Americans , are you still angry at France? For those who were

Yosyp 2012/06/15 11:45:17
Yes, I'm  still angry
No, I'm over that
I never was angry, they had the right to do as the pleased
I was reading some old blogs and during the build up to the war in Iraq many Americans were angry at France for not joining the invasion force and for campaigning against it.

• Scandalf 2012/09/07 08:28:08
    Yes, I'm still angry
    Scandalf
    +1
    YES YES YES!!!
    I want my "Freedom Fries" back!!! LOL!
  • Yosyp Scandalf 2012/10/03 12:21:11
    Yosyp
    +1
    I read that the so called boycott of French products hurt the US more than it hurt France because many products although owned by French companies were actually made in the USA causing job loss in America
  • Scandalf Yosyp 2012/10/03 12:55:42
    Scandalf
    +1
    And I find it funny that the boycott was against a country that simply disagreed to send its troops against it's interests to start an illegal war.
    To most of the haters France owed this cause it was freed by the US in WWII.
  • Yosyp Scandalf 2012/10/03 13:02:00 (edited)
    Yosyp
    +1
    yep, and by the logic of those haters, US should still be doing favors to France for helping America in its revolutionary war.
  • Scandalf Yosyp 2012/10/03 13:06:11
    Scandalf
    LOL! Logic has it's limits (especially for haters)!
  • Willie 2012/06/20 05:32:07
    Willie
    +2
    They had the right to do as they pleased, AND they were correct - there were no WMD's.

People love to criticize France, but they were a world power when we weren't even here yet. They've been through wars, right on their soil, which we have not experienced in anyone's lifetime who is still living. And it should also be noted that we would likely not have won our independence without their help, or been recognized by the rest of Europe as an independent nation had they not led the way in that.
  • beach bum 2012/06/18 00:24:38
    beach bum
    +2
    i was not angry, some countries can say what they want but when the come calling for help, they know we will step us
  • NoHandlebarsAttached 2012/06/16 02:13:27
    NoHandlebarsAttached
    +2
    They were right about Iraq, if that's what you're talking about.
  • Duke----The Non Racist, Fun... 2012/06/15 22:50:45
    Duke----The Non Racist, Funny Duke !
    +2
    Never was angry. They didn't believe in occupying a country and murdering millions over an obvious lie
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/06/15 22:44:04
    Mark In Irvine
    +4
    France was correct about the American invasion of Iraq
  • Tony 2012/06/15 22:42:23 (edited)
    Tony
    +3
    c'est la vie!
  • Happy 2012/06/15 20:30:10
    Happy
    +3
    who could hate such a charming pedophile?
    france hetalia
  • Metaldane 2012/06/15 19:25:22
    Metaldane
    +2
    Like I'm going to be mad at somone for going against a stupid war what do I look like to you an idiot lol
  • Leo 2012/06/15 16:21:04
    Leo
    +3
    It's France. Have a glass of wine and get over it.
  • Glfer65 2012/06/15 15:57:44
    Glfer65
    +3
    The war should never have happened in the first place. We had no business going in there. Should have had ops go in and take out Saddam and save us tons of money and saved countless lives lost.

In fact so far the wars cost has gone over the trillion dollar mark and counting. France was right to not go in even if it meant some bad blood for a time.
  • JCD aka "biz" 2012/06/15 12:18:55
    JCD aka "biz"
    +4
    I'm French, and I'm not angry at France, especially since we elected a Socialist president.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/06/15 11:55:43
    No, I'm over that
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +3
    Turns out they were probably right, but on SH, I'm sure that 2003's talking points are alive and well.
  • sockpuppet 2012/06/15 11:55:05 (edited)
    sockpuppet
    +2
    Nobody expected much (if anything) out of the French, anyway.

What would they do... commit 30 men and an ambulance? Sign a resolution
    expressing a degree of vague support for the mission? I think our Liberals
    were genuinely hurt, while our Conservatives just had a bit of fun renaming
    french fries as "freedom fries" and wearing "Surrender monkey" t-shirts. :O)
  • Beat Ma... sockpuppet 2012/06/15 11:56:29
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    Or send in the Foreign legion, who actually carries real guns and knows how to shoot them. Even Stormin' Norman Schwartzkopf is an honorary member.
  • sockpuppet Beat Ma... 2012/06/15 12:57:31
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Yeah, I actually considered the French Foreign Legion as a viable option until I was about 30. :O)
  • Yosyp sockpuppet 2012/06/15 12:02:11
    Yosyp
    +1
    Don't they have a fairly large military?
  • sockpuppet Yosyp 2012/06/15 13:11:36
    sockpuppet
    +1
    I suppose... nobody commits much when they help us anywhere, though. The British have been our strongest allies, and their support is MUCH appreciated-- but in Iraq, they lost 179 men, compared to our 4,497. When the Aussies --also excellent allies-- deploy to Afghanistan, they send one or two helicopters and a handful of troops to support them. It's a good contribution, given the relative strength/size of our allies' forces, but it's mainly a show of political solidarity.

The French don't care for us in the first place. Le Monde's 9/12 headline "We are all Americans..." was ephemeral as it gets. Wasn't long before they were back to blasting us in print. Their military contribution would have been even less significant than their tribute in print.
  • Idiot repubs 2012/06/15 11:54:16
    Idiot repubs
    +3
    Only the lying right wing that wanted so badly to go to war were mad at them calling out Bush's BS about WMD.
  • sockpuppet Idiot r... 2012/06/15 12:02:36
    sockpuppet
    +1
    The Dem's had been making racket about Iraq's supposed WMD's ever since we left Kuwait, and they fully supported the implied UN mandate for action. Only an idiot would have forgotten about all this. :O)

2014/12/19 10:14:34