A Catholic priest Told High School Seniors Told Gay Marriage Is Bestiality and that single parents and children who are adopted are not normal.

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/16 03:45:14
A Catholic priest who hosted a mandatory assembly told seniors at Minneapolis’ DeLaSalle high school that single parents and children who are adopted are not normal, preached against same-sex marriage, and a Catholic couple who presented with the priest told the students gay marriage was akin to bestiality, all apparently in an effort to influence the seniors — soon to be of legal voting age — to vote for the anti-gay marriage constitutional amendment facing Minnesota, according to a report.
voting age vote anti-gay marriage constitutional amendment facing minnesota report
DeLaSalle touts itself as “a diverse community of teachers, learners, alumni, parents and volunteers,” whose “mission is to serve students from Minneapolis and surrounding communities who seek a high-quality, values-based, academic preparation for life,” and to “fulfill this mission, in part, by respecting and affirming our heritage as a Catholic High school in the Lasallian tradition.”
The students, however, to their credit, were not having it.
While the name of the Catholic priest was not disclosed, the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, who sent the priest, is headed by the infamous Archbishop John Clayton Nienstedt (image, top,) who in 2010 began an anti-same-sex marriage campaign by producing and mailing to Minnesota residents 400,000 DVDs proclaiming the sins of same-sex marriage. Nienstedt has banned gay prayer services, “refused the Eucharist to students wearing rainbow buttons,” and has publicly banned “open dissension” from his priests on matters related to same-sex marriage.

Read More: http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/catholic-prie...

• D.C. Willis 2012/04/16 03:50:18
    catholic church has one foot out the door and kicking its self with the other...
    D.C. Willis
    +7
    The Bible is evil and the Catholic Church is simply a spokesman.

Thomas_P8

voltaire3

• Aly Hart 2012/04/24 02:38:32
    Why is the church so vocal on gay marriage which it has nothing to do with wh...
    Aly Hart
    All of the freaking above!
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/04/20 14:17:54
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    My real answer? This is news? This kind of thing goes on all the time. These comments could have been made by a Muslim, an Evangelical, a Jew, etc...All religions are guilty of making blanket statements with nothing but their own opinions to back them up. Citing scientific studies they say homosexuals are bad parents, child molesters, carriers of disease, have far higher rates of domestic abuse, lower life expectancy, and a host of other problems simply because they are gay. (And almost every single "study" they cite comes from a man named Paul Cameron. Google him. It makes for some very interesting reading.)
    Personally I have an odd respect for The Westboro Baptist Church. Wait! Don't freak out! The reason I say that is the only honest argument against homosexuality is "I think homosexuality is wrong because of my religious beliefs." That argument is based on the true fact that they believe what they say. It is honest. "Adopted children are not normal" is an ignorant opinion with nothing to base it on. It is not a fact. Had the priest stood up and said, "This is the church's opinion on gays marrying..." that would be fine with me.
    I have noticed an escalating use of more and more outrageous arguments wrapped in "science" and "our right to express our religious beliefs." I ...

I have noticed an escalating use of more and more outrageous arguments wrapped in "science" and "our right to express our religious beliefs." I think the far religious right realized many years ago they would never win an argument using only the Bible when it comes to the law.. The claim that anti-discrimination laws infringe on their right to Freedom of Religion does not hold up in court. As they try to pass more constitutional amendments banning not only gay marriage but civil unions as well, it becomes clear not even separate but equal is acceptable to them. (they also know there is good chance The Supreme Court will strike them down.) Hence the more outrageous the claims against gay men and women are becoming. There is actually a statistic claiming 17% of all gay men eat feces. It comes directly from a discredited "study" by Paul Cameron and it is still quoted as fact by some in the far religious right.
    That is why I said what I did about Fred Phelps and his in-bred family. They base their hate on an honest conviction. Equating gay marriage with bestiality was an outright lie and the priest knew it when he said it. That's not only hateful it's cowardly and desperate.
    Unfortunately it's nothing new.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/04/20 16:03:04 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    How Do Pagans Feel About Homosexuality?

Pagans and Wiccans accept homosexuality and bisexuality as natural and unchangeable orientations for a minority of adults. Most groups welcome people without regard to their sexual orientation. Most regard sex as a gift of the Goddess to be enjoyed responsibly, and in accordance with one's sexual orientation. That is, sexual orientation is morally neutral. Sexual behavior -- whether between two persons of the same sex or of opposite sexes -- only becomes immoral if it is unsafe, manipulative or non-consensual.

An individual Wiccan generally acknowledges that female and male energies permeate the universe. The sun is regarded as male; the moon female. The rain is male; the nurturing earth is female. They also contain both both female and male energies within themselves. Their beliefs and rituals help them sense these energies and achieve an optimum balance.

There are also a few exclusively gay and exclusively lesbian Neo-pagan groups.

There may be a few Pagans or Wiccans who do not share this view but 99.99% of Pagans accept homosexuality as normal and natural
  • Chris- ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/20 17:36:30
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    Although you know my feelings regarding religion, I agree with some of things you've written. The idea of male and female energy for instance. Obviously I would not be here without a male and a female, ying and yang so to speak. I also like the idea of sexual orientation as morally neutral. How many arguments would simply vanish if we all believed that. I would argue anything unsafe, manipulative or non-consensual would probably be immoral.
    The idea of everyone containing both male and female energy becomes a little to metaphysical for me personally. I do think most of us have quailities that are usually described as male or female.
    As for the acceptance of homosexuality as natural, obviously I agree, but the truth is whether any religion does or doesn't is not an issue for me. Beyond the 1st Amendment which guarentees freedom of religion for all Americans, I don't think anyone should be required to accept anyone else in the privacy of their home or church. I certainly don't. What I was ranting about earlier was the fact some religious groups are arguing any acceptance of homosexuality is somehow preventing them from the free expression of their beliefs. If a city bans discrimination in employment based on sexual orientation that is an infringment on their rights which, when they argue it in court, does not hold up under the scrunity of law...
    And here I go again, up on that soap box. I'm even annoying myself today. :^D
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/04/20 17:48:31
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    the Abraham Religions hate homosexuality

Pagan Religions always Accepted it as normal
    gay marriage was very accepted back in ancient pagan civilizations

homosexual marriages were common till the 12th century then the church pretty much started thier hate homosexual its a sin campaign

im not saying Pagan Religion is better than Abraham ones
    im saying if you want concepts of Freedom Liberty and justice
    those are found in Pagan Religions

we believe everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness as long as it does not interfere with the free will of another person
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Chris- ... 2012/04/20 19:38:10
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    well both men and women do have male and female hormones
  • Heat Her ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/20 19:28:54
    Heat Her
    +1
    proud to be part of the 99.99%.
  • Vitalani 2012/04/19 08:07:20
    What a horrible story. A school isn't a forum for opinions, especially not su...
    Vitalani
    +2
    What an idiot.

jesus
  • Grammar... Vitalani 2012/04/20 15:48:33
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    I might steal this pic from you.
    It's simply brilliant.
  • Vitalani Grammar... 2012/04/20 15:54:33
    Vitalani
    Go ahead, I just found it on some meme sight. lol
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Vitalani 2012/04/20 19:38:27
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    i know Im the one who made it lol
  • P. Sturm 2012/04/16 22:14:43
    P. Sturm
    +3
    But raping altar boys is okay?
  • Níl mé leat 2012/04/16 20:05:13
    Does this mean the Catholic church is going to get out of the adoption business?
    Níl mé leat
    +3
    For about 20+ years in Spain the Catholic Church stole babies from single mothers shortly after giving birth. They would lie and say the babies died, they would threaten the mothers and then put the babies up for adoption. A female making the difficult choice to put her baby up for adoption and going the through the whole process of screening parents and signing away their baby is a normal and healthy thing. The church bulling and stealing and psychologically scaring women and their babies is abnormal and unhealthy.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Níl mé ... 2012/04/16 20:06:34
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    do you have any links on this i wanna do a poll on it if you can help me
  • Níl mé ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/16 20:26:38 (edited)
    Níl mé leat
    On the Church adpotion thing? I can try to find the info again, it was a year ago I heard of it. Hope this link helps for now:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

(edit) Found this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programm...
    Has a few clips that reveal that frozen dead babies were kept to show to mothers as part of the adpotion ring.
  • autumnfae 2012/04/16 18:10:40
    autumnfae
    +1
    thats bull ... I'm glad that they didn't just blindly eat it up!
  • Thank you but no... 2012/04/16 17:52:45
    Thank you but no...
    +4
    Why am I not surprised?

Stutter
  • Daniel Francis 2012/04/16 16:37:11
    Daniel Francis
  • Thank y... Daniel ... 2012/04/16 18:20:29
    Thank you but no...
    LOL!
  • Fran-Halen 2012/04/16 15:27:40
    Fran-Halen
    +2
    I was on the experiencing end of a priests loving attention. Groped and I ran like hell, never to return.
  • Clay Slayer 2012/04/16 14:33:20
    Is this priest brain dead because he is certainly out of touch and needs to c...
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    People like this dude need to be locked away. Are they really that far out of Reality??

I was a product of a prostitute mother and some John of hers and was a ward of the state for 4 years before I was adopted by a wonderful man and his wife, who became my mother and father.. I worshiped this man, moreso than Mom, just for the fact I was a Boy and my Dad was my inspiration for all that I did...

I would hope that I came out normal and I do believe I have contributed to the good of society in my 74 years...

Of course this same dude would condemn me because I dont believe in all the religious dogma, and people like him are just a part of the reason why....
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Clay Sl... 2012/04/16 14:59:02
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    not all family is from Blood
    Mabon
    Life is short. Don't get to the end of your life and have a mind full of regrets. Live your life like it matters. Have as much fun as possible! Help as many people as you can! Experience all that you can! Live!

life mind regrets live life matters fun people experience live
  • Yaya 2012/04/16 14:21:55
    Yaya
    +2
    God Loves All.. Homos, Tatted up people, Pierced up people, special needs people, he loves them all and wtd does a Priest have anything to say when he aint god and obviously aint even close -.- God is very disappointed
  • Robert 2012/04/16 13:34:32
    Robert
    +2
    Did God not say to "love one another"
    +1
    That about says it all, DAW!
  • HAlex1972 2012/04/16 11:01:31
    HAlex1972
    +2
    I can't believe the close-minded ignorance that prevails in our country.
  • The13thPixie BN-0 2012/04/16 07:42:09
    The13thPixie BN-0
    +2
    Come on really? This is the most idiotic thing ever. This "priest" has no right to call him self a "priest" of anything. That is so wrong. What is worse is the "Arch Bishop" condoned this insolent bullsh*t. How are kids supposed to think for themselves if they have insolent, irrational ideas stuffed down their throat and told they have to take it. Are they going to tell the kids to rape children and the unwilling? May the Goddess and God help us all.
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/04/16 06:34:00
    And the church will ramble about kids needing a mother and a father, while no...
    Andy Fletcher
    +1
    I too would have liked an all of the above or other as well. But this is no less than what I expect from the church. It's the same church that denied my mother an annulment after she caught my father in bed with another woman, then kicked her out after she got a divorce.
  • holyheretic 2012/04/16 06:04:45
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/04/16 05:37:59
    Mark In Irvine
    +2
    where is the "all of the above" option?
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/04/16 04:37:48
    One of the many examples of the beginning of the end for the Catholic Church
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +3
    Protect pedophiles and condemn gays. Makes perfect sense -- perversion is so much more desirable than happy people.
  • Roblem BN-0 2012/04/16 04:24:50
    Roblem BN-0
    +3
    Where is the "all of the above" option. ;-)

Can you imagine this country run by those that wish to disband the Dept of Ed. and let each area teach their children history etc in their own versions. OMG what a nightmare. And it is truly scary to know that there are many people who want this!
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/16 04:20:14
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    This guy should have never made it thru the screening process and deserves to be tossed out on his butt. Being Adopted, I take offense.
    +5
    Another typical brainwashing session of a homophobic hateful priest at at Catholic Prep High School.

Too bad these idiot priest don't realize that roughly 10% of their students are homosexual and that they will evenutally turn on the church for this, that is if they haven't been raped already.
  • Clay Sl... sjalan 2012/04/16 14:38:26
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    If you look deep into his closet, you might find and I say "Might " find he is a closet Homo and just afraid of himself.....
  • sjalan Clay Sl... 2012/04/16 17:59:15
    Quite true.
  • Pat 2012/04/16 03:57:16
    +3
    I have "escaped" the Catholic Church once and for all. I just hope I live long enough to see the earth open up and swallow it whole.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Pat 2012/04/16 04:00:54
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +7
    rapture gif
    macho man stopped the Rapture
    rapture hole gif
  • Lady Wh... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/16 12:22:50
    LOVE that first pic! Don'tcha WISH????
  • holyher... Pat 2012/04/16 06:12:17

2014/09/03 02:16:45