Allen West accuses 78-81 congress reps of being communist.

carolynb 2012/04/12 13:37:31
Related Topics: Congress, Party, 78, House
Allen West has accused the progressive caucus of belonging to the communist party.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/11/republican...

• ProudProgressive 2012/04/12 14:06:24
    ProudProgressive
    +8
    Allen West is a disgrace to every man and woman who ever wore the uniform of this nation's military, and he has gone on to disgrace every person who has ever served in the United States Congress. He is a torturer, a racist, a mysogynist and a liar, and his lack of integrity and basic decency is astounding.

• Keeping It Real 2012/07/07 14:23:34
    Should he be made to apologize publicly on the floor of the house to the prog...
    Keeping It Real
    +1
    I would have selected all of the above, but I thought about others from his party making statements just as troubled as West, so I didn't want to single him out, instead I would include all of them who have gone down that road.
  • CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle 2012/04/12 19:56:38
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    +1
    I wanna know what this crazy dude is smokin, and is it available here....lol
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/04/12 17:34:09 (edited)
    Do you think West should be relieved of his duties?
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    He's a part of the problem.

NDAA

The U.S. House of Representatives passed the act, which it called HR540 on Wednesday evening by a vote of 283 to 136, with 14 members not voting.

The House released the official vote tally on its website and it shows that 190 Republicans voted for the bill and 43 voted against it, while 93 Democratic representatives voted for and 93 voted against it.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/04/12 17:32:18 (edited)
    Bibliophilic
    +3
    dumb allen west

Unfounded accusations are often part of being regressive. Fear tactics are part of his 'religious doctrine': Neo-conservatism.
  • carolynb Bibliop... 2012/04/12 18:13:45
    carolynb
    +3
    Love it!!
    +2
    I thikn West hass gone LOOPY.
  • carolynb Lady Wh... 2012/04/12 16:41:53
    carolynb
    +1
    He gets his name in the paper again. He is such a jerk.
  • mich52 2012/04/12 15:18:59
  • carolynb mich52 2012/04/12 15:21:37
    carolynb
    +2
    I cannot believe this man is still in office. He is horrible.
  • ally 2012/04/12 15:11:35
    ally
    +4
    It's what the teapublicans always do- accuse without proof. No names, no written statemenst, all conjecture. So Joe McCarthy- like.

What I found to be laughable, besides West himself, is that the head of the National Communist Party has come forth and denied everything West alleges. They, of all people, would know that they have reprentatives in Congress.
  • carolynb ally 2012/04/12 15:17:56 (edited)
    carolynb
    +2
    Ya, they would be proud they infiltrated our government. lol
  • ally carolynb 2012/04/12 15:30:53
    ally
    +1
    Exactly.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/04/12 14:43:19
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +4
    Idiot.
  • ALofRI 2012/04/12 14:26:49
    ALofRI
    +1
    ....just before he's committed.

This is what some call a "patriot". We had one like him back in the 50's, we were smart enough to get rid of him then!
  • Conservatism Rules 2012/04/12 14:14:09
    Conservatism Rules
    Those progressives on the floor hate the fact their belief are of socialistic leaning towards communism.
  • carolynb Conserv... 2012/04/12 14:17:03
    carolynb
    +3
    To accuse our representatives of being communist is completely absurd and uncalled for. He should be relieved of his position. He doesnt belong in our government at all.
  • ProudPr... Conserv... 2012/04/12 14:28:37
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    Please point out for us ONE proposal that any Democratic member of Congress has made that you consider to be "communistic". (Hint - "Government takeover of Health Care" didn't work, and in fact was voted the 2009 "Lie of the Year".)
  • Conserv... ProudPr... 2012/04/12 15:29:21
    Conservatism Rules
    Pelosi and the passing of Obama Care.

Remember under our constitution is requires a 2/3 vote to pass. While Pelosi was the speaker of the house, the democrats did a temp change to pass this health care paln to 51%. So when you say the Health Care did not work, it was not to be implemented until 2013, so it has to die in the courts.
  • ProudPr... Conserv... 2012/04/12 15:43:24
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    There's nothing communist about the Health Care Reform Law, which was properly passed under the rules of Congress. You don't seem to understand what the lawsuits are actually about, but the process by which the law was passed has not been challenged by the plaintiffs.

You need to do a little studying about what "communism" means. To oversimplify, communism seeks to abolish private ownership of any property. Imposing a fee so that people are covered by private corporations for their health care needs has nothing to do with communism, and in fact encourages capitalism by increasing business for private corporations.
  • Conserv... ProudPr... 2012/04/12 15:46:48
    Conservatism Rules
    Try again and learn how the democrap passed the health care reform. A one over 50% vote, not a 2/3 vote.

Second, if you have read the actual lawsuit or if you were in business yourself you would understand that Obama Care is Socialist HealthCare
  • ProudPr... Conserv... 2012/04/12 15:51:11
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    It's called "reconciliation", and the same process was used on several occasions by the Republicans under George Bush, including passing the first tax giveaway to millionaires. It may not be the greatest rule ever made, but if you don't like it, get them to change the rules.

Of course, you have no problem with the fact that we're supposed to be a Democratic Republic, but the Republicans have created a Senate in which 59 votes out of 100 is not a majority. In my book 51 out of 100 is a majority, but not according to the Republicans, right?

And I have read the lawsuit. It has nothing to do with socialism. Seriously, and I don't mean this as an insult, you really need to put down the Right Wing propaganda and study up on what "socialism" and "communism" mean.
  • Conserv... ProudPr... 2012/04/12 16:21:01
    Conservatism Rules
    First tax giveaway to Millionaires. Sorry you made me laugh so hard my ass fell off. That so called tax giveaway to millionaire increased the government revenue 10 fold. Something the democraps have yet to figure out, if more people in the position to hire have more money to spend to hire they will increase the US tax base. Reagan was the first to do this but the democraps figured out how to spend the more as fast as it came in, and yes I am aware that there were many republicans congress and senators whom did the same thing. If you notice the Tea Party cleaned house.

Now if you learned anything in government class your would know the 2/3 vote is in Congress.

I can give you a real world example. I was part of that so called 2% whom saw a decrease in my personal taxes under Bush Jr and I was not a millionaire. That enable me to grow my businesses (yes multiple) from 5,000 employees to just over 40,000. I have made commitment to my employees not to pull a Mc Donalds or Wal Mart and cut their health care to force them on to the government plan.

Here is a little math and I will use simple numbers so you can follow. Per employee I pay $2000 per month and my employees pay a flat $500 per month. This covers their families with health, vision and dental along with providing ...

Here is a little math and I will use simple numbers so you can follow. Per employee I pay $2000 per month and my employees pay a flat $500 per month. This covers their families with health, vision and dental along with providing them with std and ltd. Financially speaking I could generate more revenue for my business by not providing health care and take the $250 per employee fee by the government. Simple math would tell you that is a saving of $1750 per employee.

What the public does not understand is this so called reform will force you to have health care, so if your work does not provide you must provide or go on the government plan. The government plan is not free, the average family will have to meet a $2000 deductible and pay per month $1500. So using my employees for an example they would go from spending $500 to $1500, that is an additional $1000 per month and no pay increase.

Simple math, what do you think most business are going to do if Obama Care was to go into effect. Both McD's and Wal Mart have already stated that corporate owned store will not offer a health care plan. The largest Fast Food Chain and Largest retailer opting out. No other businesses would not do the same thing now would they. NOO.
  • ProudPr... Conserv... 2012/04/12 17:25:55
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    The tax giveaway to millionaires added more to our national debt than every penny President Obama's policies have added since the day he took office. And they did not lead to a tenfold increase in revenue. They led to a decrease in government revenue by almost a third and to a doubling (and more) of the national debt. They also accelerated the already dangerous disparity between the haves and have nots and were the major cause of the second largest economic recession this nation ever suffered.

And stop the bullsh*t about tax cuts for the rich being "job creators". There was a net LOSS of private sector jobs during the Bush Administration. (Plus I'm sure you realize by now that Reagan RAISED taxes eleven times, and that his cuts in the top marginal rate were what led to the 1987 recession.)
  • carolynb ProudPr... 2012/04/12 18:12:31
    carolynb
    It is like talking to a wall.
  • ALofRI Conserv... 2012/04/12 14:38:02
    ALofRI
    +4
    Socialism and Communism are two very different things. It's kind of like saying the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics was a "republic" like the United States, or that it was actually run by "Republicans".

The U.S. has been using "socialism" over our greatest "growth years". Our fire dapartments, police departments, garbage collection, public schools etc. are all "socialistic" programs. Communism is a failure, Democracy would not work well without a bit of socialism.
  • Conserv... ALofRI 2012/04/12 15:34:24
    Conservatism Rules
    I love liberals and twisiting of fact. Police, Garbage and Public Schools being a socialistic program. Now put down your joint and learn what is Socialism. The control over a societies wealth and well being by a government. The basis of communism is the socialitic control over your everyday life.

Communism does not work without Socialism.
  • ALofRI Conserv... 2012/04/12 15:42:25
    ALofRI
    +1
    Sorry, I guess you have stronger "joints" than i have. No sense talking to someone who's tripping too high.
  • ProudPr... Conserv... 2012/04/12 15:44:29
    ProudProgressive
    +3
    You need to do a LOT of studying.
  • Latti I... Conserv... 2012/04/12 17:35:06
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1

Yet majority of Republicans voted for NDAA
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/04/12 14:08:22
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +3
    LMAO!!!

This approach worked well for Joe McCarthy.

I still can't believe this dolt fell for that stupid "Communists in Congress" spam email lololololol
  • ProudProgressive 2012/04/12 14:06:24
    ProudProgressive
    +8
  • carolynb ProudPr... 2012/04/12 14:11:57
    carolynb
    +4
    Tell me how you really feel!! lol and I agree with every word you said.
  • ALofRI carolynb 2012/04/12 14:39:27
    ALofRI
    +3
    May I join you?
  • carolynb ALofRI 2012/04/12 14:46:55
    carolynb
    +3
    Sure!!
  • Lady Wh... carolynb 2012/04/12 16:40:19
    +2
    Can I??

2014/04/17 12:46:08