What do you think the saddest moment in Doctor Who history is?

TARDISgirl 2011/06/23 04:14:15
Related Topics: History

• Devin Harvey 2013/01/16 21:30:09
    Devin Harvey
    +8
    The saddest moment for me is 'The War Games' when Jamie and Zoe are forced to leave the doctor. Jamie, the longest running and my favorite companion, and Zoe, adorable bamf, are forced back to their homes and to forget all about their adventures with the Doctor, to forget all of the wonderful times they had with him, to forget everything they learned. Then this was followed by him being forced to regenerate and him keeping with him the thought that if he hadn't had called the Time Lords Jamie and Zoe still would've been with him (most likely). I know Donna had a similar fate, but I felt theirs was much worse and much more well done. It just broke me.

• Devin Harvey 2013/01/16 21:30:09
    Devin Harvey
    +8
  • WHO fan 2012/09/21 05:38:34
    WHO fan
    +3
    David Tennant Regeneration ......taht all I'm saying
  • Young Soldier of Society. 2011/09/07 10:59:59
    Young Soldier of Society.
    when the doctor erased donna's memory that made me cry because she would never beable to travel with the doctor again but not only that she could never remember all the fun times that she ever had :(
  • NinaDoctor 2011/08/31 17:19:00
    NinaDoctor
    +1
    When Liz Sladen died...I still can't bring my self to the fact that she is dead.

But in the show,They are Rose getting stuck in a parallel universe,when Kathy's grandson gave Sally that letter (and everything that says),Jenny's death (although she woke up later),River's look on her face when she discovered that the Doctor doesn't know her yet,erasing Donna's memories,bye bye David Tennant ( :(( )...the list goes on.When you actually,properly look back on the show you can see there is a web of sadness in the background...
  • Adric M... NinaDoctor 2012/06/09 04:29:28
    Adric Miller
    +3
    I find it amazing the best and most memorable quote from Liz Sladen to the Doctor is "Don't Forget Me"
  • Brosia 2011/08/24 05:14:55
    Brosia
    +1
    When Matt felt like he was loosing Tardis when she lost form and returned to power the core.

Also, at the end of the summer break with the big reveal with River Song and Amy loosing the baby again...God, I am loosing it again.

And the end of David's run was amazing. Bittersweet.
  • Georgia.Lusher 2011/08/08 11:31:02
    Georgia.Lusher
    +4
    When The doctor who episode i was watching at the time.. finishedD: and when david leftD: doctor episode watching finishedd david leftd sad david tennant
  • maxlaboy 2011/08/05 04:29:00
    maxlaboy
    +1
    That is so hard for me to answer.
    Doctor Who has the ability to affect me so deeply and it has been an integral part of my life since I was a tween.
    In chronological order - cause they honestly all still grab me when I think about them...
    Jon Pertwee's regeneration scene
    When I heard that Jon Pertwee had died
    When I learned Patrick Troughten died
    When Adric died (first time it aired)
    When the show went on 'hiatus' and it lasted until 2005 - that is probably the saddest moment in the show's history now that i think on it...
    Donna's fate.
    Lis Sladen's death
  • TARDISgirl maxlaboy 2011/08/05 04:35:31
    TARDISgirl
    Thank you for answering, I can see you have been a true Whovian for a very long time.
  • oceangrl 2011/07/29 19:18:00
    oceangrl
    +1
    when Rose was gone. The look on David's face.... i was about to cry....
  • xShabby87x 2011/07/24 18:16:17
    xShabby87x
    +3
    For me its gotta be when The Doctor had to say goodbye to Donna and eveything they had together was gone. I think they were a fantastic pairing.
  • Half-Ginger 2011/07/16 16:59:32
    Half-Ginger
    +2
    Having not finished watching ALL 777 episodes... I cannot give you a valid answer :)
  • TARDISgirl Half-Gi... 2011/07/16 22:50:31
    TARDISgirl
    lol...btw, cool pic. Jack rocks.
  • Brosia Half-Gi... 2011/08/24 05:16:17
    Brosia
    I lost it when Yanto...I cannot even type it. I love that show!
  • BLT ^MOTOOP^ 2011/06/23 21:44:37
    BLT ^MOTOOP^
    +1
    When David Tennant changed into Matt Smith....
  • TARDISgirl BLT ^MO... 2011/06/24 00:03:44
    TARDISgirl
    +1
    :( I hope you mean that you were sad that David Tennant left, not that you hate Matt Smith. Because Matt Smith rocks.
  • BLT ^MO... TARDISgirl 2011/06/24 01:40:20
    BLT ^MOTOOP^
    +1
    I like him slightly more than once did, but I still prefer Tennant. I think he was far more quirky and sometimes it seems like Smith is imitating him.
  • TARDISgirl BLT ^MO... 2011/06/24 04:32:54
    TARDISgirl
    +3
    well yes, that is because the writers told him to. They wanted to assure viewers that this is indeed "still the same Doctor." And really? I think that Smith is far quirkier than Tennant. 11 thinks bow-ties are cool. Doesn't get much quirkier than that. 10 was more charismatic. 11 has that eccentric professor style that I love so much.

I will always be a die hard Matt Smith fan. He rocks. He is and always will be my Doctor. professor style love die matt smith fan rocks doctor matt smith
  • BLT ^MO... TARDISgirl 2011/06/24 17:06:31
    BLT ^MOTOOP^
    +1
    Well, to each his (or her) own. I will always love David Tennant, but really my favourite Doctor was the 4th, Tom Baker. I think eveyone has their own favourite Doctor, but almost all of them have been brilliant in their own way. favourite doctor 4th tom baker eveyone favourite doctor brilliant tom baker doctor who favourite doctor 4th tom baker eveyone favourite doctor brilliant tom baker doctor who
  • ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~ 2011/06/23 17:48:27
    ~Reinette~BadWolf~Destiel Fan~
    +2
    when Rose got stuck in the parellel world
    they were both so emotional and you couldn't help but get teary eyed
    such a sad episode
    oh and when David's rein as the doctor ended
    that episode made me cry so bad
  • feelin'fresh 2011/06/23 10:11:05
    feelin'fresh
    When the show first started... im sorry, i HATE doctor who so bad :L
  • Half-Gi... feelin'... 2011/07/16 17:01:44
    Half-Ginger
    +3
    an unearthly child

The Doctor disapproves of this statement. And yes - that IS from the first ever episode.
  • Brosia Half-Gi... 2011/08/24 05:17:17
    Brosia
    I love you!!!
  • TARDISgirl 2011/06/23 04:20:01
    TARDISgirl
    +2
    When River talks about how she knows the day is coming when the Doctor won't remember her anymore, and how that "just might kill her"

2014/09/30 06:02:35