What was your worst ever holiday?

Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~ 2011/02/09 06:37:52
Mine was...
I've had too many to pick from...
Christmas 2006...Stayed at Butlins, a holiday site. It started snowing when we left the club to go home, late at night, then all of sudden the snow gets vicious and turns into hail. :( Well, everyone else got inside quick enough, but me? I get clonked on the head with a hail stone the size of a grape. I still have the scar :3

• Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2011/02/09 21:39:27
    Mine was...
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    The last time I was down in Florida, which was last Christmas.

Two of my aunts dogs died. They're like her children-- so she was in mourning. But we'd already made plans to come down, so we went to the condo we were staying at. For a week.

The first night-- not five hours after we'd arrived-- my brother and I woke up hungry and began scavenging around for food. I found a box of what looked like two-year-old honeynut cheerios, with just barely enough for a bowl. My brother and I starved through the night, and then as soon as it was light out, we went out and got some noodles from the local Wal-Greens.

The next morning, I woke up and given that the condo was dark, I turned a light on. My brother, who was sleeping on the couch, woke up and started screaming at me. We'd agreed the night before that if I woke up after eleven, he would get up and go to my room so I could have some light. He started screaming his head off at me about how he had a migraine, and I told him to go to my room if he was so damned bothered by the light.

Third day, we still hadn't gotten to see my aunt, or get out of the condo, and my brother and I were stuck inside watching TV, on our laptops, and generally trying to stay sane. I worked on my Sappho essay and then got to go out to the beach for a walk.

...

Fourth day, we got to see my aunt. That's when I broke down crying because it finally hit me that Thumper and Chloe were really gone. Conversation was stilted.

Fifth day, we went down to the beach for a walk, and ran into some nutjobs who were holding Jesus signs next to a vendor who had carvings and necklaces out for sale, whose stuff I was looking at. They asked me if I believed in the lord, and-- still irritated with my brother, whom I'd fought with again earlier that day-- I stiffly told them no. They began berating me and telling me that I would go to hell unless I "accepted the lord as my savior and his gift of salvation and repented my sins." Getting more irritated by the minute, because I was trying to look at the stuff that was for sale, I asked what their stance was on gay rights. Their predictably anti-gay reply led to my next response: "Then I'm not interested. I don't believe in joining a religion that does not accept people for who they are." They started shouting at me that I was a heathen, that I was going to hell (again), that I was the devil's right-hand, and a few other accusations that I would have laughed at in any other situation, but only made me angry. So... I told them that they were all a bunch of intolerant gits, and left before they could start throwing shoes at me. Or something.

Sixth day, I fought with my brother again. We went out for a walk, and I got so angry with them-- both my brother and my dad-- that I took off my shoes, shoved them at my dad (he took them) and took off across the beach for some fresh air. My brother started chasing after me, and then yelled at me for making him go after me because of the accident he'd had recently, which meant the idiot shouldn't have been running after me in the first place. They were setting up a concert platform on the beach (a huge one!) that day, and both my brother and I wanted to go--- but dad said no. Because the concert would be at night the next day and there was a big possibility of there being gunfire.

Next day, New Years Eve, my brother and I were out on the balcony watching the fireworks. My dad and I got into an argument-- I wanted to borrow his iPhone to take a video of the fireworks, and my brother got into the middle of it, and we all ended up inside screaming at each other. My brother yelled that Dad didn't ground me often enough, dad was telling me the video wouldn't show up properly (it did, actually) and trying to stop us from killing each other, and I was screaming at my brother that he was a coward, a jerk, a jackass, a bastard, and anything else I could think of. I got the phone, took the video the fireworks, and then afterwards our screaming match resumed.

The eighth night, we went to wal-greens for some food, and my iPod got stolen. They don't make the 4th and 5th generation nanos anymore. And the headphones cost $140. I was miserable, enraged, stuck inside a condo with my brother, and we were both nearly homicidal at this point.

Next day, we packed everything up and flew home.

So, yup. Worst vacation ever.
  • Elmo~WA... Yuki ~ ... 2011/02/10 06:26:59
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Yikes. That sounds AWFUL :0
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/02/09 06:44:29
    Mine was...
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Christmas eve 2005 i was working at home depot and family had a huge food and gifts and music all set
    i was working and suddenly a north easter
    imagine a tornado snowstorm
    blew in rapidly
    it suddenly changed course to miss my state to hit it straight on
    and dumped 30 inches of snow in 9 hours
    i was stuck at work no way home on christmas eve
    highways became parking lots
    i was stuck at work for 3 days till they cleared the roads
    eatting crap junk food out of the vending machine
  • Elmo~WA... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/02/09 06:45:37
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Awwww :( That's sad.
  • ♫TheMusicGirl♫ BN-0 2011/02/09 06:42:47
    Mine was...
    ♫TheMusicGirl♫ BN-0
    +1
    You spelt Butlins wrong... xD
    My worst holiday? The one we spent in London, and you locked me in the supply cupboard with kieran. -_- x
  • Elmo~WA... ♫TheMus... 2011/02/09 06:46:03
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    +1
    But...Didn't you guys make-out while you were in the cupboard? :o x
  • ♫TheMus... Elmo~WA... 2011/02/09 15:43:18
    ♫TheMusicGirl♫ BN-0
    +1
    Well, yeah, but that's not the point xD x
  • Elmo~WA... ♫TheMus... 2011/02/09 15:49:18
    Elmo~WAWU~Bn-2~
    Is toooo ;L x

2014/07/31 05:35:16