Yes Americans we are Number one in the world

aneed2know 2012/07/01 08:37:33
Yes we are Number one, and why
No we are not number one and why
You know lately i have been thinking about American exceptionalism and wondering what exactly are we exceptional at, and where can we stand top change a few things. Now for the conservatives will attack me for not loving America enough and will say "don't like it then leave", i say to you. Kiss my behind and as a United Sates citizens dissent is my right and duty. So with that said, i wonder if many people know what the word exceptionalism really means? So i went to the only place that can actually define the word so that there can be know doubt as to what it means: ex·cep·tion·al·ism (people wordnbspnbspexceptionalism nbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbspk-swordnbspnbspexceptionalism nbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-spwordnbspnbspexceptionalism nbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-sshnbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-s sh-nnbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-s sh-lnbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-s shznbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-s shnbspreally onlynbspplacenbspthatnbspcan define doubt meansnbsp exceptionalism nbsp nbsp k-s shm)
n.1. The condition of being exceptional or unique.
2. The theory or belief that something, especially a nation, does not conform to a pattern or norm

So here we have it, now we are all on equal footing, now to see what exactly are we number one at, here is just a short list of what i came up with.

#1 America has the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population in the entire world by a good margin.

#2 There are more car thefts in the United States than anywhere else in the world by far.

#3 Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese. Mexico is #2.

#4 The average American drinks more than 600 sodas a year - the most in the world.

#5 U.S. corporations sell more fast food and more soda than anyone else in the world by a wide margin.

#6 Nobody watches more television per week (28 hours) than Americans do. Although to be honest, people living in the UK are tied with us.

#7 The United States leads the world in credit card fraud.

#8 The United States has the highest percentage of one person households on the entire planet.

#9 The United States has the highest divorce rate in the world by a good margin.

#10 The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the world by far.

#11 There are more school shootings in America than anywhere else in the world.

#12 The United States has the highest child abuse death rate in the world.

#13 There are more "deaths by reptile" in America than anywhere else in the world.

#14 The United States has the most lawyers per capita in the entire world.

#15 The United States produces more pornography than any other nation in the world.

#16 Americans take more prescription drugs than anyone else in the world.

#17 More is spent on prescription drug advertising in America than anywhere else in the world.

#18 The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.

#19 More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in America than anywhere else on earth.

#20 The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire globe.

#21 There is more credit card debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#22 There is more mortgage debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#23 There is more student loan debt in America than anywhere else in the world.

#24 The United States spends more money on government schools than any other nation on earth does.

#25 U.S. citizens spend more time in school than anyone else in the world. So why are so many of us dumb as a rock?

#26 Nobody in the world gets more plastic surgery done than Americans do.

#27 The United States leads the world in eating disorder deaths.

#28 According to nationmaster.com, the United States has the most total reported crimes in the world by far.

#29 Nobody has more airport security thugs groping women and children than America does.

#30 The United States spends much more on health care as a percentage of GDP than any other nation on the face of the earth.

#31 The United States has the most complicated tax system on the entire planet.

#32 The United States has the most laws on the entire planet.

#33 The United States spends more on the military than the next 12 nations combined, and yet the Obama administration is considering plans to unilaterally slash the size of the U.S. nuclear arsenal by up to 80 percent.

#34 The United States has the most foreign military bases in the world by far.

#35 The United States exports more arms to other countries than anyone else in the world.

#36 Americans spend more time sitting in traffic than anyone else in the world.

#37 Americans spend more money on elections than anyone else does in the world by a very wide margin.

#38 Every single year, the United States has the largest trade deficit in the world by far.

#39 The U.S. government wastes more money than any other government on earth does.

#40 The United States has accumulated the biggest mountain of government debt in the history of the world.

So after reading the list can we still say we are number one or more exceptional than other countries?

Now there are more, but i wanted to use something that all economist and political scientist and historians would agree on, that we use to judge a Nations economic factors on, wealth on and social issues on.

If you decide to answer on this question please, no disrespect or insults thrown out, yes i know i am a bomb thrower also, but if you refrain i will refrain and give comments, not just answers.

Read More: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exceptionalism

• Q 2012/07/01 17:33:27
    Yes we are Number one, and why
    Q
    +11
    Yes we are indeed the most arrogant nation in the world despite being the wealthiest nation and the fact that we pay the most for our healthcare yet our global ranking of standards of care comes in at #32 , that and we are way behind concerning our children's academic achievments in math, science, etc etc etc. Hell I doubt that many of our current High school students can even spell American Exceptionalism without spell check.

Don't get me wrong I love this country and we are still the envy of the world in many many ways. But with the all cons constantly going on about American Exceptionalism we are perceived by millions of people all over the world as arrogant pricks. american Exceptionalism  political cartoons cons constantly american exceptionalism perceived millions people world arrogant pricks

• Skeptikat 2012/07/01 09:48:28
  • aneed2know Skeptikat 2012/07/01 09:58:03
    aneed2know
    +2
    come on now i did ask for civility, thanks for your response. I don't want everyone thinking like me, because sometimes i may be wrong, but it is their duty to point out where i am wrong with facts, not opinions but facts. You know like 2+2=4 because that is a fact. Not that there will be death panels or crap like that?
  • Skeptikat aneed2know 2012/07/01 10:08:02
  • aneed2know Skeptikat 2012/07/01 10:20:24
    aneed2know
    +2
    no i was saying about you wanting them to all die or go away. we have some serious issues coming up and if we continue to yell and insult one another they will never get solved.
  • Skeptikat aneed2know 2012/07/01 10:32:53
  • betz Skeptikat 2012/07/01 10:59:20
    betz
    +1
    I would not do that Skeptikat. Political beliefs cannot be brought into everything. This is a great question.
  • aneed2know Skeptikat 2012/07/01 11:27:11
    aneed2know
    +1
    no hate it, they dont deserve respect if they cannot give it, have at it.
  • betz aneed2know 2012/07/01 10:58:38
    betz
    +1
    You are a gentleman and I appreciate that aneed2know. I know we have locked horns in the past but you are impressing me.
  • aneed2know betz 2012/07/01 11:31:19
    aneed2know
    +1
    not any more, you called me a liar, so either prove that i am lying or go too Hell.
  • betz aneed2know 2012/07/01 11:36:25
    betz
    +2
    I don't know what you are talking about. I believe what you posted is true. Why am I confused?
  • aneed2know betz 2012/07/01 11:37:56
    aneed2know
    +2
    then i misread and i do apologize
  • betz aneed2know 2012/07/01 11:42:02
    betz
    +1
    Take the time to read it again aneed2know. I hope it's clear that I agreed with you.
  • aneed2know Skeptikat 2012/07/01 11:26:06
    aneed2know
    +2
    you know i am sorry for going after you, you know what these conservative fools dont deserve respect, i try to be nice and post things that are factual one person tells me i am lying and then the other posts no factual or truth stretching information, So have at it
  • Skeptikat aneed2know 2012/07/01 12:27:46
  • betz Skeptikat 2012/07/01 10:57:51
    betz
    +1
    Ouch!!! did you not read the request for civility
  • Mikel_mad2002 2012/07/01 08:53:47
    No we are not number one and why
    Mikel_mad2002
    +6
    We have a lot of things wrong with the country, but we have the means to change them if we ignore the "Don't like it leave" brigade who throw that up because they want to pretend those problems don't exist.
    On a personal note, if you see my profile, yes I do live in the UK but I'm American born and bred. I also gave four years of my life serving the country.
  • aneed2know Mikel_m... 2012/07/01 09:05:14 (edited)
    aneed2know
    +4
    nothing wrong with where you live, my aunt is married to a Britt and she left, the country after the Kent State massacre, and has only been back 5 times.
  • Marianne aneed2know 2012/07/01 10:17:00
    Marianne
    +3
    You can be happy about who you are and where you are staying. I am really sorry for your aunt to have probably witnessed the atrocious drama of the Kent State massacre. I can understand her decision with regard to her situation. In many countries, people are forced to leave for political and economic reasons. We can love and support our country also from abroad and also appreciate our adoptive country. I think that patriotism must be objective and responsible. Fanatism is blind and destructive. We are living on a wonderful planet, which is endangered by us humans, and we must remember that we are not alone. Every country has its natural and cultural treasures and beauties which deserve protection. With the present climatical, ecological, social, political and economical challenges, we must find a way to cooperate and cohabitate together. Geographically, America consists of two subcontinents, North and South America. And both group a series of diversest countries, languages and ethnic groups, including the few remaining aborigines. There is so much to say ...
  • Mikel_m... aneed2know 2012/07/01 13:16:19
    Mikel_mad2002
    +2
    Thank you aneed, it's just that when I have commented on things to do with the USA, I get someone in my face for chiming in from the UK and saying that I shouldn't because I don't live or vote there. I do the latter though.
  • Sissy Mikel_m... 2012/07/01 12:21:58
    Sissy
    +4
    Very good point Mikel. Its so easy to say, "don't like it, leave". It does not make for a good and sound discussion and/or debate when such nonsensical comments are made.
  • Mikel_m... Sissy 2012/07/01 13:17:24
    Mikel_mad2002
    +2
    Thank you Sissy
  • Sissy Mikel_m... 2012/07/01 13:23:57
    Sissy
    +2
    Good job Mikel, and
    My Pleasure
  • Marianne 2012/07/01 08:49:27
    Marianne
    +3
    For me, all my friends - regardless of their nationality or origin - are Number One.
  • aneed2know Marianne 2012/07/01 09:05:33
    aneed2know
    +2
    okay but can you address some of the issues i gave?

2014/04/18 23:21:12