What's worse alcohol or weed?

☣Lady Gothika☣ ™ 2012/11/17 04:16:33
Related Topics: Weed

• Anna 2012/11/17 04:39:46
    Alcohol
    Anna
    +12
    Not even close. Alcohol is highly addictive and even detoxing can kill you. Weed is only addictive in the way that the internet is: distracting from life and enjoyable, but not unnaturally so. Weed can also be used to treat many. many aliments with relativity few negative side effects. While alcohol can be healthy in extreme moderation, it is much easier to damage yourself with.

• ProudMom 2013/02/04 03:20:26
    Weed
    ProudMom
    A drug is a drug is a drug. Both are drugs and both are addictive. One gives you lung cancer, and one can affect your liver. Both put you under the influence.
  • Ma' Homie ProudMom 2014/04/01 20:45:43
    Ma' Homie
    One kills millions annually, one isn't directly responsible for a single death.
  • ProudMom Ma' Homie 2014/04/02 21:18:00
    ProudMom
    Smoking dope can and does kill especially if you hold the smoke in your lungs thinking it's going to give you a better buzz.
  • Ma' Homie ProudMom 2014/04/12 15:48:46
    Ma' Homie
    Lung cancer from marijuana smoke happens over the course of years of use, alcohol can easily kill someone the first time they get drunk.
  • Anna 2013/02/04 02:54:59
    Alcohol
    Anna
    Yep.
  • burningsnowman 2013/01/05 09:51:50
    Alcohol
    burningsnowman
    In excess. There's a lot that indicates using alcohol in moderation may actually improve brain function though.
  • SayHelloTo...Oblivion 2012/12/12 23:08:08
    Alcohol
    SayHelloTo...Oblivion
    Alcohol can kill, weed is amazing...
  • ProudMom SayHell... 2013/02/04 03:21:09
    ProudMom
    So can water.
  • Bocephus 2012/11/22 21:38:39
  • Bonita ... Bocephus 2013/01/05 17:07:40
    Bonita Colley
    Let's look at liver and brain damage from alcohol........
  • Anna Bocephus 2013/02/04 02:56:42
    Anna
    +1
    Weed is okay though.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/11/20 21:40:47
    Alcohol
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    overdosing on alcohol can kill you, whereas overdosing on weed can make you either really sleepy or really hungry

and yet weed is a schedule 1 drug and alcohol is totally legal....
  • KeithL 2012/11/20 20:12:59
  • roman.espla 2012/11/20 18:11:07
    Alcohol
    roman.espla
    Beer is good.
  • George Zook 2012/11/19 14:35:56 (edited)
    Alcohol
    George Zook
    +1
    from personal experience
  • Sir Bud. 2012/11/19 10:02:31 (edited)
    Alcohol
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Like the skills or not of driving a car-it depends who is driving.Fermentation though has different effects on the genders due to the Hormonal make up differences.When concerning males-this process often applies depending;First glass or stage one becomes gentle as a lamb;the second glass or stage as loud and daring as a lion;the third glass or stage-the monkey arrives;the fourth glass or stage a man behaves like a pig.Grass though is a pure sedative swaying between the"Monkey"and the"Lamb" and the more grass-the more lamb and less"monkey".
    Cheech and Chong
  • La 2012/11/19 07:54:32
    Weed
    La
    +1
    By "worse" I mean "least enjoyable"
  • charles nelson 2012/11/19 04:25:06
    Alcohol
    charles nelson
    But, worse than what?
  • kitkat42 2012/11/18 19:40:19
    Alcohol
    kitkat42
    +3
    No contest! Drinkers drink and get behind the wheel and possibly kill others. Pot smokers smoke, eat, then go to sleep. Rarely do they get behind the wheel and kill others.
  • Medium Jock 2012/11/18 17:37:23
    Alcohol
    Medium Jock
    +3
    It's also more detrimental to others how many fights do you hear of being started on a friday night because of weed?
  • linda ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/18 14:34:58
    Alcohol
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I've never seen anyone laying in the cold passed out in their own puke freezing to death that smoked weed.
  • Jim 2012/11/18 06:32:42
    Weed
    Jim
    Alcohol is addictive only if you allow it to be. Weed becomes addictive by continuously smoking it. Weed is a gateway drug which leads to harder drugs.
  • johnpaul Jim 2012/11/18 14:39:00
    johnpaul
    +3
    The only way weed is a gateway to harder drugs because of the lies being told about weed, Weed is not a drug it's an herb. So when people wakeup to the fact that weed is not a drug and they have been lied to, It leads us to believe that maybe we have been lied to about everything! especially in young people. Weed especially in moderation is very good for you.
  • Golanv ... johnpaul 2012/11/18 20:19:37
    Golanv (Raven)
    +3
    True. The seeds have more protein than any other except soy, make the healthiest oil and have optimum combination of amino acids for human body. I am convinced there is medicine for just about everything in this plant if we were only allowed to study it.
  • ProudMom johnpaul 2013/02/04 03:25:05
    ProudMom
    Weed is a drug, and the lies that are being told are from those who smoke it. You are in a fantasy world if you think it isn't a drug. I smoked week for half my life, and it did nothing good for me. In fact, it did lead to harder drugs, and if you don't believe be, go into the prisons and ask the prisoners there why they are there and what got them there.
  • johnpaul ProudMom 2013/02/06 02:03:01
    johnpaul
    Weed is probable the most benefical herb that this earth grows. You just need to do a little more home work.
  • ProudMom johnpaul 2013/02/06 02:20:31
    ProudMom
    Trust me, I have.
  • scurvison Jim 2012/11/18 19:18:17
  • Golanv ... Jim 2012/11/18 20:16:15
    Golanv (Raven)
    +3
    Excuse me? Alcohol is physically addictive. Period. Always. Not 'only if you allow it to be'. Weed is not physically addictive. Ever. The only thing making it a gateway drug is its illegality. Because of it, kids who go to purchase weed are exposed to harder drugs. I know. I was one of those kids in high school.
  • Eric S. Golanv ... 2012/11/19 06:13:44
    Eric S.
    +1
    I don't drink so often at all, only occasionally, or once in a blue moon, so how can it be addictive?
  • Golanv ... Eric S. 2012/11/19 07:45:06
    Golanv (Raven)
    +2
    Hopefully you can dodge that bullet if you rarely drink. Different for different people, but It does cause physical withdrawal symptoms when you stop. Herb does not. No hangover either.
  • ProudMom Golanv ... 2013/02/04 03:28:28
    ProudMom
    Not true. I started with weed, and I know lots of people who started with it and it led to harder drugs. I smoked weed for half my life, and I'm not going to sugar coat it. I've heard so many hard core people in prisons tell you they are there because they started to smoke weed, and then sold it, and then got into harder drugs and worse crimes to support their habits. Don't believe me? Go to your local prison and do the research.
  • Golanv ... ProudMom 2013/02/04 17:40:34
    Golanv (Raven)
    +2
    Actually, I used to teach in a medium security prison and most of the people I met had done something really stupid because of alcohol. Didn't meet a single one who blamed their crime on weed so this sounds really strange to me. I have heard them say if they'd been smoking weed instead of drinking alcohol they wouldn't be there. Met a few who smoked it in prison and they'd stopped drinking & doing hard drugs; yes, they had everything there. Legalize herb and hard drugs wouldn't be available to kids on the street. I started with LSD25 because I was young, dumb, decided I wanted to try weed. But when I went to get it that's all they had & told me it was just like weed. lol. What an idiot I was at 16! I tried alcohol & every drug know to mankind for the next couple of months then totally stopped. When I finally tried weed I found I could smoke it and still make straight A's in school. In my case, hard drugs led to weed. Reality is cool. :)
  • ProudMom Golanv ... 2013/02/04 21:47:03
    ProudMom
    Well, my husband used to do prison work in the Maximum security prison. He has spoken with many inmates, and I've seen it. Do you ever watch Beyond Scared Straight, a new show that takes kids into the prison system? Almost every inmate there says they started with smoking weed, which led to crimes and then harder drugs. You're fooling yourself. Hey, my husband went to college and got all A's while active in his alcohol addiction. :) Reality is cool, but you have to live in it. Drugs don't make for reality. :)
  • Golanv ... ProudMom 2013/02/05 16:55:44
    Golanv (Raven)
    +1
    I don't do TV but I've heard about the show & it sounds good. I know a kid who could use it. I haven't done recreational drugs since I was 16 and totally agree. I don't even drink alcohol. But... I've had doctors trying to put me on every kind of narcotic out there for chronic pain. Even oxycontin, that killed my late roomie, and I refuse them all, only taking prescription ibuprofen that is tearing my stomach up. I was in Ca last week & a friend had a script for medical marijuana. I took 2 hits and all pain left immediately; first time I'd been totally out of pain in months since it is illegal in my state. Hard to find 'reality' through constant pain. My point though, is that if it had been legal I'd never have been exposed to the whole underground scene as a teenager. Neither would kids now. Marijuana should be separated from hard drugs, classified as an herb and used for pain, glaucoma, nausea from chemo, etc, studied for other uses. Scientists in the 70s were actually curing cancerous tumors in lab mice with it. I am interested in it because I believe it has more potential for healing than any other herb on the planet. My grandmother was an herbal healer so I guess it's in my blood.
  • ProudMom Golanv ... 2013/02/05 19:05:42
    ProudMom
    There's a drug out there called Tramadol that is for pain that is not a narcotic. I take the ibuprofen too, 600 mg. My teenager takes 800 mg. for her neck. I have degenerative disc disease in my lower back, and she has it in her neck. I can't afford to smoke it because I have children, and I know what it does to me when I smoke it. I watched it destroy people close to me. I'm not saying hard pain medication is better. I'm saying that even herbs are dangerous. My in-laws own health food stores, and many people make assumptions that because it's "natural" it's ok, and that's not true. I know that there is arsenic in homeopathic medicine. Small amounts, but still. I don't want to put that in my body. Also, there are too many people out there that aren't responsible with their "medications" or smoking pot. My sister did it around my kids, and that was not ok. I watched it consume her and her dreams. I think there's better things out there than weed for healing. All it ever did for me was make me lazy and gave me the munchies. If we were all ready to go do something and decided to smoke some weed first, we ended up just sitting around doing nothing. Anyway, the question was which was worse, alcohol or pot, and in my opinion, they're about the same.
  • Golanv ... ProudMom 2013/02/06 22:10:23
    Golanv (Raven)
    Thank you. I will check it out; I used to take 800mg ibu but developed bleeding ulcers and had to cut back. Now I cut the 600mg in half and deal with pain. I was diagnosed years ago with degenerative arthritis that affects entire spine. True that some herbs can be harmful; I had an allergic reaction to ginko biloba and a reaction to kava kava almost killed me. But that 'lazy' feeling you got from smoking weed is why it is prescribed to people with ptsd, anxiety and insomnia. The 'munchies' happen because it lowers your blood sugar. For a diabetic this is great; they don't feel hungry after smoking, just normal, without insulin shot. If there is anything better than marijuana for pain I'd love to know it. I think I've tried everything over the past 40+ years. It is the ONLY thing I've tried that stopped pain immediately without knocking me out. Of course things are very different now than they were back in the day. What I tried was a strain grown legally in California for pain management. (medical indica) It worked better than anything I've ever taken for pain and lasted for about 7 hours. Bummer that I have to live with pain or become a 'criminal' to get out of pain. It is enough that I've been seriously considering moving to another state where medical is legal. Tough choice~...
    Thank you. I will check it out; I used to take 800mg ibu but developed bleeding ulcers and had to cut back. Now I cut the 600mg in half and deal with pain. I was diagnosed years ago with degenerative arthritis that affects entire spine. True that some herbs can be harmful; I had an allergic reaction to ginko biloba and a reaction to kava kava almost killed me. But that 'lazy' feeling you got from smoking weed is why it is prescribed to people with ptsd, anxiety and insomnia. The 'munchies' happen because it lowers your blood sugar. For a diabetic this is great; they don't feel hungry after smoking, just normal, without insulin shot. If there is anything better than marijuana for pain I'd love to know it. I think I've tried everything over the past 40+ years. It is the ONLY thing I've tried that stopped pain immediately without knocking me out. Of course things are very different now than they were back in the day. What I tried was a strain grown legally in California for pain management. (medical indica) It worked better than anything I've ever taken for pain and lasted for about 7 hours. Bummer that I have to live with pain or become a 'criminal' to get out of pain. It is enough that I've been seriously considering moving to another state where medical is legal. Tough choice~ to leave my family, causing emotional pain, or stay and be in physical pain. I loathe alcohol. I was diagnosed with ptsd from extreme child abuse so I associate it with broken bones, blood, violence. Even the smell of it could give me a flashback for years afterwards.
  • KeithL Jim 2012/11/20 20:23:37 (edited)
  • Anna Jim 2013/02/04 02:59:14
    Anna
    +1
    Ahh, no.
  • ProudMom Jim 2013/02/04 03:22:39
    ProudMom
    Alcohol is addictive because it, as well as weed, is a drug. It has nothing to do with allowing. Addiction is a disease.

2014/11/21 02:37:08