The neighbor down the street sprayed ROUND UP on all my flowers and plants in the front yard--late one night , it was reported to me by one of my other neighbors, what should I do?

True~Male 2007/07/18 03:17:19
The neighbor that reported this to me ask not to get envolved --She said it wasn't considered a hate crime -- its just the woman doesn't like any people that are different from her . Some of my flowers have died and plants are not doing too well.

• highlatte 2007/07/18 04:56:39
    confront the neighbor that sprayed the round up
    highlatte
    +6
    She should also replace your plants.

I'd like to have a few words with her. Humpf, more than a few words.

• handone 2014/07/05 17:03:36
    handone
    There is a possibility, that your neighbor is not realizing that these herbicides drift. For ex; Speed Zone is just a weed killer, (doesn't kill grass) but kills flowers, has a drift in a 3 mile per hr wind of 250 ft. From your post it sounds like she goes around killing weeds and has a thig about it. I can relate to that, I hate black medic, and when i see it anywhere i just want to go dig it up. I think if you approach her, saying "hey appreciate all the weed killing you do ,but do you realize it's drift is killing my plants. Hope this helps.
  • jim 2013/05/14 19:34:42
    jim
    +1
    My neighbor just did this to all my new plants in the back yard, but spared the new plants in the front yard. I saw the girl with a bottle of Roundup spraying everything in sight in their weed infested lawn. Two days later for some reason or other, all my plants died. Hmmm. I have installed a video camera with a infrared motion sensor now and am baiting them with the most beautiful flower plants. Once I capture this, I will take the video to the police and prosecute to the fullest extent. I can't believe how evil people are.
  • True~Male jim 2013/05/15 01:02:17
    True~Male
    Oh my , what a horrible shame
  • No Name 2008/10/25 16:36:09 (edited)
  • Ask Lori 2008/03/02 02:07:21 (edited)
    spray round up in her front yard
    Ask Lori
    +1
    I'm usually about being the bigger person, but when people start messing with my foliage... I say "An eye for an eye" lol. But in all seriousness.#1 You have no proof #2 You are going off hear say and #3 Just install a camera in your front yard. I think you can get em for around $300. #4 Confront your neighbor and make them more hateful. Otherwise you can let it go and bake your neighbor a cake and kill them with kindness. Reverse psychology really works. P.S. Nobody has to know what ingredients you put in the cake.(wink).

lololol!!!
  • True~Male Ask Lori 2008/03/02 18:26:43
    True~Male
    +1
    can i put some pot ( Mary Jane ) in the cake ? LOL
  • Glit 2007/09/25 05:06:56
    Glit
    +1
    Hmmm . . . This is a hard one. Is the neighbor crazy? I can't figure out why someone would do this just because their neighbor "is different". I guess I'd try and find out why she didn't like me and talk to her about it. I wouldn't consider it a hate crime, but it was a very hateful thing to do. Maybe calling the police would be good, if nothing else works, because it might prevent her from doing things like this again. But she sounds kind of strange to me.
  • highdesertgemini 2007/09/25 00:16:24
    call the police
    highdesertgemini
    +1
    first, contact the neighbour.
    replace the plants and send her the bill.
    definitely do not retaliate!
    call the police, if only to make the report. is it your different-from-her plants she didn't like, or does she truly not like people who are different? if the latter is true, plants may be only the beginning...
  • #1Misty 2007/09/10 12:58:55
    #1Misty
    +1
    I TOO HAD A NEIGHBOR LIKE THAT,BUT I COULD NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I JUST MADE SURE I WAS OUTSIDE WHEN THE SOB CAME HOME FROM WORK--IT WORKED--THAT SUMMER I WAS OUTSIDE MORE THAN I WANTED TO BE--HE GOT SO TIRED OF ME BEING OUTSIDE HE WOULD GO RIGHT BACK IN. ON THE OTHER HAND-MY SISTER LIVES NEXT DOOR TO AN IDIOT, FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS HE TOO HAS BEEN USING ROUNDUP ON HER PLANTS SHE HAS PLANTED ONE FOOT INSIDE HER BOUNDARY LINE,SHE CALLS THE POLICE EVERY YEAR, AND THEY GO OVER TO SPEAK TO THE IDIOT AND HIS EXCUSE IS ALWAYS THE SAME-'I THOUGHT THEY WERE WEEDS' HER HUSBAND TELLS HER NOT TO PLANT ANYTHING ON THAT SIDE OF THEIR HOUSE--I SAY WHY CAN'T SHE--IT IS HER YARD--SHE RECENTLY INSTALLED HIDDEN CAMERAS AROUND HER HOUSE-TO TRY AND RECORD THIS IDIOT DOING THINGS IN HER YARD--I TELL HER TO FENCE HER YARD IN--SHE SAYS SHE IS GOING TO TAKE HIM TO COURT ONCE SHE CATCHES HIM. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS?
  • Arleen 2007/09/09 17:40:24
    Arleen
    +1
    What an ASSH***! Tell your neighbor she was seen by you but you did not know what she was doing and now realize what she was up to! Doesnt the effects of that stuff last for a year? Get a local lawn service to give you the facts and the cost of taking care of the problem with a written estimate and go visit her., if she refuses to do anything and there is no legal recourse--pay back is a B**** Remember the dog poop poll? Start collecting!
  • The Hand of John 2007/08/24 12:24:58
    The Hand of John
    +1
    Leave the pile of dead flowers with perhaps a note of thanks on her stoop. Unfortunately you'll have to dig up your flowers and remove the tainted soil if you ever want to recover that flower bed. If she persists in this do call the police because such behavior could become poisoning pet food or something even worse.
  • True~Male The Han... 2013/05/15 01:03:14
    True~Male
    Good idea
  • shirlstermcg 2007/08/24 02:00:30
    call the police
    shirlstermcg
    +2
    My God that is way over the line. Who cares if your other neighbor did not want to get involved she already is. Call the Police and let them handle it. I think it just may be a hate crime depending on why she did it. What a weirdo. If you think that is all she will do, you are naive. Call The Police. It isnt your job to get reactions from your neighbors, let the police question your neighbor.
  • sweetpeachie 2007/07/31 18:36:05
    sweetpeachie
    +2
    Talk to them, evaluate their reactions. Depending on those reactions, do what you think is necessary. Perhaps toilet paper the trees in her yard right before it rains...

I'm only kidding. If she does it again, report it. Seems to me like they let someone out of the looney bin before it was time. =)
  • Sajama 2007/07/19 05:47:26 (edited)
  • True~Male Sajama 2007/07/19 13:28:35
    True~Male
    +1
    SHE IS .... ONCE SHE PUT NAILS IN SOMEONE"S DRIVEWAY --POLICE INVESTAGATED BUT NO REAL PROOF
  • #1Misty True~Male 2007/09/10 13:06:12
    #1Misty
    +2
    "ROUNDUP" ALL OF US HERE AT SODAHEAD AND WE'LL ALL GO PAY HER A VISIT.
  • True~Male #1Misty 2013/05/15 01:03:53
    True~Male
    Thanks
  • robbie's mom 2007/07/19 05:02:49 (edited)
    robbie's mom
    +2
    And if she denies it, a little neighborly rivalry is always good entertainment too. Might I suggest supergluing their mailbox shut, or even worse, mix all the old food in your fridge together, let it sit out for a day or so, and smear that all over the box. Don't get caught though, and don't do any irrepairable or costly damage, or they may call the police.
  • K man 2007/07/18 15:45:44
    call the police
    K man
    +1
    Call the police - that's what they are for.

Obviously, they will not be able to do anything to her because they didn't see it happen, but they WILL talk to her and they will let her know that it better not happen again.

It's the only way that you can be fairly certain that she won't do anything else.
  • 20218 2007/07/18 13:50:36
    just replace the plants
    20218
    +3
    Sadly, Vince, there's not much else you can do unless you CATCH her in the act. You might want to consider looking into a home security system that would actually place some small cameras in key places around your property. If you caught her on film, then you would have a legitimate case to file a police report for destruction of private property and trespassing. Without that, the police aren't going to be able to do much more than simply right it up and let it go themselves, your other neighbor's word is nothing more than speculative evidence at best - after all, if the other lady disputes it it becomes a case of one word against another and that's the extent of it. Replace the plants. Look into a security system. Above all, avoid confrontation - the more you remain civil and respectful the better it is for you in the long run.
  • True~Male 20218 2007/07/18 16:03:37 (edited)
    True~Male
    +1
    thanks so much for your reply, as usual your right on
  • Arleen True~Male 2007/09/09 17:45:21
    Arleen
    +1
    I'm gonna's reply is the best..I have security lights so if anyone steps into my front or back yard they come on..you could try that
  • True~Male Arleen 2013/05/15 01:04:28
    True~Male
    Great idea
  • Juli 20218 2007/07/18 17:05:38
    Juli
    +2
    You always say things so well Go one day. I want to be like you when I grow up!!!
  • jackrorabbit 2007/07/18 13:01:47
    just replace the plants
    jackrorabbit
    +1
    And write a well thought out note citing the bible passages about love
    and acceptance. Include the story of the adulterous woman, and he that
    is without sin. Then tell her that you forgive her actions as she did
    not fully understand what she was doing at the time. I would also
    include the passage about the speck, and the plank. This was a cowerdly
    act by a person that does not see clearly. Be kind in the face of
    hatred, and in doing so you will have heaped burning coals upon her
    head.
  • debra 2007/07/18 12:57:18
    call the police
    debra
    +2
    Or take the neighbor that made the claim with you to confront the woman....and let her know this time you are only making a police report the next time there will be charges..only after you let her say whether or not she did this maliciously or accidentally..I hardly think it was by accident though...feel bad for her ..how awful to be so full of hate....
  • Rbosco 2007/07/18 12:34:38
    Rbosco
    +1
    Youve seen some of the things that I write in here Vin. Just first ask the Bitch why.
  • True~Male Rbosco 2013/05/15 01:05:16
    True~Male
    yep
  • SpecialKrazyK! 2007/07/18 12:13:03 (edited)
    SpecialKrazyK!
    +3
    That is vandalism..what in the world...i would very calmly ask her why she felt the need to damage harmless plants and what is she really mad at..keep cool for that is what always wins...but still what a nut job..jeesh..am sorry for you..that truly is a cowardly thing to do....
  • GEMINII : queen of hope 2007/07/18 12:12:41
    GEMINII : queen of hope
    +1
    so what if the lady doesnt like things that are different it does not give her the right to destroy your property go and talk to her and find out what her problem is and maybe you can figure out why she did this planting is very hard work
  • AngelEyes 2007/07/18 11:48:51
    just replace the plants
    AngelEyes
    +4
    Hint for healthy plants, go get you a bag of Epson Salt, Mix it with water and start water your plants with that. Get you one of those spray containers, that way you can cover the entire plant with the solutuion, even the root area, you have to spray it to get it off the leaves and all. It will bring the soil back where it should be. Then if you have roses, take 1 cup coffee grounds and about 6 large family size tea bag grounds bring them to a rapid boil, in a gallon of water, set them a side for a about 3 days, then poor it around the root area, and watch you roses go crazy, do this once a month, and wow, you will have roses like you would not believe.
  • Special... AngelEyes 2007/07/18 12:14:45
    SpecialKrazyK!
    I do use coffee..but not both together or the tea bags...my roses def are not up to par..wow brains and gardening skills..thank you!
  • meangreen3 2007/07/18 10:34:00
    meangreen3
    +1
    You could get a 20 pound bag of bird seed and spread it in her yard. The birds will be there forever. Or you could spray some kind of grass killer like gas or diesel in her yard. Maybe salt her flower gardens or put an open house sign in her yard or an ad in the paper. Place an ad on craig's list for some romantic interlude, this would only be truly awesome if you knew their phone number or emial address. Most of the things I mentioned are probably illegal so the suggestions I left were for comedic purposes only...nice disclaimer huh. OK now do it and send pics.
  • #1Misty meangreen3 2007/09/10 13:09:58
    #1Misty
    +1
    I LIKE THESE IDEAS--NOW I KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MY SISTERS' NEIGHBOR---THANKS
  • meangreen3 #1Misty 2007/09/16 03:26:23
    meangreen3
    +1
    I'm here to help, but only for the funny laugh part not the actual wink wink do it part. Send pics!
  • Patrick 2007/07/18 10:31:08 (edited)
    call the police
    Patrick
    +4
    It may not be a hate crime but it sounds like it but at a minimus it is a crime to destroy someones elese property. You need to get it documented so that if the nut job does anything else the police will have a good suspect, that is if they are not in jail for the first one. Your neighbor is involved wheither she wants to be or not. Somone who does this to you might be doing worse to someone else and needs to be reported, do not confront them personally let the police do their job, that is why we have laws that cover this type of activity.
  • None of the above
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    How do you know the other neighbor isn't lying?
    I would confront the neighbor who told you about it, and tell them that you're going to call the police- see their reaction, and go from there.
    (I don't know what I'd do after that...)
  • Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas 2007/07/18 05:41:41
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +3
    I would use bleach, liberal amounts and spell something nasty.....
  • chilton~T~ Ihr Has... 2007/07/18 06:13:49
    chilton~T~
    +2
    Read down below!

2014/10/25 06:23:50