When it Comes to Dating, is the Third Time a Charm?

jt 2010/01/23 16:51:12
I meant...it can be same person for the third time/third person. Have a gr8 day... jt

• claptonluvr 2010/01/23 17:11:21
    claptonluvr
    +4
    It's funny you should ask about the third time being the charm.......I am in love for the third time in my almost 40 years. But this time, it is completely different. Looking back on other relationships I realize that I may never have actually been "in love" though I thought I was at the time. Comparing those relationships to what I have now is like comparing a kitten with a Tiger!!!!! So yes.....I believe the third time IS the charm!

• cf123 2010/02/01 07:51:14
    cf123
    +2
    No way you should take someone back a third time, twice is too many times, this is bound to fail. If its the third person however, it could work out.
  • Tora 2010/01/31 01:42:03
    Tora
    not for me, they only get one more chance if they jack up.
    after that, nope! because they more than likely said, " please take me back, i swear i will change" and then they go and do the same thing that you broke up for in the first place, or something wayyy worse...
  • chey&chris 2010/01/25 14:48:23
    chey&chris
    im with my boyfriend for the third time. i hope its a charm because he says he's really serious about things this time. we were together february 13, 2009 to april 15, 2009 then september 5, 2009 to october 5, 2009. now from december 30, 2009 recent. i love him i really do and we never really stopped talking we just thought we should see other people to make sure we knew we were right together. like... if you love something let it go if it comes back it was yours if it doesnt it never was... totally true
  • Karen 2010/01/24 21:21:52
    Karen
    NOT for ME. I feel cursed. I pick the wrong type. I have tried several times since 5 years after my divorce to not choose wrong, but I end up doing it anyway. I'm living with my cat only now. Been divorced since 1989.
    Hmm ...

hard one to answer .. since I've not had a date in such a very long time (nor have I been asked out either).
  • ☆Starli ™ 2010/01/24 11:49:26
    ☆Starli ™
    +2
    I thought so at one time. From experience, I have to say No! There's as much of a chance, if not more, that the 3rd relationship will crash as well, whether it's with the same person or not!
  • NeeSox 2010/01/24 06:37:25
    NeeSox
    +2
    i sure hope so lol
  • Ace~Mr.Giantess~ 2010/01/24 04:49:19 (edited)
    Ace~Mr.Giantess~
    +2
    My giant GF Aly was the 3rd person I liked on here and I've liked her for much longer and much more than anyone else.
  • FencerCat 2010/01/24 03:52:10
    FencerCat
    +2
    Well, I'm not sure if I'm answering what you're asking, but I've had guys dump me and if they asked for a second chance, I often gave them one, but I never gave a third chance... I do eventually learn from my mistakes.
  • tallChristian 2010/01/24 02:43:35
    tallChristian
    +2
    Maybe, because whoever is next for me would be my third girlfriend and maybe we can make the altar this time.
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2010/01/24 01:26:17
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +2
    I wouldn't know. It's been nearly twenty years since I dated.
  • rejimaru 2010/01/24 00:09:55
    rejimaru
    +2
    yes, I've learned more about relationships and from my mistakes.

one rule i learned: never lower your standards.
  • αυвzzz☣ßαmf☣►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +2
    Interestingly enough this is my 3rd time in love and actually it feels different then the 2 times before. This feels real. I don't really know how to describe it.
  • san 2010/01/23 22:18:33
    san
    +2
    Do you mean going a date with the same person for a third time? If so, it should be instant because if did not work on the first date I would not go on the second let alone third date.

But if you mean, going out with a third guy after trying two others, it depends on the chemistry.
  • King Cenwulf 2010/01/23 21:40:37
    King Cenwulf
    +2
    3rd time lucky for me.
  • stargazer 2010/01/23 21:31:19
  • Flaka 2010/01/23 21:04:24
  • Jello 2010/01/23 20:51:04
  • Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012 2010/01/23 20:40:35
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +2
    Well since you specified "Dating" and not "Marriage" I'm uncertain as to your intent?

A man could look at that question and think of the contemporary adage of, her needing to put-out by the third date, or she's gone! How charming?

If you are referring to romance, which the woman-folk herein, appear to take from your question... I'll rely on my own romantic side, and respond...

"Charm" can come at any time. Few get it right the first time, and I personally believe, unless you guess right the first time... then you will learn and grow in your filtering. The mate you might choose, as a teen or twenty-something, most likely would be held to a different set of standards, from a person forged from the mileage of the wrong relationship, and/or one missing the qualities you have learned to require, as you learn of yourself.

There are distinct passages in life. And with each milestone achieved, your wants and needs can and will evolve, or take a dramatic turn. This can cause the best relationships, of any duration, to have someone hit a wall.

Life is short, and the vows and commitments, once made, can lose their meaning in the face of a life falsely lived. Being true to yourself, becomes the overriding impulse, against more traditional values.

Forever... is a romantic notion....

Forever... is a romantic notion. While it's certainly doable... it is not without hurdles and roadblocks. Commitment is a choice! Monogamy is a choice. The person who inspires these choices in us, can be anyone at anytime. The "Charm" is what you build with your mate, based on the commonalities you share and encourage. It's those commonalities that will usually tip the scale.

First time... eighth time... you will hopefully learn and apply... the next time!
  • swimminggirl09 2010/01/23 20:25:55
    swimminggirl09
    +2
    well dating one person three times maybe but the third guy no haha
  • Rachel 2010/01/23 19:40:09
    Rachel
    +2
    Maybe it depends on the guy.XD

Peace and Love
  • Pele Emerging 2010/01/23 19:28:45
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    I don't think there is any set number or anything for the 'charm' so to speak. I think that there must be some shared interests, values, and a willingness to accept another's faults, but not settle, if get the difference. Finally, there must be a willingness by both people to put the work into the relationship that's necessary. One person can neither fix nor continue a relationship if the other person is not willing to put any effort into it.
  • Shelly 2010/01/23 19:18:57
    Shelly
    +2
    yes. it is.
  • Arky in Y'shua 2010/01/23 18:53:55
    Arky in Y'shua
    +1
    Is it with the same person on the same night??
  • sarah 2010/01/23 18:31:02
    sarah
    +2
    the third what date? person? what?
  • Chrissy592 2010/01/23 18:01:33
    Chrissy592
    +2
    I don't think it is "number time" that makes the charm. I think it is more about the one you are with that makes it the charm. I know couples who found their charm on the first try, and my mother is still looking for her charm after the fourth try. It is all about being happy with the one you are with.
  • claptonluvr 2010/01/23 17:11:21
    claptonluvr
    +4
  • anrew64 clapton... 2013/12/30 18:33:36
    anrew64
    +3
    I'd disagree there it is only you that falls in love, that the other person... if they do as well that is really something. Those feelings fade. So when it comes around it's better to have loved than to never have at all.
  • Mary ♥ 2010/01/23 17:05:59
    Mary ♥
    +2
    depends on the person.
  • CalKnight 2010/01/23 17:03:59
    CalKnight
    +2
    I'm with wife number three...and we just had our 11th anniversary. Works for me!!
  • wombat 2010/01/23 17:03:08
    wombat
    +2
    First or never.
  • Lildaisy 2010/01/23 16:59:32
    Lildaisy
    +2
    ??? Umm... No yes idk? Lol! never dated at all before!
    (User did not leave an answer)
  • Punk 2010/01/23 16:58:35
    Punk
    +2
    not all the time i dated a dude 6 times & trust me im not goin back
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2010/01/23 16:56:32
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    The first time usually did it for me. I don't know for sure about the other persons.
  • woody 2010/01/23 16:53:59
    woody
    +2
    If you made it to the third time, you have done some thing right!!!
  • XxCupcakesRAWRxX 2010/01/23 16:53:46
    XxCupcakesRAWRxX
    +2
    I think it's all in your mind... my lover came to me the second time... ^_^

2014/07/31 03:08:10