The Definition of Irony

Transquesta 2013/01/30 23:12:47
food stamps bears depend

• ProVega 2013/02/07 05:24:23
    I'm a liberal and I'm OUTRAGED at your insinuation that our mass dependency s...
    ProVega
    +1
    That's not the reason we're told not to feed the bears. It's because of the danger to us of the bears loosing their natural fear of us.

Nice try tho.
  • Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/02/05 19:26:51 (edited)
  • Samantha Green 2013/02/02 00:03:50
    ROTFLMAO!
    Samantha Green
    +1
    Ok really wow
  • Larry M 2013/02/01 01:34:50
    ROTFLMAO!
    Larry M
    +2
    First off these safety nets are meant for those who really need it and should be. Those who deny that people do become dependent on welfare simply don't want to see the facts. As to the Jesus cartoon? not worth a comment.
  • Transqu... Larry M 2013/02/01 03:57:47
    Transquesta
    +1
    Hey, the Jesus cartoon was fair play/self defense. I mean, if conservatives are gonna poke fun at liberals, they get to poke fun at conservatives.
  • Larry M Transqu... 2013/02/02 05:33:15
    Larry M
    +1
    I know, I still try to stick to the points of the topic. I enjoy the conservative cartoons as they enjoy theirs. I get the point the cartoon is making but disagree and feel it would be pointless for me to address it as I feel that what we are saying about the question answers what needs to be answered. Good to see you again.
  • tytyvyllus Transqu... 2013/02/06 15:51:31
    tytyvyllus
    +1
    excuse me do you really believe there exists the concept of fairness? or even crazier the practice of it? you truly are an innocent:-)
  • Greg Sa... Larry M 2013/02/01 05:10:40
    Greg Saunders
    +1
    Have you evidence to back up these facts?
  • Magus BN-0 2013/01/31 21:32:52
    ROTFLMAO!
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    What's hilarious is that you actually think this is a valid point.
  • Transqu... Magus BN-0 2013/01/31 21:45:40
    Transquesta
    Who is 'you'? I'm the author of the poll, but all I did was put up an email cartoon EXACTLY as it was received.

You CAN differentiate between the sentiments of the author of a cartoon or article and those of the one who posts it, right?
  • Magus BN-0 Transqu... 2013/01/31 21:48:05
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    Your poll seemed to be approving of the cartoon's sentiments. My apology if I was mistaken about your opinion.
  • Transqu... Magus BN-0 2013/01/31 21:49:59
    Transquesta
    +1
    No biggy. You wouldn't be the first to have made this mistake. :-)

For the record, though, be aware that I post a lot of 'stuff' with which I either disagree or with which I may or may not agree. Even then, sometimes it's a mix.
  • Larry M Magus BN-0 2013/02/04 21:46:35
    Larry M
    +1
    No mistaken my opinion, those who really need it? Good!!! But to ignore the fact that many many abuse these programs and many who could work don't. The idea of many of those who are on it learning that they don't have to work and care for them selves can't be dismissed nor ignored. How many are they? I don't know, but I think we both would be astounded.
  • rcardon 2013/01/31 18:14:07
    ROTFLMAO!
    rcardon
    +1
    While having these government aid programs, like food stamps, can help out a family in need. However, I agree, long term use of government aid can cause a dependency on it, and should be discouraged.
  • JonDeniro 2013/01/31 15:44:35
    ROTFLMAO!
    JonDeniro
    +1
    Excellent! For more than one reason.
  • Bastion 2013/01/31 15:24:18
    Bastion
    +4
    It's funny how Cons only see the dependency that they are TOLD to see. It's so much easier to blame the poor.

nhjyugihjyuhkhiykhju
  • Transqu... Bastion 2013/01/31 20:02:34 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +3
    I blame libs for A) pretending to care about the poor (as opposed to using them as pawns in their class warfare rhetoric), B) making the poor slavishly dependent on them in order to have a ready bloc of voters, and C) accusing 'cons' of being heartless bastards on account of wanting to be FREELY charitable as opposed to being FORCED into it.

So in terms of playing pin the blame on [x], I guess we're even.

"Socialists do not merely want a welfare state, they absolutely must have
    one. They must have a grovelling dependent class from which to obtain
    their daily opiate: an hallucinogenic euphoria which comes from the
    delusion of being superior to, and more altruistic than, all others.
    They must have 'the poor, huddled masses' in much the same manner as
    vampires must have the blood of their victims."
  • Bastion Transqu... 2013/01/31 20:06:58
    Bastion
    +2
    Well, I guess you're blaming "libs" for things they haven't done, and forgiving "cons" for being heartless bastards for using tax money for their OWN benefit, but refusing to contribute to the civilization that makes their success possible.

But if believing BS propaganda makes you feel better about it, fine.
  • Transqu... Bastion 2013/01/31 20:22:48
    Transquesta
    +3
    Actually, I have little use for either flavor of statism. I find both of them repugnant. I'm just able to see the repugnance in both whereas statists themselves (of either 'lib' or 'con' bent) are not. To me and other libertarians--i.e., those of us who just want to be left the hell alone--there's not a pubic hair's worth of difference. You two can fight amongst yourselves over which end of Uncle Sam's turd tastes better till the cows come home. . .just leave us the hell alone.

Does that sound like I 'believe BS propaganda' from either statist sock puppet?
  • Bastion Transqu... 2013/01/31 20:29:11
    Bastion
    +4
    Yes - because you believe that you can live as a libertarian within a society that has already built and paid for it's civilization, AND is at the same time under attack by the rich and powerful.

A philosophicly libertarian position in that circumstance is a abdication of meaningful political opinion to a fantasy utopia, and is essentially support for an aristocracy.
  • Transqu... Bastion 2013/01/31 20:37:29
    Transquesta
    +3
    1) The 'rich and powerful (as yet to be defined)' will ALWAYS attempt to gain the advantage over others (i.e., 'attack'). No variant of a socialist--or a libertarian, for that matter--utopia will ever change that. Just as the poor will always be among us, so will the rich/elite. The BEST we can do as members of this society is to take away the primary TOOL of the rich/elite. That tool is GOVERNMENT. It always has been, and it always will be. This is my central beef with statists of leftward bent: they somehow believe the cat can be tamed enough to keep faithful watch over the canary. It ain't gonna happen. (Incidentally, libertarians helped to PAY for that very same society of which you're so proud. They also don't mind paying user fees for those services which society provides. This dog won't hunt.)

2) "A philosophically libertarian position" is one in which subscribers 'fantasize' about owning THEMSELVES, yes. (They're the original abolitionists.) That's all they want. In contrast to the various fantasies of statists, theirs is the far SUPERIOR 'fantasy.'
  • Greg Sa... Transqu... 2013/02/01 05:17:39
    Greg Saunders
    +1
    "take away the primary TOOL of the rich/elite. That tool is GOVERNMENT."

I sense a gun control argument here....
  • T A Greg Sa... 2013/02/03 05:21:50 (edited)
    T A
    +1
    Only insofar as the wealthy are the ones who can afford to own the politicians that make the laws that are backed by...guns. Those individuals in government are the only ones granted legitimization to initiate force and against which no one is allowed to defend himself.

crazy pills private public
  • tytyvyllus Transqu... 2013/02/06 16:14:55
    tytyvyllus
    +1
    perfect
  • ed 2013/01/31 15:05:15
    ed
    +1
    I'm not... but thats what they are screaming!!! LOL I love this. But its not fair, we have to ban irony.
  • zebsmom 2013/01/31 14:24:24
    ROTFLMAO!
    zebsmom
    +1
    Love it!
  • claona 2013/01/31 08:51:59
    ROTFLMAO!
    claona
    +1
    You are SO SO smart!... I am sure you MUST know the answer....I bet you have even written a best selling book called "Irony: the truth they tried to hide from you"
  • Transqu... claona 2013/01/31 20:05:18
    Transquesta
    +1
    Not me man. I just put up an email cartoon. Beats me why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. :-)
  • claona Transqu... 2013/02/01 08:05:54
    claona
    +1
    I was being ironic friend.... some conservatives probably had to reach for a dictionary before they posted!
  • Miss Capri 2013/01/31 05:34:50
    ROTFLMAO!
    Miss Capri
    +1
    Oceans Of Bulltosh
    http://chainsmashers.mixxt.co...

Left-wing Virals And Hoaxes
    http://chainsmashers.mixxt.co...

When Tolerance Is Tyranny
    http://chainsmashers.mixxt.co...

28th Amendment etc.
    http://chainsmashers.mixxt.co...
  • Tic-Toc 2013/01/31 01:56:58
    ROTFLMAO!
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    That's Great
  • Dane 2013/01/31 01:53:31
  • postmamy 2013/01/31 01:38:39
    postmamy
    +1
    come on ~~~only on halloween~~~~
  • robert.goldsmith.14 2013/01/31 01:36:54
  • ed robert.... 2013/01/31 16:14:01
    ed
    +1
    Or while the whacked out liberals are trying to ban clips or any gun that shoots more than one bullet.... yet DHS is ordering tens of thousands of assault rifles and 30 round mags... Oh, I forgot. Its do as I say, not as I do. and the Government is the all mighty omnipotent entity run by selfless elites who only want to do whats best for the poor... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!! I can't get through that sentence without busting up with laughter.
  • Jesferkicks 2013/01/31 01:25:22
    ROTFLMAO!
    Jesferkicks
    +2
    How true it is.
  • ShadowKat 2013/01/31 01:17:19
    ROTFLMAO!
    ShadowKat
    +2
    That's freaking hilarious......
  • libertybelle 2013/01/31 00:51:24
    ROTFLMAO!
    libertybelle
    +4
    Liberals are feigning outrage..it is a constant state of mind for them..they never want to waste a good crisis..and if they can't find one..they will create one..then be "outraged" about it while blaming George Bush.
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2013/01/31 00:31:10
    ROTFLMAO!
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +4
    yepper.
  • Gloryanna's Quill 2013/01/31 00:27:57
    ROTFLMAO!
    Gloryanna's Quill
    +3
    Poetic justice

2014/11/26 03:04:09