SODAHEAD STAFF: WHY DO YOU HATE LIBERALS?

SmittenKitten 2011/08/30 01:34:04
As is the usual case, as of 8:15pm, all the politically-related questions on Page 1 of the HOT list were submitted by Conservatives.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/drug-testing-mandatory-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/confirmed-barock-obama-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-signs-executive-o...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-didnt-actually-ri...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obamas-illegal-alien-un...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/uncle-omar-another-ille...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/chris-matthews-smells-r...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-chicago-pay-sex-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-ugly-people-get-...

Why does the Sodahead Staff hate Liberals?

In fact two of the questions are concerning the same topic.

Over the weekend, I had submitted a blog which had more responses than the top question on Page 1 of the HOT list. As the night went on, and I continued to get more responses, my question was moved from Page 2, to page 4. The next time I looked for it, it was on Page 12. In 19 hours, it had more activity than the Number 1 Question on Page 1 of the HOT list, which was going into it's second day and receiving little activity.

My blog has over 900 opinions, but never got the exposure that other questions with less activity received. I had to go to other questions and post the link to my question; that's how I got so many responses.

So I ask, why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals? Do they want us to leave? Is there any shame, at all, in Sodahead staff's obvious attempt to control the agenda on what is described as:

" ... the premier opinion-based community where visitors discover,
debate, and discuss today's hottest issues. They share their unique
views on breaking news, hot topics and controversial issues and a
diverse panel of staff writers provide original and exclusive content
daily.

With that many angles, the discussions on SodaHead will open your eyes
to a panoramic view of your world that you won't get anywhere else,
allowing you to see the big picture and discuss it."

Sodahead is not being honest with the public. There is only one angle that is promoted on Sodahead, the agenda of Conservatives.

Why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals?

• SodaHead 2011/08/31 20:50:27
    +26
    Hello,

Some members may feel that SodaHead is the site of an epic battle between left and right, where the only important content is political content from the left and right, and every action taken by SodaHead is influenced by some perceived politlcal "bias" that favors one political party over the other.

When we make decisions about changes to the site, or decisions on what to feature on the rotating "carousel" pages, politics doesn't enter the picture. Why would we want to alienate an entire political party and drive them away from the site? That wouldn't be good for our traffic.

The questions you are referring to have worked it's way to the 'Hot' section because of an alorithm that allows fresh/active stories with the most raves, comments, votes, replies, etc. Users voted them to the top -- SodaHead has no control over this. Questions with time stamps of 3-4 days older may not appear on the first page of the Hot section. Content that violates the Code of Conduct may be removed by SodaHead.

As always, please continue to produce good content and share your views with everyone -- there's room here for everyone's opinion, as long as we respect each other.

-SodaHead Support

Tips for Getting Featured on SodaHead:
    http://www.sodahead.com/fun/s...

• Smitten... Q 2011/09/02 20:11:36
  • nightcrawler2005 2011/09/01 04:41:28
    nightcrawler2005
    +3
    They can't be all one sided as they gave you a soap box to stand on. Why does everything have to be a big conspiracy?
    My impression of Soda Head the last while has been the opposite all I see is more and more silly questions and a bunch of screaming left of centre types trying to ram their opinions down everyone else's throats. Lighten up and stop yelling with the big block letters.
  • Smitten... nightcr... 2011/09/02 20:13:05
  • walter.mckibben220 2011/09/01 04:37:57 (edited)
    walter.mckibben220
    +3
    One of my best friends is a Liberal. We went to college together. We were on the same Chapionship Track Team. We don't hate each other. I'm conservative. I left the Democratic Party while Johnson was president. I left the Republican party when Obama was president. Both parties are too liberal to suit me. The Government is incapable of running any kind of program efficiently. Everything they get control of means more power for the Government and less freedom for the people. This is a trend that really got started under Wilson during the first World War. It gradually advances. More power for the Government and less freedom for the people. Liberals don't want to make their own decisions - too much trouble. Let the Government take the responsibility. Social Security, Public Schools, all Welfare Programs, Obamacare and everything the Government controls sucks up more and more money with no improvements. Too many people figure out ways to get in on the dole. The rest of the honest working people will eventually no longer be able to keep these programs afloat. All Socialist countries go broke or become dictatorial unless they change. The best one in the world, Sweden, is now gradually going broke. Healthy workers get "SICK" on Monday. Why not take a three day holiday when you can get the same pay if you call in SICK. This is the sad Liberal story. It can't ever turn out otherwise.

I don't Hate You but I wish you could open your eyes to reality.
  • nonnons... walter.... 2011/09/01 06:00:07
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    How true.
  • Tasine walter.... 2011/09/01 13:41:00
    Tasine
    +1
    Well said, Walter. I skipped the Democrat Party, but did leave the Republican Party because it was just too liberal for my taste - it didn't reflect my philosophy, which in a nutshell is "freedom" from harassment, from force, from big government, from regulations - all those things that prevent a person from reaching his normal potential.

The Democrat Party is severely stifling, and its members seem to like it that way. Unfortunately the Republican Party tries to copy the Democrat Party and their voters HATE that. They don't GET it. Libs will NEVER vote for them, and the pubbies have turned off their base of voters, most of whom are conservative. I believe if all of us conservatives leave BOTH major parties and form one that reflects OUR ideals, we could stay in power for a very long time.
  • Smitten... walter.... 2011/09/02 20:19:22
  • walter.... Smitten... 2011/09/30 02:21:59
    walter.mckibben220
    Generalizing is usually not accurate.
  • Smitten... walter.... 2011/09/30 02:47:39
  • Fresno State Fan CB-05 2011/09/01 04:20:52
    Fresno State Fan CB-05
    +6
    I've noticed the heavy list to the Right here at Sodahead.
    It's just something you have to take in stride and continue fighting against.
  • RockyMtGirl BN 2011/09/01 04:19:16
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +3
    That was great investigative research you did to prove a point so many of us have brought to light off and again. If it's anything like the conservatives in politics, the right has always been threatened by the left; they are about power and money; if they lose, they also lose control. They program the people into hating Government being in control, when actually they don't want the Democratic government in power, THEY (republican government) want to be in power.
    With SodaHead, they only feel superior if all the righties are predominant in numbers; they feel what little sense of superiority they can muster when they outnumber the liberals. Sorry, we Liberals are here to stay.
  • Smitten... RockyMt... 2011/09/02 20:21:45
  • RockyMt... Smitten... 2011/09/04 01:39:29
    RockyMtGirl BN
    +1
    If we could get a collective "AMEN"; I think you're right!
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2011/09/01 04:07:44
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +4
    Its their blog and we are only tolerated here long enough to be blocked by some idiot ideologue zelot.

If they had any position worth its weight in excrement SH would not have to provide them with their echo chamber, bash and dash, "blocker" mechanism
  • Tasine Joe Shw... 2011/09/01 13:44:17
    Tasine
    +2
    Yep, lefties are NOT lovers of free speech. If possible, the left would immediately ban conservative speech. I see it every day here on SH. It is disgusting. There isn't a liberal living who has any concept what conservatives ARE, and that is because they are programmed from the womb to hate conservatives, love control, engage in hate, and grow government as much as possible.
  • Joe Shw... Tasine 2011/09/01 16:02:04
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +3
    Spoken like a true "righty", who, many of them love to "define" what a lefty is without having any type of clue, understanding or tolerance. They tend to deflect all the qualities that exist in them onto someone who they deem as a threat.
  • Tasine Joe Shw... 2011/09/01 18:30:35
    Tasine
    +1
    How much does one need to know to know what a liberal is, or more correctly what a progressive is? If he is pro big government, he is anti personal freedom - it's a logic coupled with historical thing - because in order for a government to be big, it must be in the position of telling people what to do. If he believes in the forcible redistribution of assets and/or income, he is anti-liberty and places government before the individual citizen. Actually that's all I need to know about anyone in order to "define" them. They are enemies of freedom.
  • Joe Shw... Tasine 2011/09/01 19:38:33 (edited)
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +1
    uh-huh ... who passed the Patriot Act? Freedom loving conservatives. Who created TARP? Wealth distributing conservatives. Who created the largest government agency ever? Neo Cons.
    In fact contrary to popular myth, every Republican president since and including Herbert Hoover has increased the federal government's size, scope, or power--and usually all three. Over the last one hundred years, of the six presidents who presided over the largest domestic spending increases, five were Republicans. Include regulations and foreign policy, as well as budgets approved by a Republican Congress, and a picture begins to emerge of the Republican Party as a reliable engine of government growth.

You might do yourself a favor and stop being part of the FAUX news echo chamber. Again [Righties] tend to deflect all the qualities that exist in them onto someone who they deem as a threat.
  • ETpro 2011/09/01 04:04:46
    ETpro
    +3
    Sodahead can turn itself into a right-wing echo chamber where no dissent of any kind is allowed and all the preaching is to the choir. I am doubtful that such a strategy will win many new converts to their way of thinking, though.
  • Justin.Long 2011/09/01 03:46:32
    Justin.Long
    +2
    so you mean its all the staffs fault that lib's dont post enough on here lol you must come back latter I almost guarantee its gonna be filled with nothing but liberal polls
  • Smitten... Justin.... 2011/09/02 20:24:58
  • Justin.... Smitten... 2011/09/02 21:09:30 (edited)
    Justin.Long
    +1
    and honestly I hardly check the "hot list" I just go on the politics section and go to recent so it make no different
  • Smitten... Justin.... 2011/09/02 22:33:25
  • 2226693 2011/09/01 03:45:54
  • All American 2011/09/01 03:18:49
    All American
    +2
    They don't hate you, they just hard time dealing with boneheads, that's all.
  • Smitten... All Ame... 2011/09/02 20:25:22
  • ILuvMonkeys 2011/09/01 03:18:44
  • Smitten... ILuvMon... 2011/09/02 20:30:03
  • jokeriser 2011/09/01 03:18:21
    jokeriser
    +1
    because a liberal is in charge before 2008 it was the other way around
  • nonnons... jokeriser 2011/09/01 06:03:11
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    Bush was a liberal rebuplican. I refer you to the unfunded prescription drug bill. 2006 the dems controlled the house. Nice try.
  • jokeriser nonnons... 2011/09/01 06:22:04
    jokeriser
    that is like saying Obama a Republican sheeps clothes do to Libya conflict neither which has any base's in reality
  • nonnons... jokeriser 2011/09/02 05:42:23
    nonnonsenseguy
    Your grammar needs work. Obama is no republican or a democrat. He is a radical statist/marxist. He got the U.S. involved in Libya for reasons I still do not understand and I challenge him or any lib out there to try to blame that on Bush.
  • jokeriser nonnons... 2011/09/03 02:09:00 (edited)
    jokeriser
    I don't blame bush for Libbya but at the same time I'm not going to say obama is a statist/marxist.
  • nonnons... jokeriser 2011/09/03 04:33:44
    nonnonsenseguy
    Congrats...you are only 50% wrong then. If you can't see Obama for what he is you are a useful idiot for the left. No offense, that is a Stalin term, but accurate.
  • jokeriser nonnons... 2011/09/03 06:35:44
  • Smitten... jokeriser 2011/09/03 07:29:35
  • nonnons... jokeriser 2011/09/03 17:37:36
    nonnonsenseguy
    Yeah and they call the tea party dumb hicks. I'm soooo sorry the truth hurts you so much. I suggest you go to CVS and see if they have something for your bruised ego.
  • jokeriser nonnons... 2011/09/04 07:02:23
  • nonnons... jokeriser 2011/09/04 20:52:55
    nonnonsenseguy
    A hack reporter. If you watch colbert or that other moron on comedy central to get your news that would certainly explain a lot. I am not impressed.
  • jokeriser nonnons... 2011/09/04 22:48:42

2014/07/24 17:50:18