America is obsessed with Doomsday prep: true or false?

yvee l'unico 2012/12/05 17:29:52
Related Topics: America, True

• Nemat 2012/12/06 09:04:50
    Nemat
    +1
    god only knows
  • Jeff Smith 2012/12/06 03:24:31
    false
    Jeff Smith
    +1
    Locked and loaded thats all I need
  • goatman112003 2012/12/06 01:29:02
    false
    goatman112003
    +1
    Just look at the damage done by Sandy. For the victims it was Doomsday.
  • Raphy 2012/12/06 00:37:21 (edited)
    true
    Raphy
    +1
    It got an audience on TV. So some are obsessed with it. I'm not...............
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/12/05 23:50:02
    true
    Rebel [SHP]
    +1
    Seems like it. I don't know why though - doomsday is a silly concept. I mean sure the world end someday, but there is no implication it will anytime soon, so why worry.
  • Josie 2012/12/05 22:47:24
    false
    Josie
    +1
    I think it's silly.
  • Mrs.Lautner <3 2012/12/05 22:33:23
  • marty Mrs.Lau... 2012/12/06 15:54:37
    marty
    +2
    Simultaneous bright lights followed by oblivion.
  • Mrs.Lau... marty 2012/12/06 15:59:33
  • afterburn610 2012/12/05 21:58:48
    afterburn610
    +1
    some are
  • Professor Wizard 2012/12/05 21:40:48
    false
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    Not me... I just figure I could walk to any Democrats house and get what I need, as they won't be armed, and therefore not able to stop me.
  • Dave In... Profess... 2012/12/05 22:17:00
    Dave In Cali
    +1
    Keep entertaining that thought...
  • Profess... Dave In... 2012/12/05 22:25:37
    Professor Wizard
    Yea... I did think about that... and now I'm thinking that may be a flawed plan.. because all the Democrats are not going to have anything, because they will be be looking for someone else to provide - like the Government. so they won't have anything - - but it won't be there fault.

Like some of the families you saw on TV after Sandy, who were crying "Where is FEMA, Where is the National Guard... Where is the help!".. meanwhile you see in the background some people working hard getting what is left of there house into a formidable temporary shelter, because they didn't NEED help, they could take care of themselves.

Yup... looking for food in a Democrats house after Armageddon, is probably not such a good idea after all.
  • Dave In... Profess... 2012/12/06 11:35:34
    Dave In Cali
    I get that you are being cheeky, but you have moved beyond humor into the realm of puerility. My house is stocked. My weapons are loaded. My Liberal Democrat family is descended from servicemen on both sides. I, too, served in the USMC.

Don't mindlessly spread the lie that all of those who disagree with you are simply crazed. I am sane, and I love my country. Neither of those qualifiers require my complicity with your ideological stance.

Turn off your TV and listen to your fellow countrymen. ALL of us.
  • Profess... Dave In... 2012/12/06 14:26:03
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    naaaa... You are not a full Democrat, you are a middle roader who leans liberal - which is actually a good thing - because the one sided people are dangerous, and it appears as if you might have the healthy mix of conservitive values...

Yes, I was being smug.

I have "stuff" put away in my metro home and a plan... plus a place in the ozark mountains to retreat too when needed. I grew up raised by a Father who was born on a farm, and a 21 year military man... I actually liked eating K and C rashions growing up. I know full well what it is like to poop in a 1 holer, and how to drink from a goard. I know how to raise food, hunt food, and protect that food. I am not "worried" in the least.

Military canned Peanut Butter is the BEST!

I am conservitive, in areas of tax's, guns, small government, entitlements, envorinment and forign affairs.... I am very liberal in areas of Religion, Sex, Education, Abortion, Drug Control, and the Arts and Medical Research.

Thank you for your courage to jump out of perfectly good boats into hot zones to protect this countyry - Just so that we could be having this conversation!

I don't watch much TV, but I do listen to a 50/50 balance of NPR and Allman/Dana/Glover Talk Shows. I don't just listen to arguments of one side of an issue - I try to hear ...

Yes, I was being smug.

I don't watch much TV, but I do listen to a 50/50 balance of NPR and Allman/Dana/Glover Talk Shows. I don't just listen to arguments of one side of an issue - I try to hear both sides and then deside. And I even argue with my conservitive buds as the Devils Advocate - just to test my own politics sometimes.

Thanks for commenting.
  • Bronar 2012/12/05 20:53:23
    false
    Bronar
    +1
    Are you talking about Christmas?
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/12/05 20:47:28
    false
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    All of America? No. A tiny percentage of Americans? Yes.
  • Simeon~thegayliberal 2012/12/05 20:26:24
    true
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +2
    People who talk about the world ending WANT it to end. They might act like it's scary and they need to be prepared, but they're excited deep down. Their life is a dead and they need a change. And what change is bigger than the end of the world?
  • Dave In... Simeon~... 2012/12/05 22:17:30
    Dave In Cali
    +1
    Sad but true, and guilty as hell :) hahaha!
  • rand 2012/12/05 20:25:37
    rand
    +1
    I'm not sure what percentage of the population has to be obsessed to then characterize the nation as such, but, for an industrialized nation, ours IS one of the more fearful
  • JustMe 2012/12/05 20:22:54
    true
    JustMe
    +2
    I am positive that on Dec. 22 there will be a new doomsday on the way
  • wtxwoman 2012/12/05 20:08:10
    false
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I don't think America is, but some seriously deranged individuals are and make a lot of noise about it.
  • Zepland 2012/12/05 19:58:11
    false
    Zepland
    The doomsday part goes too far for me. If these things were to happen most of what is prepped will get destroyed. I do think people should have a reserve of food, water, batteries, medical supplies for emergencies. And secure your home.
  • April K. 2012/12/05 19:53:34
    true
    April K.
    +1
    Mass hysteria can drastically change the mindset of people.....I would entertain it but I wouln't be too disturbed about it.
  • **yuri-the-emo** 2012/12/05 19:50:23
    **yuri-the-emo**
    +2
    people are always crazy ghaha
  • kick2head 2012/12/05 19:44:05
    false
    kick2head
    Are you talking about the TV show? I have never watched it. I have been a modest "prepper" for over a decade. I live in Florida where hurricanes can knock out power for extended periods of time, so I always keep a sizable cache of supplies, not only for my own family, but, to help out my friends and neighbors.
  • Dave0626 2012/12/05 19:15:33
    Dave0626
    More or less amused by it all. Cuz if you mean the Asteroids hitting earth or the loonies firing Nukes, there's really not a damn thing I can do about it. Or maybe the NWO psychos that wanna control everything. Again, even that, the 'preppers' haven't got a prayer. All I can really do is say: " Hey, it's been a fun ride, God...thanks for the laughs, adios world."
  • Fran-Halen 2012/12/05 19:13:46
    true
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    It's the hype and fear mongering that creates them.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/12/05 19:03:12
    false
    ★misfit★
    +1
    I hear people buzzing about it, but I don't see anybody actually doing anything.
  • Omni 2012/12/05 19:01:07 (edited)
    Omni
    +1
    America is sensationalist and obsessed with anything that stirs controversy, even if that controversy is exceptionally stupid.
  • Todd Parsons 2012/12/05 18:56:42
    true
    Todd Parsons
    +3
    That's because the collapse is close at hand
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/12/05 18:54:26
    false
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    I don't think "OBSESSED" is the right word . . . It didn't start early enough to be any kind of Obsession . . . A year as opposed to only about 6-weeks would better fit it in that "obsessed category" . . .
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/12/05 18:51:16
  • Spy Master 2012/12/05 18:49:32
    Spy Master
    +2
    But I'm fully prepped; and ready for any circumstance that arises
  • Emanon 2012/12/05 18:05:23
    Emanon
    +2
    Do you mean the show Doomsday Preppers? If so.. then yes, I love that show hahah
  • nightcr... Emanon 2012/12/05 18:59:49
    nightcrawler2005
    +1
    That show is hilarious. I've never seen such a bunch of fools destined for failure. They all seem to believe in only one type of disaster whether it be solar flare, pole shift, war, etc. Boy are they screwed when an actual disaster comes and it doesn't fit their scenario. lol
  • Emanon nightcr... 2012/12/05 19:22:09
    Emanon
    +1
    I like the show, while at the end of almost every show you see that the likelihood of their fears is a slim chance... I just like to watch .. while also slim to never happening, I want to see a zombie apocalypse one :P
  • nightcr... Emanon 2012/12/05 19:29:28
    nightcrawler2005
    +1
    Hey I'd love to see that also.
    It would break the monotony and get the old adrenaline going. But knowing me instead of being like 'Dawn of the Dead' I would be more like 'Shaun of the Dead'. ha ha
  • Emanon nightcr... 2012/12/05 19:50:17
    Emanon
    +1
    Lmao, no matter what .. it seems no matter the disaster guns are a vital component to the survival of the people... zombies, I expect lots of guns, bows, swords... *oh the walking dead....* hahah
  • nightcr... Emanon 2012/12/05 19:58:54
    nightcrawler2005
    Don't forget the ever popular baseball bat when dealing with Zombies. haha

Seriously when it comes to survival and disaster preparedness. Guns are extremely vital if you can't defend yourself and your supplies your useless. I don't go overboard but I have supplies to cover most things and I'm fairly self-sufficient. I live in a major earthquake region so its just common sense to have disaster supplies anyway.

2014/09/02 19:28:33