Will they rebuild the twin towers? Nothing is official yet bu what do you think they should do?

nightm4825 In god we trust 2008/07/07 23:52:54
REBUILD iT!
TURN IT INTO A MEMORIAL
DON'T DO ANYTHING
THE TWIN TOWERS SHOULD IT BE REBUILT WHILE NOTHING IS OFFICIAL YET IT IS BEING CONSIDERED WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• mary 2008/07/08 00:25:03
    mary
    +9
    Rebuild and make it much bigger with beams coming out of them. I wish they could make them big enough to see from the middle east. undecided rebuild bigger beams middle east

• CedricDoodlehopper 2011/11/22 19:19:50
    REBUILD iT!
    CedricDoodlehopper
    +1
    They should rebuild them as they were. The new buildings are not as tall, not as big, not as good in any way. We are sending the message that terrorists can alter the city forever. I find it odd that people say that this is "living in the past". Are they saying they would have been torn down by now anyway? If this is the case, we should tear down the Empire State Building, the Willis (Sears) Tower, and all other "old" buildings. In fact, we should tear down buildings after one year, so they don't get outdated. People say "we are America, we're strong, and we don't need the Twin Towers. We move forward, we don't look backwards. We'll show the world we can live without them." I hear "We're America, we're stupid, we don't care, we're afraid, and we'll show the terrorists they can win." This is like saying that... words fail me, but you get the idea. I can't find the right words for this. I don't know why we would not rebuild them. We can build the 5 new buildings, but we should rebuild the old buildings as well, just as they were. If we build new buildings, we can at least make them better. With just one building, it must be taller and bigger, not smaller. The second building is even worse, and the slanted roof means only 88 floors (I don't know the top floor hei...

They should rebuild them as they were. The new buildings are not as tall, not as big, not as good in any way. We are sending the message that terrorists can alter the city forever. I find it odd that people say that this is "living in the past". Are they saying they would have been torn down by now anyway? If this is the case, we should tear down the Empire State Building, the Willis (Sears) Tower, and all other "old" buildings. In fact, we should tear down buildings after one year, so they don't get outdated. People say "we are America, we're strong, and we don't need the Twin Towers. We move forward, we don't look backwards. We'll show the world we can live without them." I hear "We're America, we're stupid, we don't care, we're afraid, and we'll show the terrorists they can win." This is like saying that... words fail me, but you get the idea. I can't find the right words for this. I don't know why we would not rebuild them. We can build the 5 new buildings, but we should rebuild the old buildings as well, just as they were. If we build new buildings, we can at least make them better. With just one building, it must be taller and bigger, not smaller. The second building is even worse, and the slanted roof means only 88 floors (I don't know the top floor height, they try to lie so we don't know and think it's taller). It take more than just putting in 3 extra skyscrapers (none are as tall) to cancel this out. We want the Twin Towers, not shorter, smaller, modern looking towers more concerned about safety (the Twin Towers were safe, but nothing could survive a plane hit, the answer would have been better security, not stronger buildings) and being "environmentally friendly" and more accessible (like not being able to get in without two valid forms of identification and a reason)
    I also find it odd that they remove the Twin Towers from movies, tv, and stop adding it to various other things (like that they have LEGO every skyscraper besides the Twin Towers), as well as not listing them on lists of tall buildings. They may not want to "offend" victim's families, but this actually gives terrorists the satisfaction they wanted all along. They wanted this to happen. They should leave them in, and put them into new movies and TV, and put them into things where they would otherwise be, and list them with tall buildings. Removing them because they were destroyed is like taking your grandparents out of family photos because they're dead. They should list them, and just say destroyed at the side. They used to not be in the list, but were mentioned on the side. Later, they would not even be mentioned. I have seen lists of tallest buildings that don't mention them. And even when they are rebuilt, the fact that the second tower is significantly shorter means that something could come in between the first and second tower, thus getting an undeserved place on the world height records. I never saw the Twin Towers, and at this rate, I never will. I was exactly 5.5 years old, but I remember 9/11/01, as well as my parents telling me about skyscrapers, including this one. Why should it be removed permanently? It shouldn't. I have no idea what people mean by "living in the past", "moving forward", not "looking back", etc. Would they be the past if they were not destroyed? Of course not. Imagine if they were still here, if you saw them last time you were in New York City, if you asked someone who was just there if they saw them, if you planned on seeing them next time you went there, if they were just normal buildings, if you talked about this just like the Empire State Building or the Willis (Sears) Tower. What if they were in all movies that took place in New York City, if you didn't get that feeling overtime you saw a picture of them or even heard them mentioned.
    We need to rebuild the Twin Towers right where they were, just as good, if not better. I can't say more because I can't find the right words for this. (some things are hard to express). That's why I don't say what I really think about the people who are opposed to it being rebuilt so we can move on, or because we are strong, or so we don't look back, or because we don't live in the past. Because that, like so many things, are easy to think but hard to say. I just can't figure out what to say (I don't think humans are born with a natural ability to respond to stupid things).
  • bbratsch 2011/09/11 17:52:51
    REBUILD iT!
    bbratsch
    If they build it better and stronger I'm sure it won't happen again and our military is way better
  • Pete Weatherley 2011/06/12 23:40:49
    REBUILD iT!
    Pete Weatherley
    +1
    I'm from the uk but I still feel that they should rebuild the twins. Now that Bin Laden is dead al-queda daren't make another attempt to bring them down. They don't have the brains to do it. Anyways. Obama's got the right idea. He came over here a while back on the state visit and called for co-operation. In my opinion, if the UK and US worked together, we could build a stronger twin towers. If we rebuild them, they not only restore the skyline of New York City, but also completes the American Coat of Arms that says "we shall never be beaten"! So you try your best! Don't let the Freedom Towers be built. Go out and get those towers rebuilt!
  • nightm4... Pete We... 2011/06/18 23:23:48
    nightm4825 In god we trust
    totally agree with you thanks for the post...
  • MattSpence 2010/04/24 20:01:04
    REBUILD iT!
    MattSpence
    +2
    rebuild it but... much more security and that one guy is right... there was bombs planted and i just hate it... i was born in 2001 feb 6th so.. yea im 9 but... i have a intrest in the twin towers
  • Caroline MattSpence 2011/06/22 21:34:47
    Caroline
    +2
    I am 15 and was born in 1996. I also have an interest in the Twin Towers. We need to help rebuild the Twin Towers. They are a true symbol to America! I was only 5 when the attacks happened. So,, I feel ya.
  • ithink 2010/01/11 03:18:28
    ithink
    +3
    personally i dont think they should build them as HIGH as they were. i also think that if they were to rebuild them HIGH up or a little lower they should have been built STRONGER.because for buildings that high it just is a target that says HIT ME TERROISTS! and the security should have been much much better because apparently there were bombs set to help them go down quicker. in all sense they could build them again but a little smaller and with a memorial out front. but if u dont put anything its just a peice of a open empty memory of something awful when u could build something new and bring a new beginning to new york city and america. (: <3 well RIP twin towers and the people who died. also this is just my opinion. ;) i also think it matters. how also i feel in a way bush pushed them to do it a little but also they did it to put fear in the eyes of americans but we will not be pushed around! AMERICA IS STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL and so were those towers. we need them back but stronger just like us in the usa. So let the towers stand for what us americans are.... STRONG&FREE;! (:
  • yescenia cardona 2009/12/20 21:16:41
    REBUILD iT!
    yescenia cardona
    +4
    I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE TWIN TOWERS SHOULD BE REBUILT!!!
    IN MY OPINION IF THEY BUILD THE FREEDOM TOWER THE TERRORISTS WILL WIN. IN OTHER WORDS, THE TWIN TOWERS FELL SO LETS REBUILD THEM TALLER AND STRONGER AND SHOW OSAMA HE ISN'T CONTROLLING THE U.S.
  • ithink yesceni... 2010/01/11 03:11:39
    ithink
    +3
    you make a good point. (: i agree.
  • mark 2009/11/16 20:03:03
    REBUILD iT!
    mark
    +1
    i think they should make it only 1 building but a lot bigger, or 2 buildings that have an upward curve to them, not only did it look sweet it helped with finances, for the world. we need to help the states and Michigan
  • michael 2009/08/31 02:47:54
    REBUILD iT!
    michael
    +4
    make them a taller
  • chris 2009/08/17 21:17:44
    REBUILD iT!
    chris
    +4
    restore the new york skyline, the freedom tower is a nice building but shouldn't be built at ground zero
  • olly 2009/04/08 21:54:36
    REBUILD iT!
    olly
    +2
    restore the beautiful skyline of newyork! with the lovley twin towers. let us see them in all there glory again!
  • matt 2009/03/26 20:08:43
    REBUILD iT!
    matt
    +1
    build it please it has a great figure to it
  • Tony 2009/02/05 14:59:12 (edited)
    REBUILD iT!
    Tony
    Rebuild the Twin Towers! The New Twins desgin is amazing, a lot better than the "Freedom" Tower. Nobody wants that hideous site, a symbol of corrupt politics and Bush's terrible reign of the US for 8 years. Rebuild the Twin Towers, bigger, stronger, better than ever before! bushs terrible reign 8 years rebuild twin towers bigger stronger
  • Nikki +... Tony 2009/05/12 03:09:25
    Nikki +In God We Trust+
    +1
    Why are blaming President Bush? Do you honestly believe the terror attack was planned in nine months?
  • joe momma 2009/01/28 15:56:54
    REBUILD iT!
    joe momma
    i know they would want to make it a memorial but we should get a second chance
  • DrStrangeweird 2009/01/21 06:19:59
    REBUILD iT!
    DrStrangeweird
    There is nothing better than the Gardner/ Belton Twin Towers II. The freedom tower, in laymans terms, SUCKS! Over 70 percent of New Yorkers want our iconic skyline restored, and the bureacrats at LMDC will do anything to ignore us, including wasting millions upon millions of dollars in a failure!
  • Barney 2009/01/11 01:35:01
    REBUILD iT!
    Barney
    +1
    Go with it. It should be build in respect and memory of September 11, 2001
  • t.j.o 2008/12/21 15:07:07
    REBUILD iT!
    t.j.o
    i think they should rebuild the twin towers because for the memory of our brothers and people that go to new york would be excited to see the twin towers
  • Bob Singh 2008/09/16 16:28:15
    Bob Singh
    +2
    They should rebuild it and make a hole in the buildings from where the planes crashed so its kind of like a memorial to
  • Craig 2008/09/15 19:52:23
    REBUILD iT!
    Craig
    +1
    Rebuild the towers the way they were, only a little to the right as planned, and allow the footprints of the original towers to remain as memorials.
  • Travis 2008/08/19 16:57:33
    REBUILD iT!
    Travis
    +1
    Duh rebuild! www.twintowersalliance.com!!
  • nightm4825 In god we trust 2008/07/20 02:51:58
    REBUILD iT!
    nightm4825 In god we trust
    +2
    Never back down!!
  • Jim 2008/07/14 15:57:39
    REBUILD iT!
    Jim
    +2
    With a memorial. Make it bigger!
  • Janet 2008/07/09 00:33:39
    REBUILD iT!
    Janet
    +2
    Bottom line, this is expensive real estate and something should be built. I don't care what it is, but we need to continue to show the world that we are strong and will survive evil.
  • None of the above
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +2
    Build a gigantic missile defense system,accesorised with conventional guns , ten times bigger than the towers.
  • Jerry (... Jerry (... 2009/05/12 04:37:40
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    HEY! IT WOULD WORK!
  • Kanaka Rican - Now's the ti... 2008/07/08 03:53:35
    Kanaka Rican - Now's the time for ACTION
    +2
    rebuild something else there along with a memorial. Maybe two remarkable buildings that would just stand out....something that say's America still continues to triumph no matter what!
  • Robert 2008/07/08 00:54:08
    REBUILD iT!
    Robert
    +2
    Definitely rebuild them... send the signal to the world that the United States of America will not be intimidated and that we will fight back against those who murder our people. Put a smile on the faces of those who perished by showing them that we will not stand for this murderous slaughter of innocent Americans.
  • aace 2008/07/08 00:48:15
  • mary 2008/07/08 00:25:03
    mary
    +9
  • Voltron... mary 2008/07/08 13:35:53
    Voltron (Metal Wolf)
    +2
    beams coming out of it? are you suggesting we make the towers into this? beams suggesting towers

you probably have no idea what I'm talking about though.
  • mary Voltron... 2008/07/08 13:45:51
    mary
    +4
    I was just want them to rebuild them much larger and let the terrorists know we will not be defeated. I like the beems on huckablue's comment. I like your idea.
  • Voltron... mary 2008/07/08 13:49:47
    Voltron (Metal Wolf)
    +2
    Ohhhh THOSE beams! Okay I was confused there. nevermind.
  • ~♔~Joanna~♔~ 2008/07/08 00:15:11
    ~♔~Joanna~♔~
    +1
    I'm not so sure what they should do.
  • Denny 2008/07/08 00:13:40
    REBUILD iT!
    Denny
    +2
    Thought they were building that new building even taller. Last week I leard it was already behind schedule and over budget. Good ol New York.
  • Angel 2008/07/08 00:09:16
    TURN IT INTO A MEMORIAL
    Angel
    +1
    no more twin towers, maybe another building , to conduct business in like the twin towers offered but nomore twin towers
  • Cindy 2008/07/08 00:02:12
  • True~Male 2008/07/07 23:59:03
    TURN IT INTO A MEMORIAL
    True~Male
    +1
    I will be in New York ( July 19 thru 26 ) I want to see ground Zero --almost 7 years ago those buildings came down on the first attack on U.S. territory in history -- I think a memorial would be fitting

2014/08/22 09:56:57