WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU MISS ABOUT THE GOOD OLE DAYS ---LIST THEM

True~Male 2007/07/15 22:55:13
LIST SOME OF THE THINGS FROM THE PAST THAT YOU MISS OR REMEMBER FONDLY

• debra 2007/07/16 13:33:28 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    debra
    +12
    Full service gas stations..if you have car trouble now good luck finding help...I miss stores being closed on Sundays and Holidays ..I miss good decent TV programs with no cussing ....I miss women wearing dresses the majority of the time..I grew up when all girls had to wear dresses to school ect..wouldn't want that again but women need to dress more conservatively again..more feminine...miss families being together or visiting like they use to...mine still does but there are many that don't even know their families...miss the media not trashing everyone...and decent celebrities that kept their noses cleaner in public..miss everyone going to church..most people went to some church when I grew up..now few go regularly or at all. I miss going to Woolworths and sitting at the snack bar...Drive-In threaters with petting zoos....milk man and the bread man...

• . 2009/03/15 08:18:14 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    .
    Happy Days and Red Foxx.

happy days red fox
  • Jay 2009/03/09 04:45:57 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    Jay
    +1
    I miss that you could buy a weeks worth of groceries for $20, and that a dollar bought several grocery items, like milk, eggs, butter, and bread.

I miss that Lucy couldn't sleep in the same bed as Desi, on their t.v. show, even though they were married in real life.

I miss that kids could play outside, pretty much unsupervised, until dark in the summers, and I miss seeing kids playing kick the can, and other made up games, outside. They are too busy with their computer games.

I miss soda fountains, where you could by ice cream cones, and ice cream sundaes, and root beer floats.

I miss the five and dime stores like Woolworths.

I don't miss dragging in that old wringer washer machine, and that box to set the laundry tub on, and that laundry tub, every Saturday, from the back porch, and then having to fill it, and getting your hands caught in the wringers, just to do the washing.

I don't miss those rubber girdles, (which you had to wear even if you were a size 7)

tub saturday washing hands caught wringers rubber girdles wear 7
  • USAmom 2009/03/09 03:22:12
    I Miss and remember
    USAmom
    Fun, laid back summer parties at the beach, my fuzzy foot shaped rug on the floor by my bed, mood rings, big bell bottom hip hugging jeans, muscle cars and rock concerts every weekend. rings bell hip hugging jeans muscle cars rock concerts weekend rings bell hip hugging jeans muscle cars rock concerts weekend rings bell hip hugging jeans muscle cars rock concerts weekend rings bell hip hugging jeans muscle cars rock concerts weekend
  • . USAmom 2009/03/15 18:27:07
  • USAmom . 2009/03/15 19:36:37
  • Boss Hogg~NOBama 2008/05/18 02:52:43
    I Miss and remember
    Boss Hogg~NOBama
    +1
    Parachute Pants

• True~Male Boss Ho... 2008/05/18 03:06:24
  • Gun665 2008/04/26 07:06:48
  • True~Male Gun665 2008/05/18 03:08:28
    True~Male
    +2
    I miss Red Skelton show on Tuesday nights and the Ed Sullivan On Sunday nights
  • USAmom True~Male 2009/03/09 03:25:15 (edited)
    USAmom
    +1
    I miss that show too. Red Skelton was fantasic. I have some of his original shows on DVD. (Chistmas ones with Clem Cadiddlehopper and the Silent Spot) I was just a little girl then but I have fond memories of that show.
  • Scott's sodahead 2008/03/07 15:26:26 (edited)
    I miss and remember
    Scott's sodahead
    +4
    being able to walk to the store with my friends...

now i feel like i have to bring something to protect myself
  • USAmom Scott's... 2009/03/09 03:26:06
    USAmom
    Me too, sad huh? sad huh
  • doc 2008/02/03 03:25:41
    I miss and remember
    doc
    +3
    Too much to list...
  • True~Male doc 2008/03/07 15:35:00
    True~Male
    +1
    I miss 60 cent a gallon gasoline
  • Betty "Jesus is Lord" 2007/11/20 04:21:47
    I miss and remember
    Betty   "Jesus is Lord"
    +5
    My Dad, nickle candy bars, nickle soda pops, playing cowboys and indians with my brothers, hide and go seek with neighborhood kids, saturday movies, being a kid, highschool friends, my small waistline.
  • Jay Betty ... 2009/03/09 05:26:45 (edited)
    Jay
    +2
    I used to play cowboys and indians, lol! I guess that wouldn't be politically correct today. I remember running everywhere, slapping my side, as if I was making my imaginary horse gallop, by doing that. I miss Roy Roger's, and Dale Evan's movies, too and the many cartoons before each movie, and it was only about a quarter to get into a double feature with several cartoons.
  • Betty ... Jay 2009/03/10 12:40:24
    Betty   "Jesus is Lord"
    +1
    Yep, those were the days.
  • Milk Maid 2007/11/07 06:19:17
    I Miss and remember
    Milk Maid
    +2
    I miss the 80's
  • illachick 2007/10/21 00:08:56
  • Gramma Lil 2007/09/27 07:01:42
    I Miss and remember
    Gramma Lil
    +5
    When five dollars of gas filled your tank. When I didn't have to dye my hair to cover the gray. When I was 30 and they still asked for my I.D.!! When I could take all the kids to see a new movie that just came out at the drive-in for $5.00 a carload. When the only time we had to see O.J. was running in a 30 second Hertz commercial.
  • Maria 2007/09/26 20:13:40
    I Miss and remember
    Maria
    +1
    my old friends, school, not worrying about much
    but then I also don’t miss a lot of bad stuff
  • Roni 2007/09/25 01:57:40
    I Miss and remember
    Roni
    +1
    The milkman coming to the house, and the bakery man. MMM smells so good
  • USAmom Roni 2009/03/09 03:46:08
  • rose of texas 2007/09/03 03:00:28
    I Miss and remember
    rose of texas
    +4
    I miss and remember quite a few things.
    1. Playing baseball and/or softball all day
    2. Being able to climb and swing from tree limbs.
    3. Playing tag with my friends
    4. Swinging from the trapezes on the school ground and playing on other equipment that they now don't allow on school grounds
    5.I miss going out on a date to see either a double or triple movie at the local drive in
    6. Paying 39 cents for a gallon of gas
    7. Being able to buy more food for less money which now is impossible
    8. Being able to drive into a service station for full service treatment

There is just so many but these are just a few of the things I miss and remember about the good ole days.
  • Ginny 2007/08/30 17:41:02
    I Miss and remember
    Ginny
    +3
    Friends and family that have passed, my childhood hometown 4th of July Parade, riding horses and my bike without any fear of falling off, playing softball, dodgeball, on the jungle jims and other games for hours and never getting tired. Picking cherries, apples, apricots, peaches and much more right off the trees and enjoying the taste REAL taste.
  • The Hand of John 2007/08/23 13:30:27 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    The Hand of John
    +3
    penny candy. Long gone now. It was a good time when a poor kid could bring a single quarter into a store and come out with a little bag full of treats.
  • USAmom The Han... 2009/03/09 03:46:54
  • <--That guy 2007/07/30 15:40:18
    I miss and remember
    <--That guy
    +4
    Not worrying about anything.
  • USAmom <--That... 2009/03/09 03:47:29
  • GEMINII : queen of hope 2007/07/25 14:09:00
    I Miss and remember
    GEMINII : queen of hope
    +4
    some people that ive met and havent seen in ages, miss running down the road after the ice cream truck, playing marbles, going to school and the only problem i had was whether i finished my home work, staying up all night talking to my best friend in school on sleep overs, going to bars with my friends when i turned 21, i could go on for a bit but i do miss the good ole days for sure!!!
  • Pekins 2007/07/17 10:03:45 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    Pekins
    +4
    The 5 and dime stores, Woolworth's, & Mc Crory's
    Double features at the indoor theatres
    Doctors that made house calls
    45's
    Horse drawn fruit & vegetable wagon., I can still hear the fruit man yelling "getcha banaaaaaaaaaaanas"
    Knowing everyone in your neighborhood by their first names, although for most adults children used Mr. or Mrs.
    American Bandstand
    Rides on the whip, which was on the back of a truck that came into the neighborhood as frequently as the Good Humor man, everyday
    And most of all, family members and friends who have since passed on
  • True~Male Pekins 2007/07/17 13:11:03
    True~Male
    +3
    Hoola hoops, key tightened roller skates, Sunday Drives , our family would pile into the car and just go for a Sunday Drive-- of course gas was 25 cents then.
  • #1Misty Pekins 2007/07/17 18:41:27
    #1Misty
    +1
    Only a couple of my kids' close friends have my permission to call me by my first name, the calling of grown ups-- Mr. ,Mrs., or Miss, is one tradition that should be kept alive,,it's just plain good manners.
  • brad 2007/07/16 13:59:47
    I Miss and remember
    brad
    +5
    YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • jackrorabbit 2007/07/16 13:53:42
    I Miss and remember
    jackrorabbit
    +4
    Not being afraid to ride my bike around the neighborhood.
    Penny candy
    Leaving the house unlocked for a short jaunt to the store
    Playing outside and not video games
    Video arcades that actually had a game worth playing.
  • debra 2007/07/16 13:33:28 (edited)
    I Miss and remember
    debra
    +12
  • True~Male debra 2007/07/16 14:51:44
    True~Male
    +2
    I MISS PINBALL MACHINES AND THE BELLS AND WHISELS FROM IT , THE 5 AND DIME STORES ALL OVER
  • valrie life's a Beach! 2007/07/16 13:08:07
    I Miss and remember
    valrie life's a Beach!
    +5
    The Good Humor Man-he came to our neighborhood around the time naps were over and not in a truck but walked a cart. His name was Mr. Mooney and I remember one day he had a new flavor popsicle-Banana!
    I also miss my Mom's cooking-she made the best fried chicken and biscuits ever!
    I miss going to Sears and getting a little bag of peanuts or cashews - they were warm. yum
  • RIC HARD valrie ... 2007/07/16 20:07:46
    RIC HARD
    +2
    Banana popcicles were the bomb!
  • Teedee 2007/07/16 12:49:23
    I Miss and remember
    Teedee
    +5
    The ole General Store..they were soooo cool..and the penny candy.. The store at the end of our road when we lived in Iran..The people that ran it was sooooo good to us kids.Heck...I just miss being a kid :))

2014/11/29 01:39:12