13 year old girl has a baby at school. What is this world coming to?

Abby 2008/09/18 00:40:23
Now this is just insane!! Im 14, and I barely even think about boys! She's already had sex! What is going on here??? She went to the nurses office and supposedly just went to the bathroom and had the baby without anyone knowing. She left and threw it in the garbage. The principal found it and called the paramedics. The baby is 100% fine. But the girl... I don't even know about that. All I know is she is in a lot of trouble.

• lauren 2009/04/28 22:43:18
  • Kayla may:) 2009/04/28 01:32:06
    I think...
    Kayla may:)
    +1
    that god gave you a reson to be a virgin and keep it that way.
  • nottiswim 2009/04/21 20:47:55
    I think...
    nottiswim
    +1
    SHE THREW IT IN THE TRASH!!!.....its crazy she had sex in the first place
  • harmony 2009/01/15 18:32:05
    I think...
    harmony
    she do not want to get in trouble at all that y she did than
  • PiCTUrE To BUrN♥ 2008/10/15 21:41:18
    I think...
    PiCTUrE To BUrN♥
    damn...
    i feel sorry for that poor baby!
  • Thea Cullen <3 2008/10/12 19:55:36
    I think...
    Thea Cullen <3
    i think that horible!!! Poor baby!
  • A7Xforever (Yo momma King!) 2008/10/01 04:18:25
    I think...
    A7Xforever (Yo momma King!)
    +1
    It's insane...
  • realistic one 2008/09/30 00:09:33
    I think...
    realistic one
    Peer pressure, laxness in education, people expecting instant gratification.
    I wrote a big summary of as many examples as I could, and there are thousands yet to think of, about all the ways kids are out of control now and have virtually little respect for their parents in many cases, businesses, teachers, or the law.
  • The Great Simonski 2008/09/29 20:19:35
    I think...
    The Great Simonski
    It's getting more attention as a problem, but historically teenage pregnancy was basically the norm.

ITT the only way to end this current 'crisis' is to deliver sex-ed in schools, here in the UK we have the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe (IIRC ofc.), due to (and I speak purely from experience) the absence of proper sex-ed in school.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/02 22:37:03
    imlds
    We DO teach sex ed in school and this is the results. Since we started teaching sex ed in school (1970's) teen pregnancy has sky rocketed. When you teach the mechanics with out any context, this is what you get. Just teaching the mechanics is stupid and we reap what we sow.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/03 12:00:50
    The Great Simonski
    We DO teach sex ed in school and this is the results.
    > I was under the impression that abstinence programs were used in the place of proper sex-ed. To clarify, I would define sex-ed as an explanation of the 'how' and 'why', along with discussion of contraception. I would not include abstinence as a form of sex-ed, 'cos most kids are probably smart enough to realize that abstinence works by itself, and sane enough to realize that it's no fun. The last thing you want is to be in a situation where you need to use a condom/whatever, and realize that you don't know how.

Since we started teaching sex ed in school (1970's) teen pregnancy has sky rocketed.
    > People know how to have sex instinctively, if people were properly taught how to use contraception and what its benefits are I wouldn't mind betting that our countries (America and the UK have this same problem) wouldn't be in their current situations.

When you teach the mechanics with out any context, this is what you get.
    > What context do you need? Teaching kids that they should only have sex inside of marriage has demonstrably failed. They need to be prepared to have sex whenever they're ready.

Just teaching the mechanics is stupid and we reap what we sow.
    > I agree. Teaching "insert enjoy" (the mechanics) on their own are useless, but I doubt that's what any school's sex-ed class involves.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/08 22:45:17
    imlds
    Obviously you don't have children in school. As the mother of 7 I can tell you that abstinance is NOT being taught. The mechanics pure and simple. That's all they teach. Just because people instinctively know how to have sex doesn't mean that with proper education they can't wait. That's what seperates us from the animals. We have to teach our children that sacraficing the short term for the long term is the right way, not the other way around. Lots of things come to us instintively but we don't go around doing everything that comes to us instintively. We control ourselves. That's what makes us a civilized country. And teaching children to have sex only within the confines of marrige worked just fine for thousands of years. It went downhill once we started giving them all kinds of mixed messages i.e. teaching sex ed without any context. The 60's blew thousands of years of sucessful teaching that sex belongs within the bounds of marriage to pieces.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/09 21:09:06
    The Great Simonski
    Obviously you don't have children in school.
    > I don't have kids at all, wouldn't want the blighters.

As the mother of 7 I can tell you that abstinance is NOT being taught. The mechanics pure and simple. That's all they teach.
    > Then they need to teach proper contraception, since in places that do teach abstinence it demonstrably doesn't work.

Just because people instinctively know how to have sex doesn't mean that with proper education they can't wait. That's what seperates us from the animals. We have to teach our children that sacraficing the short term for the long term is the right way, not the other way around.
    > Unfortunately, most kids given abstinence education end up getting into trouble anyway. I would point you toward: http://www.advocatesforyouth.... , In particular the "The Lessons Learned: A Model to Improve Adolescent Sexual Health in the United States" section.

Lots of things come to us instintively but we don't go around doing everything that comes to us instintively. We control ourselves. That's what makes us a civilized country.
    > I'd contend that we're a civilized species, though I'd also argue that you're wrong to a degree, since Europe and the US are comparably civilized, yet the rate of teen pregnancy in the states is much higher than over here, and there seems to be one immedi...

>'""'""'

'
    >'''

> I'd contend that we're a civilized species, though I'd also argue that you're wrong to a degree, since Europe and the US are comparably civilized, yet the rate of teen pregnancy in the states is much higher than over here, and there seems to be one immediately apparent reason. The US is much more religious than Europe, and religious groups have the influence to force ineffective abstinence programs into the place occupied by the open discussion of sex and contraception that occurs in most European countries.

And teaching children to have sex only within the confines of marrige worked just fine for thousands of years.
    > If we're talking in terms of "thousands of years", then I'd contend that "thousands of years ago" teen pregnancy was the norm. Besides, we're not living thousands of years ago, and the fact is that modern teenagers do have sex, and I feel strongly that they should have easy access to contraception and the related education so that when they do have sex, they do it as safely as possible.

It went downhill once we started giving them all kinds of mixed messages i.e. teaching sex ed without any context. The 60's blew thousands of years of sucessful teaching that sex belongs within the bounds of marriage to pieces.
    > The '60's did, but complaining about it won't fix it and neither will trying to reinforce failing abstinence programs.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/09 22:12:21
    imlds
    Wow. I'm glad you don't have kids. My 7 children have been taught abstinance at home and (thankfully) we have not had ONE out of wed lock pregnancy. Our children have been taught that there are consequences to your actions. That one of the reasons we are on this earth to learn how to control our actions. That we are not animals that have to give in to every impulse we have. That chosing the right is almost always the hard way but it is soooo worth it. And this teaching has paid off in spite of the mixed messages they have received from people like you who think that we should just do whatever feels good. That's the easy way but in the long run it comes back to bite you in the butt.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/10 11:45:25
    The Great Simonski
    The sad fact is though that educating abstinence is less effective than teaching contraception on a national level. You can't argue with statistics.

I could of course pull out a similar anecdote. I have at least ten friends, we were all taught contraception, none of us are parents.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/10 23:43:03
    imlds
    What statistics???? There are none because we don't teach abstinance. But when we did (50s, 40,s, 30s, etc.) there was a much lower instance of teen pregnancy. Can't argue with THOSE statistics. But it's easier to cling to what you believe and want to believe then to actually look at the facts.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/11 09:39:47 (edited)
    The Great Simonski
    http://www.guttmacher.org/pub... .

I don't think you understand that we don't live in the 40's any more; what worked then probably won't work now.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/13 21:52:49
    imlds
    lol. Again, no statistics. No facts. If we didn't give our kids all kinds of mixed messages we wouldn't be in such a mess. Kids need clear cut guidelines. They need to know where the boundries are. People said the same things in the 30's, 40's and 50's. But it's the 40's. Kid's said the same thing in the 40's. You don't understand. Things are different now. And the 30's and the 50's. If we don't give our kids a clear, straight forward message we are going to continue to see this mess. We teach our kids our values and pray for the best. But they hear stuff in school and on T.V. and read stuff in books and magazines that all contradict what we as parents are telling them. Of course some of them (like Palin's daughter) don't listen to what we say. But some of them do. Luckly. And I will continue to fight for what is good and right. And if you don't like that, too bad.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/14 06:54:23
    The Great Simonski
    Again, no statistics
    > The link is full of statistics with citations.

If bad.
    > "Again, no statistics".
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/14 21:17:37
    imlds
    Oh yea. Like that is a real unbiased site! PLEASE! What a joke. If you want to state FACTS find an unbiased site. This site is so far left it's not even funny!!!!!
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/14 21:33:50 (edited)
    The Great Simonski
    It provides citations for its statistics; numbers don't lie.

Also:
    Oh yeah. I'm sure you have a really unbiased opinion! Puh-lease! What a joke. If you want to state facts find any statistics at all.You are so far right it's rather amusing.

I've provided statistics; where's your opinion coming from?
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/14 21:54:34 (edited)
    imlds
    When I have a question about something I find an unbiased site to find my facts. When someone claimed that John McCain tried to stop the train wreck (mortgage) 3 years ago, I went to the actual Senate transcripts and read them. When someone claimed Obama was tied to ACORN I went to factcheck.org. I don't listen to radio pundents (right or left) for my information and I don't listen to Fox OR msnbc. Neither are unbiased. If you want me to listen, find a site that isn't far left. Number can be munipulated to prove all kinds of things. I have 7 children, I go by what I see in their schools, what I teach my children and how they react. I go by the REAL world. Oh, and as a PTA president and School site council member as well as on the soccer board, I see a lot more of these kids then you do. I actually talk with them. Do you?????
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/14 22:51:26
    The Great Simonski
    Statistics for whole nations are more convincing than personal anecdotes related to, say 100 people.

The fact is that teen pregnancy is much higher in America than it is in most of Europe. It is also a fact that sex-ed is more comprehensive in Europe. The conclusion is obvious.
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/14 22:59:46 (edited)
    imlds
    The conclusion is NOT obvious just slanted. Like I said, I look for facts from unbiased sources and so far, you have not given me ONE. But you just keep thinking that and watch this country continue to go downhill as it has since sex ed started being taught in the schools. People like you pushed for sex ed and now that it's not working you want to blame everyone else! Misdirection. lol
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/14 23:22:05
    The Great Simonski
    Could you suggest an unbiased source that suggests that teen pregnancy is lower in the US and that this is in any way due to sex-ed being abysmal over there?

The conclusion is NOT obvious just slanted. Like I said, I look for facts from unbiased sources and so far, you have not given me ONE.
    > Could you suggest an unbiased source that suggests that teen pregnancy is lower in the US and that this is in any way due to sex-ed being abysmal over there?
    > There's no such thing as an objective source; the best anyone can ask for is one that provides sources for its information.

But you just keep thinking that and watch this country continue to go downhill as it has since sex ed started being taught in the schools.
    > What leads you to believe that not teaching kids about how to use condoms or get the pill will lead to fewer pregnancies? And what statistics do you have that suggest abstinence education serves to reduce the chance of kids having sex?

People like you pushed for sex ed and now that it's not working you want to blame everyone else!
    > Since I'm an 18y/o Britfag I doubt I was one of the "people who pushed for sex ed", since it's been taught and discussed in Europe well before I was born.

So far I've provided a source that provides citations for its statistics. You've provided an anecdote.

Mi...
    >"'"""'

Misdirection. lol
    > Telling kids "When you have sex you should use a condom, here's how..." and "Girls, you can get the oral contraceptive pill from your pharmacist confidentially" doesn't count as misdirection, surely?
  • imlds The Gre... 2008/10/14 23:36:20
    imlds
    I didn't say YOU, I said people LIKE you. And the statistic are clear that since sex ed started being taught in schools the teen pregnancy rate has sky rocketed and NO ONE denys that! PLEASE. They just deny that teaching sex ed is the reason. They misdirect to all kinds of other reasons.
  • The Gre... imlds 2008/10/15 10:34:45
    The Great Simonski
    I didn't say YOU, I said people LIKE you. And the statistic are clear that since sex ed started being taught in schools the teen pregnancy rate has sky rocketed
    > Which statistics, and where did you find them? And it looks like your assertion is wrong, since European countries with proactive sex-ed have lower rates of teen pregnancy.

and NO ONE denys that! PLEASE. They just deny that teaching sex ed is the reason. They misdirect to all kinds of other reasons.
    > Because it's impossible to argue that teaching people to have sex safely would cause pregnancies, while telling (not teaching, since there's nothing to learn in abstinence) people not to have sex would prevent them.

Also, stats plox.
  • desidaratus 2008/09/29 19:06:07 (edited)
    I think...
    desidaratus
    i think its very sad, i tell young girls today to focus on themselves, their future & to be ambitious and not be so obsessed with having a boyfriend, i was a teen mom and today i wouldn't change having my son for all the comments on this site, but that was many yrs ago, today, with HIV and & all the scary things out there, i would say that a baby should be the last thing on the agenda, PROTECTION, if you choose not to ABSTAIN is vital. i hope the young girl in question gets good counselling.
  • Dark Cuervo 2008/09/29 18:57:26
    I think...
    Dark Cuervo
    That's nothing. I know a girl who had a baby at 10 years old. No bullshit!!
  • desidar... Dark Cu... 2008/09/29 19:12:34
    desidaratus
    scary stuff!!!she was most probably the victim of some paedophile, poor thing.....
  • farscape 2008/09/29 17:03:27
    I think...
    farscape
    she is scared...that's why she did what she did....parents more likely didn't even know.
    I feel sorry for her.....nobody given this girl no attention at home..some dude did and gave it to to her!.........just hope it wasn't a relative......that could be the reason too.
  • Faith _N_Jesus carries me 2008/09/29 14:22:33
  • Leopluradon [Not-So... 2008/09/29 11:44:43
    I think...
    Leopluradon         [Not-So-Sweet16♥]
    +1
    Serves her bloody right!
  • ♥Isis♥ 2008/09/29 04:06:16
    I think...
    ♥Isis♥
    +1
    STOP HAVING SEX! TEENAGERS!!! Guys don't realize they knock up a girl as a teenagers..guess what you have to pay Child Support,,,Think twice before you have sex!!
  • Shane - oldschoolelf 2008/09/29 03:53:06
    I think...
    Shane - oldschoolelf
    +1
    I'd have to take her to the E.R. and tell the doctors to surgically remove my foot from her ass
  • Chloe 2008/09/29 03:11:53
    I think...
    Chloe
    this story is bullshit.
    having sex at 13, yeah, well, that's fucked up.
    but having the baby at school? really?
  • !m My 0wn p3rs0n.... 2008/09/29 02:57:53 (edited)
    I think...
    !m My 0wn p3rs0n....
    it's her own stupidity for having sex!!!! 13 year old shouldnt have sex. I am 16 and I dont even think about boys or sex, for that matter. Well i do think about boys. How could anybody not notice that she was preggo? I f I could met this 13 year old, I would walk up to her smack her upside the head and say " WHY?". Where were her parents? there is so mant ?'s I could ask it would just take me a while to figuire out what they were!!!!!
  • Dark Cu... !m My 0... 2008/09/29 18:59:07
    Dark Cuervo
    Seriously? You don't think about sex?
  • !m My 0... Dark Cu... 2008/09/29 19:10:47
    !m My 0wn p3rs0n....
    Seriously, NO!!! I dont see why I would want to, its just plain gross, but thats probably cuz Ive never had it!! I am waiting til I find that some one
  • donna summers 2008/09/29 02:23:44 (edited)

2014/04/17 12:52:41