What is the best option for November?

Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/04/04 23:30:01
Who do you think will benefit from voters staying home or writing in a candidate....Obama or the Republican candidate (most likely Romney)?

I say no vote or a write-in will re-elect Obama.

• FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/04/05 02:38:12
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    ABO this year and that means whoever wins the republican nomination. But the focus needs to be more on Congressional elections than the presidential race.

I imagine few democrats or liberals will be writing in, but many may stay home. I think dissatisfied republicans and conservatives would be more likely to write in, but I don't think many of them will be staying home.

• hari 2012/04/15 13:36:50
    hari
    cast vote for Republicans and be rest assured for good governance for 4 yrs
  • Sig Sauer P220 2012/04/14 23:03:57
    Sig Sauer P220
    +1
    No vote or a write-in will help re-elect Obama. Conservatives get out and VOTE!
  • Murph 2012/04/06 15:28:33 (edited)
    Murph
    +2
    A no vote depends on who is sitting home. I think a lot of Obama's base, specifically welfare and medicade people, are disgusted that they didn't get the free stuff they believed they had coming from the Hopey Changey thing Obama ran on.

Conservatives sat home in 2008 out of disgust because of McCain's pandering to the left. I think that's unlikely even with Romney, but any third party candidate/write-in will most likely take votes away from the Republican nominee.
  • texasred 2012/04/05 21:41:28
    texasred
    +2
    I'm in agreement with you, Gracie. No vote or a write-in will help re-elect Obama.
  • jr 2012/04/05 15:00:43
    jr
    +4
    I will vote for whoever the republican candidate is whether I like them or not
  • Gracie ... jr 2012/04/05 16:13:11
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/04/05 13:28:15
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +3
    I agree.
  • Mr.Steve 2012/04/05 12:01:33
  • bonehead15329 2012/04/05 11:42:34
  • jimmy bonehea... 2012/04/05 12:38:19
    jimmy
    +2
    ABSOLUTELY
  • Rodney 2012/04/05 04:15:33
    Rodney
    +5
    No vote I think will benefit the Republicans, BUT a write in for Paul will help the Democrats. Although, if it is mostly the youth who write in Paul, that could hurt Obama as that was one group that really supported him last time. I hope they are smarter this trip around.
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/04/05 02:38:12
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6

• Gracie ... FeedFwd... 2012/04/05 02:49:52
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Writing in or staying home is pretty much the same thing. I hope they have a change of heart.
  • FeedFwd... Gracie ... 2012/04/05 02:53:01
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +1
    Agreed, I am just suggesting that one will hurt Obama more and the other will hurt the republican nominee more.
  • Rodney FeedFwd... 2012/04/05 04:20:05
    Rodney
    +2
    Congressional, to me is more important too. We need to retain the house and clean up in the senate. I want to see a lot of good constitutional conservatives come to office. They should be able to drag the establishment republicans back to the core values that they have left.
  • LisaSmith 2012/04/05 01:25:46 (edited)
    LisaSmith
    +2
    I think a bunch of people that voted for BO in 2008 will stay home.
  • Gracie ... LisaSmith 2012/04/05 02:17:16
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    I know some that probably won't vote for him again. Thanks for brightening up my night with your optimism!!
  • LisaSmith Gracie ... 2012/04/05 02:51:01
    LisaSmith
    +2
    I bet he loses a percentage of catholics, a percentage of Jewish people, a percentage of independents and a bunch of college students who realize they were stupid for jumping on a bandwagon and will not vote this time around. I think that will add up to millions of people. He won by less then 10 million votes so if around about the same number as last time vote for Romney that did JM in 2008 then things are looking pretty good to get rid of him.
  • Palpatine [Anti-RP2012] 2012/04/05 01:17:57
  • potlatch 2012/04/05 01:04:35
    potlatch
    +3
    The ONLY option is to VOTE for anyone but Obama. You may not like Romney, I really don't, but I believe he is an American with more moral values than the unknown we now have in office.
  • Gracie ... potlatch 2012/04/05 02:17:55
  • potlatch Gracie ... 2012/04/05 03:31:47
    potlatch
    +1
    For Sure!
  • ray 2012/04/05 00:30:04
    ray
    +3
    The best option is to vote whoever is against Obama . The Really important part is cleaning out the House / Senate and on down the line of as many of the Socialist as possible in this election
  • Gracie ... ray 2012/04/05 00:30:54
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Yes, it's all important and we need to finish what was started in 2010.
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/05 03:33:20
    potlatch
    +3
    We need to win the Senate and this long drawn out campaign is taking our mind off of that!
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/05 11:16:20
    ray
    +2
    Absolutely, Now is the time to have people start looking closely at local and congressional races.
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/20 03:33:04
    potlatch
    +2
    I'm way behind on my replies Ray! Yes, if we can get control of the Senate it will help, but Obama is already bypassing Congress. We have wimpy pubs in DC and they let him do illegal things without a word. Sometimes I wonder if they have all been threatened in some way!
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/20 08:13:00
    ray
    +1
    The thought of intimidation and threats has Occurred .
    In particular to the courts .
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/24 20:31:08
    potlatch
    +2
    It's going to be interesting to see what Obama does if SCOTUS does away with the Health Care Mandate. I wouldn't doubt Obama will try to ignore them. What the he77 are our republican congressmen doing!!! Can't they 'get together' and stand up to him? Sickening......
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/24 21:05:05
    ray
    +2
    I agree, soon the attention will need to shift from the presidential race and make sure that as many of congress can be replaced as possible.
    With emphasis on the 70 or so claimed by the Socialist party as their own.
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/24 21:33:22
    potlatch
    +2
    I just got through writing what you said to Arizona on another thread! The long campaign has taken our mind off of other races!

A major issue is SCOTUS !! We can't have Obama pick the next two or more!
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/24 22:10:24
    ray
    +2
    The Scotus is critical . This is going to be a critical election for the fate of the country.
    It used to be said , When America Sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold .
    The consequences of an Obama reelection look like suffering around the world beyond measure.
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/26 03:16:41
    potlatch
    +2
    It's funny how so many don't think about SCOTUS and the fact that they hold lifetime positions! The rest of the world already seems to be falling apart and Obama certainly hasn't helped - other than aiding muslims.

Another forum I'm on is violently opposed to Romney - I don't like him but I don't think he hates America. The idea of Obama with 4 more years of pushing his agenda without fear, is terrifying.
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/26 10:07:22
    ray
    +1
    In the past , I have referred to Romney as Obama Lite . Primarily based on heath care .
    Obama has always stated his desire to " fundamentally transform " , that is destroy America .
    Should he able to stack the court with 5 of the supremes , Then he can overturn any action done by congress and his dictatorial EO's will obtain the force of law.
  • potlatch ray 2012/04/28 19:35:45
    potlatch
    +2
    We are in a bad situation. I know many who are 'purists' and refuse to vote the republican ticket this time, and that will only help Obama win again. They think they are making a statement by writing in someone elses name. I wonder how they'll feel when he wins and takes away more of their rights?

I don't see the evil in Romney that I see in Obama and I don't think you can always make changes from black to white in one step. [and that is an allusion to good versis evil, not racial]

Sometimes we have to work towards improvement 'one step at a time'. One step at a time is exactly how the liberals have been changing our country - they seem to have more patience than conservatives.

We know he has future plans if he should win again............

step step liberals changing country patience conservatives future plans win
  • ray potlatch 2012/04/28 21:20:18
    ray
    If one can do no good , then do no harm .
    Romney is more of a politician and will change position to gain approval . Tell your friends to make thier statement by voting Obama out ( meaning Romney ) and then controlling him with the judges and congress.

Critical to any ruler are the sycophants that are the enablers . In America that means the congress, Bureaucrats and judges. That is where the focus needs to be placed . Not to ignore the states and local positions This is were attention is sorely needed.

Obama is Agenda driven to " fundamentally transform " America .
    Sadly his vision is some sort of Moslem / Marxist mutant creature born of fantasy somewhere in North Africa . With a bit of White America needs to be punished for imagined transgressions.

Your friends don't need to vote the republican ticket , but to vote on ideals. Tea party candidates are running opposing republicans in a lot of races.
    Utah, the long time Republican Orinn Hatch is now being challenged by the Tea party candidate .
    ( http://www.chron.com/news/art... )

Haven't heard much of the Tea Party? MSM won't mention them unless it is some article claiming the have lost significance.
    Yesterday , TEA PARTY EXPRESS kicked off in Pittsburgh and is making a nationwide tour.
    Restoring the American Dream
    http://www....

( http://www.chron.com/news/art... )

Restoring the American Dream
    http://www.teapartyexpress.org/
    There also is FREEDOM WORKS
    http://www.freedomworks.org/
    Plus hundreds of smaller groups all about the country.
    Powerful forces are taking shape and the Progressive Campaign doesn't want facts revealed.

What you won't hear on the news is Orly Taitz is a top tier contender for the Senate seat of Diane Fienstien . GOP don't like this at all. ( 14 candidates running )
    ( Did you know Orly Taitz was running for senate ? )
    She is ahead of most of the republican candidates.

Emken, Hughes, Taitz top GOP Senate hopefuls
    http://totalbuzz.ocregister.c...

Judge her as you may , she has been a powerful influence in the past three years. Challenging Obama's BC when all others had given up.

The Presidential Election soaks up all the oxygen in the air and Hogs the headlines . The real battle will be on the state and local level . This is going to be a tuning of history one way or the other.
  • den 2012/04/05 00:26:38
    den
    +1
    I won't vote for opbama or Romney- what will I do?.
  • Gracie ... den 2012/04/05 00:31:28
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    You have to vote for Romney unless you want another 4 years of Obama. Sucks but that's the way it is.
  • CHUCK den 2012/04/06 04:14:17
    CHUCK
    VOTE 4 ME..
  • Huntclan 2012/04/05 00:23:06

2014/11/22 03:15:14