 19:57:20
    The Amityville Horror...
    Lestat
    I'd buy the place and make a bed and breakfast.

LESTAT
  • MILLERTIME 2010/05/25 19:15:00
    MILLERTIME
    +1
    HELL YEAH I WOULD LIVE THERE, I WOULD ALSO THROW SOME KICK ASS PARTIES TO!
  • will 2010/05/25 19:05:11 (edited)
    The Amityville Horror...
    will
    is a great classic horror story. I don't know if I would live in the house, but maybe for the weekend. However would you or anyone live in this fictional story home, set in a real house? story live house weekend live fictional story home real house story live house weekend live fictional story home real house
    The top pic is the bottom view looking up to the fictional story home in The Exorcist, and the bottom pic is the view from the top looking down, just to the right is the real home, to the fictional story.
  • Miss Lori 2010/05/25 18:43:57
    Miss Lori
    It's a beautiful home. The current owners say nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened there.
  • B.S. Detector 2010/05/25 18:39:57
    The Amityville Horror...
    B.S. Detector
    Did you say the White House is for sale?!?!?!?!?
    Is the economy that bad???????
    ; )
  • Alixx 2010/05/25 18:38:58
    Alixx
    hells yea i would i love the movie and the house, thats all ive ever lived in is haunted houses!! i can handle it!!
  • Melizmatic 2010/05/25 18:38:06
    Melizmatic
    No thanks.

Even if its not haunted, I could never be comfortable living someplace where I know for a fact that people were brutally murdered.

2014/11/27 09:36:29