What's wrong with this picture? Just another example of fraud.

TruBluTopaz 2012/03/08 14:52:52

This is appalling. I am so sick and tired of a vast lazy segment of our population believing they are magically entitled to free everything courtesy of government largesse. I hope they put this chick in jail

"Last fall, 24-year-old Amanda Clayton struck it big when she won $1 million playing the Michigan lottery. That’s life-changing. And in many ways, it was: she bought a new house and car. But in at least one way, it wasn’t: hidden cameras found she’s still using food stamps to pay for her meals.

WDIV-TV got a tip from a viewer saying Detroit resident Clayton — who took a $500,000 lump sum payment — was using the taxpayers to foot her food bill. So the station followed her. Sure enough, she was. And the reporter confronted her about it.

Lottery Winner Amanda Clayton Still on Food Stamps

“I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working,” Clayton, who gets $200 a month from the state, said when asked if she thought it was right. When asked if she thinks she has a “right” to the food stamp money, she said yes. “I mean, I kind of do.”

“I feel that it’s okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,” she added. “I have two houses.”

Amanda Clayton (Facebook via Christian Post)

And when asked if she would keep doing it until the state cuts her off, she admitted “yeah,“ adding things are ”hard.”

You can watch the high-quality video of the confrontation here,

And while the story and Clayton’s reaction may be mind-numbing, what she‘s doing isn’t illegal. But that could soon change in Michigan if one local politician has his way. State Rep. Dale Zorn is behind a bill to stop and prevent lottery winners from cashing in on food assistance. It would require those on the dole to be cross-checked with lottery winners.

“Public assistance should be given to those in need of public assistance, not those that have found riches,” Zorn told the station.

Clayton isn’t the first Michigan lottery winner to cheat the system. Last May, we brought you video of a $2 million winner also admitting to getting public assistance. Additionally, in August 30,000 Michigan college students were taken off of food stamps after it was found that they technically qualified for the service.

Zorn’s bill has passed the Michigan House and is now in the Senate

Read More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hidden-cameras-sho...

• prosperhappily 2012/03/08 17:21:15
    prosperhappily
    +1
    She's an an idiot. She just got a half million dollars and things are hard. Cry me a river.

Course, she'll probably be right back where she started in a year or two.
  • lm1b2 2012/03/08 15:46:41
    lm1b2
    Leave her alone,its obvious she is new at having money!
  • TruBluT... lm1b2 2012/03/08 18:02:51
    TruBluTopaz
    So that makes it okay for her to get government, taxpayer provided food stamps? Really?
  • Striker 2012/03/08 15:39:35
    Striker
    Well flubber my lip!

2014/11/29 03:41:55