Who's Been Best President In The Last 50 Years ?

♠ChrisAtWar♠ 2008/10/31 00:17:44
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H. W. Bush
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon
Lyndon Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower
U Should Answer This....lol

• ~Drew~ 2008/10/31 05:14:10 (edited)
    Ronald Reagan
    ~Drew~
    +14
    Reagan turned our country around from the gas line, double-digit inflation, hostage targets, whipping boy of the Soviets into THE true super power. He took the worst economy since the Great Depression (including today) and made it an extremely prosperous one. He was also responsible for the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Block. Of course it did not officially fall until H.W. Bush's term, but Reagan's unwaivering determination towards the Soviets that we would build a missile defense system caused the bankruptcy that brought down the Evil Empire.

Oh, how we need another Ronald Reagan....

soviets build missile defense caused bankruptcy evil empire ronald reagan

• tommie 2010/07/21 07:54:16
    Jimmy Carter
    tommie
    +1
    Poor Timing.. Believe was most honest president which made him the worst in most Americans minds..I wish people would stop giving credit to Reagan for ending Iran hostage situation most of the work up to the release was done by carter.. give credit were due. The economy was already starting to tank before he took office in 1977.. just bad timing..He was Americans scapegoat president for sure.
  • 007 2009/04/18 06:21:16 (edited)
    Bill Clinton
    007
    John F.Kennedy.until some1 somewhere, cut his life short, in my hometown of DALLAS,TX.. R.I.P. J.F.K. john kennedy some1 cut life hometown dallastx
  • MaxxaM 2008/11/02 23:27:13
    John F. Kennedy
    MaxxaM
    JFK
  • . . . . 2008/11/02 19:45:00
  • . . . . . . . . 2008/11/02 19:46:26
  • D.J.-USN. 2008/11/02 18:26:29
    Ronald Reagan
    D.J.-USN.
    +1
    Ronald W. Reagan hands down.
  • infinityorzero 2008/11/02 05:38:53 (edited)
    Bill Clinton
    infinityorzero
    I'm not gonna count DDE, since the last 50 years only includes his last two years in office.

Kennedy offered many great ideas. But he didn't actually do that much. Well, other than possibly avoid WWIII during the Cuban Missile crisis, which is kinda important not to blow up the world I suppose.

LBJ got Kennedy's ideas, and a few of his own, realized. If not for Vietnam, he'd be my choice. But that's kinda like saying if not for that unfortunate John Wilkes Boothe business, Mrs. Lincoln would have enjoyed the play.

Nixon did more good things than we Democrats give him credit for. But he was Nixon. What more is there to say?

Ford didn't do much.

Carter had good ideas and couldn't make many of them happen and managed to unintentionally make things worse. Our greatest ex-President by far.

Reagan did some good things. Again, more than we Democrats give him credit for. But his ideas of trickle-down economics and deregulation have done more harm to our economy in the last 20 years than anything else. I hated Reagan at the time, because I so strongly disliked almost all his ideas. But as time goes by I respect the fact that he believed in ideas that he thought would make America better. It seems that much of the Republican cause since then has been disdainful of ideas and has mainly be...''

''

'"'"''

Ford didn't do much.

Reagan did some good things. Again, more than we Democrats give him credit for. But his ideas of trickle-down economics and deregulation have done more harm to our economy in the last 20 years than anything else. I hated Reagan at the time, because I so strongly disliked almost all his ideas. But as time goes by I respect the fact that he believed in ideas that he thought would make America better. It seems that much of the Republican cause since then has been disdainful of ideas and has mainly been against things rather than for improvement. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rank him 2nd.

George Bush did some good things. He handled Iraq's invasion of Kuwait very well. He was a decent fellow who made a poor president. Didn't implement much new good stuff and the things he retained from Reagan was all the harmful stuff.

Bill Clinton had his share of missteps. But he was good for the economy, handled international concerns well, and if the incoming Bush administration had listened to the Clinton administration Al Queda might not have been able to pull off 9/11. My pick for best of the last 50 years.

George W. Bush is by far the worst. He not only did less positive things, he did far more harmful things. I really can't think of anything he did positive. Oh wait, he was very good in the days right after 9/11 presenting an image of America that helped us through that time. The list of horrible things is long. We now are thought of as a country that uses torture. How many decades does it take to overcome that image? We became a country that invades another country which has not acted aggressively. A Korean veteran put it best in expressing his disappointment, "My country doesn't invade first." Outing an undercover agent for political advantage. Using the Justice Department to advance political aims. The astounding expansion of the power of the Executive branch scares me the most. Tipping the balance of checks and balances is the kind of thing that could do harm to the Republic, which is a statement I don't make lightly. I don't know enough about all 43 presidents to say he is the worst of all-time. I will say he is the worst of any president I am knowledgeable about.
  • Anouser 2008/11/01 00:12:15
    Bill Clinton
    Anouser
    I had my childhood during this time...good times, good times.
  • kevracer 2008/10/31 23:54:59
    Bill Clinton
    kevracer
    far from perfect (his personal life was a distraction), things were better in this country during his Presidency.
  • rogue 2008/10/31 23:46:37
    Bill Clinton
    rogue
    +1
    Monica should have swallowed, then he wouldn't have been in trouble!!! LOL!
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2008/10/31 23:42:27
    George W. Bush
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    He has helped alot more americans into a good life of homelessness than any other president.
  • LeeVee 2008/10/31 23:39:17 (edited)
    Ronald Reagan
    LeeVee
    Without a doubt, Reagan. Unfortunately, all of the Republican presidents and congressmen, since FDR, have failed us by not taking the initiative and truly downsizing the federal government. They have also failed us by not balancing our budget and pushing for a balanced budget amendment. These failures are the root of peoples disdain for the Republican party, which is why we will most likely be saddled with the Marxist, Barack Obama, for at least the next 4 years and reaping the pain of what he sows for many years to come. Up until the "bailout plan" was endorsed and signed by Bush43, I would have rated him in the top 3 or 4. He lost that when he nationalized a number of businesses. With that move, he swung the door wide open for Barack Obama and Socialism to waltz right in.

"We are perpetually being told
    that what is wanted is a strong
    man who will do things. What is
    really wanted is a strong man who
    will undo things; and that will
    be the real test of strength."

—G.K. Chesterton
  • infinit... LeeVee 2008/11/02 05:45:57
    infinityorzero
    I'm with you on the balanced budget. Lately it's been balanced under Democratic presidents. Huge budget deficits under Republican presidents.

Although I'm not sure now is the time to shoot for balancing the budget. My limited economic knowledge thinks government spending during an economic slowdown can be helpful.

It seems like this has been the recent pattern. Democratic president comes into economic troubles from Republican administration. Democrat gets things on the right track. Republican president comes into economic good times and pisses away the momentum, creating a hole for the next Democrat to dig out of.
  • lee infinit... 2009/08/12 02:07:51
    lee
    +2
    You're a loon...which Republican are you referring to? I certainly hope not W. Bush (who I actually didn't like)..the current problem in this countries economical system stem from the DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS that was in power during his administration....

For that matter..... the heart of the whole fall is the crash of the housing market an due to GREAT ideas spawned by Carter and enacted by Clinton. ...

Go study facts PLEASE...
  • Southern Man 2008/10/31 23:36:18
    Ronald Reagan
    Southern Man
  • JIMMY Obama 2008/10/31 23:25:27
    Bill Clinton
    JIMMY Obama
    Great economy
  • Nancy Pelosi 2008/10/31 23:24:32
    Ronald Reagan
    Nancy Pelosi
    +3
    Whoever voted for jimmy carter must have liked high taxes, double digit inflation, double digit unemployment rates and no foreign policy. Hmmm.... sounds like an obomma presidency minus the muslim hiding behind Jesus Christ.
  • EllЕ 2008/10/31 23:23:23 (edited)
    Ronald Reagan
    EllЕ
    +1
    Love this man. His capitalist politics inspired many in USSR. )
    He was STRONG/BOLD and this is what was needed to destroy Socialism.

~
    "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes." (said during a radio microphone test, 1984)

"Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

~ Reagan

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

~ Reagan

spend sunset years telling children childrens children united free reagan
  • jams 2008/10/31 23:17:28
    Ronald Reagan
    jams
  • WD 2008/10/31 23:10:51
    Ronald Reagan
    WD
    +2
    Hands down it was Reagan. He took over the disastrous mess that Carter left and completely turned around the country and the free world. He is the one single person most responsible for the fall of communism and the dissolution of the former Soviet state. In descending order: Reagan, Eisenhower, Ford, Bush 43 (W), Bush 41, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Clinton and Johnson. Clinton would probably rate higher if he hadn't sullied the Office of the Presidency so horribly--he should have been impeached. Carter only outranks Clinton because he didn't do anything worth impeaching, and Johnson shouldn't have even been president (save for the few months following Kennedy's assassination)--he won much the way Obama is trying to do so with untold thousands of tombstones voting for him (read "voter fraud").
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2008/10/31 23:08:53
    Ronald Reagan
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +2
    the gipper.
  • CJ ~ is Leaving SodaHead! 2008/10/31 22:57:33
    Bill Clinton
    CJ ~ is Leaving SodaHead!
    By far the most successful President in my life-time. Great economy, no wars, good international relations, business development, etc., etc., etc. Had it not been for her personal foibles I think he would have had an even more successful Presidency.
  • Joey 2008/10/31 22:38:30
    Ronald Reagan
    Joey
    +1
    Regan was probably the only honest one except Ike....
  • . . . . Joey 2008/11/02 19:49:21
  • dee 2008/10/31 22:37:44
    John F. Kennedy
    dee
  • LisaDahling 2008/10/31 22:36:58
    John F. Kennedy
    LisaDahling
    youtube has some great voice recordings
  • Tilly Riot 2008/10/31 22:22:12
    John F. Kennedy
    Tilly Riot
    +1
    He wasn't a freemason.
  • StarrGazerr 2008/10/31 22:10:32
    Bill Clinton
    StarrGazerr
    +1
    After 12 years of Ronald Reagan's rape of the average American so that the corporations could take over the country, after his total disregard of even basic individual rights, his disregard for the Constitution, and his total bankrupting of America (including what was the second largest economic collapse in American history - now third thanks to dubya), Bill Clinton not only restored our economy and established the largest budget surplus in American history, but also restored our respect and admiration in the eyes of the rest of the world. The baseless attacks against him, including the impeachment farce that attempted to remove a President based on private conduct among consenting adults, only increase his stature among the world's people. It is only because of the 22nd Amendment that this man is not still in the White House.

consenting adults increase stature worlds people 22nd amendment white house
  • Nancy P... StarrGa... 2008/10/31 23:25:31
    Nancy Pelosi
    Can anyone think of a synonym for the term "Blind Idiot"?
  • StarrGa... Nancy P... 2008/11/01 00:18:04
    StarrGazerr
    Yes - "George W. Bush"
  • . . . . Nancy P... 2008/11/02 19:50:07
  • m 2008/10/31 22:03:22
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    m
    This is a tough question. I really had to weigh pros and cons. Carter and Ford I eliminated right off the bat. Carter had to be just about the worst. His lack of reaction to Iran taking our soldiers hostage has to be the most gutless thing I have seen. Eisenhower had real military experience on a grand scale. Other than rattle their sabers, the Russians did not cause us too many problems during his administation.
  • 666 n my heart® 2008/10/31 21:56:25
    John F. Kennedy
    666 n my heart®
    or Mr Bill ( The Pimp ) Clinton
  • **Bessie** 2008/10/31 21:44:43
    Ronald Reagan
    **Bessie**
    +2
    Can't believe Carter is even an option!
  • . . . . **Bessie** 2008/11/02 19:51:01 (edited)
  • Crane3110 2008/10/31 21:26:31
    Richard Nixon
    Crane3110
    Ended the Vietnam war... not much else
  • skeeter2 2008/10/31 21:21:51
    John F. Kennedy
    skeeter2
    I wanted to say Regan but John F. Kennedy was the first President I heard about from my parents. I was three when he died and I can remember my mother crying.
  • rushforpres 2008/10/31 20:59:15
    Ronald Reagan
    rushforpres
  • Bill 2008/10/31 20:04:40
    John F. Kennedy
    Bill
    Bill is the man. Reagan was asleep most of the time.
  • **Bessie** Bill 2008/10/31 21:46:01
    **Bessie**
    so why'd you vote Kennedy???? Duh.

2014/11/23 05:49:20