Sometimes it's just about when , what, where, why , who or how

Yosyp 2012/07/30 11:37:10
It irks me when I ask a question about a country, religion, culture and someone will always come in and say I'm trying to insult or degrade.

NO, that is not true, sometimes I just want an answer to a question. People can be so sensitive or paranoid.

Now I think I'm understanding that song " You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you"

• Southern Man 2012/07/30 13:15:44
    Hmmm
    Southern Man
    +4
    People on SH are Crazy we love to Argue especially about politics and God and Freedom and the list could go on for days .. All I can say is just don't pay attention to the Haters and Crazy's

• Eccles 2012/08/01 14:23:43
    Hmmm
    Eccles
    +1
    A sense of humor is lacking if you cannot laugh at yourself you are doomed to live in misery.
    Without their prejudices and identification or a religion they have nothing.
    They become defensive and afraid when presented with another point of view.
  • mikeeonly 2012/08/01 04:13:15
    mikeeonly
    +1
    sorry, must be missing something
  • Yosyp mikeeonly 2012/08/01 09:08:20
    Yosyp
    okay
  • Clay Slayer 2012/07/31 18:35:03
    Hmmm
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    When it comes to religion (christianity) do not question,, Just Obey..... LMAO
    +2
    the ones with political obession get to me
  • rocat 2012/07/31 02:24:41
    Hmmm
    rocat
    +1
    i think this reaction ...
    reveals many folks have agendas...
    not a desire to learn-

their questions are not querys...
    but statements-

and often are baited traps-

thus they see your motivations the same as theirs-

classic projection-
  • Yosyp rocat 2012/07/31 11:36:44
    Yosyp
    I recognize some people have other agendas and in the question I speak of I even took that under consideration and said" I don't mean to disrespect anyone"

It's just a shame we can't ask a question without someone thinking we have ulterior motives. How are we going to learn? The best thing to do imo is answer the question if you know the answer, that to me would be more effective than assuming and insulting the poster.

http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • rocat Yosyp 2012/07/31 14:40:26 (edited)
    rocat
    +1
    ahhh... a race thing-
    it should not be but...
    this is a big deal in america-

folks here have been conditioned by media and govt ...
    to foam at the mouth over anything race related-
    pavlovian slobberers ...i call them-

they are the fool tools of the two party system-

combine that with ...
    the lack of native intelligence of most folks...
    it gets ugly quickly-

they imagine things you never said...
    react emotionally...
    and level false accusations-

just look at all the false rhetoric...
    surrounding our current pos president-
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/30 22:19:31
    Hmmm
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    Most of the time I am just wanting to see what others are thinking.
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/07/30 21:59:41
    Ron in Oregon
    +1
    I'm so vain, I think you are insane.
    I always change the lyrics when I hear it.
  • Yosyp Ron in ... 2012/07/30 22:35:14
    Yosyp
    :)
  • mama sew,gung ho 2012/07/30 17:43:07
    That irks me too
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    I have stepped on so many toes,cause I'm a curious cat!And I have no filter,so I sometimes didn't realize I was making a pho-paw,until somebody came back with both barrels! I don't know if it's more from arrogance,of ignorance?LOL
  • TJ 2012/07/30 16:10:22
    That irks me too
    TJ
    +1
    Everyone has an opinion. I wish some people would just back it up with facts and help others understand the reasons for them, especially when answering a question or conveying a point of view. That is unless that person enjoys being misjudged or just doesn't care. I don't like misunderstanding what a person says because they can't convey their thoughts well. Also, if you do say something that is opinionated, its not a bad thing to have your ideas challenged, or explained. I think it helps to understand who or what someone is all about.
  • Fran-Halen 2012/07/30 15:26:31
    Hmmm
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    Yosyp, I've found that you have no underlying agenda, and are curious about the world and it's people. It's the other people who have motives stemming from their biases.
  • yogamartial 2012/07/30 14:52:16
    yogamartial
    +1
    Yeah and the should of done's and must have beens
  • Ron 2012/07/30 13:52:02
    That irks me too
    Ron
  • elvira 2012/07/30 13:35:36
    Hmmm
    elvira
    +1
    I think your question can be answered by the following; which I took from DISORDERS.ORG :

What is schizotypal personality disorder?

Schizotypal personality disorder usually begins in early adulthood and is characterized by “magical thinking”, which are beliefs that unrelated events are actually linked, or that they pertain in some way to the individual. People suffering from this disorder may believe that they are controlled by an external force or that they themselves control others with their thoughts.

It can be difficult to talk to people with this disorder as their speech can be “digressive”, meaning that they mention elaborate ideas that seem irrelevant to the conversation. Their behavior and clothing can be eccentric and they may appear humorless and dull. Further, they are not comfortable with others and avoid personal relationships. Travis Bickle, the character played by Robert De Niro in the iconic film, Taxi Driver, is an excellent example of the schizotypal personality. The recent thinking among researchers is that schizotypal personality disorder may eventually develop into full-blown
    schizophrenia.

Check out this clip from You Tube. :)

• MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/07/30 13:31:54
    I'm so vain, I probably think this questions about me
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +2
    Not really but I like the option. Ignore the drama king/queens.
  • Southern Man 2012/07/30 13:15:44
    Hmmm
    Southern Man
    +4
  • Bob DiN 2012/07/30 13:08:38
    Hmmm
    Bob DiN
    +4
    I'd say there is too much politics in America.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/07/30 12:06:38
    That irks me too
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +4
    Too right.
  • JMCC 2012/07/30 11:47:45
    Hmmm
    JMCC
    +4
    People with very strong views tend to be defensive as there will always exist others with counter beliefs who will attack those views especially on matters where the beliefs are taken on faith rather than proof (like mathematics).

People gifted with naive curiosity are few and far between and should be treasured and celebrated as they are more likely to discover fundamental truths about the universe in which they exist than those who accept the dogma of others.

The best advice that I was ever given in questioning peoples beliefs without upsetting them is to be honest and open, I state my ignorance and curiosity up front and then attempt to create a question that a child might ask...

How else can anyone learn? ;)
  • Yosyp JMCC 2012/07/30 12:47:18
    Yosyp
    +2
    I know , if we can't ask questions how can we learn?
  • Xerxes 2012/07/30 11:43:25
    Xerxes
    +4
    I understand where you are coming from. However, I never answer these types because I personally feel they are too personal. I am an extremely private person

2014/09/30 18:08:19