Am i to fat for 13? honestly?

sydney.zombiekiller 2012/08/15 01:36:56
Hi! Im 13 i weigh 177-181 (depends) and am 5'6. I have almost no boobs so i dont blance out! Am i fat? Honestly

• Anne Barnton 2012/09/17 18:23:22
    Anne Barnton
    no honey your just fine the way you are. :)
  • adeenmckenziekennedy 2012/09/09 01:38:53
  • Jack 2012/08/17 20:40:50
    Jack
    Yes, you ought to lose weight. Don't worry about having no breasts. You might grow them later; and anyway, slim girls with no breasts can be really sexy, but fat ones aren't. Just cut down what you eat, and take a bit more exercise.
  • Anna 2012/08/16 05:09:43
    Anna
    i'm 18, 170 and 5 foot 2. so i don't think you are.
  • Lolita666 2012/08/16 05:06:55
    It depends
    Lolita666
    Your bmi is about 28 which is considered overweight however, the bmi calculator doesn't really count muscle or your frame so unless you have A LOT of muscle, you are kind of overweight. You should be speaking to your doctor though.
  • Glitchie 2012/08/15 23:00:35
    Your not fat, but you could lose some weight
    Glitchie
    Go to Google, and search BMI for Women. Input your height and EXACT weight and it will tell you where you fall.
  • Zodiac_profiler 2012/08/15 19:22:41
    Zodiac_profiler
    compared to a thin model your .... i'm not sure nut some like your in-denial of your own looks. you could be more self confident if you lost some wight and i txt this with :)
  • DebraDeJonge 2012/08/15 19:18:42
    It depends
    DebraDeJonge
    I don't know. You're tall and probably carry the weight well, but I would watch what I ate so that I wouldn't gain. You have a lot of growing to do, so you''ll be fine. Please don't go on any crash diets, etc. Try to eat healthy.
  • Rosalie 2012/08/15 17:59:09
    Rosalie
    150 is good for you .
  • SA 2012/08/15 16:04:42
    It depends
    SA
    +1
    Ask your doctor instead of asking us dear. He knows more than we do.
  • frequent–antagonist 2012/08/15 14:26:58
    frequent–antagonist
    Unless you have a lot of muscle, you shouldn't weight past 140. You're almost 200. So yes, you are overweight. Therefore fat.
  • Thecharliejay 2012/08/15 12:28:58
    It depends
    Thecharliejay
    I wouldn't know ...
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/08/15 12:08:45
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +2
    Unless you're purposely looking to be crushed, an open forum like this is the worst place to ask a question like this.

Do you feel fat? is your doctor concerned with your weight, or your parents? I mean it's not a simple yes or no question. Having no boobs doesn't really mean anything. Some have them, some don't. But the important thing above all else is that your healthy.
  • vitaminanime 2012/08/15 08:17:00
    It depends
    vitaminanime
    when you pinch yourself can you pinch more than inch?
  • waterlady 2012/08/15 06:16:10
    waterlady
    +1
    I am 5'9" and I should weigh 155. Don't drink soda or fried foods. Salads will help.
  • Omni 2012/08/15 06:09:33 (edited)
    Omni
    +1
    I'm not going to sugar coat it like much of the other voters are; neither am I fat myself, so I have nothing I need to displace through this question. Short answer is: Yes. You're pretty overweight. As a 13 year old you also have a smaller, less developed skeletal structure, so that'll make the weight more debilitating. If you don't lose it now, it'll only get harder :/

Just so it's easier to understand, your BMI is around 28-29. That's very close to obesity.
  • aksquad 2012/08/15 05:56:38
  • JanHopkins 2012/08/15 05:37:40
    JanHopkins
    +1
    Sorry sweetie. It's time to lay off the doughnuts. I'm 5'6" too and at a 153 I am dieting. You will live a lot longer and a lot healthier the sooner you take off some of the excess lugagge. I know it is a tough battle, but it will be worth it.
  • PocketHalei<3 2012/08/15 04:57:26 (edited)
    PocketHalei<3
    I had the same question but I am 14 years of age, 5 foot 1 inch, and weigh 128 lbs. BMI is about 23......breast size 32 C and we all bloom differently but if you are really concerned you can start PE or sports or just a light work out, I am in volleyball plus PE. Although keep eating, keep being healthy because if you do the bad stuff to dieting it can mess you up. I am speaking about anorexia, bulimia, sports injuries, etc. At least you are tall and don't be afraid to try new things....but only to your limit and tell an adult if something is really wrong! :)
  • frequen... PocketH... 2012/08/15 14:32:22
    frequent–antagonist
    Your BMI would be 24.2, actually.
  • PocketH... frequen... 2012/08/15 23:33:32
    PocketHalei<3
    Yeah, sorry for being incorrect, I am so exhausted.
  • Noobcake 2012/08/15 04:34:21 (edited)
    It depends
    Noobcake
    +2
    There is no ideal weight for any given height which is why the BMI scale is rubbish. It depends on your frame (some people ARE literally "big boned") and how much muscle tissue you have - which is why some very buff men would be considered obese by the BMI scale when they actually have very little fat.

My BMI says I am slightly underweight, but I am slight of frame and more than one doctor has confirmed that I am a healthy weight for ME. Bearing this in mind, if I were to judge from my own height and weight - 5'2", roughly 103 pounds, and also small breasted - I would be inclined to say that you ARE overweight.

Don't get yourself bent out of shape over this because your weight is not fixed and you CAN lose weight. Get active by picking up a sport, or go for daily bike rides with a friend or family member (you're only 13 so I don't think you should go too far by yourself). Swimming (even if you suck as I do) is a great idea too. Try hoolahooping for 30 minutes to some upbeat music in the comfort of your bedroom.

Then there is eating well. DON'T COUNT CALORIES (that is how young girls become obsessed and develop anorexia). Instead, educate yourself on what food provides what sustenance to your body. DON'T minimise your meals into micro portions; it's more important to eat a BALANC...

Then there is eating well. DON'T COUNT CALORIES (that is how young girls become obsessed and develop anorexia). Instead, educate yourself on what food provides what sustenance to your body. DON'T minimise your meals into micro portions; it's more important to eat a BALANCED meal and take your time digesting. It can be difficult to control what you eat when you live with your parents (as I imagine you do) but you can ask to do the grocery shopping with your mum or dad and throw more fruits and vegetables in the trolley. :)

Sorry for the wall of text. :/
  • Omni Noobcake 2012/08/15 06:11:44
    Omni
    +1
    The BMI scale isn't rubbish. But it can't account for everything. It's simply a rough estimation/scale that's supposed to give you an idea on where you should be at.
  • Noobcake Omni 2012/08/15 06:33:05
    Noobcake
    I exaggerated. Getting a sense of whether or not you are at a healthy weight by measuring the accumulative length of all your toenails would be rubbish. :P

I agree. I just wanted to get across the point that you shouldn't put TOO much store by the BMI scale because, as you say, there are important factors it doesn't account for. It's a rough guide at best. It was, after all, never intended to be used for individual diagnosis but rather to classify populations with an average body composition.
  • theelle1776 2012/08/15 04:32:59
    It depends
    theelle1776
    You look lovely to me, dear! If you are happy with yourself the way you are now, then that is all that matters! However, if you aren't happy with your weight, make sure you're eating healthily and exercising, and you'll be in top shape in no time. :)
  • Omni theelle... 2012/08/15 06:12:25
    Omni
    If her health is at jeopardy, then "that is all that matters" stuff doesn't work.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/08/15 04:26:05
    ★misfit★
    Just based on the information you've given us, you're overweight according to BMI charts. HOWEVER, BMI charts are not always accurate, and it is possible to weigh more and still be healthy. You should get a doctor's opinion before starting any diets, especially at your age when you could still be growing. And please try not to worry about it too much. At your age, your body is constantly changing.
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/08/15 04:13:58
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    You are still growing. Everyone goes through a phase like this, just be sure that you are taking care of your body and eating right
  • Platinum Fangs 2012/08/15 04:10:01
    It depends
    Platinum Fangs
    I'm 135 lbs. No matter my height, that's still scrawny. More of a description of your lifestyle would help. Inactivity is the biggest cause of obesity. Foods got little to do with it. Even walking a few laps around the block is a good start.

I wouldn't worry about your weight until your (actually) 18.
  • .: LiVi :. 2012/08/15 04:03:27
    It depends
    .: LiVi :.
    +2
    Don't ask this question on an internet forum if you have low self esteem, you will get some nasty comments on here by idiots. Ask your doctor. As long as you eat healthily and excercise regularly you will be a healthy weight.
  • hailey.olivia 2012/08/15 03:56:48
    hailey.olivia
    Why is this even a question? D: You shouldn't be so concerned by your weight and appearance, EVERYONE is built differently and anyone who says you're fat has another thing coming -.-
  • frequen... hailey.... 2012/08/15 14:35:34
    frequent–antagonist
    Like?
  • hailey.... frequen... 2012/08/15 20:47:04
    hailey.olivia
    ... like what?
  • frequen... hailey.... 2012/08/15 21:38:04
    frequent–antagonist
    "EVERYONE is built differently and anyone who says you're fat has another thing coming".

"... like what?"
  • ♥Mrs.Styles♥ 2012/08/15 03:56:20
    ♥Mrs.Styles♥
    ur hieght i think ur fine i am 12 n weigh 92 n i am 5'1
  • Bigbrowneyes 2012/08/15 03:45:48
    It depends
    Bigbrowneyes
    Fat is a harsh word. If you focus on being healthy--eating mostly fruits & veggies & nuts and cutting back on desserts as well as finding a sport or physical activity you like--the extra pounds will drop off. Don't take it too far, and don't worry about breast size, either. Different men have different preferences :).
  • ashlee 2012/08/15 03:42:48
    ashlee
    +1
    Everyone can unless they're anorexic. If you just start working out you'll feel tons better emotionally and physically. You're probably not fine growing yet either. Don't worry about not balancing out. It'll happen eventually.
    It depends
    +2
    Stop beating yourself up--you are not your weight--you are person of worth! Don't focus on weight focus on you and becoming the best you you can--that means everything. Please focus on being the best you you can be. Be nice to yourself, work on becoming a person that you respect not based on weight but character! You are not one bit less a person than anyone else. You have as much worth as anyone else! No one is of more worth than you! You are not of more worth than anyone else!
  • LunarRain 2012/08/15 03:12:02
    It depends
    LunarRain
    +1
    I think you might be a little over weight.
  • Herb 2012/08/15 02:43:37
    Herb
    1'm 191 6'0 my bmi should be 185 or less.

2014/08/20 04:53:52