Abortion or sterilization, which do you prefer?

\V/ 2012/04/25 08:57:35
I too, worry about the dangers of overpopulation.
Sterlization for welfare is a good idea.
I dont believe in sterlization.
I dont believe in global warming or overpopulation!
Drug tests are way more important
I back the Green Party position
Here is what I propose!
We in the Green party, USA (GPUS.org) are in favor of reproductive rights.
That being said, we are also for responsible Government and individuals.

The Transition Movement

As we make the transition to a Green economy, one of the issues that must addressed is overpopulation. There is some legitimate concern about the amount of money single mothers get from welfare and the burden this places on our social safety net, for all of us.

Having a child is a huge responsibility and it should be best done by a married couple.
Couples should both agree to having a child, before making one. They should both agree to be responsible. In theory this sounds good.

Drive carefully, most people are caused by accidents!

The reality is that with fewer and fewer jobs and prices going up in a down economy, its very difficult to have the money and to have the resources to raise a child properly. The money should already be there when the baby is born. Yet they are born every day by the thousands and a growing population of poor, uneducated and or dependent people is the opposite of what this country needs.

Therefore, I propose that every single parent that applys for food stamps and or welfare be first required to be sterilized. Overpopulation puts us all at risk.

What do you think?. If you this is is an important question, please rave it and share it. For more infor on the Green party and our 10 key values please visit the web site below.

Read More: http://www.gpus.org

• sue 2012/11/20 22:15:26
    sue
    +5
    Listen, this is not a new thing. After I had my 3rd child, I wanted my tubes tided. Now, that was 26 yrs ago. I had to argue fuss and fight with the doctor to be able to get MY tubes tied. Plus they made my husband at the time sign a concent to have MY tubes tied. I thought that was all behind us now, but my daughters best friend is 26 yrs old has 3 children and they Will NOT let her get her tubes tied. So, if contraceptics fail and she gets pregnant, she is forced to have have another child that she can not afford or wants. But, put her down if she were to want an abortion. Maybe there should be a change already to the physicians who will not tie tubes because what if your husband wants another child or if you remarry what if your new husband wants a baby. These are the issues they still use today.

• Pronatalist Pronatalist 2013/01/25 06:46:40
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    I agree with the Duggars that human life is something special and that human life should spread freely without any means of anti-life "birth control."
  • charles nelson 2013/01/20 23:55:34
    charles nelson
    Haven't tried abortion but my sterilization was pretty scary. nah, went snowmobiling after the knife. 20 below zero was better than aspirin and I didn't feel a thin.
  • \V/ charles... 2013/01/22 08:45:45
  • charles... \V/ 2013/01/23 02:48:35
    charles nelson
    Sorry I left out the Vasecstein beer and no umbilical chord necessary
  • Marcus Clark 2013/01/20 04:13:16
    Marcus Clark
    The fact is that overpopulation is a complete myth. If you were to gather the entire world population in one place (such as for a group photo) they could all comfortable gather in an area of approx 500 Sq Mi. That is roughly the land area of the city of L.A.
  • \V/ Marcus ... 2013/01/22 08:47:49
  • Marcus ... \V/ 2013/01/22 09:20:27
    Marcus Clark
    Do a little research (or even simple math) before spouting your foolishness. If you are unable to accomplish that simple task you could just look back at National Geographic as they reported on the World's population passing 7B. I'll leave it to you to at least research which issue had the article.
  • Picasso's Cat 2013/01/19 23:50:06 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    I'm with the Green Party and your suggestion disgusts me.

If your green, your vomit green, that's for god damn sure!

You get to decide what people can and can not do now, and who the hell are you?

If that's the Green Parties new platform, I QUIT scumbag!

I would rather be communist than side with the likes of people like yourself who think they know all the answers and then try to get government to mandate their logic.

And guess what, the government won't do that dumbass!

You give the Green Party a bad name.............. but then maybe that was your intent in this odd post!
  • \V/ Picasso... 2013/01/22 08:53:35
  • Picasso... \V/ 2013/01/22 12:54:29 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    First of all, your no Green Party member of any standing , you must be one of those "Wanna-Be's' we hear of that has their own agenda 95% of the population disagrees with ( you should be sterilized to prevent your seed from spreading), that's for god damn sure.
    True Green Party members don't deviate from the original platform and make up crap they themselves would like to see unfold!!!

If the Green Party ever did win, you would be banned from participating, and even watched as a potential domestic terrorist!!!!!

That "PERSONAL AND GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITY" has nothing to do with sterilization of the poor who receive food stamps, nothing even remotely like that bizarre scenario you suggest.
    It has to do with personal wellbeing and enhanced ecological balance and social harmony around the world to foster peace, economic justice, and the health of the planet.
    Now how you get sterilization of the poor out of that statement is beyond logic my friend, way beyond any logical sane thought!

There is documented evidence that the economic and social status of women is a primary factor in birthrates - when women have control over their lives, birthrates decrease. Also, a major barrier to the improvement of women's reproductive health is a lack of shared responsibility between men and wome...

There is documented evidence that the economic and social status of women is a primary factor in birthrates - when women have control over their lives, birthrates decrease. Also, a major barrier to the improvement of women's reproductive health is a lack of shared responsibility between men and women in family planning. A combination of male attitudes and cultural traditions have resulted in most men being under-educated and uninvolved in the planning of their families.

So the answer is better education, not killing future leaders as you suggest.

Your officially banned from the Green Party, and I can do that my friend, and just did. Now be on your way!!!!!!

I realize your stupid enough to BLOCK me.............. Just to let you know I expect it from morons who are wanna-be's, and will never measure up to what it takes to participate in the real political arena.
    Ok , now prove my point and Block away clown, Lol, Lol!!!!!!!
  • \V/ Picasso... 2013/01/26 00:50:47
    Here is what I propose!
    Here's my own thoughts ..

I've always worked HARD .. earned my own way through life and paid my own bills too ..
    needless to say ..
    after I had my 2nd child (and I did this while continuing to work .. )
    I decided then that was enough children for me
    (and had a tubal ligation after the youngest was born)

IF it was my ability to form the words here ..

1. I'd make sure that there's NO .. repeat NO 'incentive' to be irresponsible
    once the FIRST positive Pregnancy test shows up .. you should be WELL AWARE of what causes THAT to happen .. (yep .. it is quite clear what happens)
    THUS .. NO incremental increases for public aide (welfare) for any additional dependents at all .. (period) .. not one penny of any form of public dole for additional dependents

2. there be strict limits on times for being on public aid ..
    (If you are on it .. then like those who do WORK .. (including myself) .. I was back on duty status in 4 weeks .. doing my PT .. getting back in shape .. and yes, my little one I cared for too (and had already lined up a caregiver for the time I was on duty)).

3. That they should be actually showing up for work .. even if it is Volunteer (cleaning government offices, working on the roadside cleaning up, don't care what it is .. get a JOB for that public aid)

...

Here's my own thoughts ..

needless to say ..

4. Random/Regular Drug/Alcohol Testing (the same as anyone who works).

5. and yes, offer the Surgeries (to BOTH parties .. MALE and FEMALE .. ).
    WHY should the guys 'sow the wild oats' so widely withOUT consequences? THEY need to also be responsible for their conduct .. and be involved (if they are not violent offenders) with their children ..
  • KaWa 2013/01/18 02:20:16
    KaWa
    +1
    Population control is a field that deserves an immensely greater amount of attention and research than it currently gets. Possible means of progress in this field include mandatory sterilization of those with serious genetic disorders (autism, Alexander disease, Downs Syndrome, high susceptibility to things like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc) and those committed of certain crimes, as well as those with IQs lower than a certain point, mandatory abortions of offspring of certain groups, and slightly increased taxes for those with more than a certain number of children, or perhaps a one-time fee of, say, a couple thousand dollars or so for each child over a certain limit.

As well, encouraging the intelligent or otherwise superior parts of the population to reproduce /more frequently/ is equally as important. This could be accomplished through /payment/ to those with exceptionally high IQs or otherwise desirable traits - to a point, of course. Population control is still a more pressing concern, I feel.

Population control and eugenics are going to be essential to ensure our survival in the near future; it's very saddening that most people are so ignorantly hostile to them.
  • \V/ KaWa 2013/01/19 01:39:22
  • KaWa \V/ 2013/01/19 02:01:06
    KaWa
    +1
    I'm strongly in support of traditional gender roles, and I don't really like mysticism stuff much.
  • \V/ KaWa 2013/01/19 07:40:10
  • Ahrtal KaWa 2013/01/20 02:20:25
    Ahrtal
    +1
    Yes, we must get rid of all the useless eaters one way or another. They are a burden on us all. The PRC has the right idea: only two children per couple. Any more and it is mandatory abortion. They are SO forward thinking. Now, if we can just get charitable organizations to refrain from trying to feed the useless eaters around the world. Look to China, and FORWARD! As far as seniors go; Soylent Green. Tastes like chicken.
  • Devil Woman 2012/12/07 17:56:17
    Devil Woman
    +1
    Great post! I agree that there must be more restrictions on getting welfare and some restrictions should also be made on how the money can be spent.
  • Tic-Toc 2012/11/28 19:03:47
    Drug tests are way more important
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    DRUG TEST THE Freeloaders... They fail... No more Free-Bees for you. HA HA HA... cut the benefits by more then half I bet.
  • \V/ Tic-Toc 2012/11/28 19:43:16
  • Tic-Toc \V/ 2012/11/29 09:05:27
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    ALL OF THEM....
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/11/28 05:49:17 (edited)
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    All things will balance out in the long run.. Overpopulation is solved by famine, wars, and natural destruction by earthquakes and other natural events. Global warming and cooling is a form of natural destruction.. And mankind has very littte to do with it in the long run of our world's evolution.. We can work to solve many of the man made problems.. But never will we be able to solve all of mother natures problems..
  • Noor 2012/11/27 23:47:53
    I dont believe in sterlization.
    Noor
    +1
    There are as always medical challenges that might necessitate sterilization but state imposed or hidden or enforced as it has been to so many women... that is criminal. I also do not believe that the Western world is suffering from overpopulation, indeed the reverse.
  • \V/ Noor 2012/11/28 01:04:25
  • Noor \V/ 2012/11/28 03:24:37
    Noor
    Absolutely never should welfare be traded for basic rights.
  • \V/ Noor 2012/11/28 18:21:13 (edited)
  • Noor \V/ 2012/11/28 19:17:36 (edited)
    Noor
    I am sorry but the world is not fair. It is, indeed, the very opposite. That is just how it is at this time... hopefully in the future things will be better. Personally I am a big fan of how Chavez runs things.

I agree about the pope and birth control. I would watch him strike down moves towards birth control on Garbage Mountain in Manilla, for example, so that these poor wretches kept breeding despite wanting to curb their families. I get this. I failed Catholicism classes in high school because of my stance on birth control ~ back in 1961.

The World Bank and the IMF are pure Rothschild banking blood sucking agencies no matter who they get into their clutches.

I raised my children on the public purse. Health issues were part of it but also I wanted my children to grow up properly, with a stay at home parent. I knew that if I neglected them young in order to work, they could easily go bad. My decision was right, both girls are highly educated, motivated and definite assets to society on many levels. SO.... I don't know what else I can say.

I just do not believe the government has any place in the bedroom.

Sterilization as an option is another story. Enforced... not so much.

I am asking, could one reason for the increase in population be the fact that people have been pulled...

I am asking, could one reason for the increase in population be the fact that people have been pulled out of the rural communities looking for work as their world collapses around them? Moving to the city? That is an honest question. I have seen here the cities swell as the farm communities and small towns are devastated by economic downturns. As our mills, mines and forests have been decimated, the towns built about them collapsed or shrank and every one moved to the cities.
  • \V/ Noor 2012/11/28 19:49:54 (edited)
  • Noor \V/ 2012/11/28 22:15:30
    Noor
    +1
    Oh I know about Chavez and that you are not the same states. Corea looks to be a passionate leader according to this image.

You might be interested in looking into Chavez sometime. There is a Google video called This Revolution is Not Being Televised which is the story of his rise. He is an amazing man, absolutely amazing.

And hey, what would the world be if everyone agreed? I just wish... there was less disagreement.
  • missfit 2012/11/22 06:34:04
    missfit
    +1
    I like the Green Party and I certainly see the benefits of this position of sterilization, but I just think it impinges too much on individual freedom. What if a single mom asks for help, and then gets a job and takes care of her child herself. Then she meets the person she wants to marry and they want to have a child together. I understand the problem of population control, but that seems to drastic to me. What about married couples who keep having child after child until they have more than enough for a football team? Should there be a cut-off for everyone? Maybe two children per person or couple.After all, there are only so many resources to go around. Or should it depend on how much money the couple makes. A couple making 60,000 could have 3 kids and a couple making 100,000 could have 5 or 6. There is just something about this I don't like. Even though with the high rate of teenage girls getting pregnant with no idea of what it costs to raise a child, I can see the need for the discussion.
  • \V/ missfit 2012/11/22 18:24:51
  • missfit \V/ 2012/11/22 19:25:38
    missfit
    I meant to say infringe and that is what I mean. It seems to be a government intrusion that is just goes too far. Adoption is wonderful. But when you start making someone make permanent alterations to their bodies, this would have to be a measure of last resort. We may get there, but I hope not.
  • \V/ missfit 2012/11/23 18:43:52
  • Captain... \V/ 2012/11/28 06:18:47 (edited)
    Captain-Morgan
    Welcome to the "New World Order" China, one child per couple, and in there culture thats a Man child.. Girls babies are aborted by the millions every year..
    What happens when there is 50 or a 100 men for every one child bearing aged female? And there is 2. Billion men, and only 100 Million woman? A Billion horny men let loose on the rest of worlds woman... Now.. only 1,4 Billion people in China.. In 2020 it will be over 2. Billion people mostly men..???
  • Jasmine missfit 2012/11/25 03:59:03
    Jasmine
    +2
    Below is information from the 2012 Green Party Platform.
    Here's the link -
    http://www.gp.org/committees/...

Reproductive Rights

i. We encourage women and men to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It is the inalienable right and duty of every woman to learn about her body and to be aware of the phases of her menstrual cycle, and it is the duty for every man to be aware of the functions and health of his and his partner's bodies. This information is necessary for self-determination, to make informed decisions, and to prevent unintended consequences. Unplanned conception takes control away from individuals and makes them subject to external controls. The "morning-after" pill and option of a safe and legal abortion need to remain available.

I. Population

Humans have a unique responsibility for stewardship of the Earth. No species, especially on the upper end of the food chain, can have unchecked exponential growth without depleting the Earth's carrying capacity — human population expands at the expense of other species.

Limiting the discussion to population numbers and birthrates diverts attention from over-consumption in the industrial world and historic patterns of exploitation of developing countries. Consumption-oriented lifestyles that have evolved in the industrial world have result...

Here's the link -
    http://www.gp.org/committees/...

Reproductive Rights

I. Population

Limiting the discussion to population numbers and birthrates diverts attention from over-consumption in the industrial world and historic patterns of exploitation of developing countries. Consumption-oriented lifestyles that have evolved in the industrial world have resulted in a minority of people consuming a majority of resources. This is as significant a threat to the Earth's carrying capacity as the high birth rates in low-consumption countries.

Current global demographics demonstrate that economic wellbeing promotes low birthrates. Any discussion of population must also be a discussion of women throughout the world. There is documented evidence that the economic and social status of women is a primary factor in birthrates - when women have control over their lives, birthrates decrease. Also, a major barrier to the improvement of women's reproductive health is a lack of shared responsibility between men and women in family planning. A combination of male attitudes and cultural traditions have resulted in most men being under-educated and uninvolved in the planning of their families.

Globally, human population is increasing while food production has leveled off. When population increases faster than the economy grows, the disparity between rich and poor also increases. Higher human consumption rates and populations increase the pressure on the environment in every ecological problem area.

1. Those living in the industrialized world must end the habits of waste and over-consumption that place as much stress on the environment as does population growth in developing nations.

2. We must remove the political and economic barriers that prevent women around the world from having all the resources necessary to become skilled family planners.

3. Funds must be allocated for expanded scientific research into safer and more effective birth control techniques and devices. We demand better-than-adequate health care for women and children — especially prenatal care. [See section D. Foreign Policy in chapter I and section A.1. Women's Rights in this chapter]

4. There must be access to free birth control devices, information counseling, and clinics to all who desire them. We call for implementation of family planning education for both genders in all levels of the state school system. [See section D. Foreign Policy in chapter I and section A.1. Women's Rights in this chapter]

5. We must promote new traditions and images of men becoming fully involved in all aspects of the family planning process.
  • Pronata... missfit 2013/01/25 07:00:54 (edited)
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    I very much agree with married couples all around the world, having child after child to "unlimited" family size, for that is the natural life cycle of humans, and nobody should be expected to pollute their bodies with nasty unnatural contraceptives. Also, the "resources" argument is bogus. God provided all we need to obey his commandment to Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. It is corrupt governments that destroy jobs and spread poverty.
  • anne.k.murphy 2012/11/21 15:06:40
  • \V/ anne.k.... 2012/11/21 18:21:54
  • Roy 2012/11/21 03:21:17
    Roy
    +1
    Overpopulation is an OBVIOUS problem; In the U.S. it's called CONSUMERISM(when a population is unsustainable due to it's rampant consumption)here in the states and rampant REPRODUCTION almost everywhere else, where resources REALLY ((ARE)) SCARCE.

It's been said that every generation is responsible for the generation it creates...well...take a look at the state of things. People having sex as a biological excuse, as if we HAVE NO CHOICE; having babies in utter destitute poverty to the point where whole populations starve. Just HOW "Responsible" is THAT??

There is ALWAYS someone higher up to blame for the tragic state of the poor, well, what about The Poor themselves? How do we "Break The Cycle"? I'm an advocate/warrior for the truth and I realize how brainwashing works...but torturing children who had no choice whether to be born or not...well...need I say more?

Responsibility is the ONLY way out of all these messes. If we don't choose to take our responsibilities seriously, who will?

Once again, take a GOOD LONG look around...
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/11/20 23:51:17 (edited)
    Here is what I propose!
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +3
    Elective sterilization on demand for ALL who request it. Birth control for those who request it. Abortion for those that request it.

I know of many child born because no birth control device is totally without failure, and when the mother requested sterilization she was told she was 'too young' to make such a decision. A 19 year old with 2 kids knows what she wants...trust me.

Overpopulation is an issue, one that needs to be taken seriously. We've denied global warming's reality.....now look where we are. These are issues that are uncomfortable to face, but HAVE to be faced. Ignoring them won't make them go away. But the Green Party's stance on sterilization to receive food stamps is sheer foolishness. Many people use food stamps to get over a bad patch, and to permanently give up reproductive rights because you apply for food stamps is draconian.

Ah, yes, only the rich get to breed with impunity. Personally, I believe in Zero population growth. If you are single...one kid and sterilization. Married....2 kids and sterilization. Hey, it's no worse than what you propose - it's just more even handed.......

2014/07/28 03:24:56