This Graphic Will Offend...

Link 2012/05/20 18:12:59
This Graphic Will Offend Your Anti-Gay Relatives – Guaranteed!

Posted on May 18, 2012 by Jeb

Share this now!

graphic offend anti-gay relatives guaranteed posted 18 2012 jeb sharegraphic offend anti-gay relatives guaranteed posted 18 2012 jeb sharegraphic offend anti-gay relatives guaranteed posted 18 2012 jeb share

Sometimes offending people is necessary.

• FencerCat 2012/05/21 00:13:47
    FencerCat
    +4
    Well put. I loved the one poster: "One man, one woman for life." How many men and women respect that one?

• SoCalEx-Dem 2012/06/21 07:56:37
    SoCalEx-Dem
    No comparison. I was in an inter-racial marriage. Its still one man one women and a bunch of kids. 40 years ago you could go to jail for being gay, see you've come along way baby.
  • Link SoCalEx... 2012/06/21 11:25:11
    Link
    Well, not me personally, as I'm not gay... I just fully support their rights...
  • SoCalEx... Link 2012/06/21 19:52:58
    SoCalEx-Dem
    How benevolent of you. I support their right to a civil marriage, but you can't force everyone to just expect that Churches will turn their back on God to allow this in a religious setting. Nor do I want my grandchildren taught how to be gay by the public schools. Which is what they are forcing on the schools in California. When you think about the fact that gays are 2% of the population, why should they be allowed to tramp on the beliefs of the 70% of Christians in this country? Does NAMBLA ring a bell with you? these are the people behind the gay movement, and their intention is to get their hands on our young boys, by first getting this passed and then continue on to lower the age of consent. Has nothing to do with equality, but some sick old men who want to be legal Pedophiles. As old as you are you should have been aware of this, its not a new thing.
  • Link SoCalEx... 2012/06/21 20:53:01
    Link
    Right off the bat, who mentioned Churches? Churches are private entities... if a Church chooses not to marry same-sex couples, that is their right... the Government is also in many cases refusing them the legal, not religious, right to marry... and refer to mine and others' posts and replies that cites the fact that in the history of Christianity (including Catholicism), prior to the Puritan movement, it was regular practice for Churches to marry same-sex couples in the same rites as heterosexual couples, and bless those marriages... also, in the history of Christianity (including Catholicism), it was not only common, but was no secret for priests and other Church leaders and elders to have their "favourite boys" for sex... And are you referring to the very same Churches that have harboured, hidden the facts and defended pedophile priests (and I'm sure higher ups) knowing that they were sexually abusing alter boys? Why were they hiding the facts and defending them? They were more worried about their image than they were about protecting the boys...

As for the public school teaching your grandchildren "how to be gay", who said anything about that?

As for NAMBLA, I do not support the lowering of the legal age of consent. I don't know anything about NAMBLA trying to get their hands on our young boys.
  • SoCalEx... Link 2012/06/21 22:26:18
    SoCalEx-Dem
    Well now that you mention it about teaching my grandchildren about how to have gay sex. The state of California is doing it in the public schools starting at a very young age. As old as you are, you should know about NAMBLA and the money they have poured into this quest over many years. You can try to trash religion haw ever you wish, it doesn't bother me. Its your soul to lose not mine.
  • Link SoCalEx... 2012/06/21 23:02:55
    Link
    Well, that I can't control, and that has nothing to do with the true fight for LGBTQ fight for equal treatment.

I'm not trashing any religion, just stating facts...

I haven't paid a whole of attention to NAMBLA... At any rate, I can support LGBTQ and equal rights and equal treatment without agreeing with such foolishness and those who feign true support with their own hidden agendas... No matter what the fight, there will always be those with selfish, self-serving motives who will ride on the waves of others misery...
  • SoCalEx... Link 2012/06/21 23:14:47
    SoCalEx-Dem
    You can support whatever you like, but you need to stop trying to force everyone to agree with you. Persecutions of religion is why we came to the United States on those ships many years ago. Now we have to battle it here as well.
  • Link SoCalEx... 2012/06/22 13:09:40
    Link
    I am debating, and giving my thoughts and opinions which is fully within my rights as much as yours... I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me... and no one's forcing you to read my replies or reply to them...

If you agreed with me, you'd be raving my replies... you don't agree with me, therefore you have the reaction you express here in your reply (replies)...
  • Link SoCalEx... 2012/06/21 12:15:42 (edited)
    Link
    I am copy/pasting this from another of my replies to below:

I don't think interracial marriage is stupid or wrong or anything else. I'm all for it! But! I am also all for same sex relationships and marriages and their equal rights...

It really isn't any different, my friend: You have the right to choose who to love, and who to marry, regardless of what others think and feel about it. They should also have the very same rights.

Marriage is about LOVE, not gender...

Equality is about EVERYONE being treated equally, equitably, fairly... NO EXCEPTIONS...
    Equality is NOT selective ... Equality doesn't mean "only you can be treated equally, but not them"... that's not Equality... that's picking and choosing who has rights and who doesn't...

Slavery was ended because black folks were not being treated as EQUALS

Segregation was ended because black folks were not being treated as EQUALS

Women earned the right to work and vote because women were not being treated as EQUALS

Interracial Couples got to marry because interracial couples were not being treated as EQUALS

If you believe in Interracial Couples having received the right to be out in the open and marry and all just like any same race couple, and you truly believe in equality, equitable treatment, fairness, and have benefited ...

Marriage is about LOVE, not gender...

Equality is NOT selective... Equality doesn't mean "only you can be treated equally, but not them"... that's not Equality... that's picking and choosing who has rights and who doesn't...

If you believe in Interracial Couples having received the right to be out in the open and marry and all just like any same race couple, and you truly believe in equality, equitable treatment, fairness, and have benefited from (it in your own interracial marriage), then how can you possibly believe in SELECTING WHO DESERVES TO BE TREATED EQUALLY? What makes you any more special than they?
  • Maleficent 2012/05/22 02:26:10
    Maleficent
    idiots.
  • psychobabe 2012/05/22 01:21:09
    psychobabe
    Give this a read. I think it states why the GOP/Conservatives are up in arms. Are they a dying breed? Slowly but surely. I have high hopes for each passing generation.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21...
  • Glitchie 2012/05/22 01:13:09
    Glitchie
    That's what I'm talking about. That is exactly what I see in my head when I see people protesting gay marriage and who are against gay rights.
  • Arianne 2012/05/21 04:59:51
    Arianne
    +1
    It looks stupid now.
  • KoAm 2012/05/21 03:55:45
    KoAm
    +2
    Oh, here we go again -- the tired old comparisons between "gay marriage" and interracial marriage.

I'm in an interracial marriage. My husband is a man. I am a woman.

How dare you compare and equate our type of marriage to a "marriage" between two people of the same sex.

Interracial marriage was once banned in certain U.S. states ... and interracial couples fought against those bans. But they NEVER sought to change marriage into anything other than a man-woman union.

Over 70% of California's African-Americans voted NO to "gay marriage" in the Prop 8 vote four years ago. Indeed, no group in America opposes "gay marriage" more than black people do.

Trying to equate opposition to "gay marriage" with racism is mainly a tactic employed by WHITE liberals. That twisted comparison is obviously not being accepted by the group of people in America -- black people -- who have historically suffered the most racism and prejudice.

So, try another argument, "gay marriage" fans. Your appeals to racism are not only ineffective, but they are illogical and twisted.
  • Lady Wh... KoAm 2012/05/21 11:06:38
    +2
    "I'm in an interracial marriage. My husband is a man. I am a woman...."

Hadda giggle at that one!!! Same here!
  • Link KoAm 2012/05/21 14:23:32 (edited)
    Link
    +3
    Jen, awesome for you and your husband! That's really is great... and I do mean that and not even wondering what races are involved in your marriage... doesn't matter... the boundaries of race should never have been at issue in any way, shape or form...

I'm assuming you're against same sex marriage?

Let me ask you this: On what do you base your prejudices against same sex couples? Please spare me the lame, ineffective, highly illogical and twisted, as well as completely false religious reasonings and arguments... It has been proven that Puritans in history decided that same sex marriage was a sin, not "god", but they wrote it into the bible and other church doctrines as if "god" told them that it was a sin... Why do I say that? Because in is historical fact that (without re-writing the article) many Christian faiths including Catholicism not only blessed same sex marriage in the same fashion as hetero-marriage, but performed the very same marriage rites and masses as hetero-marriages... Many Popes and other religious leaders and elders, etc even historically had not only their same sex relationships, but also historically had their very young "favourite boys". So, again, please spare me the religion-based reasons...

For the record:
    1. I'm not gay;
    2. I'm not Liberal;
    3. I'm not raci...

For the record:
    1. I'm not gay;
    2. I'm not Liberal;
    3. I'm not racist (never cared what anyone's nationality, colour, etc is just who they are as a person, no different than I don't care what a person's gender/sexual "preference" is);
    4. I don't nor have I ever thought anyone is better than anyone else;
    5. I'd be fighting for your rights to marry inter-racially as well if that was still an issue;
    6. I simply and firmly believe EVERYONE should get treated equally and fairly, not just select groups...

What the hell makes same sex marriage worse or less right than your interracial marriage?

What makes the intolerance more justified against same sex marriage than your interracial marriage?

What makes YOU and YOUR husband any better or more special the anyone else who wants to enter into the same legal and binding marriage as you were allowed to do?

What makes their fight for equal treatment less important and less right than those that fought for the right to marry inter-racially? (remember, interracial marriage was banned just like same sex marriage is, so something in your mind puts you on a higher level apparently than same sex couples...)

I could go on and on here....

And, Jen (and others), honestly, I'm not "downing" you for your views- everyone has a right to their own opinions- true? But, what I'm trying to figure out is this: who makes anyone and anyone's rights better, or more important than anyone else and anyone else's rights?
  • Link KoAm 2012/06/21 11:44:17 (edited)
    Link
    I don't think interracial marriage is stupid or wrong or anything else. I'm all for it!

But! I am also all for same sex relationships and marriages and their equal rights...

It really isn't any different, my friend: You have the right to choose who to love, and who to marry,regardless of what others think and feel about it. They should also have the very same rights.

Marriage is about LOVE, not gender...

• Kibbles 2012/05/21 03:29:54
    Kibbles
    +1
    Agree with this completely, as the the times change so does our mindset. I expect something like this to happen.
  • Link Kibbles 2012/05/21 14:26:22 (edited)
    Link
    +1
    Apparently some people think that only they (for example, interracial) deserve the right to marry, but not others...

Maybe we should call that "Selective Rights similar to "Selective Hearing"...
  • Kibbles Link 2012/05/21 22:32:31
    Kibbles
    How very true, how funny it is that some in society wish to pick and choosewhat liberty and civil rights are.
  • Link Kibbles 2012/05/21 23:15:30
    Link
    I'm all about equality all the way around...

If we do that, we can move on and deal with the really important crap...
  • Kibbles Link 2012/05/22 18:22:39
    Kibbles
    rather than fight bout the most ridiculous things.
  • Link Kibbles 2012/05/22 21:57:54
    Link
    Absolutely!
  • Kashee 2012/05/21 00:24:44
    Kashee
    +2
    absolutely agree
  • FencerCat 2012/05/21 00:13:47
    FencerCat
    +4
  • Link FencerCat 2012/05/21 00:16:24
    Link
    +2
    Very true!
  • Andy 2012/05/20 22:55:34
    Andy
    I am curious as to how Gay Marriage will change our society in 40 years. It has seen lots of changes in the past four decades...this will be even larger...and not necessarily for the good.
  • Link Andy 2012/05/21 14:30:49
    Link
    +1
    Interracial marriage was fought hard for and won... and it didn't bring the country or the world to an end... It didn't change anything at all except more people had the rights to marry that should've had the right to begin with...
  • Georgia50 2012/05/20 21:36:27
    Georgia50
    I'd rather imagine how the gay "marriage" issue will be viewed in the light of eternity. No regrets here--not now, not ever.
  • Wonder Woman 2012/05/20 21:31:57
    +1
    LOLZ!!!!
  • Icarus 2012/05/20 21:00:10
    Icarus
    +1
    Good one :-)
  • _Ganjaa 2012/05/20 20:38:42
    _Ganjaa
    +2
    So true.....Right on :)
  • Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET 2012/05/20 20:17:38
    Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET
    +1
    So true......Thanks
  • REFUSENICK1967 2012/05/20 19:58:43 (edited)
  • Jake Blanton 2012/05/20 19:55:35
    Jake Blanton
    Actually, neither one looks stupid.
  • Sachikø-the-shy-kunøichi 2012/05/20 19:39:47
    Sachikø-the-shy-kunøichi
    It should always be like that!
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/05/20 19:28:53
    Margaret Jacobson
    +2
    why do I have to wait 40 yrs..........dumb now !!
  • Link Margare... 2012/06/21 20:56:34
    Link
    Very true... but you also have people here who are too busy nick-picking the specifics, crying that there's no comparison, when they should look instead at the overall, bigger picture that it was unfair treatment of interracial couples to deny them the legal right to marry no different than it is unfair treatment of same sex couples to deny them the legal right to marry...
  • justnotsaying (: 2012/05/20 18:54:27
    justnotsaying (:
    +1
    The two have always been the same to me, even though people would tell me it wasn't.

2014/07/22 21:42:53