Which Presidential Candidate Is Better Suited to Handle an Alien Invasion?

Fun 2012/06/30 22:47:31
After a National Geographic Channel poll revealed that 65% of Americans believe that Barack Obama would be better suited to handle and alien invasion than Mitt Romney, we were curious hear what SodaHeads had to say about the issue.

When analyzing National Geographic’s results, Erik Hayden of TIME NewsFeed was quick to point out that both candidates are well-versed in science fiction.

“Romney . . . enjoyed Star Trek on TV (though reportedly doesn’t consider himself a Trekkie), likes Star Wars, is a fan of Battlefield Earth (the book, if you please) and says Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game is one of his favorites, according to a Politico profile earlier this year.”

He added, “Obama is no sci-fi slouch either, having given nods to both Star Wars and Star Trek while in office. Well-versed in the ways of the Force, he’s been spotted on the White House lawn jousting with a Jedi lightsaber. He’s also flashed Star Trek’s Vulcan salute in the Oval Office when he posed for a photo with the show’s Nichelle Nichols earlier this year.”

Hayden also pointed out that this is one time when Obama’s analytical Spock-like demeanor—something he’s tried to downplay in the past—may actually be working for him.

So what do you think SodaHeads? Which presidential candidate is better suited to handle an alien invasion?

Read More: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/two-thirds...

• Næthan Æterna 2012/07/01 20:50:34
    Mitt Romney
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    I chose Mitt Romney because of Barack Obama's scandal with aliens already....

The illegal kind.
  • Steve 2012/07/01 20:28:11
    Mitt Romney
    Steve
    +1
    One of his favorite books is Battle Field Earth. Closet scientologist? Maybe he will be better able to greet Xenu.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/07/01 20:20:56
    Mitt Romney
    Wahvlvke
    +4
    obie would just snivel and bow.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/01 20:13:32
    Barack Obama
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    Simply because any aliens that land will leave immediately from the lack of available jobs.
  • God ble... ScottyG... 2012/07/01 20:17:35
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    :) lol very cute ! ( and probably true
  • ScottyG... God ble... 2012/07/01 21:29:06
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Thanks. And if the talked with him they could only assume that there is no intelligent life here. That's also a deal breaker.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/07/01 20:12:51
    Mitt Romney
    BlackwinterG36C
    Obama would waste all his time trying to suck up to the aliens selling us all out for so he could have all the golf courses and basketball courts in the world. After all people like Akmademijad and Hugo Chavez are just missunderstood.
  • pepper5419 2012/07/01 20:09:42 (edited)
    Barack Obama
    pepper5419
    If we were invaded we would be burn't toast.I'm sure if aliens were advanced enough to get to Earth imagine the technology and speed with which it would take to travel light years to get here.

burnt toast
  • darthtbone 2012/07/01 20:06:49
    Mitt Romney
    darthtbone
    +3
    Haha. Obama can't handle an invasion of aliens from Mexico, let alone outer space.
  • Hawkeye 2012/07/01 20:06:22
    Mitt Romney
    Hawkeye
    Obama has the Border Agents running and hiding from aliens on THIS planet if they so much as SEE a gun in their hands.. ( JUST reported this morning )

He'd probably supply aliens from another planet all the weapons they needed to defeat us and order those agents to clear a PATH for them if THEY invaded..
  • Nonpartisan 2012/07/01 19:59:08
    Mitt Romney
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    Since there were only the same two bad choices that we will have on the ballot in November I had to choose one before the Web site would let me make a real comment. This is just like the So called democratic Elections that we have my vote does not count and is not considered in the final results.

I agree with Jim Hightowwer in the title of his book "If the Gods Wanted Us to Vote They Would Have Given Us Candidates", by Jim Hightower: I have not read this book, however, the title says what a lot of the voters who do not vote for President and some of the other offices tell me.

As far as who would do the best in dealing with aliens from space, or anywhere else I would have to say that I would.

Please Support my Campaign for the American People @ http://www.myspace.com/dwight... & http://fundly.com/s/campaign-...
  • Næthan ... Nonpart... 2012/07/01 20:52:39
    Næthan Æterna
    I'd contribute, but I am so broke it's ... almost...funny.
  • Alummina 2012/07/01 19:33:08
    Barack Obama
    Alummina
    +1
    President Obama because I think the Annunaki are Black and they are coming to town.
  • Fred Weasley (bless his soul) 2012/07/01 19:06:49
    Mitt Romney
    Fred Weasley (bless his soul)
    +1
    Im with any Star Wars fan
  • 'Zedd 2012/07/01 18:59:31
  • OneLast... 'Zedd 2012/07/01 19:30:57
  • Brother Bo 2012/07/01 18:56:01
    Mitt Romney
    Brother Bo
    +2
    It couldn't be Obama... He just endorsed and invited an alien invasion.
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/07/01 18:50:07
  • Tom Camfield 2012/07/01 18:48:02
    Barack Obama
    Tom Camfield
    +2
    But this question has a nasty double entendre. It's outer space we're talking about, right--and not any other form of "alien?"
  • OneLast... Tom Cam... 2012/07/01 19:32:23
    OneLastWord
    Funny.
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/07/01 18:40:15
    Mitt Romney
    Jorge Enriquez
  • Latti I... Jorge E... 2012/07/02 06:06:22
  • JuliaLoren 2012/07/01 18:31:04
    Barack Obama
    JuliaLoren
    +1
    policies and politics aside, the guy can talk, and has a nice smile, and i think that's all we really need is someone to talk nicely and be welcoming... our politics wont play much of a role at that point, we need to be more of a welcoming committee and figure out why they're here and act accordingly, then our politics will probably go crazy with other countries no matter who's in the hot seat
  • OneLast... JuliaLoren 2012/07/01 19:34:26 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    Hell, O-boner can't figure out what he's doing in the W.H. and how he got there.
    Neither can America.
  • ScottyG... JuliaLoren 2012/07/01 20:15:55
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Since they are intelligent aliens, any that land will leave immediately from the lack of available jobs.
  • JuliaLoren ScottyG... 2012/07/02 13:20:54
    JuliaLoren
    +1
    my job is hiring, 2 full time positions! come on in!
  • ScottyG... JuliaLoren 2012/07/02 15:11:38
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Thanks, but I retired at 50 after I sold my last business. I do consulting, but with the dems job killing over regulations, I refuse to start another business in this piss poor economic climate.
  • JuliaLoren ScottyG... 2012/07/02 15:38:12
    JuliaLoren
    im kinda sick of hearing people complain, lol, i mean, my job is hiring, i have a job, gas isnt bad, people are still going out (so they have money..), my city is BOOMING! (new stores and renovations everywhere)... 3 people at my work just got new cars..... i just dont see the point in blaming the "dems" for anything when i just dont see the supposed "huge" problems. I know things arent going to magically get better with a republican, so why point fingers? the president is just a scapegoat so the American people can blame someone else for their problems. Im sure if people stopped buying the products made in other countries (as much as possible), supported local businesses, worked hard at their jobs, raised their kids right (with some respect and class), and spend a little extra for that made in USA tag, we might not have all the problems we have.
  • ScottyG... JuliaLoren 2012/07/02 16:07:17
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Count your blessings. There are millions of people that would love to be in your situation. about 23 million under or unemployed.

The problem is the current admin. has made it hard for new businesses to start up. If you ran a business you would understand all the expenses involved in a start up. More govt regulations have made it difficult at best, impossible for some.

And the new Ozombiecare tax will put less in our pockets. Just another example of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.
  • JuliaLoren ScottyG... 2012/07/02 16:21:53
    JuliaLoren
    thats something unfortunately im ignorant of, i have never started a business, but my friend just started his own business last week! hes already got weeks worth of work! i just dont see the bad economy... we have people quitting at my work! if it was that bad, im sure they would stay! i guess im lucky, but i just dont see why anyone would blame the "dems" for a problem we've always had. unemployment goes up and down all the time, this time is no different... it will go up and down with the next pres just like it did with this one, and the one before him.....
  • ScottyG... JuliaLoren 2012/07/02 16:34:56
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    OH has a 7.5% unemployment rate. You are in the top 10 best states.

There are many states that have much worse numbers. And in the large cities the numbers are much higher. Like I said, count your blessings.

And this does not include the underemployed or those who stopped looking.

45 SOUTH CAROLINA 9.1
    46 NEW JERSEY 9.2
    47 DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 9.3
    48 NORTH CAROLINA 9.4
    49 CALIFORNIA 10.8
    50 RHODE ISLAND 11.0
    51 NEVADA 11.6
  • JuliaLoren ScottyG... 2012/07/02 18:42:13
    JuliaLoren
    +1
    i guess im lucky to live here, but i have a very tight community, and i think that helps out a lot, and i feel like its like that throughout a lot of ohio from what ive seen, which is why again i dont blame the gov't totally, i put some blame on consumers and communities. we have quite a bit of farmland, small stores, family owned businesses everywhere...
  • ScottyG... JuliaLoren 2012/07/02 18:45:11
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Yes, you are lucky!
  • Wyzard 2012/07/01 18:24:30
    Mitt Romney
    Wyzard
    +3
    barack is a alien
  • dave b 2012/07/01 18:18:20 (edited)
    Barack Obama
    dave b
    +1
    I'm sure those aliens would love to see the Bower in Chief get low for them. After that, Owebama would grant them amnesty and the keys to the entire earth.
  • FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/07/01 18:13:16
    Barack Obama
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +5
    Admittedly, any President would find this situation "challenging".

id4 white house gif

Happy July 4th!!!
  • OneLast... FeelHoo... 2012/07/01 19:36:51
    OneLastWord
    Hell, they wouldn't get anymore than they deserve.
  • Næthan ... FeelHoo... 2012/07/01 20:56:51 (edited)
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    Darn, I should have voted for Bill Pullman!!!

bill pullman independence day
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/07/01 18:08:16
    Mitt Romney
    Ron in Oregon
    +2
    We have to stop the aliens now after Obama gave them the right to come here for free medical services. They also get to be educated in our liberal schools.
    Oh by the way have you noticed that most of the aliens either speak Spanish or rap real good. LOL.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/07/01 18:02:55
    Mitt Romney
    Captain-Morgan
    +5
    We already know how Obama handles alien invasions.. Green card, free health care, food stamps, section 8 housing.. All in hopes they'll vote at the poll's in November.. If they were truly Aliens from outer space? we would have ACORN standing at the door of the craft registering them as Democrats, as Obama welcomes them...

2014/12/20 00:54:26