Why do folks want Obama to release his college records?

flaca BN-0 2012/08/09 02:43:57
Related Topics: Obama, College, Bush

• KoAm 2012/08/09 04:12:17 (edited)
    some obscure reason...
    KoAm
    +15
    Because:

a) Most other presidents and presidential candidates in recent history have revealed theirs.

b) There are numerous people at Columbia -- who were in the same major during the same years, and who would have been in the same classes -- who don't even remember Obama.

c) It would be revealing to learn how a boy of such economically modest background could manage to get into one pricey private college (Occidental), transfer to an even pricier private college (Columbia), and then attend law school at an uber-pricey private college (Harvard).

d) He could very well be hiding the possible fact that he was a foreign student -- which would quite possibly put the entire eligibility of his presidency in jeopardy.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "magna cum laude degree," which you put in one of your answer choices.

There's an associate's degree, a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, and so on. "Magna cum laude" isn't a type of degree. It only indicates that one has graduated with a certain high GPA.

• Artist~PWCM~ 2012/08/09 10:20:54
    some obscure reason...
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    ...like did he even go to college?
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/08/09 09:48:14
    some obscure reason...
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    Why do folks want Romney to release his tax records?
  • BritPunk 2012/08/09 08:59:43
    some obscure reason...
    BritPunk
    +2
    Jen - http://factcheck.org/2012/07/...

It's because some people hate Obama and will throw any crap, no matter how ill informed, illogical or ridiculous in the hope that something will eventually stick.
    When it doesn't they copy and paste "amusing" pictures and think that they have actually made a point :-)
  • dick BritPunk 2012/08/09 18:22:49
    dick
    +1
    I gave ya a rave for coming up with the dumbest answer what is it about Brits that they think they have the answer for everything if you guys think he is so great you can have him he has done enough damage here! obam liberal fool
  • BritPunk dick 2012/08/09 19:08:57
    BritPunk
    Where did I say I think he is great? That is just your ASSumption (and you do seem to have a fixation on matters of the ass and the username "dick!).
    And when did factcheck.org become a British site?
    Oh yes, you post a cut and paste picture as well, how ironic :-)
  • NoBama Man 2012/08/09 08:01:11 (edited)
    some obscure reason...
    NoBama Man
    +5
    One would think the editor of the 'Harvard Law Review' who graduated Magna Cum Laude, from Harvard...,would be proud of his amazing scholarly achievements, and enthusiastic about future students reading his outstanding law school work to shape and form their own opinions around his own works...

I would like to see his college thesis...and since Michelle thinks she should be paid now, her college thesis and records....

LIKE ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM...

I would like to know just what you BELIEVE...what you intended to show the world when you left school...

I would like to KNOW you had this countries ideals, traditions and best interest at heart..,

The same people who like to bash on President Bush for being a C student at the same school...can only say that because HE RELEASED HIS RECORDS...the hypocrisy is astounding.

I am not sure, but I don't think there is a post modern President who has EVER kept any of this information from the people...for any reason.., and who even if they did, didn't at some point release these records eventually.

WHY ?!?!!?!?! and more importantly, why aren't the people allowed to ask...

What we have is somebody who has applied for the highest honor of being the representative to the world for the greatest nation on the face of the globe.., to be the CEO of th...

LIKE ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM...

What we have is somebody who has applied for the highest honor of being the representative to the world for the greatest nation on the face of the globe.., to be the CEO of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA....

and he has refused to show us his resume`....

that in itself is RIDICULOUS...

and the fact that they have the nerve to DEMAND any records from anybody else is even more RIDICULOUS than those who demonize people for asking to see them.
  • Mr Chin 2012/08/09 07:39:47
    some obscure reason...
    Mr Chin
    +4
    Because everything about him is a lie..
  • Fashionable60s 2012/08/09 07:16:59
    some obscure reason...
    Fashionable60s
    +4
    Either he thinks he is very special or he is hiding something serious. Looks like the latter after spending millions to hide everything from his kindergarten reports to his passport information. Truth will out. We'll soon find out, hopefully before November.
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/08/09 07:14:53
    some obscure reason...
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +5
    Why do the democrats want Romney to release 25 years of taxes?
  • Roger 2012/08/09 07:12:57
    some obscure reason...
    Roger
    +6
    Combined parts of an article by Wayne Allyn Root former classmate of Obama at Columbia and an interview on Hanity:

“I was a pretty connected guy. I knew a lot of people. I knew pretty much everyone, I thought, in the Political Science Department. I never met him. I never saw him. I never heard of him. No one that I know at Columbia ever met him, ever heard of him or ever saw him. It's strange. It's mysterious”.

“…the whole class was 700 students. I figure class of '83, Columbia, about 700. I figure Political Science, pre-law, maybe 200, 250. Like I said, I was pretty familiar with most of them. Never heard of him”.

"I think he needs to turn it around. I think if it was me under attack, I would say, why are Obama's records sealed in college, almost his entire life sealed, protected, lawyers, millions of dollars spent to keep him under lock and key, under wrap, why? If he got good grades at Columbia, then there's no issue, show them. If he got bad grades -- who cares..., He's the president of the United States. He got a C once, who cares"?

“If you could unseal Obama’s Columbia University records I believe you’d find that:

A) He rarely ever attended class.
    B) His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School.
    C) He attended Colu...

A) He rarely ever attended class.
    C) He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.
    D) He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia”.

“If you think I’m “fishing” then prove me wrong. Open up your records Mr. President. What are you afraid of?”

“Of course this is extremely important. CEOs of Fortune 500 companies have had to resign over embellishing their college records; it’s obvious that Obama embellished his”.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air...

http://macsmind.com/wordpress...
  • flaca BN-0 Roger 2012/08/10 13:38:14
    flaca BN-0
    so do you think his degree from Columbia (which Harvard had seen since he went there next) was a fake? Do you think Harvard wouldn't have checked up on it? Do you think he got into Harvard without showing them his Columbia degree?
  • Roger flaca BN-0 2012/08/10 15:43:05
    Roger
    I really have no idea. I printed something someone else stated. Someone that was there. I think that they fact no one remembers him is a little strange though. In 2008 Fox News contacted 400 people that were in that class and no one remembered him. If you contacted my graduating class I bet at least 75% would at least remember who I was.
  • DM Twin 2012/08/09 05:58:04
    some obscure reason...
    DM Twin
    +4
    HE IS A COMMIE FRAUD.... YOU KNOW IT... WE KNOW IT... AND WE WILL SEE ALL REVEALED AT HIS TRIAL FOR TREASON...
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/09 05:22:29
    some obscure reason...
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +9
    YOU don't know what a magna cum laude means, and the question is, was he a foreign student with foreign citizenship, which is a legitimate question.
  • flaca BN-0 WhereIs... 2012/08/10 13:39:03
    flaca BN-0
    why would he be a foreign student if he was educated in the US? He left Indonesia at 9 years old.
  • WhereIs... flaca BN-0 2012/08/11 05:52:10
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    It is a question of citizenship, I already said that.
  • Denny 2012/08/09 05:11:05
    they will find he had a C-average like Bush and think it's OK
    Denny
    +1
    They want to find out about getting a foreign grant to pay for it.
  • retiredingeorgia 2012/08/09 05:00:58
    some obscure reason...
    retiredingeorgia
    +3
    Mostly because he doesn't want to.
    I wonder why???
  • loudelk99 2012/08/09 04:47:07
    some obscure reason...
    loudelk99
    +4
    I heard democrats tell me he was the smartest man to ever become president. Why does he not want to prove it?
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2012/08/09 04:36:25
    some obscure reason...
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +6
    Because he said he was going to be the most transparebt president in history, so we are waiting for him to prove that
  • lurx: t... ☆astac☆... 2012/08/09 04:41:09
  • ☆astac☆... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 04:46:03
  • lurx: t... ☆astac☆... 2012/08/09 04:48:48
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 04:55:20
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    I can't believe there's still thousands of dumb things left for you to say!
  • Lady Wh... ☆astac☆... 2012/08/09 14:19:45
    +1
    THAT'S muture. I would expect that from a 13-year old.
  • ☆astac☆... Lady Wh... 2012/08/10 05:00:35
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    That is your liberal hero
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 04:54:28
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Mitt isn't even the nominee yet! Just in case you get the nod, maybe you'd better release your returns!
  • lurx: t... The Gip... 2012/08/09 04:57:00
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2
    In fact, most presidential candidates do not release their academic records. As the IvyGate blog reported:

Most presidential nominees (at least of late) do not release their grades from college. Romney hasn't. John McCain disclosed his class rank in 2007, but not his grades. John Kerry made his Yale transcript public only after he lost the 2004 election. Sarah Palin didn't talk about her grades until after the 2008 election. One exception is Joe Biden, who released his undergraduate transcript in 1987 as a form of damage control.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/...

...maybe he should start with his academic records.
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 05:02:27
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    It would appear as though one can get elected without releasing ones records. Or, for that matter, even being a verifiable citizen!
  • lurx: t... The Gip... 2012/08/09 05:03:07
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +3
    ...birthers are funny.
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 05:08:32
  • lurx: t... The Gip... 2012/08/09 05:11:35
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2

...apparently even Fox News thinks birthers are funny.
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 13:06:18
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Still beats clueless! Whats next, an animated post, or one with a unicorn?
  • lurx: t... The Gip... 2012/08/09 13:10:49
    lurx: the soda jerk

...apparently even Glenn Beck thinks birthers are morons.
  • The Gip... lurx: t... 2012/08/09 13:27:47
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Whatever you do don't counter, in your own words, with logic, facts, or a reasonable explanation as to why obama has sealed off all of his past! I'm done here, I need to have an intelligent adult conversation with someone. Adios.
  • lurx: t... The Gip... 2012/08/09 13:30:19
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +1

...whatever you say, genius.
  • mrdog 2012/08/09 04:31:53
    some obscure reason...
    mrdog
    +2
    Yale...bush vs gore...bush had higher grades.... O... it will show he failed econ 101...
    bark
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/08/09 04:26:21
    some obscure reason...
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    It's not obscure:

1. They don't think he has any.
    2. They'll "prove" he's not a native-born American.
    3. They can start screeching about how the records are photoshopped.
    4. They'll get more fodder for their conspiracy theories.

From the way some have butchered writing "magna cum laude" I think you're right that they don't know what it means.
  • ErinGoBragh87 2012/08/09 04:19:28
    some obscure reason...
    ErinGoBragh87
    +2
    people have been wanting to discredit Obama from the very beginning, first it was the birth certificate and now it's his college records
  • ☆astac☆... ErinGoB... 2012/08/09 04:37:05
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    He discredits himself

2014/09/23 22:32:22