A LOVE STORY IN 22 PICTURES

ChiTownGirl 2012/09/20 03:22:20

SLIDESHOW: Taylor & Kelly Morris

3 of 22

A LOVE STORY IN 22 PICTURES
A picture is worth 1000 words.

Keep tissues handy.

Morris and Danielle Kelly's love story is a captivating one: Morris was hit by an explosive device while serving in Afghanistan and became one of the few surviving quadruple amputees, but that didn't stop him from dancing at a recent wedding with the girlfriend who has stayed by his side throughout his recovery.

Morris, 23, is an Navy EOD tech -- or Explosive Ordinance Disposal tech -- from Iowa who was injured in action last May after stepping on an IED. He lost both of his legs, his left arm from the bicep down, and his right hand.

“I don’t think a second of that day will ever fade from my memory," Kelly told the Cedar Falls Patch back in July. "I try not to think back on that day, because back all the raw feelings. Instead, we are looking forward.”

Donations helped the couple build their dream home: a wood cabin on a lake. Within 45 minutes, close to $28,000 had been raised. That number later rose to $250,000.

(Photographs from Tim Dodd Photography.)

• Marek 2012/10/16 21:03:21
    Marek
    +1
    What a story. She is a remarkable woman. It shows that love is very powerful force. In this case both of them display it and courage to continue their family life in spite of the tragedy. Also the people who welcomed Morris back and chipped in to help display generous American spirit. This spirit is why my father loved Americans with whom he served in WW2.
  • ChiTown... Marek 2012/10/16 21:59:11
    ChiTownGirl
    +2
    I know...the one picture with her carrying him up the stairs with no legs, no arms...just a torso and head...so beautiful. She took "for better or for worse" to a whole new level even before they got married for real...that's TRUE LOVE!! They make such a beautiful and gorgeous couple...they are. I think about them often. God Bless your father and the Americans during WW2...my gparents were in Germany throughout the war and afterwards the Americans were so fantastic to them...if only Afghan and Iraqis would understand the goodness of Americans, that place would be rebuilt by now....
  • Marek ChiTown... 2012/10/16 22:10:40
    Marek
    +1
    Yes, the same picture caugh my attention as well. She is great woman and he must be a great man to deserve her loyalty.

Unfortunately Islam is what prevents Afghans and Iraqis from realizing the benefits of American involvement.
  • Christian 2012/10/05 05:23:23
    Christian
    +4
    This is the best post I have ever seen.
  • desmondseldy 2012/09/23 07:01:35
  • rk 2012/09/20 03:58:07
  • ChiTown... ☆The Ro... 2012/09/20 04:02:26
    ChiTownGirl
    +2
    You post the best pix EVER...I got tears in my eyes...God Bless this couple...thank you :)
  • ☆The Ro... ChiTown... 2012/09/20 04:06:18
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    You know Chi, I am am a tough guy but I really have a soft heart too.I guess having a Downs daughter has made me that way..My oldest daughter will tell you I am tough tough though..I have already ran off 2 of her boyfriends..LOL
  • ChiTown... ☆The Ro... 2012/09/20 04:22:20
    ChiTownGirl
    +3
    You're great...if you're as tough at home as you are here AHHHHH!! Just Kidding...you are a GREAT Dad, your daughters are lucky.
  • ☆The Ro... ChiTown... 2012/09/20 04:28:28
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +3
    Well they have seen dad cry a few times..
  • Marek ☆The Ro... 2012/10/16 20:55:22
    Marek
    +3
    Only strong men ever admit to have cried.

2014/08/23 17:20:27