A special tribute to all the fathers out there! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

ANGEL 2012/06/17 03:51:01
My kids, unfortunately, are not talking to their father - and they have good reason for that. While I've been divorced from him for many years, I tried to foster a close relationship between the 3 of them. I never made him adhere to the 'every other weekend thing' and let him know that he was always welcome to come to the house to see the kids (but he needed to let me know when he was coming by). Unfortunately, he just had other priorities. He missed my daughter's high school graduation, despite the fact that I left him numerous messages reminding him. This year, he missed both of their birthdays. Its sad - and he is really missing out, because they have both grown to be wonderful adults.

But my kids have had my husband in their lives for almost 15 years now. Also, I rent a room to a friend of mine whom I've known for about 40 years. He's like a brother to me, and they have always called him "Uncle". He, along with their step dad, have provided the stability and love of a real father. Tomorrow, Father's day, the kids and I will make them both brunch and spend the day together paying tribute to these 2 wonderful men. I am grateful to both of them for picking up the 'hat' that their father so foolishly dropped.

My father passed away some years ago - but I'd like to send him a message to let him know how much I appreciated his sense of humor and his love. Thank you so much dad for the laughs and for always making me feel so loved.

Lets put our differences aside - democrat vs. republican vs. libertarian vs. Athiest vs. Christianity vs. Scientology vs. Pagan, etc., etc. and take a moment and pay tribute to the wonderful fathers out there.

• Muver 2012/06/17 03:58:37
    Muver
    +3
    Amen to that, my father left my mother when I was 13, and we never had a close relationship, she never remarried...but I like, you, have always fostered a close relationship of the three with their father, my husband....We don't always get to see all three for these types of celebrations, but they never fail to call him....

• Patriot Unit 2012/06/17 19:49:46
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Thank you for sharing with all us fathers out there.
  • smileyface 2012/06/17 15:46:40
    smileyface
    +1
    Happy father's day dad. Since I'm in school and we live so far apart, I hardly get to see you - but today, I'm here and we're all together and I'm looking forward to the week together. While I don't see you alot I know I can always call you and you are there for me. Thank you for all you do. happy father s day
  • rawrimamoocow 2012/06/17 05:25:27
    rawrimamoocow
    Dad. Youre a jerk and you hide everything. You lie and the things ive seen you say and do to my mother make me angry. Youve left and i thought you werent coming back, but you did so i suppose you arent all bad, but sometimes i wish you didnt come back. Even though i cant stand you and your wife most of the time and youre definatly not getting dad of the year award i still like you and youre still a good dad, kinda. So happy fathers day daddy. :)
  • smileyface rawrima... 2012/06/17 15:49:12
    smileyface
    I'm sorry that he's disappointed you. Sometimes people just don't measure up to what we wish or expect. At least, as you said, he's "a good dad (kinda)". I hope, somehow, that things can improve between the 2 of you.
  • Pops 2012/06/17 03:59:36
    Pops
    I did everything I thought I was supposed to do and then made some stuff up. I was hoping I would get something right!...Guess not!
  • ANGEL Pops 2012/06/17 04:37:49
    ANGEL
    +1
    Sometimes you just do what you can do! At least you tried.
  • Muver 2012/06/17 03:58:37
    Muver
    +3
    +2
    Happy daddy's day!

2014/10/01 06:01:19