Why Are People So Superstitious on Friday the 13th?

Here's why people are so superstitious.....
I'm not sure.
I believe it's because.....
What is it that makes people soooo superstitiously dumb?

• Covert Guy 2009/11/13 14:39:27
    Covert Guy
    +5
    Ahhh yes, The Superstition of Friday the 13th, that credulous belief or notion, not based on reason, knowledge, or experience ?
    Or is it ?
    If one looks back in history you may see some grave events that happened on friday the 13th,
    And if you look on the calendar you will see Friday the 13th occurs at least once every year, and the most times in a year it occurs is 3 times, Hmmmm '1' and '3', '13'.

In most cultures of the world the number thirteen is an unlucky number and Friday is an unlucky day.

In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve signs of the zodiac, twelve hours of the clock, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, twelve gods of Olympus, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, odd, most different.

Friday has always been an unlucky day to undertake journeys or begin new projects, because according to Christian scripture and tradition, Jesus was crucified on a Friday the 13th.

According to Norse mythology the day of Friday the 13th was when the spiteful goddess convened a meeting with eleven other witches, plus the devil - a gathering of thirteen - and plotted ill turns of fate for the coming week. For many centuries in Scandinavia, Friday w...

Or is it ?

According to Norse mythology the day of Friday the 13th was when the spiteful goddess convened a meeting with eleven other witches, plus the devil - a gathering of thirteen - and plotted ill turns of fate for the coming week. For many centuries in Scandinavia, Friday was known as "Witches' Sabbath."

October 13, 1307 - Friday the 13th, was the day King Philip secretly ordered the mass arrest, and death of all the Knights Templar in France.

And TODAY, The 2009 film "2012" about the END OF THE WORLD, is to be released on Friday November 13 2009.

You have been warned..............LOL!!!!! film 2012 world released friday november 13 2009 warned lol

• Covert Guy 2009/11/13 14:39:27
    Covert Guy
    +5
    Or is it ?

Or is it ?

• ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... Covert Guy 2009/11/13 18:51:50
    ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡ɴɪɴʝɑɑ♥!! [[ɴɵʂɫɑʟɢɪc ɗɑʏɗʀɘɑɱɘʀ]]
    lol thanks for the info XD and I just realized today was the 13 haha. Well I'm not superstitious so whatevs lol
  • Harley Quinn 2009/04/03 22:15:11
    Harley Quinn
    +1
    i think it is because people saw Friday the Thirteenth... plus, it had to do with something in the older days
  • Eienias ~ Comic Master 2009/03/14 21:21:17
    I'm not sure.
    Eienias ~ Comic Master
    +1
    Because there have been 2 friday the 13ths in a row and ironically only good things have happened to me!
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... Eienias... 2009/03/14 23:38:45
    lol same...except 1 thing but people are just retarded lol
  • Danny-chan 2009/02/15 05:52:22
    I believe it's because.....
    Danny-chan
    +1
    King Aurthor was betrayed and murdered on Friday the 13th. It was a horribly unlucky day for people, so they knighted the day an unlucky day. likewise, knighting the number 13 an unlucky number.

But that's only a thought. I'm not sure if King Author was killed Friday 13th cuz I read it in a book, "Revenge of the Shadow King." and they have this short little thingie where the smart girl is reading from a big book about King Author and the Knights Templar and it said that King Author was killed on Friday 13th and people made it an unluckly day. But I'm not sure is true, because that book is fiction.
  • HeliAce 2009/02/14 04:26:33
    I'm not sure.
    HeliAce
    +1
    I do think though that people are so worried about trying not to make something go wrong that they subconsciously get that something to happen.
  • CサïCサï xχx 2009/02/13 22:17:14
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... CサïCサï xχx 2009/02/14 16:11:16
    I always thought he died on that day lol
  • CサïCサï xχx ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... 2009/02/14 21:34:29
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... CサïCサï xχx 2009/02/14 23:56:13
    +1
    I think so lol he probably was born on that day since that particular friday is supposedly evil as is he lol
  • CサïCサï xχx ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... 2009/02/14 23:57:24
  • Bella [MCR ♥ TWILIGHT] 2009/02/13 21:50:03
    I believe it's because.....
    Bella [MCR ♥ TWILIGHT]
    +1
    I don't believe in it... but today... I changed my mind
    My friend Morgan is so popular. She told her crush she liked him, and comes to find out so does he. Her life is great right now. Not until today...

At lunch, my friend Reja had a bottle of juice or something like that. Morgan had just recently bought a jacket that was like $180.00 and also got a pair of $150.00 UGGS. I opened the juice for Reja and she grabbed it and went to drink it. My crush (why him) walked by and hit Reja. The juice from the bottle landed all over Morgan's jacket and on her light tan UGGS. She was so upset and started crying. Later on that day...

Her crush/boyfriend, Johnny, had partnered up with her in Science class. She was excited and so was he. They went into their group, got there supplies, and sat down. Technically... they are dating and they love each other. They kissed once... at recess... the day I wasn't there (go figure... haha). Johnny had to go to the "bathroom" and said to Morgan where he was going. Like about 10 minutes later... Morgan was worrying where he was (she worries about everything). She went out into the hallway and Johnny was with another girl and they were practically making out. Morgan started running toward them and she tripped on a crack in the floor and landed in a bucket o...

Her crush/boyfriend, Johnny, had partnered up with her in Science class. She was excited and so was he. They went into their group, got there supplies, and sat down. Technically... they are dating and they love each other. They kissed once... at recess... the day I wasn't there (go figure... haha). Johnny had to go to the "bathroom" and said to Morgan where he was going. Like about 10 minutes later... Morgan was worrying where he was (she worries about everything). She went out into the hallway and Johnny was with another girl and they were practically making out. Morgan started running toward them and she tripped on a crack in the floor and landed in a bucket of water that the janitor just cleaned up with from the boys bathroom. Morgan was once again crying.

For some reason... this made me superstitious that you can have bad luck on Friday.
  • ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... Bella [... 2009/02/13 22:54:37
    OMG....I feel so sorry for Morgan!! Johnny is a douche bag...The girl he was with is a slut [[I'm sorry i think that about all cheaters and the person the were with lol]] Did she break up with Johnny? Did he at least help her up? I mean sheesh.
  • Bella [... ♥ɴɑʟɪɪ‡... 2009/02/14 02:38:36
    Bella [MCR ♥ TWILIGHT]
    +1
    Yes he is! A very short one too! haha
    She didn't break up with Johnny
    He felt bad and said his apologizes. He melted her heart (in a good way)
    He helped her... in fact he dropped the other girl and she fell on the ground and helped up Morgan
    So... they are together now!
  • QueenShebaVIII 2009/02/13 21:12:54
    QueenShebaVIII
    +1
    Because they want a reason to make their day seem more exciting and interesting. :P
    I try to think of it as a lucky day. Because bad things happen to people on friday the 13th, because they expect them to happen. So if I expect it to be a good day, it should be one. :P Today was no different to any other day though... Except that it was friday, which I always like more than others, but I guess that doesn't count... o.o
    My mum thinks that saturday the 14th is unlucky. :P
  • BritBrit101 2009/02/13 21:12:15
    I'm not sure.
    BritBrit101
    +3
    Nothing's ever happened to me on a day like this.
  • ZILdeactivated 2009/02/13 20:55:04
    I believe it's because.....
    ZILdeactivated
    +2
    they're stupid, ignorant, and/or faking it.
  • BritBri... ZILdeac... 2009/02/13 21:12:39
    BritBrit101
    +2
    I think so too
  • Kendyl 2009/02/13 20:25:28
    I'm not sure.
    Kendyl
    +1
    I'm not sure... unless they have a bad experience with Friday the 13th (LIKE ME) im not sure... Its just weird... and I dont think my mothers heart attack had anything to with the day...
  • BritBri... Kendyl 2009/02/13 21:13:23
    BritBrit101
    +1
    I love the picture of Taylor. He is so cute.
  • Kendyl BritBri... 2009/02/16 14:48:59
    Kendyl
    Can't agree more. Lol. That pic goes with the video on my profile. LOL. LOVE THE VID xD
  • dexter 2009/02/13 16:16:54
    dexter
    +1
    fear of the number 13, and all malt beverages turn to pee at 8:30
    on this day
  • Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch 2009/02/13 16:14:21
    I'm not sure.
    Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch
  • David 2009/02/13 16:09:04
    I believe it's because.....
    David
    +2
    They have nothing better to do
  • Stardust 2009/02/13 16:08:04
    I believe it's because.....
    Stardust
    +2
    people have issues

2014/10/23 19:22:33