The Newfie and the Warden

Link 2012/09/22 01:37:31
The Newfie and the Warden

A Newfie was stopped by a game warden recently with two ice chests full of live fish. He was leavin' a cove well-known for its fishing.

The game warden stopped him asked the man, 'Do you have a license to catch those fish?'
'Naw, sir', replied the Newfie. 'I ain't got none of dem licenses. I don't need one. You must understand, b'y, dese fish is my pet fish.'
'Pet fish? Says the warden.'

'Yeah. Dat's de trut' b'y. Every night, I takes dese fish down to de cove and lets 'em swim 'round for awhile. Den, when I whistles, dey jumps right back into dese ice chests and I takes 'em 'ome.'

'That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that.'

The Newfie looked at the warden for a moment and then said, 'It's de trut Mr. Government Man. I'll show ya. It really works.'

'O.K.', said the warden. 'I've got to see this!'

The Newfie stood on a rock and poured the fish into the cove. Then he stood and looked out to sea.

After several minutes, the warden says, 'Well?'
'Well, what?', says the Newf
The warden says, 'When are you going to call them back?'
'Call who back?'

'The FISH', replied the warden!

'What fish?', replied the Newfie.

Moral of the story: We may not be as smart as some city slickers on de mainland but by the lard tundering jaysus we ain't as dumb as some
Government employees.

2015/12/02 07:03:40