Students bullied and murdered the student just because of gay discrimination.

Goth 2011/09/04 21:16:51
Bully teenagers must go to hell. PERIOD!
Well, I agree that I don't like the homosexual, but don't have go so far

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A judge declared a mistrial Thursday
after jurors said they were hopelessly deadlocked in the murder trial of
a teenager accused of gunning down a gay classmate in their Southern
California classroom.

Ventura County Superior Court confirmed the
ruling in the eight-week trial of Brandon McInerney, who was 14 at the
time of the shooting in 2008.

The nine-woman, three-man jury
panel said its last vote resulted in seven in favor of finding the
defendant guilty of voluntary manslaughter, CNN affiliates reported.

McInerney was tried as an adult on charges of first-degree murder, use of a handgun and a hate crime.

McInerney,
now 17, allegedly shot 15-year-old Lawrence King, an eighth grader at
E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard, twice while both were typing
papers in a computer lab for their English class, authorities said.

King,
an openly gay teenager, was seated in the middle of the classroom with
two dozen students and their teacher when McInerney allegedly shot him
in the back of the head, authorities said.

Friends said King was
proud of being openly gay. He liked wearing jewelry and makeup to
school, and he often wore high-heeled boots with the school uniform. He
asked his teachers to call him Leticia instead of Larry. Some students
bullied him, pupils said.

The prosecution alleged McInerney had
planned to shoot King over unwanted sexual advances, and said that
McInerney had white-supremacist leanings, according to affiliate KABC.

The
defense contended McInerney had a violent upbringing. It also argued
that King taunted and flirted with McInerney, ultimately sparking the
fatal confrontation, KTLA reported.

The trial
was held in Chatsworth, in neighboring Los Angeles County, because the
defendant successfully sought a change of venue in the high-profile
case, said Ventura County Chief Deputy District Attorney Mike Frawley.

By the CNN Wire Staff

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/01/california.gay...

• Dub 2011/09/05 00:23:11
    Dub
    +5
    There's no reason to shoot him. And a deadlocked jury. I would have voted to convict him of the murder. If the gay kid was making unwanted sexual advances or flirting with me if a simple stop it didn't work, or getting mad and telling him knock it off didn't work, then a punch to the face would suffice. If he still didn't learn his lesson after that then I'd press harassment charges, not shoot the kid.

• sherbear 2011/09/18 09:33:04 (edited)
    sherbear
    +1
    it's sad there are so many hate crimes, hope one day everyone could just get along. and i am a pagan i do not believe in hell, i believe in tartarus Hades will deal with those that do wrong and people that do hate crimes
  • ♠Jen♠ BN - 0 2011/09/14 01:05:26
    ♠Jen♠ BN - 0
    +1
    There are those that don't deserve to live, but that poor kid wasn't one of them. I don't understand how it could possibly be a deadlocked jury... it was premeditated murder... it's not like the gun was just lying around the school, loaded, and waiting to be picked up in the heat of passion.
  • joe ramirez 2011/09/05 22:38:59
    joe ramirez
    No one has the right to take another person's life and there is no justification for this kind of killing!
  • Jamacc 2011/09/05 12:41:31 (edited)
    Jamacc
    +1
    I remember reading something back in the eighties about a group of gay young people who went around and kicked the behind of Gay Bullies, I cannot remember the name of the group, it was a kinda funny name but maybe the gay guys should bring these groups back and exercise an eye for and eye brand of justice, the bullying would stop pretty quick.I mean in Europe they have the "Gay Mafia" those guys don't get bullied.
  • Jensola 2011/09/05 10:34:28 (edited)
    Jensola
    +3
    People who are so scared of differences are pathetic, and to kill someone because they are different to you is evil! Hell is waiting for them!!!

And btw, why on earth shouldn't he flaunt his sexuality? Why should he 'tone down'. Everyone should have the right to be who they are!!!
  • Loca gi... Jensola 2011/09/07 00:34:43
    Loca girl n_n
    i dont think it was talking about him toning down his sexuality. i agree with you completely but what i think the artical was talking about was that king was just taking the FLIRTING a little to far, if he did infact hit on brandon. what brandon did was unforgivable and horrific. however if king did hit on him and tease him it was wrong of him to make brandon uncomfertable. no one deserves to be harassed. ( if he was in fact harassed) however brandon should have gone to an authority figure to put a stop to it, not turn towards murder.
  • Nick Name 2011/09/05 10:09:09
    Nick Name
    +2
    DECIDED:
    I haven't followed this case, but, so far it makes no sense.
    One student shoots another IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD and the jury can't come to a decision? WTF?

" .... The defense contended McInerney had a violent upbringing ...." This is not a defense. This is more proof for the prosecution.
    I'm disgusted by a defense move that takes part of the reason a criminal act was commited - gives it a psychological and/or socialogical name and tries to turn into an excuse toward 'not guilty'.
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/09/05 08:11:35
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    I agree maybe the teenager should of toned down his behaviour but what right did Bradon have for gunning him. Where were the parents that they did not teach him the value of life
  • GOD 2011/09/05 04:36:38
    GOD
    +1
    Kill them for the murder but make sure they can be reached by the other inmates and perhaps they'll be raped
  • Mikayla 2011/09/05 04:17:55
    Mikayla
    +1
    Stupid people these days ..
  • MissJo 2011/09/05 04:06:26
  • sally 2011/09/05 04:05:59
    sally
    +1
    That's sad, even if the murdered kid wasn't gay it'd still be bad.

Headline: Gay kid gets murdered.
    Other headline: Kid gets murdered.

It's still the same isn't it?
  • Rave sally 2011/09/05 14:12:20
    Rave
    But the reasons for it are different, this kid got killed for being gay. So therefore this article sheds light on the fact that homophobia still exists and can still be as dangerous as ever.
  • Lilymoon 2011/09/05 03:38:39
    Lilymoon
    +2
    I think it is reprehensible that one student killed another. I know that an out gay student should be able to express him or her self the way they want to, but, it's a dangerous thing to do in our society today. I just think that if that was my son, I would try to dissuade him from drawing that kind of negative attention that could be dangerous.
  • sally Lilymoon 2011/09/05 04:04:31
    sally
    That's the same way I feel, I mean it's not really that necessary to flaunt one's sexuality.
  • DFA 2011/09/05 03:22:55
    DFA
    All I know is that people suck and are afraid of what they do not understand.
  • Americans Unite for Freedom 2011/09/05 02:46:49 (edited)
    Americans Unite for Freedom
    I've not read all the details but all hate crimes are horrific.
  • Myst 2011/09/05 02:26:25
    Myst
    +3
    This is typical of what happens to Out Gay teens .. harassment and bullying, but this is the ultimate hate to be murdered in cold blood. How the jury could sit back and not find this youth guilty is beyond understanding.
  • Old Nellie Bones 2011/09/05 01:15:05
    Old Nellie Bones
    The defence also said He was not White supremist,but He had Nazi posters in his room.Hmmmmmm.
  • Renée♥ 2011/09/05 00:49:02
    Renée♥
    thats just sad
  • Lydia 2011/09/05 00:47:19
  • Jim J 2011/09/05 00:43:36
    Jim J
    There is absolutely no excuse for such bullying. Just because of someones orientation.
  • Dagon 2011/09/05 00:27:33
  • Queen B Dagon 2011/09/05 02:56:56
    Queen B
    +5
    So what would have happened in your scenario if a girl who was getting unwanted attention showed up in typing class one day and shot the boy in the back of the head who was flirting and teasing with her? If the kid brought a gun to school, shot another in the back of the head, and could have just as easily hit one of the other kids or the teacher with a stray bullet then he committed pre-meditated murder even if he was only 14 at the time. Old enough to know what his actions would result in. He needs to go to prison, no two ways about it. And if a homosexual classmate gave him problems, wait till he goes into a prison where older prisoners just love tender young males like himself, and make him their bitch.
  • Dagon Queen B 2011/09/05 04:03:25
  • MissJo Queen B 2011/09/05 04:10:05
    MissJo
    +2
    If King was a girl he would have never gotten shot.
  • MissJo Dagon 2011/09/05 04:09:21 (edited)
  • Dagon MissJo 2011/09/05 05:36:31
  • MissJo Dagon 2011/09/05 06:09:53 (edited)
    MissJo
    +3
    Being proud and not really thinking. I don't know dude, my parents drilled in my head that guns and killing wasn't a good thing, and a lot of the other 14 year old kids I know are the same way. I just don't think that kid was right in the head, this isn't a kid that brought a gun out to show his friend and accidentally shoots him. This is a kid that brought the gun to school with the intent to harm King, put the gun to the back of his head, and pulled the trigger and killed him in front of other children.
  • Dagon MissJo 2011/09/05 17:29:41
  • mewycg 2011/09/05 00:25:32
    mewycg
    I just saw this one on PBS today and it left me with an impression. I was drawn to not forget this video/song.

• Dub 2011/09/05 00:23:11
    Dub
    +5
  • BloodMist 2011/09/05 00:22:21 (edited)
    BloodMist
    +1
    Bullies are pathetic in their nature.Especially if they KILL anyone because of age, race, or creed.It's beyond absurd.Did Lennon have to die for the same reason, a bully?Apparently so.

• RawrRawrNinjaCupCake<3 2011/09/05 00:16:12
    RawrRawrNinjaCupCake<3
    This is wrong.
    Horribly horribly wrong.
    :c
    I can't wait for universal acceptance.
  • Dagon RawrRaw... 2011/09/05 00:28:40
  • RawrRaw... Dagon 2011/09/05 00:37:38
    RawrRawrNinjaCupCake<3
    +2
    Some day we will advance..
    we have to believe.. :c
  • Dagon RawrRaw... 2011/09/05 00:40:47
  • The_Red-fox 2011/09/05 00:15:30
    The_Red-fox
    +1
    homosexuality may be a sin but it is not punishable by death anymore
  • Alan 2011/09/05 00:14:33
    Alan
    +3
    hate is a cancer... and it is still spreading
    hate cancer spreading stop hate
  • Dagon Alan 2011/09/05 00:29:16

2014/10/23 21:59:47