1 TIMOTHY 6:1-10//////////LOVE OF MONEY!/////////////

8mariedawn6 2011/01/14 14:21:02
Related Topics: Money, Clothing, Desire

SLIDESHOW: 1 TIMOTHY 6:1-10

1 of 4

1. LOVE THE LORD!

LOVE THE LORD!

2. GOD IS LEADER!

GOD IS LEADER!

1 TIMOTHY 6:1-10 LOVE OF MONEY!

1.All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching my not be slandered.

2.Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are a brothers. instead they, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them.

<span> love of money!</span>

3.If any one teaches false doctrines and dose not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to Godly teachings,

4.he is conceited and understands nouthing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

5.and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godlines is a means of financial gain.

6.But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7.For we brought nouthing into the world, and we can take nouthing out of it.

8.But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

9. People who want to get rich fall in to temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.

10.For the love of money is a root of all kind of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

<span> </span>

• Captain Sticky 2011/01/14 15:35:42
    Captain Sticky
    +1

Right. Perhaps in another parallel and evil universe. Not a good choice this time.....
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/14 18:47:26
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    No actually it is perfect for know this is the way of the Lord.Just because we do not agree with are leaders and what they are doing dose not give us the right to talk trash about them personally.and when we do all it dose is make are Nation look weak and are enemies and other countries think we can not even have respect for are own leaders so how can we respect any other countries leaders.NO we need more respect in this country.
  • Captain... 8maried... 2011/01/14 19:06:51
    Captain Sticky
    I think we have 2 different issues here. The scripture quoted seems to be more general advice than something specific and I have a problem with the "master" thing as it's purely political. That's the way things worked way back when and that's how religion was perverted into politics. All that class separatism and obeying.
    As for respect in this country, it's given to the position held but necessarily to the individual holding the position. And that's a good thing; being in government doesn't automatically make one a good person or good at their job. We haven't had a president worthy of respect since Reagan, and JFK before that. God has nothing to do with politics.
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/15 04:46:45
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    I did not say he is a good presadent I said since he is president of ar4e country we should respect him!
  • Captain... 8maried... 2011/01/15 14:23:30
    Captain Sticky
    But there's a big difference between respecting the office and the person. Voting him out would show respect for the office. Keeping him in might show personal respect. The Biblical quote gives special privileges to those holding an office, like a king. That might have been fine in it's day, but we don't do that any more.
    Strict "obedience" to any old rule or custom that no longer applies makes no sense. Things change. Facts change as some facts lose their papers; the Earth and Jerusalem are not the center of the Universe any more. The Earth is not flat any more. And no one on this planet is better than you and deserving of special consideration. No one.
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/15 18:34:04
    8mariedawn6
    I guess Jerusalem is not the center of the world no more however it was also the promise land how ever that was for the Jews not us.I am sorry also The Lord dose not change,Their for the Bible dose not change all still applies today.However the ones who do not follow the word also are the Lord's sheep.Others will face judgment.The reason the same as back then some do not follow it and they turn their back on God .No nouthing changed that is man. applies lords sheep judgment reason turn god nouthing changed
  • Captain... 8maried... 2011/01/15 18:38:35
    Captain Sticky
    +1
    ?? Then what about "1.All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching my not be slandered. "?
    How is that to be "obeyed" today?
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/15 21:54:19
    8mariedawn6
    Very simple have you ever known some one that worked there self to death and got paid and treated bad .Well this is slavery.How about the poor right know with the economy the way it is and the little bit of money they make is sucked out of them by bill collectors.they are slaving to get bye.There are diffrent ways.But just because some one treats you bad dose not mean that it is right to do it back.Look at Jesus he was a slave to are sins .
  • Captain... 8maried... 2011/01/15 22:41:21
    Captain Sticky
    "Well this is slavery."

No, it's not.
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/16 06:38:59
    8mariedawn6
    +1
    Yes it is!I am not going to fight with you .This is my answer.Belive it or not it is your choice!
  • Captain... 8maried... 2011/01/16 13:26:28
    Captain Sticky
    +1
    Well, we're at an impasse then. I just feel it's not possible to adapt a practice long abandoned (for the most part) into modern thinking; like dividing the spoils of war. That's in the Bible too, and it's not done any more.

http://theultimatetruth.yolas...
  • 8maried... Captain... 2011/01/16 15:18:59
    8mariedawn6
    Yes it is not done by many how ever it is done by Jesus sheep.I my self follow the laws.God never changed the world did. weather you belive are not Jesus knows you and I feel sorry for any one who is not of the Lords sheep on judgment day because they will be judged.
  • ScrooBius pip 2011/01/14 15:13:28
    ScrooBius pip
    is there a question in here anywhere?
  • mrdog 2011/01/14 14:42:41
    mrdog
    +1
    John 3;16 notice.... Root of all evil.....
  • ScrooBi... mrdog 2011/01/14 15:11:34
  • mrdog ScrooBi... 2011/01/14 15:15:25
    mrdog
    +1
    yes yes

2014/11/28 23:02:23