Who has the best news coverage.. CNN.. FOX... MSNBC... why?

Priorian 2008/09/10 18:31:28

FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    Give better news covering all the bases:

the Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) at George Mason University. The study also found that Fox NewsChannel's evening news show provided more balanced coverage than its counterparts on the broadcast networks.

Who's Fair and Balanced?: Fox News Channel's coverage was more balanced toward both parties than the broadcast networks were. On FOX, evaluations of all Democratic candidates combined were split almost evenly - 51% positive vs. 49% negative, as were all evaluations of GOP candidates - 49% positive vs. 51% negative, producing a perfectly balanced 50-50 split for all candidates of both parties.

On the three broadcast networks, opinion on Democratic candidates split 47% positive vs. 53% negative, while evaluations of Republicans were more negative - 40% positive vs. 60% negative. For both parties combined, network evaluations were almost 3 to 2 negative in tone, i.e. 41% positive vs. 59% negative.
  • krafty 2009/11/17 17:45:40
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    krafty
    CNN AND MSNBC is nothing more than propaganda machine repeating ONLY what is pre-approved by his administration. This comes from Anita Dunn herself. FOX on the other-hand is actually factually reporting the news and that's why this administration attacks them.
  • mik 2009/11/08 00:18:57
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    mik
  • Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, US... 2009/11/01 14:11:14 (edited)
    MSNBC
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    I have 6 news shows on simultaneously on a split screen, and one additional TV Receiver. I generally watch programming, not the Station. I dislike Chris Mathews. I watch the Ed Show, then I go to PBS for the Evening News. PBS still has the best balanced news. Then I watch Kieth Olbermann, Racheal Madow, then Kieth again, (I try to catch a meal during the first Kieth show,) then I go to the Jon Stewart's Daily Show, and usually, Steven Colbert, the Colbert Report. After all that, I look through the Late Shows. BTW-On the Split Screens, I have the Sound on usually CNN unless something of interest comes on another Show.

Fox, without a doubt is a Propaganda Show for the Right-Wing. There is NO, NADA, NICHTS, NYET news on Fox. Beck, and Hannity actually are so obvious, that they turn my stomach. It is like outer space, "No Intelligent Life Forms" on Fox News. They have totally sold out to the Corporate Fascist, Right-Wing Stooges of the GOP. The fact that they get so many viewers, tells us we need to reconsider the Education System in America. frequently watch bbc pbs news watch military dod news catchOh yeah, frequently I watch BBC which is like PBS, it provides news, much of which is only available there. I also still watch Military (DOD) News when I catch it.
  • bdb 2009/11/01 05:47:05
    MSNBC
    bdb
    I do so like MSNBC. I also watch CBS, PBS and BBC.
  • Max7 2009/10/29 17:26:17
    MSNBC
    Max7
    +1
    I love MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Keith; I just heard two days ago (10/27/09) that MSNBC's ratings were higher than CNN. I also like CNN, these people (MSNBC & CNN) present themselves as intelligent jouranlist. No matter who was in the White House, I think
    they'd still broadcast high calibre news. I like them because they don't nit-pick, or stoop to undignified levels. Unlike FOX, all they do 24 7 is run people down and base things on their personal feelings.
  • GOD 2009/10/27 14:47:10
    CNN
    GOD
    +1
    CNN I also watch MSNBC I don't want my news dictated to me from a australian (america First)
  • DON 2009/10/27 10:42:26
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    DON
    +1
    FOX tells both views, fair and balanced
  • kirkinsf 2009/10/27 09:26:10
    CNN
    kirkinsf
    Beats me. I barely watch TV news. But when I happen to see something on TV at the gym or something, CNN doesn't leave me shaking my head in disgust... as much as the other 2.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2009/10/27 02:31:51
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    they must be telling the truth because this NEVER HAS RANG YET, fox news channel telling truth rang
  • Joseph ... marcuss... 2009/11/01 14:22:19
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    ...you must be a Fox Viewer, your bar is set very, very low. I guess you never noticed, when Beck picks up the phone to demonstrate no calls, that there is no System Line attached to it? I didn't think so. Boy, does dumb run in your family, or do you have it all? picks phone demonstrate calls line attached boy dumb run family
  • marcuss... Joseph ... 2009/11/01 20:03:44
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    without FOX this country would be in a worse mess that it is in now.

free passes for a marxist agenda would have your children slaves to the government.

your posts seem to show that you will accept that.
  • Edward ... Joseph ... 2009/11/01 23:11:02
    Edward Croy
    I'm very disappointed to see a Retired NCO from the USAF resort to such venomous and vitriolic statements such as "Boy, does dumb run in your family".

I would have thought a man of your experience would be capable making a rational argument instead of resorting to childish antics such as this.
  • Ed - In God I Trust 2009/10/27 02:25:51 (edited)
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    Ed - In God I Trust
    The ONLY news media I watch besides Fox is the BBC !!! They are the ONLY ones that actually REPORT, and leave it to their audience to decide !!! The reasonsfor the libs hating Fox is simply due to the fact that, while they love to claim elevated education levels, when it comes down to the basic "COMMON SENSE" realization that, while Fox has the very BEST News channel, the libs are incapable of discerning Fox's OPINION shows from their newscasts.
  • Joseph ... Ed - In... 2009/11/01 14:30:02
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fox, without a doubt is a Propaganda Show for the Right-Wing. There is NO, NADA, NICHTS, NYET news on Fox. Beck, and Hannity actually are so obvious, that they turn my stomach. It is like outer space, "No Intelligent Life Forms" on Fox News. They have totally sold out to the Corporate Fascist, Right-Wing Stooges of the GOP. The fact that they get so many viewers, tells us we need to reconsider the Education System in America. How you reconcile Fox and BBS isinterresting. BBC has real News, and Fox has no news. Interesting.
  • Ed - In... Joseph ... 2009/11/01 19:31:16
    Ed - In God I Trust
    By your SPAMMED comments to several of us, concerning Fox simply serves to PROVE my point that, you Lobotomized Liberal Loons are too stupid to discern OPINION shows with NEWSCASTS, that ALL News Stations have. In your case, your insipid drivel speaks volumes for your lack of anything between your ears, except that is, for the single turd wedged tightly between both of your ears, to keep the winds from whistling through that cave you call your skull.
  • MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥ 2009/10/26 16:21:07
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +1
    I watch FOX, CNN, PBS, and Cspan.
  • Friday 2009/10/26 15:06:49
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    Friday
    +2
    Does a Bear have hair? ....... FOX is the best!!
  • Joseph ... Friday 2009/11/01 14:30:28
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fox, without a doubt is a Propaganda Show for the Right-Wing. There is NO, NADA, NICHTS, NYET news on Fox. Beck, and Hannity actually are so obvious, that they turn my stomach. It is like outer space, "No Intelligent Life Forms" on Fox News. They have totally sold out to the Corporate Fascist, Right-Wing Stooges of the GOP. The fact that they get so many viewers, tells us we need to reconsider the Education System in America.
  • Friday Joseph ... 2009/11/01 23:05:00
    Friday
    Boy! You are really a smart clever Liberal! It's no wonder it's a proven fact that Libs have a mental disorder! You prove the point!
  • **Bessie** 2009/10/26 15:02:04
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    **Bessie**
    +3
    Try to tell both views....libs don't believe them though!
  • Joseph ... **Bessie** 2009/11/01 14:30:45
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
  • Elizabeth Williams 2009/10/25 16:24:36
    MSNBC
    Elizabeth Williams
    +8
    Cause the folks on MSNBC fact check over an over an give all their resources. So you can fact check if you need to. An they do not ass kiss Obama. They will report the news. An if there is something they do not agree with that Obama does they fact check behind it an report it no matter what. An when people say that they are bowing down to him an say they consider him the Messiah, they are only Fox news watchers an are getting their point of view. These people never watch MSNBC. CNN cracks me up an sometimes makes me irritated cause just when they start to get to the meat of the issue they say "we are going to have to leave it right there"... They are a 24 hour News station... Why do we have to leave it right there. But all in all America doesn't report enough of the real meat an truth of things. I talk to people from other countries an they seem to know a lot more of what goes on then we do. Listen to this clip of Gore Vedal who has been in Italy for some time now. His father helped put together the bringing down of high jacked planes an how none of it was put to use on 911. It will make you think. Especially when Dick Cheney was in charge of NORAD that day helped bringing high jacked planes 911 dick cheney charge norad
  • NathansDad Elizabe... 2012/08/19 17:01:11
    NathansDad
    +3
    Elizabeth .. you're killing me. Really? "Especially when Dick Cheney was in charge of NORAD that day"?!!?
    Of course such a biased and rediculous claim like this only means one thing .. you watch MSNBC for your information.
    You realise that NORAD was created as a buffer between Russia and the two countries of Canada and the U.S., don't you? It's designed to guard against Long Range Bombers, Ballistic Missile attacks, and to a lesser extent .. Major Drug trafficking. Dick Cheney was farther from being able to stop 9/11 than Bill Clinton (who helped clamp down NORAD's capabilities to around 50% in the 90's to appease his liberal base). Liberals caused such a stink on spending for NORAD, that even the pilots were put on a 1 Hour window instead of 5 MInute. I read a piece that said NORAD was so depleted by the time G.W. Bush got in office, that it would have taken 4 months to get it back in top shape. Never designed to intercept a couple of commercial flights when an average of 20,000 are in the air over the U.S. alone, at any given time .. This while monitoring the coastlines of two countries for military aircraft and missiles.
  • +-haromony with hurt__Falle... 2009/10/25 00:36:52
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL
    +-haromony with hurt__Fallen angel spirit-+
    +1
    this is second,wltx is 1st!
  • **Southern Man** 2009/10/24 16:57:56 (edited)
  • -sasman- 2009/10/24 13:48:12
    MSNBC
    -sasman-
    +3
    MSNBC is biased to the left. I make no apologies for watching it.

FOX not only 'reports' on the news. They jump in and make news by sponsoring "Tea Bag" parties that protest the government.

I may not agree with all the government does, but - I don't sell myself as a 'news' network.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2009/10/24 11:35:16
    CNN
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +4
    Actually different news shows have certain strengths and weaknesses.

CNN has a more balanced approach to the news, and I love Fareed Zakaria, and Christiane Amanpour on the weekends.

I like an array of opinion driven news shows on MSNBC, The Rachel Maddow Show, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, The Ed Show and The Chris Matthews Show.

PBS has the best all round nightly news show

I end every day watching The Daily Show & The Colbert Report.
  • gopher3580 2009/10/24 06:49:26
    CNN
    gopher3580
    +5
    For the true news, not by non-journalists, dunks and druggies
  • Johnny-O 2009/10/24 06:43:34 (edited)
    MSNBC
    Johnny-O
    +6
    Fox... has a... newschannel? Since when?!?!?!

Oh! You're SERIOUS! Aren't you?

Hahahaha, very funny! That's not a news channel! The White House says so!
  • USAmom Johnny-O 2009/10/24 06:48:03
    USAmom
    +4
    DITTO! Fox isn't really news. They are one sided and biased.
  • Johnny-O USAmom 2009/10/24 11:38:38 (edited)
    Johnny-O
    +2
    (Uh, I kno-ow, Mom, hell-llo? Sarcasm?)

Describing FuxNews as one-sided and biased is a bit like saying Hitler could be a tad cranky...you don't have to convince me, babe.

I think they should be investigated, you can't call yourself 'News' and churn out only steady, constantly slanted propaganda!

It's like these people never heard of 'Standards & Practices1'
  • trainfan USAmom 2009/10/26 15:29:56
    trainfan
    +1
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Yu are funny. NOT
  • USAmom trainfan 2009/10/26 20:16:49
    USAmom
    +1
    Ha, Ha, Ha, you are well informed.....NOT! :)
  • Johnny-O USAmom 2009/10/31 15:10:09
    Johnny-O
    +3
    I like your style!
  • USAmom Johnny-O 2009/10/31 16:20:43
    USAmom
    +1
    Thank You!
  • Ed - In... Johnny-O 2009/10/27 02:35:52
    Ed - In God I Trust
    +1
    Don't you mean the WhiNe House???
  • twocrows 2009/10/24 06:13:32
    MSNBC
    twocrows
    +5
    I like MSNBC generally -- though there are a few folks there I'm not too fond of. a matter of taste.
  • riceroni ~ POTC**FUKU2** 2009/10/24 04:31:33 (edited)
  • on and on1 2009/10/22 22:06:18
    CNN
    on and on1
    +6
    Not my choice at all but PBS and BBC were not choices.

2014/09/02 21:47:05