What's Your Birth Flower?

Leo --Name Subject 2 Change-- 2010/02/16 11:42:21
My Birth Flower is...
Not interested....
August - Gladiolus
Gladiolus is a striking, bold, and wonderful specimen in the garden and as cut flowers. Named for the shape of their leaves from the Latin word "gladius," meaning sword, Gladioli (plural) come in a range of colors including pink, salmon, white, yellow, orange and crimson. They symbolize strength and moral integrity, and also infatuation. It is said that a bouquet with Gladioli conveys to a recipient that they pierce the giver's heart with passion.
So dude. if your lady is born in August, these are the flowers to get her. *wink wink*

Read More: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1308/

• *BIGGUMS* 2010/02/16 11:57:27
    My Birth Flower is...
    *BIGGUMS*
    +8
    December - Paper white Narcissus ( i remember the story about Narcissus not a good one lol)

Legend states that after Narcissus died, Apollo turned him into the flower narcissus. The Narcissus, when gifted, is a symbol that the recipient is sweet. The flower also represents respect, modesty, and faithfulness. Paper whites grow from bulbs and are easily forced indoors, which is why they are commonly given as gifts in December. The blossoms are elegantly, yet strongly fragrant and generally come in white.

forced indoors commonly gifts december blossoms elegantly fragrant generally white

• cheyenne 2011/04/26 18:29:26
    My Birth Flower is...
    cheyenne
    +1
    so cool i forgot to giggle
  • jacktown kid 2010/04/01 19:54:02
    My Birth Flower is...
    jacktown kid
    +1
    Pot Marigold
  • Marlicat 2010/02/28 23:36:37
    My Birth Flower is...
    Marlicat
    +1
    I'm roses and pearls.
  • love_sucks_13 2010/02/23 23:13:16
    My Birth Flower is...
    love_sucks_13
    +1
    Pot Marigold - historically stand for "winning grace," and are also cited to represent sorrow or sympathy. They are sometimes referred to as summer's bride because the blooms follow the path of the sun through the sky.

Pot marigolds are a colorful, easy to grow annual. It is effortless to start them from seed and they provide a bright, yellow or orange spot in the garden throughout the summer. i dont like this flower :(
  • INA 2010/02/23 18:38:11
    My Birth Flower is...
    INA
    +1
    November - Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemums stand for compassion, friendship, and secret love. They come in an assortment of colors from white to yellow to deep red. Also known as mums, these perennials are the classic fall blooming flower. Their cheery colors and full daisy-like blooms will persist through freezing temperatures. Interestingly, chrysanthemums are the national flower of Japan and symbolize the Japanese emperor.
  • NeedleLuvsMJ 2010/02/21 00:46:32
    My Birth Flower is...
    NeedleLuvsMJ
    +1
    July - Larkspur

Larkspur is a lesser known flower that represents July. It has the meaning of levity and open heartedness. Larkspur usually refers to the multitude of cultivated annual delphiniums. Generally, larkspurs are deep, bright blue but can also be found in red, white, pink and lavender. Larkspur in the garden makes an excellent background border plant since it grows up to four feet tall and also serves as a great cut flower for fresh arrangements.
  • birdie1224 2010/02/20 23:36:58
    My Birth Flower is...
    birdie1224
    +1
    February - Iris birth flower february iris
  • My Birth Flower is...
    ♪♫Raiyn Van'RozienQuartz♫♪
    +1
    Carnation

Carnations have been cultivated for 2,000 years and are still popular in many different cultures around the world. They are not only the most cultivated plant in the floriculture industry worldwide, but carnations are the bright and cheery symbol of January birthdays. The word carnation is derived from the Greek words that mean "flower of the gods." While the Latin derived genus, Dianthus, means "divine flower."

Carnations can be dyed any color, which makes them adaptable to many circumstances, but their attributed meaning is pride, beauty, fascination, love and distinction. color adaptable circumstances attributed meaning pride beauty fascination love distinction
  • Sarah BN-0 2010/02/20 03:22:20
    My Birth Flower is...
    Sarah BN-0
    +1
    Paperwhite Narcissus
  • redneck woman 2010/02/20 02:49:49
    My Birth Flower is...
    redneck woman
    +1
    June - Rose

Roses might be the most recognizable flower around the world. Roses have many different meanings depending on the color when given in bouquets.

Red - conveys love to the recipient

Pink - does not have the passion of red roses, but still conveys the feelings of love

Dark pink - means gratitude

Light pink- conveys admiration or sympathy

White - illicits innocence, purity, secrecy and friendship

Yellow - stands for dying love or platonic love

Yellow with red tips - means friendship or falling in love

Burgundy - means beauty

Purple - means protection and maternal or paternal love

These specific color meanings of roses go back to Victorian times and are generally still accepted today. The rose as a birth flower stands for love and appreciation. Roses are a beloved garden plant and can be found around the world in cottage, native, and formal gardens alike.
  • jessiesgirl4463 2010/02/19 02:50:16
    My Birth Flower is...
    jessiesgirl4463
    +1
    May - Lily of the Valley

Lily of the Valley means humility, chastity, sweetness and purity. This graceful mid-spring bloomer is fragrant and virtually carefree.

Lily of the valley is traditionally treasured in bridal bouquets for its white, bell shaped flowers, heavenly scent, and its longevity when cut.
  • Eania 2010/02/18 21:13:21
    My Birth Flower is...
    Eania
    +1
    October,
    Pot Marigold.

Pot marigolds historically stand for "winning grace," and are also cited to represent sorrow or sympathy. They are sometimes referred to as summer's bride because the blooms follow the path of the sun through the sky.

Pot marigolds are a colorful, easy to grow annual. It is effortless to start them from seed and they provide a bright, yellow or orange spot in the garden throughout the summer.
  • Lily 2010/02/18 15:09:09
    Lily
    +1
    I'm not a "flower" kinda girl. =)
  • Leo --N... Lily 2010/02/19 06:40:42
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    oh well. thanks for coming. :D
  • Lily Leo --N... 2010/02/20 01:46:42
  • 1regmom 2010/02/18 06:19:51
    My Birth Flower is...
    1regmom
    +2
    Gladiolus-My fave ones are the purple ones.
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2010/02/18 04:47:42
    My Birth Flower is...
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +2
    Carnation

birth flower carnation
  • SeptemberRose&SunFlower'sMo... 2010/02/18 02:37:10
    My Birth Flower is...
    SeptemberRose&SunFlower'sMorning
    +2
    The Aster. September's birthflower.... I'm a september baby.
  • My Birth Flower is...
    〶♥*•.¸Echo Lullaby¸.•*♥〶
    +2
    April - Daisy

No flower emits such joy and light as the daisy. Most sources site the Gerbera daisy as the "real" April daisy, but a gardener knows that there are many other daisies that will brighten a person's day, or month, just as well.

Shasta, African, Marguerite, English, Gloriosa and paper daisies are all cheerful symbols of April's season. Gerbera daisies in particular make excellent cut flowers and come in an assortment of beautiful colors. Sweet peas are also known as the birth flower of April.

cut flowers assortment beautiful colors sweet peas birth flower april
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2010/02/17 22:51:20
    My Birth Flower is...
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    +2
    Interesting... that's also the national flower of Wales.

March - Daffodil

Daffodils have the meaning of rebirth, respect, regard and unrequited love. There are many different varieties available of daffodils from double peach forms (right) to the classic white with yellow, trumpeted centers (left). Daffodils are grown from bulbs and emerge in spring as a welcome harbinger of warmer weather. In England, the daffodil is known as the "Lent Lily" because it blooms during the period of lent from the Christian faith.
  • Leo --N... Nick~be... 2010/02/19 06:41:31
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    +1
    that is interesting.
  • Nikii 2010/02/17 22:15:50
    My Birth Flower is...
    Nikii
    +1
    February - Iris

Irises stand for faith, hope, and wisdom. For a gardener, these words might have special significance in February; Faith that spring will come, hope that it will be prosperous and early, and wisdom for a better kept garden.

February is a month of romance and iris is a fitting symbol. Because irises come in so many different colors, ranging from white to deep purple, it can take on disparate moods and emotions. Other historic references to Iris: she was the Greek goddess of the rainbow, and the Fleur de Lis is a stylized version of the iris. Alternate sources site violet as the birth flower of February. stylized version iris alternate sources site violet birth flower february
  • Dot 2010/02/17 21:40:39
    My Birth Flower is...
    Dot
    +2
    birth flower

May - Lily of the Valley

• kiwi Gurl 2010/02/17 21:37:49
    My Birth Flower is...
    kiwi Gurl
    +1
    June - Rose

birth flower june rose

Red - conveys love to the recipient

Dark pink - means gratitude

Burgundy - means beauty

• Munster 2010/02/17 21:21:36
    My Birth Flower is...
    Munster
    +1
    February - Iris

birth flower february iris

February is a month of romance and iris is a fitting symbol. Because irises come in so many different colors, ranging from white to deep purple, it can take on disparate moods and emotions. Other historic references to Iris: she was the Greek goddess of the rainbow, and the Fleur de Lis is a stylized version of the iris. Alternate sources site violet as the birth flower of February.
  • GreenDay+MCR=<3 2010/02/17 20:30:01
    My Birth Flower is...
    GreenDay+MCR=<3
    +1
    September - Aster

Aster is a sign of fall as sure as the changing leaves. The flower stands for patience and daintiness and the word "aster" comes from the Latin for star. There are many different varieties of asters from New England to Stokes, which provide beautiful, daisy-like blooms on foliage that can range from 6 inches to 4 feet tall.
  • dianamendoza09 2010/02/17 19:45:17
    dianamendoza09
    +1
    My birth flower is iris in February birth flower iris february
  • LudaHoodsZ 2010/02/17 19:38:00
    My Birth Flower is...
    LudaHoodsZ
    +1
    August - Gladiolus

• Leo --N... LudaHoodsZ 2010/02/19 06:41:52
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    nice :D
  • LudaHoodsZ Leo --N... 2010/02/22 14:07:56
    LudaHoodsZ
    +1
    august 2nd!!!
  • Leo --N... LudaHoodsZ 2010/02/27 07:01:00
    Leo --Name Subject 2 Change--
    14th! ^_^ even if u were my age youd still B older
  • redrose99 2010/02/17 19:34:40
    My Birth Flower is...
    redrose99
    +2
    carnation, i love them, they're gorgeous
  • Punk Rocker 2010/02/17 19:27:04
    My Birth Flower is...
    Punk Rocker
    +1
    June - Rose (probably explains why they are the only flowers I like)
    birth flower june rose explains flowers

but I whish that black roses were real (not just fake) flower june rose explains flowers whish black roses real fake
  • I Am Tessa 2010/02/17 19:26:45 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    I Am Tessa
    +1
    May - Lily of the Valley

• Megan 2010/02/17 14:55:02
    My Birth Flower is...
    Megan
    +1
    November - Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemums stand for compassion, friendship, and secret love. They come in an assortment of colors from white to yellow to deep red. Also known as mums, these perennials are the classic fall blooming flower. Their cheery colors and full daisy-like blooms will persist through freezing temperatures. Interestingly, chrysanthemums are the national flower of Japan and symbolize the Japanese emperor
  • kris 2010/02/17 14:52:46 (edited)
    My Birth Flower is...
    kris
    +2
    The rose, June baby :-)
    June - Rose

Red - conveys love to the recipient

Dark pink - means gratitude

Burgundy - means beauty

• Punk Ro... kris 2010/02/17 19:29:17
    Punk Rocker
    +2
    mine 2
  • Wör†h †hê Wå 2010/02/17 10:29:41
    My Birth Flower is...
    Wör†h †hê Wå
    +1
    January - Carnation

• Selkie 2010/02/17 07:45:07
    My Birth Flower is...
    Selkie
    +1
    November - Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemums stand for compassion, friendship, and secret love. They come in an assortment of colors from white to yellow to deep red. Also known as mums, these perennials are the classic fall blooming flower. Their cheery colors and full daisy-like blooms will persist through freezing temperatures. Interestingly, chrysanthemums are the national flower of Japan and symbolize the Japanese emperor. freezing temperatures interestingly chrysanthemums national flower japan symbolize japanese emperor freezing temperatures interestingly chrysanthemums national flower japan symbolize japanese emperor
  • zcberry 2010/02/17 07:12:38
    My Birth Flower is...
    zcberry

2014/10/25 10:18:53