What's Your Birth Flower?

Leo --Name Subject 2 Change-- 2010/02/16 11:42:21
My Birth Flower is...
Not interested....
August - Gladiolus
Gladiolus is a striking, bold, and wonderful specimen in the garden and as cut flowers. Named for the shape of their leaves from the Latin word "gladius," meaning sword, Gladioli (plural) come in a range of colors including pink, salmon, white, yellow, orange and crimson. They symbolize strength and moral integrity, and also infatuation. It is said that a bouquet with Gladioli conveys to a recipient that they pierce the giver's heart with passion.
So dude. if your lady is born in August, these are the flowers to get her. *wink wink*

Read More: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1308/

• *BIGGUMS* 2010/02/16 11:57:27
    My Birth Flower is...
    *BIGGUMS*
    +8
    December - Paper white Narcissus ( i remember the story about Narcissus not a good one lol)

Legend states that after Narcissus died, Apollo turned him into the flower narcissus. The Narcissus, when gifted, is a symbol that the recipient is sweet. The flower also represents respect, modesty, and faithfulness. Paper whites grow from bulbs and are easily forced indoors, which is why they are commonly given as gifts in December. The blossoms are elegantly, yet strongly fragrant and generally come in white.

forced indoors commonly gifts december blossoms elegantly fragrant generally white

• Speechless ☜Angelf... 2010/02/17 02:09:17
    Speechless
    +2
    I really love talking to people on here too! Seriously, you and all my other friends on here are amazing. I'm really glad you didn't leave.
  • ☜Angelf... Speechless 2010/02/17 02:13:08
    ☜AngelfromMars☞
    +2
    Awww, thanks. ///.^ I dunno HOW long I'll be here either though. =( Sumtimes I don't last with this stuff. I only got internet about a week b4 my B-day last year (12/4/09 *Internet*) and I usually don't last long. =( I hope I do though. ///.^ it'd be great. ///.^
  • Speechless ☜Angelf... 2010/02/17 02:16:56
    Speechless
    +2
    You're welcome. :)
  • ☜Angelf... Speechless 2010/02/17 02:18:06
  • Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius) 2010/02/16 23:56:32
    My Birth Flower is...
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +2
    Image

December - Paperwhite Narcissus

Legend states that after Narcissus died, Apollo turned him into the flower narcissus. The Narcissus, when gifted, is a symbol that the recipient is sweet. The flower also represents respect, modesty, and faithfulness. Paperwhites grow from bulbs and are easily forced indoors, which is why they are commonly given as gifts in December. The blossoms are elegantly, yet strongly fragrant and generally come in white.
  • Autumn 2010/02/16 23:51:47 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    Autumn
    +3
    September for me :)

The language of flowers developed during the highly conservative period of the Victorian era. The Victorians were strongly restricted by the rules of etiquette when it was considered totally inappropriate to express feelings of love or affection. The "Language of Flowers" therefore evolved when a message was assigned to specific flower such as the Aster. A lover could then send flowers which conveyed a hidden romantic meaning.

The Meaning of the September Birth Flower, the Aster

The meaning of the September Birth Flower, the Aster is Love, Faith, Wisdom and symbolizes Valor.

The Hidden message of September Birth Flower, the Aster

The hidden message of the Birth Flower, the aster, so favored during the Victorian era was "Take care of yourself for me".(So sweet)

Colors of the Aster

The colors of the September Birth Flower, the Aster, include the following:

*

Pink

*

Red

*

White

*

Lilac

*

Mauve
  • nini 2010/02/16 23:50:58
  • Emoboys_fo_eva! 2010/02/16 23:40:15
    My Birth Flower is...
    Emoboys_fo_eva!
    +3
    September - Aster
  • tina 2010/02/16 23:39:43
    My Birth Flower is...
    tina
    +3
    September - Aster

Aster is a sign of fall as sure as the changing leaves. The flower stands for patience and daintiness and the word "aster" comes from the Latin for star. There are many different varieties of asters from New England to Stokes, which provide beautiful, daisy-like blooms on foliage that can range from 6 inches to 4 feet tall. beautiful daisy-like blooms foliage range 6 inches 4 feet tall
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2010/02/16 23:36:56
    My Birth Flower is...
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    +2
    April - Daisy

No flower emits such joy and light as the daisy. Most sources site the Gerbera daisy as the "real" April daisy, but a gardener knows that there are many other daisies that will brighten a person's day, or month, just as well.

Shasta, African, Marguerite, English, Gloriosa and paper daisies are all cheerful symbols of April's season. Gerbera daisies in particular make excellent cut flowers and come in an assortment of beautiful colors. Sweet peas are also known as the birth flower of April. cut flowers assortment beautiful colors sweet peas birth flower april

Cute...
  • YourKnifeMyBackMyGunYourHead 2010/02/16 23:36:17
    My Birth Flower is...
    YourKnifeMyBackMyGunYourHead
    +3
    July is a Larkspur never heard of it but its purple so its cool hahaha birth flower july larkspur heard purple cool hahaha birth flower july larkspur heard purple cool hahaha
  • GeorgieNeedsHerMusic 2010/02/16 23:30:11
    My Birth Flower is...
    GeorgieNeedsHerMusic
    +3
    March - Daffodil

Daffodils have the meaning of rebirth, respect, regard and unrequited love. There are many different varieties available of daffodils from double peach forms (right) to the classic white with yellow, trumpeted centers (left). Daffodils are grown from bulbs and emerge in spring as a welcome harbinger of warmer weather. In England, the daffodil is known as the "Lent Lily" because it blooms during the period of lent from the Christian faith.
  • My Birth Flower is...
    αυвzzz☣ßαmf☣►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +2
    July - Larkspur

Larkspur is a lesser known flower that represents July. It has the meaning of levity and open heartedness. Larkspur usually refers to the multitude of cultivated annual delphiniums. Generally, larkspurs are deep, bright blue but can also be found in red, white, pink and lavender. Larkspur in the garden makes an excellent background border plant since it grows up to four feet tall and also serves as a great cut flower for fresh arrangements.
    http://foothillproduceandflow...
  • Mrs. T 2010/02/16 23:25:47
    My Birth Flower is...
    Mrs. T
    +3
    birth flower

August is Gladiolas
  • Triple T's in love wit Twil... 2010/02/16 23:25:01 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    Triple T's in love wit Twilight
    +3
    September - Aster
  • Rangiku 2010/02/16 23:15:39
    My Birth Flower is...
    Rangiku
    +3
    January - Carnation

Carnations have been cultivated for 2,000 years and are still popular in many different cultures around the world. They are not only the most cultivated plant in the floriculture industry worldwide, but carnations are the bright and cheery symbol of January birthdays. The word carnation is derived from the Greek words that mean "flower of the gods." While the Latin derived genus, Dianthus, means "divine flower." derived greek flower gods latin derived genus dianthus divine flower
  • Absynthe, Lady of Snakes 2010/02/16 23:13:50
    My Birth Flower is...
    Absynthe, Lady of Snakes
    +3
    May - Lily of the Valley

Lily of the Valley means humility, chastity, sweetness and purity. This graceful mid-spring bloomer is fragrant and virtually carefree.

Lily of the valley is traditionally treasured in bridal bouquets for its white, bell shaped flowers, heavenly scent, and its longevity when cut.

bridal bouquets white bell shaped flowers heavenly scent longevity cut

• ThEternalSinner™ 2010/02/16 23:06:48
    My Birth Flower is...
    ThEternalSinner™
    +3
    birth flower

October - Pot Marigold

Pot marigolds historically stand for "winning grace," and are also cited to represent sorrow or sympathy. They are sometimes referred to as summer's bride because the blooms follow the path of the sun through the sky.

Pot marigolds are a colorful, easy to grow annual. It is effortless to start them from seed and they provide a bright, yellow or orange spot in the garden throughout the summer.
  • Courtney Michelle <3 2010/02/16 22:56:38
    My Birth Flower is...
    Courtney Michelle <3
    +3
    November - Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemums stand for compassion, friendship, and secret love. They come in an assortment of colors from white to yellow to deep red. Also known as mums, these perennials are the classic fall blooming flower. Their cheery colors and full daisy-like blooms will persist through freezing temperatures. Interestingly, chrysanthemums are the national flower of Japan and symbolize the Japanese emperor.
  • ginger20037 2010/02/16 22:49:26
    My Birth Flower is...
    ginger20037
    +3
    March - Daffodil
    Daffodils have the meaning of rebirth, respect, regard and unrequited love. There are many different varieties available of daffodils from double peach forms to the classic white with yellow, trumpeted centers. Daffodils are grown from bulbs and emerge in spring as a welcome harbinger of warmer weather. In England, the daffodil is known as the "Lent Lily" because it blooms during the period of lent from the Christian faith.

weather england daffodil lent lily blooms period lent christian faith (double peach form)
    lent lily blooms period lent christian faith double peach form (classic)
  • g!anna 2010/02/16 22:46:42
    My Birth Flower is...
    g!anna
    +3
    July - Larkspur

border plant grows feet tall serves cut flower fresh arrangements
  • scarybunny 2010/02/16 22:22:28
    My Birth Flower is...
    scarybunny
    +3
    August - Gladiolus

Gladiolus is a striking, bold, and wonderful specimen in the garden and as cut flowers. Named for the shape of their leaves from the Latin word "gladius," meaning sword, Gladioli (plural) come in a range of colors including pink, salmon, white, yellow, orange and crimson. They symbolize strength and moral integrity, and also infatuation. It is said that a bouquet with Gladioli conveys to a recipient that they pierce the giver's heart with passion
  • ILOVEHERMIONE! 2010/02/16 22:14:07
    My Birth Flower is...
    ILOVEHERMIONE!
    +3
    Larkspur or Water Lilly - July
  • TheDeadAreLiving 2010/02/16 22:03:02 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    TheDeadAreLiving
    +4
    April - Daisy

Shasta, African, Marguerite, English, Gloriosa and paper daisies are all cheerful symbols of April's season. Gerbera daisies in particular make excellent cut flowers and come in an assortment of beautiful colors. Sweet peas are also known as the birth flower of April.
    cut flowers assortment beautiful colors sweet peas birth flower april
  • †Markie(So Glad For The Mad... 2010/02/16 21:27:09
    My Birth Flower is...
    †Markie(So Glad For The Maddness)†
    +3
    February - Iris

Irises stand for faith, hope, and wisdom. For a gardener, these words might have special significance in February; Faith that spring will come, hope that it will be prosperous and early, and wisdom for a better kept garden.

February is a month of romance and iris is a fitting symbol. Because irises come in so many different colors, ranging from white to deep purple, it can take on disparate moods and emotions. Other historic references to Iris: she was the Greek goddess of the rainbow, and the Fleur de Lis is a stylized version of the iris. Alternate sources site violet as the birth flower of February.
  • Shawna 2010/02/16 21:14:10
    My Birth Flower is...
    Shawna
    +2
    rose-describes me quite well sweet but thorny:)
  • Leo --N... Shawna 2010/02/17 08:21:44
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    :D
  • lotta' cats 2010/02/16 21:01:41
    My Birth Flower is...
    lotta' cats
    +4
    Iris. I think it's a pretty flower.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2010/02/16 20:35:04 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    12 Tone Melody
    +4
    April - Daisy

• Tiffany hater!!!!! 2010/02/16 20:22:03
    My Birth Flower is...
    Tiffany hater!!!!!
    +4
    July - Larkspur

• Amy ...AKA Dudess 2010/02/16 20:03:52
    My Birth Flower is...
    Amy ...AKA Dudess
    +3
    July - Larkspur

• chrystal97 2010/02/16 19:59:35
    My Birth Flower is...
    chrystal97
    +3
    January - Carnation

Carnations have been cultivated for 2,000 years and are still popular in many different cultures around the world. They are not only the most cultivated plant in the floriculture industry worldwide, but carnations are the bright and cheery symbol of January birthdays. The word carnation is derived from the Greek words that mean "flower of the gods." While the Latin derived genus, Dianthus, means "divine flower."

Carnations can be dyed any color, which makes them adaptable to many circumstances, but their attributed meaning is pride, beauty, fascination, love and distinction.

This is garbage--there are no carnations in January--except those in greenhouses., and in tropical climates.
  • hailey b :) 2010/02/16 19:26:11
    My Birth Flower is...
    hailey b :)
    +1
    September - Aster

Aster is a sign of fall as sure as the changing leaves. The flower stands for patience and daintiness and the word "aster" comes from the Latin for star. There are many different varieties of asters from New England to Stokes, which provide beautiful, daisy-like blooms on foliage that can range from 6 inches to 4 feet tall.

beautiful daisy-like blooms foliage range 6 inches 4 feet tall
  • PanicSwitch 2010/02/16 19:18:27
    My Birth Flower is...
    PanicSwitch
    +2
    birth flower

August - Gladiolus

• Leo --N... PanicSw... 2010/02/17 08:22:49
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    nice flower. lol :D
  • Soccercb 2010/02/16 19:17:41
    My Birth Flower is...
    Soccercb
    +3
    May - Lily of the Valley

That's cute :) And interesting, thank you for the link :)
    bell shaped flowers heavenly scent longevity cut cute interesting link
  • MovingViolation^ 2010/02/16 18:59:10
    My Birth Flower is...
    MovingViolation^
    +2
    Daffodil...march :p
  • Queen B 2010/02/16 18:49:22
    My Birth Flower is...
    Queen B
    +2
    roses, but they're really not even my favorite flower. I hate the smell of roses because it's too strong. I'd rather have a bouquet of scarlet carnations or a mixed bouquet.
  • slaaaave 2010/02/16 18:40:56
    My Birth Flower is...
    slaaaave
    +1

February is a month of romance and iris is a fitting symbol. Because irises come in so many different colors, ranging from white to deep purple, it can take on disparate moods and emotions. Other historic references to Iris: she was the Greek goddess of the rainbow, and the Fleur de Lis is a stylized version of the iris. Alternate sources site violet as the birth flower of February
  • Norma 2010/02/16 18:25:17
    My Birth Flower is...
    Norma
    +2
    Rose...Yellow is my favorite

2014/07/26 11:14:04