87% of all cities in America have a population of less than 10,000. Are those Mayors doing worthless jobs and acquiring worthless experience?

Bill - Buffalo Soldier 2008/09/07 22:36:31
No, they have the same duties and responsiblities as larger cities.  I think,,,,,,
Yes, their experience is a joke.  I think..........
Small towns are the backbone of this country.  I think......
Small towns are just a bunch of stupid rednecks.
Here is some additional information about Mayors who have absolutely worthless jobs and worthless experience:

"The overwhelming majority of cities in America (97%) have less than 50,000

residents places like Lewiston, Maine, Wa t e r t own, South Dako t a ,

Jacksonville, Arkansas, and Tualatin, Oregon. A large majority of cities (87%)

have around 10,000 residents or less places like Montpelier, Vermont,

Buffalo, Minnesota, Whiteville, North Carolina, and Cody, Wyoming."

AND the following States (population less than 1 million) have Governors with worthless experience and worthless jobs: Alaska, Delaware, North Dakota, Vermont, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

These things are good to know and meaningful to those who see 87% of the towns and cities in the country as peons, red necks, and so stupid that this group of "lunch pail people who cling to their guns and religion" should never ever be considered suitable for higher office.

• Robert 2008/09/07 23:28:21 (edited)
    No, they have the same duties and responsiblities as larger cities. I think,...
    Robert
    +12
    From someone who has lived his life in the big city... obama wouldn't be qualified to run for dog catcher in any of 'em.

• GypsyRose 2008/09/13 23:20:50
    Small towns are the backbone of this country. I think......
    GypsyRose
    +1
    You get em Bill!
    P.S. The "town" that I live in is not even incorporated. We have to use the post office of the next town over but....
    we have virtually no crime, no known drug problems, and one of the best schools in this state. While we do tend to cling to our guns and our religion here, everybody gets along, everybody is happy, and I wouldn't want to live in one of those places that I'm just a crime victim waiting to happen.
  • Bill - ... GypsyRose 2008/09/13 23:40:59
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    well said.
  • *~Amelie~* 2008/09/09 19:13:23
    *~Amelie~*
    +2
    10,000 people is still a lot to look after/deal with! i doubt many people on here have had to do that- and experience is experience, a little is better than none.
  • Bill - ... *~Amelie~* 2008/09/09 20:39:54
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    You bet it is.
  • Docstrich 2008/09/09 01:42:09
    Docstrich
    +1
    I wonder if you could cite your source on this- it is very interesting.
  • Bill - ... Docstrich 2008/09/09 01:58:01
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    Give me some time, I lost my Word doc with it all on it. I have to re-find it. (new word re-find LOLOL)
  • Bill - ... Docstrich 2008/09/09 02:33:54
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Phew, found it. it is an 8 page study. Good read.

http://www.nlc.org/ASSETS/533...
  • Docstrich Bill - ... 2008/09/09 02:36:25
    Docstrich
    +2
    thanks alot, BBill :-)
  • aace 2008/09/08 20:42:36
  • Bill - ... aace 2008/09/08 23:02:13
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    Me too
  • punch 2008/09/08 20:14:16
    punch
    +3
    Once again we have the elitist left mocking middle America and thinking no one's listening. Those pricks are in for a shock come November.

The Democratic party was HANDED this election after 8 years of misguided Bush, but somehow has managed to screw the pooch yet again. From their botched primaries, to their frequent gaffes caught on film (like Barack's now infamous: "You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them…And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.")

..stick a fork in the Democratic party...it's done. They need to reel-it-in and take a look at whom they're representing. They are so out of touch with the real America. Not everything is like it is in Hollywood or Washington. WAKE UP!
  • Bill - ... punch 2008/09/08 20:19:11
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +3
    I am with you - the arrogance of the left is just plain staggering and the sheep on here just repeat the arrogance over and over again.
    And Obama says one thing in the small towns and another to his real pals - as I remember we call that two-faced and not meant in a nice way. Cannot imagine trying to justify this behavior.
  • Docstrich punch 2008/09/09 01:44:21 (edited)
    Docstrich
    +2
    don't mock me! They have underestimated "average joe" one too many freaking times. That's what people love about Sarah Palin. She seems like us- working mom, concern for her community, love for her family- etc.
    I would like to cock-punch the latte liberals who hate anyone who isn't as "tolerant" as they are. What a joke.
  • steelers girl 2008/09/08 20:05:58
  • Bill - ... steeler... 2008/09/08 20:11:02
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    You bet, and is a thankless job because someone is always yelling at you. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it.
  • steeler... Bill - ... 2008/09/08 20:13:33
  • LaZbum ... steeler... 2008/09/09 13:23:19
  • Bill - ... LaZbum ... 2008/09/09 16:44:41
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    You are right, I never thought about it. Damn straight
  • LaZbum ~ McCain/Palin '08 2008/09/08 19:47:53 (edited)
  • Bill - ... LaZbum ... 2008/09/08 19:52:26
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    LOL true
  • Docstrich LaZbum ... 2008/09/09 01:45:42
    Docstrich
    +1
    a community "organizer" you mean. He sure can organize people- into brain washed zombies......
  • LaZbum ... Docstrich 2008/09/09 13:19:16
  • 1sbwa 2008/09/08 17:25:13
    1sbwa
    +3
    I agree with the dog catcher thing. Small or large cities.
    Scares me to know they paid him to teach.
  • Bill - ... 1sbwa 2008/09/08 17:53:56
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Same here
  • Bitwise Operator 2008/09/08 17:04:26
    Bitwise Operator
    +4
    Politicians who have disdain for our small towns do not deserve to represent them in any capacity, Senator, Governor, Mayor nor even Community Organizer.
  • Bill - ... Bitwise... 2008/09/08 17:53:39
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    Excellent point.
  • Docstrich Bitwise... 2008/09/09 01:46:21
    Docstrich
    +1
    Triple raves for you! They forget they are supposed to represent the average person.....
  • FireBalls-STAND UP united 2008/09/08 14:31:20
    FireBalls-STAND UP united
    +4
    Not a lot to add just that smaller towns seem to have much better control over there problems then the big citys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bill - ... FireBal... 2008/09/08 16:31:19
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Good point!! And more knowledge of what is actually going on.
  • harrisa 2008/09/08 12:04:47
    harrisa
    +3
    Same difference....a matter of scale....
  • Bill - ... harrisa 2008/09/08 16:30:42
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Yup. And few, if any, subordinates to do the actual work.
  • FleeWRATH2Come! 2008/09/08 10:20:35
    FleeWRATH2Come!
    +4
    Think about it this way!

All the critics of small town mayors are themselves leaders of something, like a family maybe...

...How many of these liberal "thought-police" have kids who are strung-out on drugs, wives who are shacking-up with their best friends, or could actually find a job outside of Berkley? :}
  • Tpem 2008/09/08 06:15:05 (edited)
    Tpem
    +3
    I think it's about leadership and values. Large or small does not matter. Success matters. Is that city or town better off with a certain leader or not. Obviously large city's have more responsibility than small ones but bad leadership in either case can destroy a city. Case in point. Look at Detroit or Washington DC. The mayors of those huge cities were both liberals. They were both more concerned for their own interests over those of the people they were supposed to represent and the people there suffered for it. In the case of Sarah Palin she provided excellent leadership and values and her town prospered which is why she was elected Governor and there is no larger responsibility than that with the exception of serving as President of the United States.

town prospered elected governor larger responsibility exception serving president united
  • Bill - ... Tpem 2008/09/08 16:29:58
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Well said
  • highdesertgemini 2008/09/08 06:01:41
    highdesertgemini
    +2
    ...in some smaller communities, I imagine "mayor" is more of an honourary term than an actual job. In the communities where "mayor" is an actual job, the duties, responsibilities, and liabilities are not all unlike those of our president -- yes, I realize it's on a much smaller level -- with the added pressure of actually living in the smaller city they are governing...
  • Bill - ... highdes... 2008/09/08 16:29:33
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Exactly
  • Ken "Don't tread on me!" 2008/09/08 05:51:04
    Ken "Don't tread on me!"
    +2
    As Sarah Palin, one time mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, who was reelected to a second term by a voted of 77% to 17% for the second place candidate. being a mayor of a small town is a lot like being a community organizer, except that the mayor has actual responsibilities! I would add to Governor Palin's definition the fact that most small town mayors don't don't use the Soviet technique of Agitprop in performing their duties, while comminity organizers trained by Saul "The Red" Alinsky find the tool to be invaluable!

performing duties comminity organizers trained saul red alinsky tool invaluable
  • Bill - ... Ken "Do... 2008/09/08 16:29:09
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Good info , as always Ken
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/09/08 04:35:41
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +5
    How many Community Organizers have gone on to become Governors?
  • Bill - ... Dave Sa... 2008/09/08 16:28:34
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +1
    Good, good point Dave

2014/08/02 00:25:28