Who be ye favorite pirate? In real life and in the movies?
What is it about pirates?
In general, they are a dirty, smelly, muderous bunch of thieves, but yet we find them most appealing. Pehaps it is the Hollywood treatment that has made them so dear to our hearts. I have no doubt that if we were to happen upon the real Blackbeard, we might not be so willing to accept his faults and share a glass of mead with him.
1. Edward Lowe, London [Born: Late 1600s; Died: 1723 or 1724]
2. Thomas Tew, Northamptonshire, England [Born: ?; Died: 1695]
3. Calico Jack, London [Born: 1682 Died: 1720]
4. Blackbeard, Bristol, England [Born: 1680; Died: 1718]
5. Bartholomew Roberts, Pembrokeshire, Wales [Born: 1682; Died: 1722]
In the movies...
Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa
Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow
Geena Davis as Morgan Adams
James Purfoy as Blackbeard
See Votes by State