Would You Ever Use a Baby as a Mop?

AdriHead 2012/11/02 20:00:00
Related Topics: Baby, Baby Mop, Weird News
The way we look at it, the baby is already crawling all over the floor anyway... he might as well mop up some spills while he's at it! The Baby Mop, which will cost you a cool $40, can be ordered at BetterThanPants.com -- and apparently, about 100 mop-themed onesies have already been sold. Talk about a hit! But, be honest now: Would you ever use your baby as a cleaning device?

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK reports:
The $40 (£25) Baby Mop is the brainchild of U.S. website BetterThanPants.com and was inspired by a spoof Japanese advert of a similar invention.
baby mop brainchild website betterthanpants inspired spoof japanese advert invention

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2226731/...

• Alexander T Steward 2012/12/11 21:57:15
  • Sweet-N-Sour 2012/11/08 18:31:51
    Yes, this is so productive!
    Sweet-N-Sour
    Actually, the question as worded makes you look like an ass if you answer "yes", but I am taking a chance and explaining myself. No, I would never "use" my baby as a mop (or in this case a floor duster) but anyone who has had kids and wood or tile floors knows how dirty baby jammies get when they crawl around. This makes it at least productive and a little funny and looks like good padding for baby's knees! I probably wouldn't buy one but no harm, no foul.
  • Transquesta 2012/11/08 05:20:44
    No, this is just plain weird!
    Transquesta
    +1
    Hmmm. Kinda like a flesh Roomba.
  • wilsonmja 2012/11/08 05:12:50
  • Aran Smeallie 2012/11/07 16:26:45
    No, this is just plain weird!
    Aran Smeallie
    +1
    although it is pretty hilarious XD
  • Nat Turner 2012/11/07 14:55:00
    No, this is just plain weird!
    Nat Turner
    Don't you think we have enough child abuse?
  • S123 Nat Turner 2012/11/07 20:29:38
    S123
    I don't think it would be child abuse to let a baby crawl around wearing that thing. It would be a problem if the floor was too dirty, though.
  • Nat Turner S123 2012/11/07 21:12:45
    Nat Turner
    What if the house is real nasty & what if the baby put's something in it's mouth that he get's off the floor?
  • S123 Nat Turner 2012/11/07 21:51:36
    S123
    I still don't think that would be abuse (although, I think letting the house get that dirty would qualify as neglect). I do think it would be a bad idea to let a baby crawl around if the floor is too dirty.
  • Nat Turner S123 2012/11/07 22:02:29
    Nat Turner
    What if later down the line, the baby finds out what you did?
  • S123 Nat Turner 2012/11/07 22:09:48
    S123
    I still don't think it's abuse and I think it would be ok it the floor wasn't too dirty.
  • Nat Turner S123 2012/11/07 22:39:04
    Nat Turner
    My impresson was the floor being real nasty. Unfit for anyone!
  • S123 Nat Turner 2012/11/08 05:58:22
    S123
    Your impression of what?
  • Nat Turner S123 2012/11/08 13:17:51
    Nat Turner
    What thought,was the floor being nasty.
  • S123 Nat Turner 2012/11/08 16:40:35
    S123
    I think it just depends on how often the peson cleans the floor. I think they are just selling it as a novelty item to get publicity fot thier t-shirts, anyway.
  • Nat Turner S123 2012/11/08 18:45:45
    Nat Turner
    OH!
  • Sweet-N... Nat Turner 2012/11/08 18:39:28
    Sweet-N-Sour
    Sooooo.....if you let your baby crawl around on the floor in regular pajamas that end up getting dirty on the knees and arms, which we have all done, is that child abuse? If it is, then the whole world will be going to jail. Quit crying.
  • Nat Turner Sweet-N... 2012/11/08 18:48:49 (edited)
    Nat Turner
    Excuse me! I didin't say crawling was child abuse. The post said would you use your baby as a mop!
  • Sweet-N... Nat Turner 2012/11/08 19:06:33
    Sweet-N-Sour
    Well if you thought logically, you would realize that "use" was not really the right choice of words and that these baby pajamas are just a silly thing like the slippers they make with the same material on the bottom. You said that letting your baby crawl around on the floor in this outfit was child abuse, but what about crawling on the floor in any other outfit? Still child abuse? They still pick up dust and whatnot on their clothes anyway. At least this has padding for sensitive baby knees. Actually, no to the excuse.
  • Nat Turner Sweet-N... 2012/11/08 19:15:20
    Nat Turner
    Keep your funky legs closed, and you won't have a baby to crawl on your floor! HOW ABOUT THAT?
  • Pacinorock 2012/11/07 04:14:50
    No, this is just plain weird!
    Pacinorock
    +1
    It is wrong.
  • Okie Lady 2012/11/06 21:49:51
    Yes, this is so productive!
    Okie Lady
    +1
    I don't know that it's really productive, but it's cute and would be something the child would think was funny when they were older or grown. So why not? And it makes a cute picture!
  • JimTheGeek 2012/11/06 20:52:26
    Yes, this is so productive!
    JimTheGeek
    This is great! They can start earning their way even earlier. Everyone know they're going to have to come up with $50,000 some how to pay for the republicon tax cuts.
  • TKhaldi 2012/11/06 20:34:36
    No, this is just plain weird!
    TKhaldi
    What? Why!
  • Raymond59 2012/11/06 18:21:24
    No, this is just plain weird!
    Raymond59
    A Baby is NOT a Household Utility! Whoever came up with this Idea should be "Tarred & Feathered" & then dropped off a Bridge!
  • S123 Raymond59 2012/11/07 20:27:22
    S123
    I don't think it would be a problem to let the baby crawl around wearing it if the floor isn't too dirty.
  • Raymond59 S123 2012/11/08 00:20:25
    Raymond59
    Well, if you want to use your Baby as a mop, what does that say about You as a Mother? Just Asking!
  • S123 Raymond59 2012/11/08 06:38:00
    S123
    +1
    I think it would be ok for someone to use it if the floor wasn't too dirty. I don't think it's really "using" the baby as a mop. They wouldn't be doing anything to the baby. Anyway, I think it's just being sold as a novelty item anyway to get people to buy the t-shirts they sell.
  • Raymond59 S123 2012/11/08 18:32:03
    Raymond59
    "a novelty item?" You have a strange way of looking at things. A "Betty Boop" key chain is "a novelty item," not making your Baby "a mop."
  • S123 Raymond59 2012/11/08 19:07:19
    S123
    I don't think the expect most people to buy it, it's supposed to be funny and get people to go on the site and buy their t-shirts. I don't really think it's funny, but I don't think most of the shirts are funny either, so I'm not their target audience (which, I would guess, is mostly young men and teen boys).
  • Raymond59 S123 2012/11/09 00:23:15 (edited)
    Raymond59
    Let's keep "on topic" & not drift away from the Topic of discussion, which you're obviously doing here. Let me explain to you in the most simplest terms why I don't think that this item is NOT a particularly good "Novelty Item." It'll be so simple that even "a Caveman/Cavewoman" can understand. (1) It's a potential "Fire Hazard." The mop strings (if they get too close to a hot heat source) could burst into flames. (2) The mop strings (if the come loose from the clothing) are a potential "choking hazard" for young children. (3) Such an item (such as this maybe be sold in the U.K.) would never be allowed to be made, marketed, or sold in the United States because of the above two (2) reasons. The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission would see to that. Now, if you're so inclined to buy one, then "be my guest." However, you'll be assuming all responsibility from then on out. It'll be "on your head," not mine! Now, as far as your complaint concerning what is on "people's T-Shirts." Here in the United States, "We The People" have what's called "Freedom of Speech." It's guaranteed under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. You're exercising it right now (even though you're in Canada). If you have any complaints concerning what's on people's T-Shirts: "Too Bad." I don't lik...&&&
    Let's keep "on topic" & not drift away from the Topic of discussion, which you're obviously doing here. Let me explain to you in the most simplest terms why I don't think that this item is NOT a particularly good "Novelty Item." It'll be so simple that even "a Caveman/Cavewoman" can understand. (1) It's a potential "Fire Hazard." The mop strings (if they get too close to a hot heat source) could burst into flames. (2) The mop strings (if the come loose from the clothing) are a potential "choking hazard" for young children. (3) Such an item (such as this maybe be sold in the U.K.) would never be allowed to be made, marketed, or sold in the United States because of the above two (2) reasons. The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission would see to that. Now, if you're so inclined to buy one, then "be my guest." However, you'll be assuming all responsibility from then on out. It'll be "on your head," not mine! Now, as far as your complaint concerning what is on "people's T-Shirts." Here in the United States, "We The People" have what's called "Freedom of Speech." It's guaranteed under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. You're exercising it right now (even though you're in Canada). If you have any complaints concerning what's on people's T-Shirts: "Too Bad." I don't like alot of things that I see on people's T-Shirts either, but I don't believe in censorship either. You start "censoring people's Free Speech," then you're no better than a Tyrant! "No one has the Right not to be offended." Otherwise my advice to you is contact the T-Shirt Company and/or Companies & file a complaint with them. I'm sure that they'll take your concerns under serious consideration & then file it away in "File 13" (aka "The Trash Can," "Trash Bin," "Waste Disposal," etc.). Also, If you're not in their "target audience," why even bother looking at them online. You must have too much time on your hands & not enough to keep yourself preoccupied on other matters, huh?
  • S123 Raymond59 2012/11/09 21:57:56
    S123
    I wouldn't buy it anyway and I wasn't complaining about the shirts. My point was that they were selling it to be funny and although I don't find it funny, I’m not their target audience and the people who are their target audience would probably find the idea of a baby mop amusing. I don't think they should stop selling the shirts. I looked at the site with the shirts because there is link in the description for the question and I wanted to see who was selling a baby mop.
  • Raymond59 S123 2012/11/10 05:43:37 (edited)
    Raymond59
    If you weren't complaining about the T-Shirts, why did you reference it then? "....people to go on the site and buy their t-shirts. I don't really think it's funny, but I don't think most of the shirts are funny either, so I'm not their target audience (which, I would guess, is mostly young men and teen boys)." (your quote) End of conversation.
  • S123 S123 2012/11/10 21:05:37 (edited)
    S123
    I'm posting this here because you blocked me, so I can't repy to your comment.
    My point was although I don’t think the baby mop was funny, that doesn’t mean it’s a bad gimmick because I don’t think most of the shirts were funny either and the people who like the shirts probably think the baby mop is funny too. It doesn’t matter if I think the baby mop is funny, what matters is if the target demographic thinks it’s funny and those are the people who would like the shirts (which, personally, I don’t like because I’m not part of the target demographic).
    Here is a my full quote about why it doesn’t matter that I don’t think the baby mop is funny: “I don't really think it's funny, but I don't think most of the shirts are funny either, so I'm not their target audience (which, I would guess, is mostly young men and teen boys).”
  • Sweet-N... Raymond59 2012/11/08 18:44:21
    Sweet-N-Sour
    OMG. Overreact much? Go take some Valium.
  • Raymond59 Sweet-N... 2012/11/08 18:55:03 (edited)
    Raymond59
    I don't take drugs! The Valium for You! BON APPETIT!
  • whowasphone 2012/11/06 17:49:19
    Yes, this is so productive!
    whowasphone
    +2
    i wouldn't necessarily do this with my child, but it's pretty funny.
  • Avi Rosen 2012/11/06 16:23:23
    Yes, this is so productive!
    Avi Rosen
    +1
    Seems funny
  • kate 2012/11/06 16:16:51
    No, this is just plain weird!
    kate
    NO...poor baby.it's another thing to just crawl on the froor than actually have all the dirt stick upon you!! baby's can catch a disease pretty easily and what kind of person leaves their baby to crawl on a dirty floor anyway..???
  • Okie Lady kate 2012/11/06 21:51:04
    Okie Lady
    +1
    Lighten up!

2014/07/28 19:06:15