SODAHEAD STAFF: WHY DO YOU HATE LIBERALS?

SmittenKitten 2011/08/30 01:34:04
As is the usual case, as of 8:15pm, all the politically-related questions on Page 1 of the HOT list were submitted by Conservatives.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/drug-testing-mandatory-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/confirmed-barock-obama-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-signs-executive-o...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-didnt-actually-ri...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obamas-illegal-alien-un...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/uncle-omar-another-ille...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/chris-matthews-smells-r...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-chicago-pay-sex-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-ugly-people-get-...

Why does the Sodahead Staff hate Liberals?

In fact two of the questions are concerning the same topic.

Over the weekend, I had submitted a blog which had more responses than the top question on Page 1 of the HOT list. As the night went on, and I continued to get more responses, my question was moved from Page 2, to page 4. The next time I looked for it, it was on Page 12. In 19 hours, it had more activity than the Number 1 Question on Page 1 of the HOT list, which was going into it's second day and receiving little activity.

My blog has over 900 opinions, but never got the exposure that other questions with less activity received. I had to go to other questions and post the link to my question; that's how I got so many responses.

So I ask, why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals? Do they want us to leave? Is there any shame, at all, in Sodahead staff's obvious attempt to control the agenda on what is described as:

" ... the premier opinion-based community where visitors discover,
debate, and discuss today's hottest issues. They share their unique
views on breaking news, hot topics and controversial issues and a
diverse panel of staff writers provide original and exclusive content
daily.

With that many angles, the discussions on SodaHead will open your eyes
to a panoramic view of your world that you won't get anywhere else,
allowing you to see the big picture and discuss it."

Sodahead is not being honest with the public. There is only one angle that is promoted on Sodahead, the agenda of Conservatives.

Why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals?

• SodaHead 2011/08/31 20:50:27
    +26
    Hello,

Some members may feel that SodaHead is the site of an epic battle between left and right, where the only important content is political content from the left and right, and every action taken by SodaHead is influenced by some perceived politlcal "bias" that favors one political party over the other.

When we make decisions about changes to the site, or decisions on what to feature on the rotating "carousel" pages, politics doesn't enter the picture. Why would we want to alienate an entire political party and drive them away from the site? That wouldn't be good for our traffic.

The questions you are referring to have worked it's way to the 'Hot' section because of an alorithm that allows fresh/active stories with the most raves, comments, votes, replies, etc. Users voted them to the top -- SodaHead has no control over this. Questions with time stamps of 3-4 days older may not appear on the first page of the Hot section. Content that violates the Code of Conduct may be removed by SodaHead.

As always, please continue to produce good content and share your views with everyone -- there's room here for everyone's opinion, as long as we respect each other.

-SodaHead Support

Tips for Getting Featured on SodaHead:
    http://www.sodahead.com/fun/s...

• Gloria luvguins 2011/09/01 16:02:37
    Gloria
    +2
    Maybe Google blocked him?
  • whipnet Gloria 2011/09/02 04:49:40
    whipnet
    I only block people who block me first.

Here is what I see. Please point out to me where is gives the defintion CC attempted to use in their post.

Walla
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about a sound effect. For the Israeli news portal, see Walla!.

In American radio, film, television, and video games, walla is a sound effect imitating the murmur of a crowd in the background. A group of actors brought together in the post-production stage of film production to create this murmur is known as a walla group. According to one story, walla received its name during the early days of radio, when it was discovered that having several people repeat the sound walla in the background was sufficient to mimic the indistinct chatter of a crowd. Nowadays, walla actors make use of real words and conversations, often improvised, tailored to the languages, speech patterns, and accents that might be expected of the crowd to be mimicked.

Walla is called rhubarb in the UK, rhabarber in Germany, rabarber in the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium) as well as Sweden, and gaya in Japan, perhaps in part reflecting the varying textures of crowd noise in the different countries. Other phrases are "carrots and peas," "watermelon cantaloupe, watermelon cantaloupe" a...

I only block people who block me first.

Walla
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Walla is called rhubarb in the UK, rhabarber in Germany, rabarber in the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium) as well as Sweden, and gaya in Japan, perhaps in part reflecting the varying textures of crowd noise in the different countries. Other phrases are "carrots and peas," "watermelon cantaloupe, watermelon cantaloupe" and "natter natter" (to which the response is "grommish grommish").

Walla is sometimes turned into an in-joke. The TV show South Park often parodies walla by having angry mobs mutter "rabble rabble rabble," sometimes clearly and distinctly. In an episode of Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, a distraught courtroom audience distinctly and repeatedly shouts "rutabaga", a reference to the use of the term "rhubarb". In the Steve Martin film The Man With Two Brains, the audience at a scientific presentation is quite clearly heard to be saying "murmur, murmur" after Martin invites them to "murmur all you want." French and Saunders often make use of the phrase clearly and distinctly during sketches that feature film shoot extras.

While it is generally considered against actors' unions'--such as the Screen Actors Guild-- rules to put distinct words in a specific background performer's mouth (as this would turn 'extras' into actors during the sound mix) this problem can be avoided by recording gibberish that syncs with the on screen mouth movements or 'lip flap' of a specific background performer [aka extra]. It is thereby possible to make it sound as though an extra is saying something, when in fact they are not delivering any actual dialogue. This gibberish is known as 'Snazzum' - named in reference to the way in which the cartoon character Yosemite Sam would swear when angry i.e. "Yassin Sassin Snazzum Frazzum!".

The British comedian Eric Sykes wrote, directed and starred in the 1969 film Rhubarb, in which all of the actors' dialogue consists of the word "rhubarb" repeated over and over. This gives the finished movie the general feeling of a silent film because it has no coherent dialogue, but with the crucial difference that the "rhubarb" dialogue still conveys the characters' emotions and moods.

C.C. was looking for the word Voila, not Walla.
    http://www.merriam-webster.co...
  • Gloria whipnet 2011/09/02 13:02:16
    Gloria
    I think you meant to respond to someone else. Sorry. I never said anything about walla.
  • AARGH! 2011/08/31 04:41:36
  • Smitten... AARGH! 2011/08/31 14:16:21
  • Sheila AARGH! 2011/09/01 03:38:02
    Sheila
    +1
    I don't side with liberals or conservatives, because I'm a mix of both. But, without taking an actual personal poll, it seems to me that SH conservatives are a much more traducent (I think I made the word up) and vocal group (read loud rants), while the liberals have more of a tendency to avoid pudden-headed comments, therefore fewer raves and opinions.
  • AARGH! Sheila 2011/09/01 13:44:53 (edited)
  • RockyMt... AARGH! 2011/09/01 04:28:05 (edited)
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +2
    You are so right.
    Not that I'lm any threat to anyone; nor do I compete for top of the list, since I don't have a lot of time to spend on SH (I'd like to though), But this is the second time I'm going through Level 16! I remember way back when I was almost to the end of Level 16 and thought I could watch it change to Level 17... then I realized the blue bar was starting over, but it was still reading Level 16. To this date, and slower than ever, I'm about a third of the way through Level 16 again. Now I'm curious to see if it's going to run a third course of level 16! LOL (games for grins for the techies at SH, I guess)
  • Smitten... RockyMt... 2011/09/02 20:47:59
  • Gloria AARGH! 2011/09/01 16:00:40
    Gloria
    +1
    Hey Aargh! Glad to see you stuck around!
  • BAD DOG 2011/08/31 03:07:55
    BAD DOG
    +1
    Maybe SH is conservative`s MSM, sounds fair to me !
  • BAD DOG 2011/08/31 02:58:10
    BAD DOG
    +1
    WTH...is there something to like ?
  • Smitten... BAD DOG 2011/09/02 20:48:16
  • TooSweet 2011/08/31 02:54:35 (edited)
    TooSweet
    +3
    Probabley because liberals never stop whining. pobabley whining whining liberal
  • BAD DOG TooSweet 2011/08/31 03:01:03
    BAD DOG
    +3
    crying liberals gifs

He won`t play fair play fair crying liberals gifs
  • Maxine TooSweet 2011/09/01 03:22:32
  • Smitten... TooSweet 2011/09/02 20:49:38
  • Steve TooSweet 2011/09/05 10:43:29
    Steve
    +1
    Funny, seems to me Conservatives whine a lot about the behavior of liberals.

Liberals talk about policies and ideas, Conservatives about people and their flaws. So who is actually doing the whining?
  • Smitten... Steve 2011/09/05 15:46:53
  • Bronti 2011/08/31 02:53:07
    Bronti
    +3
    Just another example of right wing "Fair and Balanced."
  • Smitten... Bronti 2011/08/31 04:09:30
  • RockyMt... Smitten... 2011/09/01 04:31:40
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +1
    I believe their standard means of communication is whining; good examples of this are Beohner, Cantor, Paul Ryan, oh and the biggest whiner of all, Glenn Beck! They must go to some special class where they all study "Whine-ology" before they can get into office.
  • Smitten... RockyMt... 2011/09/02 20:50:40
  • Piper 2011/08/30 20:04:36
    Piper
    +6
    There is an undeniable bias about which posts get top billing; it is unfortunate. I hear the same complaints from Conservatives, about some of the actual SH "Hot Questions" that don't lean in their direction. As far as member contributions, it is evident that certain posters are favored, but it does appear that the site is dominated by angry Conservatives who, judging by their comments and posts, "hate" Liberals.
  • Smitten... Piper 2011/08/30 20:51:13
  • Piper Smitten... 2011/08/30 21:40:23
    Piper
    +5
    Ha......I couldn't even begin to quote all the insults I have received, the personal, really obnoxious kind like that I mean. Yes, I KNOW that comment about Conservatives on SH hating Liberals was an "understatement"..........Not ALL of them are like that though, just most!
  • Smitten... Piper 2011/08/31 02:19:37
  • Piper Smitten... 2011/08/31 03:09:09
    Piper
    +1
    The ones that insist on thinking that all Liberals are immoral, anti-American, lazy, drug abusing supporters of child abuse on welfare? Yes, there many of those "others"......
  • Smitten... Piper 2011/08/31 04:10:57
  • Maxine Smitten... 2011/09/01 03:26:17
    Maxine
    +1
    I agree with you I like some liberals and some conservatives.
  • Maxine Piper 2011/09/01 03:24:35
    Maxine
    +1
    I don't hate liberals. I thought it was more bias towand conservatives. It seems to favor liberals more or maybe there are just more of you?
  • Piper Maxine 2011/09/01 04:13:30
    Piper
    +2
    If you are refering to this site, about "bias", it is evident that Conservatives are favored as far as posts that get in a position to be seen. I'm glad you don't hate Liberals. I don't "hate" anybody based on a political leaning either, nor do I make assumptions about their morals or lifestyle.
  • Maxine Piper 2011/09/04 22:37:07
    Maxine
    +2
    I agree with you--I vote the person not the party. I will not pass on nasty things about any of our presidents. It is tacky and immatured.
  • Flowers 2011/08/30 16:18:16
    Flowers
    +5
    did anyone from soda respond to you?
  • Smitten... Flowers 2011/08/30 20:59:27
  • Flowers Smitten... 2011/08/31 02:31:37
    Flowers
    +2
    I have noticed over the last few months, people have been at each others throats politically. Think about it, maybe that's what they want! If we are fighting each other we aren't paying attention to what rules they pass or how many Benjamins they stuff in the pockets. We need to stop fighting and work together before it's too late.
  • Smitten... Flowers 2011/08/31 04:15:10
  • RockyMt... Smitten... 2011/09/01 04:34:39
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +1
    Or... they could be responding "incognito"; using their sock-account instead. I believe they all have at least one sock puppet at their command.
  • Smitten... RockyMt... 2011/09/02 20:56:24
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2011/08/30 15:10:47
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +2
    I hear much of the same complaint from the other side. That would make sense since I am a conservative. I don't think Sodahead hates either. They are a business and are trying to make money. Pissing off either group is really not good for business. Of course, that is just a dumbass conservative opinion. So take it with the grain.

2014/11/21 16:36:33