The Newfie and the Warden

Link 2012/09/22 01:37:31
The Newfie and the Warden

A Newfie was stopped by a game warden recently with two ice chests full of live fish. He was leavin' a cove well-known for its fishing.

The game warden stopped him asked the man, 'Do you have a license to catch those fish?'
'Naw, sir', replied the Newfie. 'I ain't got none of dem licenses. I don't need one. You must understand, b'y, dese fish is my pet fish.'
'Pet fish? Says the warden.'

'Yeah. Dat's de trut' b'y. Every night, I takes dese fish down to de cove and lets 'em swim 'round for awhile. Den, when I whistles, dey jumps right back into dese ice chests and I takes 'em 'ome.'

'That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that.'

The Newfie looked at the warden for a moment and then said, 'It's de trut Mr. Government Man. I'll show ya. It really works.'

'O.K.', said the warden. 'I've got to see this!'

The Newfie stood on a rock and poured the fish into the cove. Then he stood and looked out to sea.

After several minutes, the warden says, 'Well?'
'Well, what?', says the Newf
.
The warden says, 'When are you going to call them back?'
'Call who back?'

'The FISH', replied the warden!

'What fish?', replied the Newfie.

Moral of the story: We may not be as smart as some city slickers on de mainland but by the lard tundering jaysus we ain't as dumb as some
Government employees.

2014/08/21 04:27:44