WATCH > Does This '16 And Pregnant' Spoof Speak the Truth?

Fun 2011/08/01 18:35:50
With reality shows like "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom," do you ever worry that normal, well-adjusted teens are becoming the minority?

Well, sketch group LandlineTV does -- which is why they're giving mentally and emotionally secure teens the 15 minutes of fame they deserve.

"16 and Well-Adjusted" is exactly what it sounds like. It's a new reality show (read: funny spoof) about a teenage girl who -- gasp! -- isn't pregnant and doesn't have to drop out of school to join the ranks of other single moms.

Oh yeah, and her boyfriend's totally normal too.

• TheMadChameleon 2011/08/02 02:41:26
    Yes, what ever happened to normal people?!
    TheMadChameleon
    Well, normal is stretching it. I don't know that 'normal' exists. But yeah, funny as all heck!
  • OhWowLovelyXx0 2011/08/02 01:53:36
    OhWowLovelyXx0
    +1
    im 16 and NOT pregnant! :)
  • carrotcat OhWowLo... 2011/08/02 02:43:30
    carrotcat
    +2
    I guess we're alone while our friends are doing normal teenage stuff like "deciding whether to get an abortion, adoption, or keeping their baby". LOL
  • OhWowLo... carrotcat 2011/08/02 02:45:37
    OhWowLovelyXx0
    +1
    lol..its so funny cuz i one of my friend is pregnant! lol shes so dumb! xP
  • carrotcat OhWowLo... 2011/08/02 03:37:44
    carrotcat
    +1
    XD well she can be on 16 and pregnant!
  • OhWowLo... carrotcat 2011/08/03 00:45:52
    OhWowLovelyXx0
    +1
    i think so.. since her and her boyfriend arent working things out! xP
    lol
  • GabrielliaNicole 2011/08/02 01:39:23
    GabrielliaNicole
    It seems like everywhere you go now, there is a teen mom. I even get the "Oh my god, she is pregnant" look and Im not even pregnant!
  • ♥Lyss♥ 2011/08/02 01:28:02 (edited)
    ♥Lyss♥
    "Do you want to have unprotected sex right now?" This is hilarious. xD
    unprotected sex hilarious xd lol
  • Linda 2011/08/02 01:06:12
    Linda
    I honestly dont know but it very well could be.
  • Xx ☠Shadow's Darkness xX 2011/08/02 01:05:28
    Xx ☠Shadow's Darkness xX
  • MJ 2011/08/02 00:59:09
    MJ
    +1
    I think MTV was stupid for even coming up with that idea for a show....but anyways this is pretty funny
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2011/08/02 00:22:05
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    This is so sadly true for far too many girls. There are still a lot of well-adjusted normal teenagers out there who are starting to have more self-respect for themselves than we did when I was on in the 70's. I see a bigger division in the population and it will evolve into a bigger gap between the haves and have nots.
  • Linda Gracie ... 2011/08/02 01:09:32
    Linda
    +1
    yes it is sad and even sadder that some girls think being pregnant at 16 or in their teens is cool. so much that they try repeatedly to get pregnant until they are. and then half of the times the baby ends up getting put up for adoption because the parents of the girl dont want the responsibility of another baby. which I think is fair especially if they are all done having kids.
  • RobHom 2011/08/02 00:14:57
  • jessica garcia 2011/08/02 00:10:27
    jessica garcia
    LOL to funny I didn't know this was suppose to be a comedy.....
  • jacktown kid 2011/08/02 00:06:27
    No, it's an overreaction. Per usual.
    jacktown kid
    Reaction as usual
  • ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2011/08/02 00:03:18
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    lol. sounds like a lot less crap then 16 and pregnant.
  • Yes, what ever happened to normal people?!
    ♥Bribri♥ ~Killjoy!~ IchLiebeDichCody(: {08.13.09}
    +3
    MTV is stupid for giving pregnant teens a show -_-
  • RobHom ♥Bribri... 2011/08/02 00:16:12
    RobHom
    +3
    I think "braindead and moronic" is more like it.... They should have stuck to "music videos"...
  • Imperfect*Love 2011/08/01 23:54:34
    No, it's an overreaction. Per usual.
    Imperfect*Love
    +1
    i clicked no because its not funny. there are teen girls who dont or cant follow their dreams,complete high school,and do other stuff and their excuse isnt "i was or am pregnant".
    teen girls who are pregnant still can have a healthy relationship with their parents while people who wasnt a teen parent still struggle with having a good relationship with their parents. and its so funny(jk,being sarcastic) how they we're eating fast food while the skinny chick was eating a salad. its a dumb spoof about something so real. and when it comes to college you dont have to be a teen mom or pregnant to not go. other big factors are involved with that like MONEY. and the main thing i cant stand about this video is how all the pregnant girls are happy and this girl is so miserable for no reason. spoof or not its dumb.
  • RawrRawrNinjaCupCake<3 2011/08/01 23:30:54
    RawrRawrNinjaCupCake<3
    +1
    I gotta say I liked this x3
    If only more girls my age where like this.
    Thank god I'm much more like the girl in the video xD
  • Jaz Killjoy Way 2011/08/01 23:30:42
    Jaz Killjoy Way
    +3
    I hate this show like really these girls r stupid for having sex at a early young like come on am 17 am smarter then tat
  • James Jaz Kil... 2011/08/01 23:33:47
    James
    I hope they don't spell as bad as you do though.
  • RobHom James 2011/08/02 00:20:51
    RobHom
    +1
    Come on now....give him a little credit for having some sense!!
  • James RobHom 2011/08/02 00:39:23
    James
    +1
    Wow, these kinds of things really piss me off. Why don't you give ME a little credit for putting up with it, huh?
  • RobHom James 2011/08/02 01:23:42
    RobHom
    OK...you get credit for putting up with it. But give him a little credit for not being a douchebag... :->
  • James RobHom 2011/08/02 02:26:14 (edited)
    James
    -_-' Let me get this straight, I tell you not to tell me to give him credit and instead you call me a douche bag.... interesting...
  • RobHom James 2011/08/02 02:51:26
    RobHom
    Wrong.... Lets try this again.... OK, follow the words and read very slowly:

OK...you get credit for putting up with it (his spelling)... got that? OK... But give HIM a little credit for not being a douchebag.

Is that clear??
  • James RobHom 2011/08/02 10:16:22
    James
    Exactly, and by saying that, you are insinuating that I am a douchebag.

-__- old folk these days don't realize their own tones/words.
  • RobHom James 2011/08/03 02:09:42
    RobHom
    Is English your second language, or are you too young to properly understand English as a written language??

Don't try to read things into a sentence that are not there.

Us "old folks" can and do realize exactly what we are saying...I guess its the "still wet behind the ears" crowd that can't grasp the simple meaning of a simple statement.
  • James RobHom 2011/08/03 13:27:03
    James
    Wow, you must be from another country. Let me break this down for you, "Give him credit for NOT being a douchebag" is what you responded to my comment with. By saying the final words, you are insinuating that you feel I have been a douchebag to you in someway. Now, if this is not the case then I am sorry.

I have never been so insulted. English is a second language to me? No! Not in a million years would I ever have anything other than English as a first language!

Not when they're cenial they don't and I'm getting the impression that you are being quite cenial in your old age.
  • RobHom James 2011/08/06 01:57:36
    RobHom
    Nope...American born and raised.

You read something into a sentence that was not there. You misunderstood. There was not the slightest inference toward you.

Don't take things and yourself so seriously in a place like this. Its far too easy to get caught up in what is not actually present.

BTW...the word is spelled "SENILE", something I am not. Still have all my marbles, and when I shake my head there are no rattling sounds.... :->
  • James RobHom 2011/08/06 04:37:47
    James
    +1
    Actually I don't mis-understand, I over think/analyze things. Besides, your word choice is one that has been used by many to throw a "under the table" shot at someone which is why I took it that way.

I usually don't. :/

Yeah, I realized that AFTER I clicked "Submit," but didn't feel like changing it. Sorry about the vulgarness I subjected you to though.
  • RobHom James 2011/08/09 01:05:45
    RobHom
    Not a problem!! I do however applaud your ability to take a step back and review the issue. Speaks highly of you as a person.

While many will go for an "under the table" shot as you call it, and I have seen it myself...trust me when I say: I don't do that. If I'm going to take a shot at someone.... I do it out in the open.

:->
  • James RobHom 2011/08/09 04:13:29
    James
    +1
    Well thank you :)

That's what I like to hear but don't see all to often. Those who just come right and say it seem to be a rarity now-a-days.
  • RobHom James 2011/08/13 01:46:07
    RobHom
    :-> Not a problem.... I've been around long enough to know that honesty deserves honesty in return!!
  • Fowler Jaz Kil... 2011/08/01 23:38:11
    Fowler
    now all you gotta do is master that pesky grammar thing.
  • RobHom Fowler 2011/08/02 00:19:28
    RobHom
  • Fowler RobHom 2011/08/09 00:52:13
    Fowler
    +1
    It's a good thing he isn't responsible for a child. For that he gets credit, but at 17 he should know how to use written English. agree?
  • RobHom Fowler 2011/08/09 01:06:57
    RobHom
    True enough....but at the same time, I think he was using a little bit of "texting abbreviation"...which isn't really appropriate here.....

2014/08/01 12:08:31