Why are Atheist on Sodahead such HATE filled Ranters?

Uranos7 2012/05/26 23:18:48
Atheist are too stupid to realize they are destroying themselves.
Atheist just enjoy hating everyone including themselves they don't care about consequences.
Atheist belive in nothing, that they will be nothing, so nothing matters, including them.
Who cares?

You can tell that atheism is in trouble because it
is becoming increasingly intolerant. In the past, atheists (or secular
humanists or freethinkers) were often condescendingly tolerant of their
less-enlightened fellow citizens. While they disdained religion, they
treated their religious neighbors as good-hearted, if misguided.

But now key activists are urging a less civil approach.
At a recent forum sponsored by the Science Network at the Salk Institute
in La Jolla, California, the tone of intolerance reached such a peak
that anthropologist Melvin J. Konner commented: "The viewpoints have run
the gamut from A to B. Should we bash religion with a crowbar or only
with a baseball bat?"

This newly aggressive mood (Dawkins calls religious
education "brainwashing" and "child abuse") is in danger of undermining
civil society.

CT columnist David Aikman recently sounded a warning in a
commentary for the Trinity Forum. Sam Harris, he noted, not only
advocates a shift from viewing religion as harmless to treating it as
dangerous, but he also wants to suppress religion. Aikman evoked images
of Mao's China and Stalin's Russia as the future of America—if liberals
ever abandon true liberalism.

Make no mistake; it is that potential abandonment of
liberalism that Harris and Dawkins are calling for. Dawkins told the
forum in La Jolla, "I am utterly fed up with the respect that we—all of
us, including the secular among us—are brainwashed into bestowing on
religion." In a blog post cited by Aikman, Harris wrote that he is as
"wary" of his fellow liberals as he is of "demagogues on the Christian
Right."

Christians have long disdained what Eagleton calls the
"mealy-mouthed liberalism which believes that one has to respect other
people's silly or obnoxious ideas just because they are other people's."
But we have also understood it to be a safeguard in civil society.
Despite its vapid quality, such liberalism has been a blessing. The
antitheistic rhetoric that erodes the ethos of respect is a clear and
present danger. Atheists may be a minority (from 8 percent to 27 percent
of the American population, depending on the poll and the questions
asked), but they tend to dominate elite institutions.

The new atheistic rhetoric betrays panic, another sign
of weakness. Atheism knows that it is losing both arguments and the
global tide. Stories of the global vibrancy of religion are everywhere
trumping the grand narrative of evolutionary progress. And the best
philosophers are still taking the God-hypothesis seriously.

Christians should learn from the confident work of apologists who frame for our time arguments for God's existence.

Atheism's current upswing in intolerance and aggressiveness is a sign of desperation and will lead to it's downfall. They are becoming the oppressors they claim to be working against and the backlash will be devastating for them.
Atheist are trying to portray all religions as evil and aggressively attacking them. Historically when people see aggression like this they do not run away from the one being targeted as the atheist hope but to the side powerful enough to protect them. Since atheist not only do not have organized power behind them but actually disdain it, that means that religions which are organized hold the power to protect the people.
So the aggressive tactics currently employed by the atheist will drive more people to join religion rather than drive them away, creating stronger and larger bodies of religion and smaller and more isolated pockets of atheism.

Read More: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/february/...

• P. Sturm 2014/06/22 13:32:14
    Who cares?
    P. Sturm
    Because most of them are tried of being jumped on by hater religious freaks that disobey their own scriptures.
  • Captamerica 2013/02/08 15:50:38
    Captamerica
    The have a void in their lives that can only be filled by God! No wonder they are so hate filled and prone to accept any theory (ie evolution) that will exempt God, no matter how far fetched and ignorant it may sound! My problem is that this question seems to have rather harsh on those pathetic souls, who just can't accept reality!
  • ajracestables1 2012/11/06 03:20:01
    Who cares?
    ajracestables1
    They are hatefull because they don't have god in there lives.
  • Seiryuu ajraces... 2012/11/06 07:03:47 (edited)
    Seiryuu
    But they tend to have good spelling.

*hateful
    *God (or gods)
    *their
  • ajraces... Seiryuu 2012/11/07 01:20:27
    ajracestables1
    We should give them a gold star.
  • tncdel 2012/11/05 17:58:27
    Who cares?
    tncdel
    The author of this, apparently, is filled with hate for those not into mysticism. Sad. Didn't Jesus command all his followers to "love thy neighbor?" He didn't say love only neighbors who believe as they do.
  • Reichstolz 2012/11/05 16:54:24
    Reichstolz
    When you believe in nothing bigger than yourself, you find a hollow existence that becomes angry at the world around you.
  • sickofpolitics 2012/11/05 16:48:12
    sickofpolitics
    We hust need to pray for their soul...... Arguing with them does nothing but raise our blood pressure, yell at the wall it would be more receptive..
  • ruthannhausman 2012/11/05 15:49:22
    Who cares?
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Atheists, being what they are, "atheists," don't have the "inner peace" that people with devout religious beliefs hold and, therefore, they tend to boil over much more easily than, say, myself. I get angry at dopey people all the time, but someplace within me allows me to deal with them without getting all flustered and aggravated, etc. I frankly pity atheists or not having that "anchor" in their life around which to build their happiness.

Atheists, on the other hand, I am sure will come back at me with claws bared and tell me to keep my pity or shove it or whatever. It's expected. But I don't get bent out of shape from it, honest. I figure one day they'll wake up -- or not wake up may be a better term -- and find out for certain what The Truth is and that's that. No sense stressing out about their lack of beliefs while in this existence.

By the way, not all atheists are total jerks. I dated a young man many years ago who was an atheist but he had a fantastic value system and moral character, etc. He just didn't know how to recognize Jesus or God or whatever. I haven't seen or heard from him in many years, but I have suspicion that he may have gone on to find religion. I hope so.

Meanwhile, there are many, many things we human beings just have to put up with. T...

Meanwhile, there are many, many things we human beings just have to put up with. This happens to be one of them. However, as a precautionary note here, do not think that my tolerance and acceptance of atheists is a sign of weakness, because I assure you it is not. If an atheist chooses to "attack" me because of my Christian beliefs, or if I am threatened in any way, whatever, the "attackers" may discover they've sorely misjudged this particular holy roller. See, I'm not an idiot either.
  • uguess 2012/11/05 14:05:36
    uguess
  • GeeMichael.!! 2012/11/05 08:41:54
    Who cares?
    GeeMichael.!!
    I ?
    AFTER THOUGHT !
    HINDER ENTER !
    INSTITUTE !
    SATAN TAKEN !
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/07/01 02:13:17
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +2
    And you can't fix stupid........
  • uguess jumpboo... 2012/11/05 14:31:04
    uguess
    YA CANT FIX STUPID

YA CANT FIX STUPID

MORON

I WAS JUST TRYING TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWER.. BRAVO !
  • jumpboo... uguess 2012/11/05 19:53:34
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    LOL........
  • meshell 2012/06/30 10:56:11
    Who cares?
    meshell
    have you ever considered the fact that it may be bought on by religions insistant preaching,and denoting of non believers. you believe without a doubt that something you have never met. can not see, your only claim to his existance is a book written over 2000yrs ago. well i have seen what only could be called a UFO. ghostly images. things your religion will say could not possible exist. i see therefore i believe. my MOTHER was religious and up until she turned, she believed in UFO's , spirits. she told us dont ever not believe, within a few mths of turning she stopped believing. influenced by the church.. you have a hide to say we hate. best you look in the mirror before you too make judgement on someone else.
  • Katfish 2012/06/23 08:03:20
    Who cares?
    Katfish
    +1
    I have no comment except that this poll is remarkably simular to a "hate filled rant"
  • ladyjane 2012/06/23 05:15:33
    Atheist just enjoy hating everyone including themselves they don't care about...
    ladyjane
    They know they are wrong and do all of their ranting to try to convince not only themselves but everyone else that what they are saying is the correct way to behave.
  • Seiryuu ladyjane 2012/06/23 06:05:22
  • Paul 2012/06/22 20:58:27
    Who cares?
    Paul
    The choices were definitely rough. Not so much I don't care, but I didn't care for any other choice of answer.
    The idea that "God is Love" comes to play in this question, so I can see how a "God fearing" person might view an atheist as hateful, but in my mind the logic doesn't fly far. Just because you don't believe in God, doesn't have to also mean you don't believe love and compassion for your fellow men, An atheist just doesn't believe the idea can only be inspired by the idea of God.
    Maybe that gets too deep for someone that expects all their answers to come from their God.
  • Chokmah 2012/06/22 18:05:35
    Chokmah
  • DefendnProtect 2012/06/22 11:34:03
    Who cares?
    DefendnProtect
    +2
    Christians and atheists are both people repressed and enslaved by the ever expending central government, terror wars and the debt banking system. Liberty for both please. No government intrusion in our lives.

Let's focus on restoring the constitution in the Washington Den of Corruption and breaking up the money mafia cartel (FED) together rather than playing into the divide and conquer game the elite powers sets us up for via their MSM so they can take away more civil liberties, more money and more power.

Kind Regards, an atheist.
  • Captame... Defendn... 2013/02/08 15:45:34
    Captamerica
    Sounds great, are you ready to joint the Tea Party?
  • socokid 2012/06/20 23:43:47
    Who cares?
    socokid
    +2
    We learn by discussing our differences, and questioning our beliefs.

Suggesting the topic of religion alone is off the table of discussion is ridiculous. If there were ever a set of beliefs that should be questioned, it should be utterly faith based ones. No doubt. They have been the cause of more angst in this world than everything else, combined. Utterly faith based, heart felt beliefs instantly create unresolvable differences with EVERYone else.

No thank you...
  • No-to-neocons 2012/06/14 16:11:53 (edited)
    Who cares?
    No-to-neocons
    +2
    Last time I checked so called "believers" no matter what religion, are the true haters, they hate anyone that doesn't believe as they do. We Atheist and Agnostics could care less what you believe in. We just dont want you trying to push your delusions onto the rest of us. You keep your invisible man to yourself and out of our public arenas and we wont have any problems.
  • Uranos7 No-to-n... 2012/06/18 12:16:52
    Uranos7
    Oh so you are saying that people can be religious but must keep it a secret and not talk about it in public. That would be an infringement of the first amendment, and be a stepping stone to outlawing religion as they have done in communist countries.
  • Paul Uranos7 2012/06/22 21:03:45
    Paul
    that's not what was said, although I can get why a person of faith in God would have difficulty comprehending the thoughts on an agnostic or atheist.
  • No-to-n... Uranos7 2012/06/24 03:00:27
    No-to-neocons
    I'll let your bible tell you what you should do Mathew 6:5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
  • momma-on-the-hit-list 2012/06/06 22:08:28 (edited)
    Who cares?
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +2
    As a Christ follower I found the choices to be rather unfair. There is a lot of ranting of hate on SH by people who don't have a clue as to who they are. To say "atheist" is foolish, there are all walks in "organized Religion" who rant out hate filled messages, that would include Catholics, Pagans, Wiccians, Muslims,Christians,etc, every color of mankind also. Besides I have also noticed Atheist's and all others who have been very positive, kind and understanding so we should not generalize. As a side note, for atheists who don't believe in God or His word, there is mention of the world doing away with "religion" actually it is a doing away with God, so much so that they will kill you for your belief in God and think they are doing a great service,it's a sign of the times my friends.
  • reaper 2012/06/05 04:40:19
    Who cares?
    reaper
    more of an irruption to fanatics.if you're going to scream about how much better you are to everyone else because of what you believe in you become my new friend.
  • Queen B 2012/06/05 00:24:08
    Who cares?
    Queen B
    Why just point fingers at atheists? When you point a finger at someone, three more are pointing back at you.
  • Uranos7 Queen B 2012/06/07 05:30:53
    Uranos7
    +1
    That was the point I was making actually.
  • CaptnSassy 2012/06/04 20:11:38
    Who cares?
    CaptnSassy
    Have you looked in a mirror lately?
    Hate much?
    I've been attacked on SH more times from bible thumpers than republicans.
    And that's a lot.
  • Uranos7 CaptnSassy 2012/06/07 05:32:16
    Uranos7
    +1
    Was that after your disrespected their beliefs?
    If so it was self-defense.
  • CaptnSassy Uranos7 2012/06/07 10:56:22
    CaptnSassy
    +2
    I try not to disrespect anyone's beliefs. I have apologized when I see that I have/may have done so.
    I have been known to get carried away a time or two.
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • Glfer65 2012/06/04 15:39:57
    Who cares?
    Glfer65
    +5
    I have seen hate equally in religious people as well. I am not an atheist or claim to be of any faith but have a belief there is something of great power above us. For all we know we can be an experiment from another race in another galaxy.

Man is and always will be a very complicated machine and has unique traits in each of us that make who we are. Religion and non-religion have torn us apart since we have been in existance.

The real trick is to respect others views and beliefs so in return you have earned the same.
  • Bastion 2012/06/04 15:13:06
    Who cares?
    Bastion
    +7
    Who cares about your hate-filled feelings over atheism?

Atheists "rant" defending themselves from the onslaught of ignorant, frightened primitives.

"You can tell that" BELIEF IN GOD "is in trouble because it is becoming increasingly intolerant".
  • Uranos7 Bastion 2012/06/07 05:36:28
    Uranos7
    The rants are created in the threads themselves so that is offense not defense.
    Also how is sending a 'Jesus loves you' thank you to a friend an attack on atheism?
    I have seen several cases where the mere mention of God, The Bible, or Christianity is attacked by an atheist who was not part of the conversation at all to begin with.
  • Bastion Uranos7 2012/06/07 09:42:22 (edited)
    Bastion
    +3
    A "thank you to a friend" is nobody else's business. The constant theme of "let's all thank Jesus" on a public forum is open to comment. The "atheists are destroying America" posts are self-created targets.

Living is a society where the unremitting drumbeat of christian myth permeates discussions is sometimes difficult to bear without comment. If you think that's annoying, try looking at it from our side.
  • Uranos7 Bastion 2012/06/08 10:11:59
    Uranos7
    +1
    The "atheists are destroying America" posts are self-created targets.
    I totally agree there they are deriding your belief and you have the right to defend it.
    Being a non-Christian I do have the ability to see it from both sides.
    Calling their belief a myth while not being able to disprove it makes you as hypocritical as you claim them to be.
  • Bastion Uranos7 2012/06/08 13:00:22
    Bastion
    +2
    It IS a myth - that's what religion IS. I am not being hypocritical if I am stating a simple truth. AND Christians are NOT "deriding" my "belief" . . . I don't HAVE a "belief" - I'm an atheist.

I don't HAVE to disprove a myth - there's no evidence, so what is there to disprove?

what is asserted without evidence

2014/10/24 14:51:03