Which Do You Dislike More: Paying Taxes or Filling Tax Returns?

SodaHead News 2012/03/29 00:58:56
As the old adage goes, "nothing is certain but death and taxes." And we hate to bring up bad news, but the latter part of that certainty is almost upon us. April 15 is known for nothing more than "tax day." It's the day we're all supposed to get our paperwork together, submit our documents, and only hope for a substantial amount of cash back in return. And it's around the corner.

But hey, there has to be a bright side to doing your taxes, right? Are you looking forward to a big refund? Or maybe you just like knowing that you're performing your patriotic duties as a U.S. citizen. Whatever the case, we'd love to know more about your opinion on taxes. Take our six-question Tax Survey. Hey, it's better than filling out those documents, right?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/tax-survey/

• C. C. R... Oscar L... 2012/04/03 12:06:48
    C. C. Rider
    Yea, Reagen and Arnie agre with you. Those Hollywood 1 % types should never run for any gov't position. LMAO Glad you picked up on that person is a racist with out a pic. Seems cons are getting more educated on what they are all about. Thanks

reagan http://assets.libsyn.com/cont...
  • Adakin ... C. C. R... 2012/04/03 18:15:12
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    How about an alternative: http://www.fairtax.org/site/P...
  • C. C. R... Adakin ... 2012/04/03 18:16:38
    C. C. Rider
    There is no alternative once Bush/Cheney have made their millions off the dead Americans then jail.
  • Adakin ... C. C. R... 2012/04/03 19:04:51
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    CCR, you really need to try to follow the topic of this thread... the discussion is taxes, and the FairTax is a far superior collection system to the one supported by both the Dems and the RINOs .... that's why it is so difficult to get passed into law.

The Republicrats and the Demopublicans are both on a power quest. The FairTax would be the largest return of power back to the people. It takes away their favorite tool to use against their political enemies and the tool used to reward their crony pals.

The FairTax would create jobs, completely untax the poor from federal taxation, provide a path to wealth and prosparity by rewarding those that work hard, invest and save while getting burdensome complexity and expense out of our way.

It gives you back your privacy while allowing you the freedom to choose... when, where and how much tax you pay fro the government you want.

With an income tax, your money is SEIZED!

With the FairTax, your money is PAID.

Yes "Dear" there is an alternative to the current system...
  • C. C. R... Adakin ... 2012/04/03 22:24:53
    C. C. Rider
    LMAO the topic is about paying or filling taxes. I don't mind paying my taxes. I just hate the paperwork. That was my opinion. THAT is YOUR opinion. IT did not ask how to CHANGE TAXES DEAR> LMAO
  • Adakin ... C. C. R... 2012/04/04 03:02:42
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Then you should support the FairTax where you don't file ANY paperwork and April 15th is just another nice spring day. You would pay your taxes every time you go through a check out as the FairTax is a national sales tax that replaces the entire tax code.
  • C. C. R... Adakin ... 2012/04/05 15:52:11
    C. C. Rider
    I will look into it. Thanks
  • Nonpart... C. C. R... 2012/04/03 20:06:52
    Nonpartisan
    You should not even have to fill out any forms OR pay any taxes except for a VERY Small Real Time Tax when ever you make a transaction which would be handled automatically just as Sales Taxes are.

Please support my Campaign at the address below:

http://www.americanselect.org...

The whole tax system is more of a Tax Shell Game and terribly out of date. Among other things, It should have been scraped and replaced with the system that I have proposed many years ago. Take a look at my "Bio" page above and encourage anyone you know, who is old enough to vote, to sign onto the Web Site, and Support my Campaign and maybe, when we are sucessfull, soon there will be no "Tax Day" on April 15th. Time is very important, there are only 34 days from 3 April 2012 until the first vote for the AmericansElect Nomination, and they want each Declared Candidate to have 5,000 Support Clicks from each of 10 States by 6 May 2012, I need ALL of your Support. Thank you. Also please Follow me on Twitter @NonPartisanPres

I am Dwight Smith and I approve this message.
  • C. C. R... Nonpart... 2012/04/03 22:25:41
    C. C. Rider
    PLEASE go to a blog that askes how would you change TAXES. LOL
  • Nonpart... C. C. R... 2012/04/04 01:56:25
    Nonpartisan
    I apologize, when a question is asked about Taxes ANYWHERE I answer it By asking for support for REAL tax reform not just on blogs that nobody sees.
  • ♥K14 2012/04/02 11:25:21
    Paying Taxes
    ♥K14
    Although I don't do either...
  • James 2012/04/02 04:05:21
    Paying Taxes
    James
    Filing tax returns are quite easy. There's a whole industry provided to us both in the individual user as well as commercial-grade software that allows us to do this without much trouble. It takes me on average 10 minutes to prepare someone's taxes. However, I have a system in place where everything gets automatically loaded to where I need it to be.
  • lauren dull 2012/04/02 03:57:01
    Filing Tax Returns
    lauren dull
    It has become such a pain in the butt. I can no longer do my own so I pay someone to do them, but i did my own in the past before the government made it impossible.
  • mae 2012/04/02 02:39:00
    Paying Taxes
    mae
    As they say...payback is a bi$#h.
  • twocrows 2012/04/02 01:24:45
    Paying Taxes
    twocrows
    when I was working, I had a private practice with offices both in my home and off-premises. I spent weekends doing paperwork.
    and, at tax time, I paid a woman to figure out my Schedule A and my Schedule C and my 1099 and all that stuff. just pulling together all the records was a royal pain in the a**. left to my own devices, I would have gotten it all SO wrong.

now that I'm retired, I file 1040-EZ.
    so, paying taxes has always been more difficult, for me, than filling out the forms.

but, of course, Oliver Wendell Holmes was right. a society worth having has to be paid for. so I pay up with a smile.
    no, that's not a grimace, it's a smile! I swear!
  • ATM 2012/04/01 21:29:56
    Paying Taxes
    ATM
    It's an American ideology to partake in your Countrys welfare to some extant...
  • Maddog 2012/04/01 21:06:59
    Paying Taxes
    Maddog
    I can think of no reason why the tax code should be as complicated as it is! Without the use of programs such as Turbo Tax, it would be impossible for the average person to do their own taxes.
  • Nonpart... Maddog 2012/04/03 20:08:13
    Nonpartisan
    +1

http://www.americanselect.org...

Paying Taxes
    +1
    Especially since I am in the half who is paying them and being told that I am not fair.
  • gracemarie.collins 2012/04/01 15:04:40
    Paying Taxes
    gracemarie.collins
    +1
    Our existing system is broke. It does not work for We The People. It does benefit lots of power hungry, career politicians. They spend all their time tweaking the massive tax code that even they don't understand. The Fair Tax HR 25 is a simple, fair and transparent tax replacement plan backed by over 20 million dollars of sound research. It has plenty of sponsors in congress by politicians who truly represent us! Please check out The Fair Tax www.fairtax.org
  • 3052457 2012/04/01 14:27:52
  • gracema... 3052457 2012/04/01 15:07:00
    gracemarie.collins
    +2
    No more complicated tax returns with the Fair Tax. All tax collected at the retail level when you purchase new goods or services. April 15 is just another day and the IRS goes away!
  • gracema... gracema... 2012/04/01 15:07:31
    gracemarie.collins
    +1
    www.fairtax.org Check it out!
  • 3052457 gracema... 2012/04/01 15:08:31
  • Adakin ... 3052457 2012/04/03 18:21:07
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Crypt, according to the group 'Americans for Fair Taxation' there are a half dozen other countries that are examining the FairTax as a reform for their tax code. They want tocreate jobs and reduce the high collection costs associated with an "income" tax system. Unfortunately, the UK is not one of the 6 or 7 nations looking at this viable alternative.
  • 3052457 Adakin ... 2012/04/03 18:30:48
  • Adakin ... gracema... 2012/04/03 18:18:40
  • Nonpart... gracema... 2012/04/03 20:10:42
    Nonpartisan
    I am with you on everything EXCEPT your support for the Absurd Tax, which is badly misrepresented by calling it a fair tax. Even my University Economics Professor would gag at that ridiculous plan being called fair. He said very accurately that ANY tax which taxes at the Extreme tax rates that the Absurd Tax does is extremely UnFair to everyone and Highly Inappropriate from the point of view of Good Economics. I strongly agree with him I got an A+ in Economics.
  • Nonpart... 3052457 2012/04/03 20:09:22
    Nonpartisan

http://www.americanselect.org...

• 3052457 Nonpart... 2012/04/03 23:05:08
  • Nonpart... 3052457 2012/04/04 01:58:03
    Nonpartisan
    You are lucky, according to my parents who traveled there you have a much better Health Care system than we do also. The figures that I saw from the World Health Organization say the the USA is 37th in quality and first in cost of Health Care, and that is terrible.
  • 3052457 Nonpart... 2012/04/04 02:11:33
  • niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20 2012/04/01 14:10:52
    Paying Taxes
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    They are not separated, unless you plal Russian Rullette and don't pay them.
  • Somchay Chong 2012/04/01 12:54:13
    Filing Tax Returns
    Somchay Chong
    +3
    I don't mind paying taxes as long as our money is being use efficiently to protect our way of life. They need to fix the method of collecting my money so that we don't devote so much time to pay the taxes. Having say I am willing to pay taxes does not mean I want government to take 100% of what I make either. 23% is a fair amount I am willing to help contribute to the country's well being. Something like the FairTax will be easy and we all pay into what we can afford. What I can afford after 23%, then I will donate to charities of my choosing.
  • Nonpart... Somchay... 2012/04/03 20:14:54
    Nonpartisan

http://www.americanselect.org...

The whole tax system is more of a Tax Shell Game and terribly out of date. Among other things, It should have been scraped and replaced with the system that I have proposed many years ago. Take a look at my "Bio" page above and encourage anyone you know, who is old enough to vote, to sign onto the Web Site, and Support my Campaign
  • TasselLady 2012/04/01 12:50:33
    Paying Taxes
    TasselLady
    +1
    Especially to a government which squanders everything we give them on frivolous crap.
  • Kat ♪.B... TasselLady 2012/04/01 13:39:01
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +1
    Too true all this BS over Obamacare, but not a word about the so called research money we send overseas. Trillions of dollars to research Aids in Gay prostitue males in Vietnam and teaching Chinese hookers to drink responsibly, many others. What are they thinking, or are they paying off the Vietnamese & Chinese governments under the guise of research? The Obama vacationarama, they never seem to quit with the billion dollar vacations. Money to states for grants when people have told them whatever they are funding isn't going to work as intended. Totally stupid government waste, fraud, abuse and greed. If they quit wasting money for a week the national debt would go down and we could cut taxes and increase services.
  • TasselLady Kat ♪.B... 2012/04/01 13:42:59
    TasselLady
    +1
    Oh yeah, that too. That's what I mean by FRIVOLOUS SPENDING. That money could be spent here for people who need it. We're supposed to help our own first and then shell out to others. But then why do we bother shelling it out to other people when all they do is laugh at us and screw us right and left??? It's time for America to wake up and stop being a cash cow we can't afford to be for every other country out there. I'm sick of this government. They need to remove congress and start over. But Americans would rather whine and cry than become part of the solution.
  • Mark 2012/04/01 12:08:32
    Filing Tax Returns
    Mark
    +2
    Drives me nuts every 3 months. Thats why I get an accountant to do it for me
  • Nonpart... Mark 2012/04/03 20:15:11
    Nonpartisan

http://www.americanselect.org...

2014/04/19 14:59:42