Why are atheists always attacking Christianity? If they don't believe in God why do they want to prove He doesn't exist. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

**StarzAbove** 2011/12/16 18:01:25
Related Topics: God, Christianity

god in heaven

Question Closed

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2011/12/16 22:02:27
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +17
    They are far more radical in their NON-BELIEF than any religious zealot! They feel it's their duty to show how much more intelligent then are for not believing. It makes no sense to me!

• wtxwoman ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 22:23:39
    wtxwoman
    +3
    You are assuming that atheists are bad people from the beginning. I'm saying they are no more likely to be bad than christians. I believe that if you have no way to absolve yourself of guilt you are less likely to commit an act that makes you feel bad. You are also assuming that humankind is innately evil and I don't believe that, either. I've never seen an evil baby. Have you? People become the sum of their experiences. Everyone's is unique. We all make choices. You don't need religion to be a good person. And, I've seen a few real christians and I realize the others are deluding themselves.
  • ✞Knight... wtxwoman 2011/12/17 22:30:05
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    "I believe that if you have no way to absolve yourself of guilt you are less likely to commit an act that makes you feel bad." (Your Previous Post) Why would they feel guilt if there's no sense of right or wrong? Before I was a Christian, I had no morality at all. Religion is the only way of discovering right and wrong; without it there is none. I've seen very few real Christians myself and there are a few moral Atheists, just not as a general trend. Logic signifies that without morality there is no reason to good and oppose evil.
  • wtxwoman ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 22:44:15
    wtxwoman
    +3
    Just because you aren't religious does not mean you have no sense of right or wrong. Why do you think that? I will agree some of the meanest people I have know were failed christians. They act as if they have nothing to lose. Morality does not require being religious. Do you think there was no goodness in the world before Jesus? Now, you are being illogical.
  • ✞Knight... wtxwoman 2011/12/17 22:53:36
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    Because I WASN"T religious BEFORE when I had no morality, I am currently a proud Moral Christian Man. There was goodness before Jesus; God created it through Judaism. All that is good comes from God.
  • wtxwoman ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 22:58:43
    wtxwoman
    +3
    Well, I'm glad you are a good christian man. We need all of them we can get. I have always thought religion was good for them that needed it. Fortunately, I'm not one of them. And, I don't mean that as a joke either.
  • ✞Knight... wtxwoman 2011/12/17 23:09:57
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +3
    Thank you; I try to only do what I believe is right.

I wish you only the best,
    Happy Holidays.
  • wtxwoman ✞Knight... 2011/12/18 00:04:00
    wtxwoman
    +2
    Merry Christmas to you.
  • **Starz... ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 19:47:23
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    Well said.
  • socokid ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 20:02:34 (edited)
    socokid
    +2
    They don't like religion because it restricts immoral behavior; without religion, they don't have any moral restrictions. They do it out of convenience and selfishness.
    That is harmful, ridiculous, hate-filled, self-serving, dividing nonsense. Thank you very, very much for pointing out exactly why militant atheists exist.

I guarantee I feel the same good feelings you feel when I help someone else, even without reciprocation. Our species would not have survived without an inherent wish to treat others as we would also like to be treated.

Suggesting you would be raping and pillaging without your belief in a God says quite a bit about you, and quite a bit more about those that do no such thing, even without the celestial carrot and stick routine. Wouldn't I be the better person? The one that is good even without the belief of non-evidenced, unbearable punishment by a dictator in the sky?

Weird...
  • ✞Knight... socokid 2011/12/17 20:23:22
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    "That is harmful, ridiculous, hate-filled, self-serving, dividing nonsense." (Your Previous Post) How? I've only told the Truth.

"I guarantee I feel the same good feelings you feel when I help someone else, even without reciprocation." (Your Previous Post) <- I am afraid that based around my experiences, I have to remain skeptical on that.

"Our species would not have survived without an inherent wish to treat others as we would also like to be treated." (Your Previous Post) I agree with that; religion has contributed a lot to our history and success. "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

"Suggesting you would be raping and pillaging without your belief in a God says quite a bit about you, and quite a bit more about those that do no such thing, even without the celestial carrot and stick routine." (Your Previous Post) Indeed it does; I was a horrible person before I converted to Christianity at the age of 10. However, this only showcases the inherited morality I've gained through Christianity. I never do the horrible things I used to.

"Wouldn't I be the better person?" (Your Previous Post) Frankly, I don't know who you are. I don't know what things you do in public and in private. Luckily, it'...

"Wouldn't I be the better person?" (Your Previous Post) Frankly, I don't know who you are. I don't know what things you do in public and in private. Luckily, it's up to God to judge you, not me.

Religion creates stability and humanitarianism. Because many wars have to occur, I find this a week argument to begin with, but if you want to compare militarism and cruelty, the Atheist nations of Myanmar (Burma), North Korea, and China are hardly shining examples of peaceful nations, and the Atheist Soviet Union's explicit cruelty is also common knowledge.
  • socokid ✞Knight... 2011/12/17 22:55:54
    socokid
    +2
    How?
    "Atheism is an attempt to neglect responsibility."
    Saying hurtful, ridiculous things without reason, is all of those things I mentioned.

I am afraid that based around my experiences, I have to remain skeptical on that.
    They are feelings all humans feel, unless you are a psychopath? Schizophrenic? So unless you actually believe atheist stop being human, I again stand by my claims.

I agree with that; religion has contributed a lot to our history and success.
    So all we had before the Bible was raping and pillaging, and then it ended? Weird. Or, did Christians stop doing these evil things? LOL...

I believe the exact opposite is true. Religion has contributed to morally stunted progress. Big time.

I have to go to my wife's Christmas party. I will respond in full, without question, when I return.
  • ✞Knight... socokid 2011/12/17 23:07:57
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    "Saying hurtful, ridiculous things without reason, is all of those things I mentioned." (Your Previous Post) <- Logic dictates that there is no cause for an Atheist to do good; I think that's a sufficient reason to state the Truth.

"They are feelings all humans feel" (Your Previous Post) I don't think so; I never felt those things before religion. Fortunately through my conversion, I feel it now though.

All we had before we began to serve God was immorality, cruelty, and selfishness. If all Christians followed the commands of the Bible, rape would have ceased from Christians; it did from Real Christians. It is very true that most people who claim to be Christians are not real Christians; you may have never even seen a real one in your life.

"I believe the exact opposite is true. Religion has contributed to morally stunted progress. Big time." (Your Previous Post) How is that remotely True?

"I have to go to my wife's Christmas party." <- I had to laugh at the Irony of this statement.
  • socokid ✞Knight... 2011/12/19 15:08:55
    socokid
    Logic dictates that there is no cause for an Atheist to do good
    Logic dictates that if this were true, there would be evidence of such. Logic dictates that you would have to know all there is to know about human biology, psychology, neurology, development, sociology, etc, etc.. things our collective have yet to master to make such a statement. Logic dictates that you would have to assume all sorts of nonsense in order to conclude that a certain set of humans that have merely reasoned the non-existence of a God are then void of being human. That they magically become void of feeling good things when they help others, even without reciprocation (incredible nonsense).

1. You obviously missed the video I posted two posts ago that show we tend to find the exact opposite .

2. We most certainly would not have survived as an intelligent, highly social species without this inherent will. We see it in every human that is not a mental patient (my last post). The reasons I treat others as I would also like to be treated are easily gained anyway! Suggesting I need a bronze aged book of mythology to gain this "diving insight" is laughable! It takes two seconds of human thought to realize the benefit of this limited altruism. Suggesting this isn't an obvious survival benefit inherent in our h...

1. You obviously missed the video I posted two posts ago that show we tend to find the exact opposite.

2. We most certainly would not have survived as an intelligent, highly social species without this inherent will. We see it in every human that is not a mental patient (my last post). The reasons I treat others as I would also like to be treated are easily gained anyway! Suggesting I need a bronze aged book of mythology to gain this "diving insight" is laughable! It takes two seconds of human thought to realize the benefit of this limited altruism. Suggesting this isn't an obvious survival benefit inherent in our highly social, intelligent species is even more ridiculous.

It is simply a part of being human. A part that is merely more developed than we find in less intelligent species, but is still present.

I never felt those things before religion.
    You never felt good helping someone else before religion?!

Wow, dude... that is messed up. See point #2.

How is that remotely True?
    Without going through my usual laundry list of historical fights with religion to progress morality, just look at your own sentiment. Your religion, and your religion only has forced you to believe that people that merely think something different than you, thought crime, means they are now completely void of morality, are selfish, hedonistic nihilists. This is hurtful, dividing, unresolvable, counterproductive, immoral nonsense.
  • rwsncool 2011/12/17 17:17:30
    rwsncool
    +2
    just wanna say when they prove it, then talk, untill then i am happy to believe in my religion, and i know they would be just beating around the bush nothng else
  • cutter's falls 2011/12/17 17:17:04
  • Treasure ♥ijm♥ 2011/12/17 17:05:19
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +3
    I know....makes no sense to me at all. I know God exists and I am a believer but I am not going to push my beliefs on anyone. Why can't I just believe and not have to be ridiculed and asked crazy questions about how can I believe?? I don't get it.....
  • **Starz... Treasur... 2011/12/17 19:48:45
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I agree Treasure. And why do they insist on taking Christ out of Christmas. If they don't believe so be it.
  • Treasur... **Starz... 2011/12/17 19:51:23
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +1
    That is right.....I make a birthday cake just for Jesus every year on Christmas just to help keep the reminder there for my son.....that we celebrate Christ's birth. My daughter who has small children of her own will be implementing that tradition this year too. No one can take Christ out of my Christmas! : )
  • **Starz... Treasur... 2011/12/18 01:28:33
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    What a lovely thing to do and from a lovely person. Thank you so much, you're a bright spot on this post.
  • Treasur... **Starz... 2011/12/18 02:54:21
    Treasure ♥ijm♥
    +2
    Thanks my friend! :)
  • **Starz... Treasur... 2011/12/18 02:59:17
  • Radical Ed 2011/12/17 12:46:15
    Radical Ed
    I don't need to attack Christianity, you lot do enough of that yourselves. stop feeling persecuted and offended, ignore people if you do feel insulted i.e. be the bigger person.
  • **Starz... Radical Ed 2011/12/17 16:24:29
    **StarzAbove**
    +4
    Then why do you do it? I don't feel persecuted. I live the Christian life but atheists are always trying to disprove that God exists. But when push comes to shove and they are down and out they will turn to God. They always do.
  • Radical Ed **Starz... 2011/12/17 16:37:16
    Radical Ed
    an opinionated presumption about turning to god. I attempt disprove god because that's what's needed; if proof can be found that cannot be dis-proven then it suggest gods existence.

when people try to shout down those who are attempting to disprove god existence, it weakens their stance. if you are certain of a creator then it shouldn't matter that we are disproving your evidence since it should be able to stand by itself.

let us atheists try to disprove your proof/evidence, either it stands or falls. Maybe both sides will find something out ^^
  • Mr.Steve 2011/12/17 11:45:45
  • **Starz... Mr.Steve 2011/12/17 16:24:50
    **StarzAbove**
    +4
    They must live miserable lives without God.
  • Mr.Steve **Starz... 2011/12/17 18:12:16
  • melly~t... **Starz... 2011/12/17 22:15:33
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +5
    Starz, I think you're awesome, but that is a horrible thing to say. We live lives full of love and joy. We volunteer, we love our children and our pets. We laugh, we garden, we read, we love, we give. We believe in doing the right thing, not the easy thing.

I would never say something like that to all the Christians I know and love. Nor would I think such awful things about my fellow man.
  • **Starz... melly~t... 2011/12/18 01:30:17
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I just stated what I believe the same as you did.
  • Sooz 2011/12/17 09:39:10
    Sooz
    +5
    I can say the same about Christians...why do they attack Atheists?
  • findthelight2000 2011/12/17 08:57:34
    findthelight2000
    +5
    Why are Christians always trying to force their religion on everyone else by electing politicians that want to pass unconstitutional pro-Christian and anti-Islam laws?
  • **Starz... findthe... 2011/12/17 16:25:46
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    If you voted then you elected some of those politicians that you speak of. Place the blame where it belongs.
  • findthe... **Starz... 2011/12/17 16:35:14
    findthelight2000
    +3
    I never vote for Conservatives.
  • **Starz... findthe... 2011/12/17 19:49:38
    **StarzAbove**
    +4
    On that we agree. lol
  • Nightmusic 2011/12/17 05:12:49 (edited)
    Nightmusic
    +2
    You can't prove a negative. That's why they won't shut up. They can't just be settled in their non belief and leave people alone because it nags them because they can't prove it.
  • **Starz... Nightmusic 2011/12/17 16:22:51
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    Misery loves company.
  • melly~t... **Starz... 2011/12/17 22:27:25
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +1
    I'm not miserable. I'm all smiles. Seems to me that people who go around saying that other people are miserable are the ones lacking joy.
  • findthe... Nightmusic 2011/12/17 20:01:19
    findthelight2000
    +1
    There is more proof to scientific theory than the very easily debunked fairy tales of religious texts such as the Bible.
  • JayLynx 2011/12/17 04:06:46 (edited)
    JayLynx
    +2
    I believe in God, I read the Bible. Don't my children. Important to me is keeping my faith. Just that. It's a personal choice, not a big deal, if someone, somehow attack my beliefs.
  • Leinad 2011/12/17 02:21:13 (edited)
    Leinad
    +4
    I say to them...read "EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT"Josh McDowell , an ACADEMIC that sought out to prove that GOD DOESN'T EXIST.......and couldn't prove it...I SAY TO THE ATHEIST, PROVE TO ME HE DOESN'T EXIST by IMPERICAL EVIDENCE.. EVIDENCE the FACTUALLY and SCIENTIFICALLY can be PROVEN THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST..they can't so they belittle those that they are jealous of...

when they are "down and out and no friend can soothe them, or no friend has the right words, when their rationale fails them and no drug can subdue their anguish, they are all alone...BUT WHEN I SUFFER FROM THE EXACT CIRCUMSTANCES and the SAME EMOTIONAL ANGUISH and NO ONE OR NOTHING of this EARTH CAN SOOTHE MY HEART...

I HAVE GOD..He will never foresake me, if I make my bed in hell, HE will follow...I AM GRACEFULLY SAVED, by the BLOOD OF THE CHRIST...Y'SHUA.....

and that pisses them off.....

THEY WILL NEVER , EVER, EVER..show me anything that would sway me from WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE..GOD IS ALIVE and WELL...

ATHEISTS, they are just cellular tissue roaming the surface of the earth waiting to perish and fall away into DUST..they DENY OTHERS THE RIGHT TO BELIEVE IN GOD, because they want to do as they want WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS or GUILT.... NO MORAL STANDARD, NO MORAL BOUNDARIES, and NO COMPUNCTION for what could...

and that pisses them off.....

ATHEISTS, they are just cellular tissue roaming the surface of the earth waiting to perish and fall away into DUST..they DENY OTHERS THE RIGHT TO BELIEVE IN GOD, because they want to do as they want WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS or GUILT.... NO MORAL STANDARD, NO MORAL BOUNDARIES, and NO COMPUNCTION for what could be considered, ....................wait for it.........................SIN, MISSING THE MARK of WHY THEY WERE CREATED, I mean haphazardly by chance, born...

ANYWHO, the CHEEK TURNING PHILOSOPHY( I do not prescribe to that part of the verse or interpretation) is why they feel they can beat on us and WE WON'T FIGHT BACK( I do), and if we do they say, THAT ISN'T CHRISTIAN OF YOU...JESUS said some WILL PREACH, SOME TEACH and SOME WILL WATER, and SOME WILL PRUNE......I LIKE TO PRUNE THE ROTTEN AND WITHERED BRANCHES of the WHOLE TREE OF LIFE.... atheists are just those branches..they HATE GOD'S MAJESTY, they think they are the EARTH'S MAJESTY, they are their own god, they control their destiny....or their future....and anyone keeping them from their desires, shall feel their aggression.....and GOD'S CHILDREN make them face their LIVING LIE TO THEMSELVES and OTHERS..and that also PISSES THEM OFF...

2014/08/01 18:08:12