What are your theories on Season 7? (SPOILERS)

тrisʜɑ 2012/07/10 12:35:02
Dexter Fans
Related Topics: Season

• safari 2012/07/10 18:50:55
    safari
    +3
    I think Deb will cover for him and that the heat will be turned up on Dex again by the police dept itself. The year with Doakes after him was the best! I can't wait!!! What ever happens I will continue to love this show. My only complaint is that the season goes by way too fast!

I am wondering if they will continue the Deb luv for Dex theme - I have mixed feelings about that but for the drama and intrigue I guess I am rooting for that they do it. ;)

It is the ONLY show I watch in full.

• safari 2012/07/10 18:50:55
    safari
    +3

It is the ONLY show I watch in full.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/10 19:17:13
    +1
    Please, briefly, explain your fascination with the show. Thanks.
    For the record, I watched one episode, about 2yrs back, and I didn't get it (rare). I need a reason to try again.
  • wpsark Gregaj7 2012/07/10 19:43:15
    wpsark
    +2
    They're playing reruns now, try to watch a couple of episodes again and you'll catch on. I was the same way at first but after a few episodes I was hooked. There are a lot of unexpected twists in it.
  • Gregaj7 wpsark 2012/07/10 21:08:46
    +1
    DVD's from the public library.
  • safari Gregaj7 2012/07/10 20:03:26 (edited)
    safari
    +1
    It is the constant moral and ethical debate that it causes in my mind that probably fascinates me the most. A Serial Killer who became as such after seeing his mother slaughtered as a child and then being mentored towards it by a cop who adopted him but who only kills other Serial Killers or those who have murdered multiple persons, creates a dilemma in my mind about what he is doing. I find it odd that I can root for such a person season after season to not be caught when I know what he is doing is wrong on the one hand yet that he is removing evil from society and saving a lot of cost to keep these monsters out of the system is a good thing. Many soldiers are considered heroes for following orders to kill the enemy - what is the difference between what he does on his own and them when the (assumed) end result of protecting society is the same.

Additionally the cast, writers, plots and sets are always above and beyond my expectations. I am the person who always guesses the end five minutes into the movie - with Dex I rarely know what will happen next. I haven't watched a show in full in decades. So to me it is very special.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/10 21:18:55
    +1
    Thanks for the info, on both replies. It appears that I'll be starting with Season 2 DVD from the library, as Season 1 has 51 people in front of me.
  • safari Gregaj7 2012/07/10 21:31:55
    safari
    +1
    Great! Always love having Dex friends to discuss this with! Especially someone like yourself who will have a very unique view of it coming from your own understanding of life and what makes up the reality that we live in where we only see the shadows and mirrors.

I am about to sign off but there are places on line you can watch it for free -

This might be one - a couple of years ago I re-watched almost all of them to that date on various sites lol http://www.watchdexternow.com... But with a little searching I think you can find it. I would HIGHLY recommend you start with season one where so much of the understanding of his character is established and so much that is referred to in ongoing seasons is explored or touched on.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/10 22:24:53
    +1
    Thanks. I'll see how that works out.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/10 22:39:32
    +1
    It isn't. Hulu wants me to "sign-up" for a free week, after I subscribe. While you link led me to "Graboid", which is supposed to get me free TV/Movies, it's not heading that direction.
  • safari Gregaj7 2012/07/10 23:02:17 (edited)
    safari
    +2
    hmm maybe a little more searching - or maybe they've finally rid the internet of torrent sites dis knows a lot of them that have things like tv shows - he mentioned one in the mail recently trish below mentions she watches it on line maybe she can tell you where
  • тrisʜɑ safari 2012/07/10 23:16:36
    тrisʜɑ
    +2
    I've watched all the seasons of Dexter online. It's not in high quality though. I can give you the link if you want, gregaj7. :-)
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/11 04:29:32
    +1
    Torrents are risky.
  • тrisʜɑ Gregaj7 2012/07/10 23:42:46
  • Gregaj7 тrisʜɑ 2012/07/11 04:35:37
    +1
    Not without $$ subscription. I also absolutely despise "Silverlight".
  • тrisʜɑ safari 2012/07/10 22:48:35
    тrisʜɑ
    +1
    Interesting thought. :-)
  • safari тrisʜɑ 2012/07/10 23:02:58
    safari
    +1
    thanks :)
  • safari Gregaj7 2012/07/10 20:14:24
    safari
    +1
    Oh and I need to add that because he has no ability to feel emotions - his attempt at living by the code his father gave him reminds me of a lot of people who are disenfranchised from the system in general and who go about their lives "living by the codes" whether they feel the desire to comply or not. There are deeper underlying plots and story lines going on in this show than any I've ever seen before.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/11 06:35:12
    +1
    Watched the first 2 episodes. I can see why One might find them interesting. It's style and attention to detail remind me of "Burn Notice". Showtime has more latitude than USA network. I think I'll skip the rest.
  • safari Gregaj7 2012/07/11 06:51:52 (edited)
    safari
    +2
    :) Thanks for the input. It sounds like it didn't turn out to be something you might enjoy I will still throw in that if you ever get a chance to watch the second season you might still consider giving it a peak, I think it was much better.
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/11 07:00:46
    +1
    10-4. Will take that under advisement.
  • тrisʜɑ Gregaj7 2012/07/10 22:47:26
    тrisʜɑ
    +2
    You can always watch the episodes online, it's what I do-- since I don't have Showtime.
  • safari тrisʜɑ 2012/07/10 23:02:49
    safari
    +2
    can you plz give him an address where to watch?
  • тrisʜɑ safari 2012/07/10 23:42:31
    тrisʜɑ
    +2
    Yes I will
  • safari тrisʜɑ 2012/07/11 01:26:44
    safari
    +2
    thanks!!!!!!!! :)
  • тrisʜɑ safari 2012/07/11 03:02:41
    тrisʜɑ
    +2
    No problem! :)
    Does it work?
  • safari тrisʜɑ 2012/07/11 03:26:27
    safari
    +1
    I didn't try it - it was for greg that i asked - I've seen season one a few times now - I own the set lol
  • Gregaj7 safari 2012/07/11 06:32:41
    +1
    Just watched the Pilot. The man has some extremely serious issues to 'exorcise'.
  • Gregaj7 тrisʜɑ 2012/07/11 04:43:56
    It's the ONLY show she watches, in full. That's what's making me curious about her obsession with it. I have Season's 1-3 on hold, but Season 2 will arrive (queue 1) before Season 1 (52).
  • wpsark safari 2012/07/10 19:41:30
    wpsark
    +1
    Oh the deb luv thing, she's such a hoe, I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a move on Dexter. I hope not though, that's just not needed lol...
  • safari wpsark 2012/07/10 20:12:23
    safari
    +1
    The first season Deb annoyed me considerably!!! lol I've grown to like her better - she is screwed up as well and getting to know her flaws and understand her strengths in spite of them has helped me to be more favorable towards her character. Being they are not blood bro and sister - it doesn't creep me out like it would if they were. I think it just adds more depth and suspense to the larger plot and story line that she has these feelings. My question is - if Dex has the same feelings.. if he is even capable of feelings.
  • wpsark safari 2012/07/10 20:15:14
    wpsark
    +1
    ya, she's grown on me too. It will be great to see how it plays out
  • wpsark 2012/07/10 18:02:55
    wpsark
    +2
    Well since Deb might have found him out, I think she'll give up being a cop so that she doesn't have to arrest Dexter
  • safari wpsark 2012/07/10 19:06:09
    safari
    +2
    Remember how she let Lumen and Dex go when she came upon them behind the wall at the scene of the death of her torturer? I kinda think she can relate to vigilante justice.
  • wpsark safari 2012/07/10 19:40:17 (edited)
    wpsark
    +2
    Oh I forgot about that...So this is the 2nd time she's caught him...I think my favorite season was the one with John Lithgoe in it(maybe b/c they killed off Rita that season :-D) Hopefully this season will surpass them all though. Can't wait.
  • safari wpsark 2012/07/10 20:15:53 (edited)
    safari
    +2
    But she didn't know it was him and Lumen behind the wall - she walked away without knowing who it was she let go. Just saying it shows she has something inside of her that saw what was done as justice rather than as a crime that she needed to respond to as a cop. - She has also suffered at the hands of a serial killer - Brian, so she has an emotional response outside of what her job entails.
  • тrisʜɑ safari 2012/07/10 23:14:28
    тrisʜɑ
    +1
    Remember Deb knows Dexter and Brian Moser are related, something might trigger in her mind about that. When Lumen entered Dexter's life in one point, she saw who Dexter really was. Throughout Deb's life, she comes to understand that every man in her life has either turned out to be a serial killer or been shot down and then all of a sudden she's realized that the only person she can trust is Dexter. (If I were her, my life would be such a dilemma lol).

I think that in the next season, we are going to see the more emotional side of Dexter(just a thought), rather than Deb. I believe that Dexter will open up more and there will be conflicts between him and his sister. If they do get together, things will get complicated and I still think that it's unlikely for that to happen. She's already been in a relationship with The Ice Truck Killer, and having found out that Dexter and him are blood brothers.. she doesn't know what he's capable of. We all don't know how she will react to this incident. After all, wouldn't you be shocked to see someone you trusted killing another human being? Being Dexter's sister, she may have this thought in her head that Dexter isn't a MONSTER. She may also think of how Rita's death is what drove Dexter to become emotionally damaged-- even to what happened to him as a child.

Anyways, these are just a few of my theories. Care to share yours?

2014/10/24 21:20:25