Why do you think Zimmerman's lawyer's quit?

Patriotic 2012/04/11 00:53:23
Related Topics: Lawyers, Lawyer
They know Zimmerman is guilty
Zimmerman isn't complying with their instructions
I think...
Today, Zimmerman's lawyers announced that they are no longer representing him. They stated that their decision came in part because their client contacted Sean Hannity and the prosecutor without their knowledge.

They also stated that their client hadn't been in contact with them, and that they were done. So, do you think there is more to their decision than they are announcing?

• jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/04/11 04:12:35
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Maybe they haven't been paid.
  • Piper 2012/04/11 03:52:24
    Piper
    +1
    I suspect that he not only thinks he is "above the law", but thinks he can do ANYTHING he wants and have it turn out okay. Just speculation of course. Perhaps his Daddy told him he could get a better defense team, just in case he actually gets charged with something.
  • j2 2012/04/11 02:14:05
    j2
    +1
    Your lawyer is your case director. If you don't follow their instructions - particularly when they're doing pro-Bono work, they're going to drop you like yesterdays garbage.
  • Radical 1s1am1st 2012/04/11 02:11:41
    Radical 1s1am1st
    +2
    The guy is a wild card and he is going to do what he wants.
    I think...
    Don't know and really do not care. We all need to wait for the final report
  • Patriotic Jackie ... 2012/04/11 01:58:45
    Patriotic
    The final report will end in an arrest warrant by Friday...
  • Jackie ... Patriotic 2012/04/11 02:05:40
    +1
    Possible to be sure
  • Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:22:14
    I think...
    Waterpuppy
    He probably retained much more experienced legal counsel.
    Weeks ago, various groups began raising money for his defense when the entire left wing media began reporting lies and altered audio & video.
    Zimmerman has never met face to face with his former attorneys.
    They weren't putting pressure on the DOJ about the bounty and threats.
    He did speak with Hannity on Monday and Sean is continuing to support him so I seriously doubt he fled or revealed anything, negative in nature.
    Calling the Prosecutor in advance of his attorneys announcement was a wise choice.
    Although he is not under any legal restrictions for travel, it's best she knows where he is.
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:26:13
    Patriotic
    When have you ever heard of a defendant personally calling the Prosecutor in advance of their decision? That is not proper procedure and every attorney would advise against it. This guy is going to jail...
  • Waterpuppy Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:37:36
    Waterpuppy
    If he had already replaced counsel and the prosecutors office had no idea where he was, I consider it a wise decision to let her know his location.
    You have no idea WHY he called, what was discussed or how long the conversation was.
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:41:11
    Patriotic
    +2
    Listen, you do that sort of thing through your lawyer. You never call the prosecutor. In fact, the prosecutor refused to talk to him because that is not protocol. Zimmerman is desperate and feels the walls closing in around him. He just made himself look pretty damned bad. What experience do you have with the legal system? Unless you have ever worked in the system, I think I am much more qualified to speak on this matter than you are.
  • Waterpuppy Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:58:36 (edited)
    Waterpuppy
    Okay Einstein, put yourself in his shoes. A bounty was put out on you and you're in hiding, can't go to the store, show your face and even phone calls are sketchy.
    You haven't been arrested or charged with any crime, not on bail and you're not pleased with your attorneys.
    Who do you call? By calling the prosecutors office, he kept in touch. Could he have had someone else call? Possibly but how would they know it wasn't a hoax?

ASSume, ASSume, ASSume.

And yes I have a lot more than 7 years under my belt in many capacities.
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 02:01:30
    Patriotic
    +1
    That's very easy...you got get another freaking attorney! You don't call the prosecutors! It's very easy, unless you are an idiot. You don't ever call them...period. There are thousands of attorneys out there who would have loved to defend him.

Stop making Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...you ASS!
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 04:16:46
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Why does he have to keep in touch with the prosecutor about a crime he hasn't been charged with, Einstein?
  • Waterpuppy jubil8 ... 2012/04/11 07:12:28
    Waterpuppy
    Still under investigation.
    Now, that wasn't too difficult, now was it?
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 19:33:05
    Patriotic
    LOL! He is being charged as we speak!
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 21:32:01
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Nope. Idiotic and unresponsive, but not difficult. Actually, idiotic and unresponsive is usually easy.

He doesn't have to keep in touch with the prosecutor about anything, Einstein. And he shouldn't. If SHE wants him, SHE'LL get him. Not the other way around.

Since she didn't accept his call, it's a moot point. At least SHE knows what the appropriate behavior is.
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 04:14:55
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Calling the prosecutor doesn't mean she took his call. And he hasn't been charged with anything, so I'm not sure there's anything "technically" wrong with calling -- does anyone know whether he called or Daddy did or he did because Daddy told him to?
  • Waterpuppy jubil8 ... 2012/04/11 07:16:32
    Waterpuppy
    I'm sure you thought you had a point when you typed that.
    If you find it, let me know.
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 21:33:25
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    If you tell me which words were too difficult for you, I'll try to help you. Not sure I can, though -- your level of comprehension is pretty low.
  • Caedus01 Sith Lord of the P... 2012/04/11 01:19:16
    I think...
    Caedus01 Sith Lord of the PHAET
    That he can afford better lawyers now and wasn't man enough to tell these guys and let them figure it out on their own
  • Patriotic Caedus0... 2012/04/11 01:27:04
    Patriotic
    +1
    That doesn't explain him calling the prosecutor. That is never done, never.
  • Caedus0... Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:31:55
    Caedus01 Sith Lord of the PHAET
    +1
    oh, The prosecuter??? Not Smart. The dumbest criminal Knows not to say diddly without a lawyer there. Is he trying to cut a deal? Why would he call the Prosecutor?
  • Patriotic Caedus0... 2012/04/11 01:38:05
    Patriotic
    +1
    I was a cop for 7 years, and I can tell you that the only reason he would do that is to cut a deal. The only other reason would be that the man in insane.
  • U-Dog 2012/04/11 01:12:56
    U-Dog
    +2
    I can't fault the attorney, I wouldn't represent an idiot who couldn't follow instructions and or was risking damage to his own defense and possibly the country in pursuit of his fifteen minutes of fame. The last thing that moron needs to be doing at this point is risking dumping even more fuel on the hate fire by talking about this nationally.
  • Patriotic U-Dog 2012/04/11 01:14:39
    Patriotic
    +2
    I agree with you that he needs to comply with his attorneys and keep his mouth shut. I say the prosecutor will issue an arrest warrant, and he will be in custody by Friday. He is destroying his credibility.
  • Waterpuppy Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:42:39
    Waterpuppy
    The only person who's credibility is shot is 'DeeDee' who has claimed details that could only have been known by an eye witness, one who spoke to attorneys or watched & heard the news, days later.
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:46:00
    Patriotic
    Ok, come back to this post when his ass goes to jail. I will gladly say I told you so.
  • Waterpuppy U-Dog 2012/04/11 01:27:05
    Waterpuppy
    You ASSume a lot considering you have no idea what the contents of those conversations were.
    He didn't make a TV appearance nor will Hannity say a word about what was said.
    Do you know that he hadn't already retained other counsel?
    Do you know why he called Angela Corey?
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:29:55
    Patriotic
    +1
    Why in the hell do you call Sean Hannity then? He is after all a media icon... His behavior is not that of an innocent man, nor a man who has a lot of since. You don't ever call the prosecutor if you are the defendant, no matter what the reason is. If this is normal, then please provide me some proof. I was a police officer for 7 years, and testified in many cases. Witnesses or clients of either sides never talk, and are in fact instructed not to.
  • Waterpuppy Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:41:33
    Waterpuppy
    He isn't a defendant. That is the main FACT about this that some cannot get through their thick skulls. Obviously, you weren't that much of a cop if you cannot distinguish the difference between 'out on bail' and an unrestricted citizen.
  • Patriotic Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:44:47
    Patriotic
    He might as well be one...Come on man are you stupid? The Prosecutor is deciding whether or not to charge this guy or not. You don't ever call them! This is criminal law 101. Only someone who knows absolutely nothing about the system would say such a thing. This has nothing to do with bail and unrestricted citizen. Why do you think his attorneys advised him not to contact anyone, especially the prosecutor? Zimmerman was dropped because he wouldn't listen.
  • Waterpuppy Patriotic 2012/04/11 02:09:39 (edited)
    Waterpuppy
    Once again, who was he supposed to call? Martin's joke of an attorney? The public defenders office so everything he said could be leaked to the press?
    Who's being ignorant here?

I really don't give two squishes why they said they 'dropped' him. If you saw the news conference, you would know that they also offered to continue representing him if he got back in touch.
    Perhaps he felt they were totally incompetent and was seeking other options? Who knows? but he has every legal right to weigh his options and call whomever he wants.
    Tell me this, why were the Mertin family goons out hitting every news program they could, repeating the lies and propaganda?
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 04:20:06
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Why should he call ANYONE? He didn't call HIS attorneys, which was part of the reason they gave for dropping him.

7 years of experience in what?
  • Waterpuppy jubil8 ... 2012/04/11 07:21:06
    Waterpuppy
    He hadn't called them for one day. Not an Earth shattering detail.
    Most likely, they figured out he was seeking someone else, who would actually meet with him instead of having phone conversations.
    Then again, he's not even in Florida so what does it matter?
  • jubil8 ... Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 21:36:12
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    How do you know it was one day?

7 years experience in what? Life?
  • U-Dog Waterpuppy 2012/04/11 01:41:56
    U-Dog
    +2
    I didn't assume a thing, I simple commented in favor of the attorneys actions based on the attorneys statement that their client was not contacting them and was in contact with Hannity and the DA's office without their knowledge. And then I simply advised that the nimrod not make any nationwide appeares right now.

If it turns out that the attorneys were for some reason lying then I will change my opinion but as for now I see no reason not to believe the attorney[s] and trust their word over that of Zimmermans... time will tell.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/04/11 01:05:56
    They know Zimmerman is guilty
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    Yeah, and Innocent people just don't flee the country
  • Patriotic C-ZAR™,... 2012/04/11 01:09:26
    Patriotic
    +1
    I agree...I mean, there had to more to their decision than that. Normally attorneys go to great lengths to retain their clients, especially in high profile cases. That is unless the client is guilty and is going to do something to make them look bad.
  • C-ZAR™,... Patriotic 2012/04/11 01:14:25
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    I mean if I was innocent, I'd stay and go to trial, he knows he was wrong

2014/09/20 06:03:34