Which Super Power Would You Choose?

N. Zane 2012/08/01 21:00:00
Teleportation
Flight
Super Strength
Invisibility
Telepathy
Telekenisis
Regeneration
Other....

• Scaldari Anitoba 2012/08/06 15:41:22
    Other....
    Scaldari Anitoba
    +1
    Projectile Defecation up to 10k
  • Saul Delgado 2012/08/06 06:03:14
    Teleportation
    Saul Delgado
    +2
    So I can be like night Crawler, and Azazel from x-men first class. If I want u dead ill just hug u and teloport u hundreds of miles high to the stratosphere and shet.! Accompany u to sky diving ur death! If u have flight I'll teleport u to hundreds feet below sea level. Or outer space and watch u die without air. Any other power u have won't work I would've already teleported u anyway
  • Bibliophilic 2012/08/06 03:54:00
    Other....
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    I choose telekinesis, invisibility and regeneration. I can do pretty much anything that I want to now and perhaps live for a very long time like Wolverine.

I can walk in dangerous areas unobserved. I can work as a government agent and earn the big bucks or I can become a master thief. That would be wonderful...
  • dekecds 2012/08/06 03:15:30
    Regeneration
    dekecds
    +1
    Regeneration would be totally cool! I could do some really dangerous stuff and not worry, like leaning way out over the rails at the Grand Canyon!
  • COMALite J 2012/08/06 02:50:23 (edited)
    Other....
    COMALite J
    +1
    Reality warping. Basically, omnipotence.

In the past, either for online superhero role-playing games or in posts on comics-related forums, I’ve come up with ideas for powers such as:

• Reflexive Cognizance — If anyone asks you a question that you haven’t previously thought of, your mind searches all reality and instantly you know the answer. But if you had thought of the question already, nothing happens.

In the online game in which I used this, neither my character nor the others, nor their players, knew that he had that power (I did, of course, and so did the GM, but we kept it secret from the other players). We used instant messaging to make this work (it was on a Commodore 64-specific predecessor to AOL called Q-Link). If any player character asked my character a question, and I honestly hadn’t thought of it, I would just type a period as a signal to the GM to IM me the answer. To the character, it seemed as if he had simply read the answer somewhere but didn’t remember exactly where at the time, or otherwise had some reasonable reason to know the answer.

The idea was that if any character asked him, “How did you know that?” then his power would reveal itself to him as the answer to that question!

• Keepin’-it-Real — I posted this one a couple years ago in the forums of the w...

• Keepin’-it-Real — I posted this one a couple years ago in the forums of the website of the late, truly great, and very much missed Dwayne McDuffie (truly the Stan Lee of the modern generations — he was even the one who came up with that name for this power!). This was an idea for a super power that a normal human being from “our” reality would have if s/he somehow wound up in the Marvel or DC comics universes (the idea being that Marvel or DC could run a contest, and the winner would get written into a comics miniseries as a major character from “our” reality, as his or her “real self,” with this power that would be perfectly logical for an ordinary human from “our” universe to have once in the Marvel or DC universes).

So what is this “Keepin’ it Real” power? Simple: a person from the “real world” would be completely immune to anything that could not exist in the “real world.” That includes all super powers of any kind, any super technology that violates laws of physics of the real world, etc. No such thing could affect you in any way, for good or bad, directly or indirectly.

No telepath could read your mind. A full-strength punch from Superman would feel like a punch from Clark Kent. Likewise, if you punched Superman, it would impact him as much as if he had no invulnerability, since you’d be immune to that, too, even though you have no super strength. Cyclops’s optic blasts might as well just be red light if they hit you. No flying character could fly if carrying you. You could see any invisible character as if s/he weren’t invisible, and pass right through any force field such as Invisible Woman’s as if it wasn’t there.

A Quinjet or FantastiCar or some such could not take off with you on board. Iron Man’s repulsor blasts wouldn’t even feel like a puff of breeze. No Amazon Purple Ray or Morlock Healer could heal you, either (for good or bad, remember?).

Of course, you could lift Mjolnir as easily as any hammer its size and apparent weight, but you could not do anything with it that you couldn’t do with an ordinary hammer its size and apparent weight. If it’s thin enough, you could even dent adamantium or amazonium or Cap’s shield or some such with a strong enough punch or kick (or with a hammer, whether from a dwarf forge on Asgard or from a local hardware store), and vibranium would not be able to absorb the impact nor vibrations from your punches or a hammer you use, etc. If you used a gun or knife (even one from that universe), you could wound or kill Superman or the Hulk as easily as anyone else.

But an ordinary person and ordinary things in those comics universes would affect you just as they normally would in reality.
  • xxx 2012/08/06 01:00:38
    Other....
    xxx
    +1
    Im easy I just want to shoot fireballs from my hands or be able to do a force field around me when I walk down the street.
  • meltrab9194 2012/08/06 00:20:01
    Teleportation
    meltrab9194
    +1
    cause im lazy
  • eagle8 2012/08/05 23:57:10
    Super Strength
    eagle8
    +1
    give me the strength to endure
  • Defcon 2012/08/05 23:04:46
    Other....
    Defcon
    +1
    All the super powers
  • Drebi 2012/08/05 22:38:15
    Other....
    Drebi
    +1
    The ability to manipulate time trumps all of the above.
  • ellisabeth 2012/08/05 22:18:54
    Invisibility
    ellisabeth
    +1
    I would LOVE to be invisisble! XD
  • disclaimer 2012/08/05 18:37:30
    Other....
    disclaimer
    +1
    Mind reading. Not telepathy. Could have saved me from a lot of scenarios where I stuck my nose in and soon realized that I couldn't pull it back out.
  • ~[Rachel Mariee]~ 2012/08/05 15:43:14
    Other....
    ~[Rachel Mariee]~
    +2
    All of the above? o;
  • Don Leuty 2012/08/05 15:43:10
    Flight
    Don Leuty
    +2
    No more dealing with the TSA
  • No One 2012/08/05 15:41:20
    Regeneration
    No One
    +1
    Regeneration because if I had that super power I could regenerate my foreskin which was taken from when I was an infant and regrow any other body parts I might loose in the future.
  • RastaFan 2012/08/05 10:53:01 (edited)
    Other....
    RastaFan
    +1
    I'm halfway through my fifties. I look at the future and think I'd like to be 'Super Dick!'.. :-)
  • postmamy 2012/08/05 10:03:11 (edited)
    Flight
    postmamy
    +1
    I will recommand myself to fly - high on a holiday season~~~~
    also including Super power high fly~~~~~ northwest airline
  • mr echo 2012/08/05 08:13:44
    Regeneration
    mr echo
    +1
    shapeshifting
  • Child of light 2012/08/05 05:38:03
    Other....
    Child of light
    +1
    I would go for teleportation, flight, invisibility, telekenisis, telepathy, super strength, x-ray vision, being able to walk through solid objects, holding my breath for up to 1 week, stopping time without any repercussions, super speed. I'd really just go for everything that could possibly come to mind.
  • COMALite J Child o... 2012/08/06 02:57:09 (edited)
    COMALite J
    There was a character called “The Quiz” in a DC comic (Grant Morrison’s run on the Doom Patrol) who had “every super power you haven’t thought of.” If you think of a power, she would lose it.
  • ErinSnowChristal 2012/08/05 04:52:16
    Other....
    ErinSnowChristal
    +1
    The ability to stop time. Think of the benefits...
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/08/05 04:48:13
    Other....
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2
    X Ray Vision

ray vision
  • Jessica 2012/08/05 03:46:31
    Teleportation
    Jessica
    +1
    Of course, it would be great to have all of them, but... I would settle for just this. And hope it includes time travel xD
  • MercuryZero 2012/08/05 01:38:55
    Other....
    MercuryZero
    +1
    Shape shifting, invisibility, and super strength :D
  • Miss Ellen 2012/08/05 01:19:18
    Invisibility
    Miss Ellen
    +2
    Oh man i would mess with sooooo many people.
  • Platinum Fangs 2012/08/05 00:51:59
    Other....
    Platinum Fangs
    +3
    The powers of this man
    morgan freeman bruce almighty
  • Lucy 2012/08/05 00:40:40
    Teleportation
    Lucy
    +3
    Teleportation so in awkward moments I can just teleport to the beach or something :)
  • COMALite J Lucy 2012/08/06 03:12:46
    COMALite J
    Read this.
    Orson Scott Card’s “The Lost Gate” (first novel in the Mithermages series)
  • lorenab. 2012/08/04 22:24:32
    Invisibility
    lorenab.
    +2
    um... im nosy so with invisibility i could be anywhere i wanted and no one would know!!:D
  • Jkirk3279 lorenab. 2012/08/05 05:46:09
    Jkirk3279
    +1
    Footprints. The Invisible Man was stopped with broken glass on the sidewalks.
  • sammanilla 2012/08/04 20:27:24
    Regeneration
    sammanilla
    +2
    With regeneration you wouldn't have to croak.
  • bcarrera 2012/08/04 19:45:44
    Other....
    bcarrera
    +2
    The super power to have all super powers.
  • ♥##**AWESOME♥B****##**♥ 2012/08/04 18:58:08
    Other....
    ♥##**AWESOME♥B****##**♥
    +2
    Shape Shift Shape sHIFT Shape sHIFT
  • Deep007 2012/08/04 15:56:02
    Telepathy
    Deep007
    +1
    oh.. i'd love telepathy...
    screw the Liberals right back to square one...
  • Jkirk3279 Deep007 2012/08/05 05:47:08
    Jkirk3279
    I think that's a good choice. You'd find out the liberals you've been taught to hate don't exist.
  • Deep007 Jkirk3279 2012/08/05 06:23:51
    Deep007
    oh..so Liberals doesn't exist eh..
    paaaaLeeese
  • COMALite J Deep007 2012/08/13 02:54:15
    COMALite J
    No, liberals do exist. But they’re not like the fictitious ones you've been taught to hate.
  • Deep007 COMALite J 2012/08/13 02:57:59
    Deep007
    how do you know what is fictitious...or NOT
  • COMALite J Deep007 2012/08/13 04:39:30
    COMALite J
    Sorry, this is not a politics thread. I won’t help derail it further.
  • ikeman227 2012/08/04 15:05:18

2014/12/20 05:51:52