WATCH > Is This 'Flour Gone Wrong' Video Real or Fake?

Fun 2011/11/22 22:00:00
Hypothetical situation: you're a kid and your mom has just discovered that you've demolished the house with a huge bag of flour. Does she a) make a YouTube video of her reaction, b) scream at the top of her lungs until the neighbors show up or c) send you to your room and ground you for eternity?

Most people would typically respond with either a B or C -- but one mother decided to go with an A, which has the whole World Wide Web raising its eyebrows.

As of yesterday, there's been a YouTube video circulating around the web of a mother who's (allegedly) just discovered that her two little boys have trashed the house with a 5lb bag of flour.

And just as quickly, there's been speculation that the video is a fraud because the mom's reaction is simply too mild-mannered for someone who's just come to the realization that her house is a big fat mess because of her two boys, who don't seem to be too worried about the repercussions of what they just did. (Any little kid who's ruined anything in their house will tell you that there will be a crazy time-out session, if not a spanking.)

What do you have to say about the video? Is it a real reaction -- or an absolute fake?

• All American 2011/11/22 22:57:54
    Fake
    All American
    +9
    The flour on the pictures, window sills and on top of the TV convinced me. I guess mom has a whole lot of time on her hands, she's gonna need it to clean up HER mess.

• PortaPocketGal 2011/11/23 14:23:18
    Fake
    PortaPocketGal
    +1
    this is so obvious a staged & fake scene it's pathetic. seriously.
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2011/11/23 14:20:27
  • Cricket 2011/11/23 14:15:24
    Fake
    Cricket
    +3
    How many "Oh my gosh's" can she say? Then she says she doesn't know what to do~~~~how stupid of her. This looks like a set up to me, very, very fake. Everyone I've ever known usually keeps their flour on higher shelves if not in a container and the package itself is sometimes hard to open it's so tightly packed in, so doubtful these children did this all by themselves. The entire thing is fishy.
  • Turings... Cricket 2011/11/23 17:28:57
    TuringsChild
    +1
    She didn't know what to do? How about getting the vacuum cleaner out for starters? LOL
  • Cricket Turings... 2011/11/23 17:32:03
    Cricket
    That's right!
  • misha 2011/11/23 14:09:58
    Fake
    misha
    +3
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Jesus. Shut up and start cleaning.
  • Cricket misha 2011/11/23 17:37:48
    Cricket
    lolz

paw over mouth
  • OhGoshItsHayley 2011/11/23 13:51:26
    Fake
    OhGoshItsHayley
    +1
    The mom is way too calm, if I was their mom, the entire video would be of me slapping them up the side of their head :p
  • Dhawgg 2011/11/23 13:26:42
    Real
    Dhawgg
    +2
    I'm a parent. It could be real but the truth is... I just don't care.
  • Awesome T Dhawgg 2011/11/23 16:22:23
    Awesome T
    lol
  • Reality-Check 2011/11/23 13:11:30
    Fake
    Reality-Check
    +3
    FAKE FAIL keep taking the Valium mom...

children of that age have a play arena no bigger than about a square metre.. she should have read some 'child psychology books' before doing this...

Silly woman...
  • Ben 2011/11/23 12:32:08
    Fake
    Ben
    +5
    You don't have to be Dexter to realise that the flour spatter trajectory vs the childrens' height don't add up. The acting is also pretty horrible. If I were on that video you would hear me yelling some pretty bad stuff....you know, if it were real. Then again, I'd probably deserve it if I were the idiot who left the flour out in the first place.
  • Michael... Ben 2011/11/23 19:01:54
    Michael McFascist
    very good analysis. I concur wholeheartedly.
  • Aksana 2011/11/23 11:48:25
    Real
    Aksana
    +2
    Kids are capable of doing anything...l think its real and possible
  • Gasbagmike 2011/11/23 11:44:44
    Fake
    Gasbagmike
  • ToxicChili 2011/11/23 10:40:49
    Fake
    ToxicChili
    +1
    Shame they don't have some eggs to smash in with it.
  • Turings... ToxicChili 2011/11/23 17:30:46
    TuringsChild
    That would have created a REAL mess. Plain flour is easy to vacuum up. Egg is another story entirely.
  • Ego Death 2011/11/23 10:30:02
    Fake
    Ego Death
    +2
    This is what Pablo Escobar's house might have looked like.
  • cin Ego Death 2011/11/23 17:40:08
    cin
    lol!
  • janet 2011/11/23 09:40:10
    Fake
    janet
    +2
    One,,mother is way to calm
    Two.. Way too much mess for two kids to make
    Three.. Where were the adults in this house that these kids were left alone to have made such a mess
    Enough said
  • Met 2011/11/23 09:27:45
    Fake
    Met
    +3
    Obviously fake, who walks around recording on the off chance you'll catch your kids screwing up your house? And then doesn't freak out and kill one to serve as a warning to the other?

On the bright side, you can view this as an educational video, of why you don't let your 4 year old cut and package your cocaine. They just don't do a very good job.
  • twhiting9275 2011/11/23 08:17:50
    Fake
    twhiting9275
    +1
    Absolutely fake!
  • Dolly 2011/11/23 08:05:30
    Real
    Dolly
    +2
    Ah, the curses of little kids left alone too long to their own devices.
  • Rollo G... Dolly 2011/11/23 08:28:35
    Rollo Goodlove
    +2
    Exactly, the people who think it's fake have obviously never babysit for toddlers! Al of a sudden it's too quiet, and you realize that you haven't seen them for 6 minutes.......
  • Met Rollo G... 2011/11/23 09:32:22
    Met
    +4
    I've babysat toddlers, and i know they can make a mess, one thing they cannot do, or don't do as a matter of practice is cover an entire house with anything using an equal coat from windowsill to lip of the tv. It's staged. Obviously so because of the detail to the mess.

A typical todder would have a trail of flour from the kitchen to the living room, then a pile in the floor where they are playing, and maybe some hand prints here and there. Also, they had 1 bag of flour... There's half that on the chair alone.
  • Rollo G... Met 2011/11/23 14:44:21
    Rollo Goodlove
    And you've put all that together from a you tube video, hell, you shouldn't be wasting time on soda head, you should get down to your local police department, you could probably patch up half of those unsolved cases before lunch.
  • Met Rollo G... 2011/11/23 14:49:16
    Met
    +2
    Oh look, an attempt at a witty insult, in the face of being wrong. ...And on soda head no less... who'd of thunk it.

• Rollo G... Met 2011/11/23 19:23:47
    Rollo Goodlove
    I'm wrong? Based simply on what you assume from 30 seconds of video? Neither one of us was there, so how can you" know" this information for sure?
  • carri b... Rollo G... 2011/11/23 14:50:10
    carri byers
    +2
    I picked all that up in the first minute of the video - that kind of observation comes from lots and lots of experience with children.
  • Just Jenn for Now 2011/11/23 07:29:21
    Fake
    Just Jenn for Now
    +5
    Uuum... sorry but she wasn't freaked out enough... also, that looks like WAY more than ONE bag of flour.

Also, even if they were throwing it, the placing of the flour on the sills of the windows and picture frames looks too generous and even precise. I doubt children that young can even throw flour that high and land enough of it so perfectly on the edges of the objects.

I don't think someone would say "Oh I'm gonna be sick" or "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh" repeatedly like that, and need I even mention the "snowman puked all over my living room" line?? This isn't a natural reaction AT ALL.

Another thing - why record the whole thing allowing your kids to keep on playing with it rather than say "STOP THAT!" to them?

Also, is it just me or do the children saying "what's mommy?" sounds rehearsed?

To me this looks like another video that tried to get viral - and thanks to SodaHead, it has been helped right along. This is more like a FAIL gone viral.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2011/11/23 06:53:49
    Fake
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    The flour was too evenly distributed for the random acts of children.
  • Mary'sTears 2011/11/23 06:39:39
    Real
    Mary'sTears
    +1
    I imagine small kids do things like that,but it's obvious the mom just saw an opportunity to get attention and possibly a reality show deal.
  • Gr8Scott! 2011/11/23 06:18:09
    Fake
    Gr8Scott!
    +4
    Fake.

Watch it again, the one little boy says: "What happened, mommy?" (2:10-2:13)
  • MoNyOh 2011/11/23 06:15:35
    Real
    MoNyOh
    +2
    I voted real, why? because my nephew once did it and my sister was sooo damn cool.
    Real
    +2
    Oh, the things that Little Children will do .. when MOM is not around ..
    (Some a truly ... devious .. /creative/ ... indeed)
    Believe me .. one knows screaming does absolutely nothing ..
    Sending the child to their room is a reward (trust me on this .. you really need to have the kiddies HELP clean up their mess for the lesson to be learned)

I'd go with .. believable .. because taking the PICTURES ..
    To use when the kiddies become TEENAGERS ..
    To have them AVAILABLE and SHOW them to the Teens' Dates ...

IS the most priceless bit of /mommy revenge/ that can be made!
  • CG sglmom 2011/11/23 17:30:30
    CG
    +1
    So the 1 and 3 year old boys climbed on to the counter, took the 5 pound bag of flour out of the cupboard (without falling). Carried it into the living room, opened the bag without tearing it at all (I can't even open a bag of flour without tearing it). Then made that mess, all she can do is say "Oh my gosh"... And of course sing to the kid, "Did you get into the flour?" like she was asking him if he had just made a peepee in the potty....?????
  • sglmom CG 2011/11/23 20:53:28
    +1
    YES .. They CAN get on the counter (I know this .. my own two at that age .. were quite the gymnasts .. would push chairs, their toys, get boxes, anything to build a little tower and get onto counters, etc .. It was quite interesting their 'inventiveness' overall)

YES .. they CAN lift 5 lb bags of flour .. my two at 2-3 yrs old could definitely help me by carrying into the house bits of the groceries I purchased (and yes, it included bags of sugar and flour too) ..

YES .. they can get things down withOUT destroying the bags ..

YES .. they CAN carry the things into the living room from the Kitchen ..

and yes, it is quite aggravating indeed .. but you have to laugh and take the camera .. take the images .. and use them in the future against the children when they are FULLY Adult and grown .. and then complain to YOU .. the Grandparent about the Antics of THEIR children ..

ALWAYS a great way to say .. "I TOLD YOU SO!" .. by showing them the pics of the antics they did as toddlers too!
  • Rollo Goodlove 2011/11/23 05:13:39
    Real
    Rollo Goodlove
    +2
    I have seen some of the stuff my grandkids get into if you turn your back for a second. In fact they did this with powder once! And I don't know what reaction you people expect her to have, but as a rule, you usually don't cchimp out and beat a toddler for getting into stuff, it's what toddlers do! Wft is wrong with you people?
  • carri b... Rollo G... 2011/11/23 14:56:07
    carri byers
    +1
    We've been parents and grandparents and we know what kids are capable of. Look at the furniture in the room - the distribution of flour was obviously from above and far to evenly distributed - and there are no little footprints on the couches...just throwing flour randomly doesn't distribute it like that. I'm willing to believe the kids made some of the mess - but mom obviously helped to inhance the scene. And, no you don't beat a toddler - you laugh till you cry at something like this or you let your anger get the most of you and scream at them - you don't quietly tape the whole scene saying over and over in a whisper "oh my gosh".
  • Rollo G... carri b... 2011/11/23 22:00:29
    Rollo Goodlove
    Oh o.k. every human being on earth will have the same reaction to a situation as YOU would have, otherwise something is amiss?

2014/09/01 21:32:12