What to Do When You Lose Your Passport, Money, and Credit Cards While Traveling

Raghunath Roy Choudhury 2012/06/24 08:26:09
Related Topics: Money, Cards, Traveling
Add Photos & Videos
Add a comment above

Sort By
  • Most Raves
  • Least Raves
  • Oldest
  • Newest

  • Vinny 2012/06/24 19:41:39 (edited)
    u tell me
    You tell your family back home, the police I guess and when you travel you make sure you have a photo copy of your passport with you in other suit case and you have proof of it and if you need to show the travel agent or police!! And go the Embassy!
  • Fighting4U 2012/06/24 11:09:56
    All of the above
    Go to the nearest us embassy.
  • Dark Angel AKA Hippiegirl 2012/06/24 10:49:45
    All of the above
    Dark Angel AKA Hippiegirl
    you didn't give a choice for knowing what to do, I would find the nearest American Embassy or contact an International Lawyer if there were no Embassy or Consulate. But most Countries have an American Embassy
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/24 08:40:01
    All of the above
    Don Leuty
    Go immediately to the nearest embassy if you lose your passport. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 Euros.

    Keep credit card and passport info in an alternate safe place. Call the credit card companies, or go to a local major bank. Use the toll free numbers, first. Some banks overseas charge fees for aiding in the reporting process. When traveling with a companion, split your cash.

    It is always a good idea to find out what card replacement services are available. Make certain they get the replacement cards to you as fast as possible. What little cash ou may have available seems to fly away faster when you don't have financial backup.
  • Rave 2012/06/24 08:36:10
    u tell me
    Happened to my sister while she was in Thailand, she got mugged by two men on the street.

    She called and canceled her credit cards, then called the Finnish embassy to explain what happened, then contacted the Thai Embassy, called my father to lend some money for her to take a plane back to the country, and her new passport came a week later. She lost 400euros in cash though.
  • Ben 2012/06/24 08:34:55
    no idea
    go insane.
  • Joe61 2012/06/24 08:33:32 (edited)
    no idea
    Head for the nearest British Consulate building......That way you can be at least repatriated. Although you have to pay the costs once you get back home, before you can apply for a new passport.

    I should imagine that, it would be a similar state of affairs for Americans stranded on foreign shores too,
  • Anne 2012/06/24 08:31:22
    no idea
    Spazz like a freak.
  • Love_is_Supernatural 2012/06/24 08:30:11
    u tell me
    I've never done that! But I would probably freak!

See Votes by State

The map above displays the winning answer by region.


2016/02/09 03:29:47

Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions

More Community More Originals